It's Payback Time

By bluerrthanbluee

Savannah Miller has had a massive crush on Caleb Smith for as long as she can remember. When she finally gets... More

It's Payback Time
Chapter One: All The Cosmic Mojos in The Universe Are To Blame
Chapter Three: Frigging Gummy Bears And All Their Mayhem
Chapter Four: The Deadly Duo - Puss in Boots' look and Mc frigging Do
Chapter Five: Roller Coasters Ain't Got Nothing On Me
Chapter Six: Damn Jaw Dropping Fridays
hi there

Chapter Two: Dimpled Hotty Meets Deranged Guppy

485 62 60
By bluerrthanbluee

Chapter Two: Dimpled Hotty Meets Deranged Guppy

As soon as I got out off the car, I headed on towards the school entrance while keeping my gaze down. I had gotten used to the obvious snickering people usually did when I passed by.

Didn't these people have anything better to do than mind other people's business?

Anyways, focus on the mission, Savannah. Focus.

The mission is to be as invisible to the human eye as possible.

Roger that, Agent Miller?

Copy.

Mr. Fern eyed me curiously as I brisk walked towards the building. When he finally drove away, I tried my best to walk as quickly as humanely possible in a slick manner imitating a bad spy thriller.

Faye was so wrong. I could make a living as a ninja. I could even be a billionaire! I'm awesome.

So far so good. I was about to reach the school entrance intact and free from any humiliating events when I bumped into something hard which threw me off balance. I was so close! Darn it.

Before I face pummeled into the ground, a pair of strong sturdy arms grabbed a hold of my shoulders before spinning me around to face him.

"I'm really sorry! I didn't notice you were there. My name's Evan by the way."

I remained quiet, not really looking up at whoever this Evan guy was. That's right, Savannah. Make him feel guilty. 

"I'm kind of new here so I didn't know where I was actually going" he said sheepishly while scratching the back of his head.

“Are you really planning on ignoring me?”

I looked up in annoyance at the person who tripped me and instantly froze.

He definitely was a new student, a very hot new student.

He had dark brunette curls that were cleanly kept. He was staring at me with those gleaming blue green eyes that held so much mystery in them and he had such a nice smile with dimples. He was at least 6’ or a 6'1" tall, give or take, which was a tad bit taller than my 5'8" frame. He wore a simple black round neck t-shirt that hugged his fit body in all the right places paired with navy blue jeans and sneakers.

I was inwardly swooning.

With the way I was opening and closing my mouth, that for sure did not look attractive; I probably looked like a dehydrated guppy. Or, a deranged guppy. So much for impressive first impressions.

On cue flashback a few years from now: dimpled hotty meets deranged guppy.

"Are you okay? You seem kinda lost too. Are you new here as well?”

Oh, shoot. He must think I'm some sort of creep!

Think, Savannah. You must form words!

I quickly composed myself before answering. "I'm okay. I've been to this school all my life." I grimaced at the sudden flashback of all the bullying and pranks I've been through here. They weren't happy thoughts. I remember that one ti-

"So, what's your name?" He asked interrupting my train of thought. 

"I'm Savannah, Savannah Miller."

"I'm Evan. Just in case you didn't get it the first time since you pretty much zone out most of the time" he said with an upturn snide of his lips turning into a smirk. He has got to stop that. My feeble heart can only take so much of his hotness.

"Sorry. Old habits die hard." I nervously laughed which came out more like a cackle than a laugh.

"Anyways, do you need help getting to any of your classes?" I dismissed since he seemed like a nice guy. 

"You're not mad at me?" He asked eyeing me suspiciously.

"Of course not, accidents happen. No biggie."

He just grinned at me. "Could you help me get to English with Mr. Oak?"

I stood beside him and looked at his schedule, "Woah, you have exactly the same sched as me. Well, except for History. You could tag along if you want to." But I wasn't really expecting anything since guys as hot as him don't really hang out with people like me.

"That would be awesome! So I guess we could be friends?" He grinned once again like a little kid and his smile sure did light up his features.

"No."

"Are you serious?" He asked, his smile faltering.

"Just messing with you. Of course! Why not?" I shot him a smile, honestly happy that I've made a new friend.

"Aren't you a joker" he mumbled slightly peeved but then he went back to his happy go lucky self. He sure did have a lot of energy. Smiling the whole day like that would probably make my jaw ache.

"All a part of my winning personality" I retorted back with a wink and led him to the lockers before the bell rang. Surprisingly so, he was just 2 lockers away from mine. We quickly grabbed our books and rushed to class just in time before the bell rang. I sat somewhere in the front near a window and he sat next to me, earning me a few glares from some of the girls in the class.

Right on cue, Megan walked over to where we were sitting and grabbed a chair to sit in front of Evan. She shot me a nasty glare before turning to him to obviously start flirting.

I just scoffed and dug out my phone to play 2048. I could never win against this. It was really frustrating. 

"And who might you be?" Megan asked a very wide-eyed Evan in a sultry tone.

After blinking a few number of times, Evan finally answered. Megan looked very pleased that she had that kind of effect on him. Actually, she had that kind of effect on every guy. She was like Caleb's female counterpart.

Megan's looks made up for her trashy personality. I would be lying if I said she was ugly for she was surely anything but ugly. She was actually really pretty. She had sandy blonde hair and light sea blue eyes with really long eye lashes that made her eyes pop out all the more. She was annoyingly sexy too.

Block them out, Savannah. Block them out.

"Alright class, go back to your seats and bring out your textbooks to page 4."

Mr. Oak to the rescue! If he came by any moment later, I would have gauged my eyes out at the horrid exchange of winks and stutters between Megan and Evan. Megan did most of the winking while Evan did all of the stuttering. Megan finally left to go to her seat at the back but not before handing Evan a piece of paper which probably had her number on it.

You’d think Evan would be a smooth talker with the ladies with how gorgeous he looked but nah, guess I was wrong.

"She's hot."

I gawked at him unable to fathom a smart response to what he said and just settled on rolling my eyes at him. Of course. He was a guy, he would think that way. Evan just laughed at me before turning his head to Mr. Oak to listen to his endless ramble about his lecture.

I got to know more about Evan during the whole day since he sat beside me during every class and even during lunch. Talk about overly clingy but hey, I wasn't complaining.

I found out that his last name is Landerwood which earned a few giggles from me which he returned with a glare. I couldn't help it! It was definitely a unique name but a weird one at that. He came from a family of 6 with 2 brothers, a baby sister, loved up parents and he was the second eldest. All his siblings’ names started with a letter E since it was this weird naming tradition their family had. They had to move here since his dad got a promotion.

It felt nice to have a new friend; I didn't feel that lonely anymore. I'm not actually a loner but ever since Abigail left, school had never been the same. It got rougher for me, the bullies at one point became intolerable but I got better at dealing with it as time passed by. I learned to just block them out.

Abigail Choo is my childhood best friend. She left the country and flew to Singapore since her grandparents’ health conditions weren’t in the best state so they had to leave as soon as possible to spend quality time together as a family; thus, leaving me alone to wallow in my misery.

Abigail’s asian and stunningly beautiful. She has really dark wavy brown hair that reaches out until her waist and brings out her creamy white complexion and a darker shade of brown doe eyes. She’s Chinese and really fun to be with. We still keep in touch though and I miss her heaps.

The day passed by in a blur and I was actually pretty disappointed I never got to see Caleb anywhere. It was kind of unusual. He must’ve just skipped the first day so I just pushed the thought out of my mind and paid attention to whatever Evan was talking about while waiting for Mr. Fern to pick me up.

Not bad for a first day. I just hope the year goes by just as smoothly as today.

-

Author's Note!

Hello there munchkins! Evan Landerwood's (casted by Ben Bowers) photo on the side. Isn't he dreamy? :">

I'll try to update as soon as possible but no promises. Thank you for reading! xo Hope you keep on reading up until the end! (if i ever finish this) ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 81.7K 53
(Complete) After a terrible encounter at a party, one year later, Hailey Fonte is ready to return to her hometown. With everyone against her because...
222K 7.9K 64
"You expect me to forget everything?" His voice comes out as a whisper. "To act like it doesn't hurt me to see you with him or that I'm still not cra...
201K 12.2K 37
[totally unedited and my first time at writing so I hope you guys bear with the flaws and read if you are going to] "I don't know why, but I tend to...
1.5M 39.8K 47
Ella used to always be in the shadows shy, and lets people walk over her ,and treat her badly, but an incident happened which changed her , leavin...