Living with One Direction

By n-sanity

you're the once in a lifetime kind of people baby. More

Chapter 1: Pilot
Chapter 2: What A Feeling
Chapter 3 : Night Changes
Chapter 4: Spaces
Chapter 5: Broken Promises
Chapter 6 : One Way or Another
Chapter 7 : Clouds
Chapter 8: Same Mistakes
Chapter 10: Half a Heart Without You
Chapter 11: Steal My Girl
Chapter 12: The Media's Magic of B.S.
Chapter 13: Courtney, Media is Media part 1 .
Chapter 14: Courtney, Media is Media part 2.
Chapter 15 : Up All Night
Chapter 16: I Would
Chapter 17: Act My Age
Chapter 18: Illusion
Chapter 19: They Don't Know About Us
Chapter 20: Weirdest..Day....Ever.
Chapter 21: Kevin Jr. The Second
Chapter 22: Brothers Don't Fight.
Chapter 23: Danielle.
Chapter 24: Everything About You
Chapter 25: Make Things Right
Chapter 26 : The Plan
Chapter 27: No Control
Chapter 28: You & I
Chapter 29 : Gotta Be You
Chapter 30: Live While We're Young

Chapter 9: Ready to Run

38.1K 369 55
By n-sanity

x C o u r t n e y x

I got up, took a quick shower and got dressed. I ran downstairs to check on the boys

"Any updates from Natalie?" I asked walking down the stairs. Liam shook his head . I sat down next to him and sighed. 'What about Zayn?" He shook his head again.

"Not even a call," Liam mumbled. "Or a text," Harry added with a sigh.

"Don't worry Courtney, Natalie's a smart girl.". Harry recalled . " She just needs to discover her inner intelligence and strength," Harry added.

"But she doesn't know how to go through New York on her own!" I complained .

"Don't worry Courtney?." Louis said walking in and sat down next to us. I sighed. Just then Mr.Maxwell walked in and sat down. We all looked at him in surprise.

"Mr.Maxwell,aren't you working today?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Not without Natalie home I won't" he sighed. "She's going to be so grounded when she get's home." He said angrily.

"You really do career," I said to him. He nodded like I was crazy.

"Of course I do, she's my only daughter,why wouldn't I care?" He asked.

"I wish Natalie was here to hear that" I mumbled into Niall's arms.

"What do you mean?" asked Mr.Maxwell. "What else do you guys know that I don't?" He added.

"Sir,there's something about your daughter that maybe you just don't understand," Harry recalled. Mr.Maxwell looked at us in shock and confusion.

"what is it?" He asked. We all looked at each other and sighed. "Mr.Maxwell,Natalie thinks you don't care about her " I admitted.

He shook his head in confusion. "How could she think such a thing?" "Well you're always breaking her promises and you never keep them, she's always telling me how you would ditch her." I blurted He looked in disbelief "Ï-I never knew Natalie felt that way" he admitted . "I thought she understood about my job,she knows I have to do the best since her mother died," he added

I nodded. "let's just hope Zayn got to New York safely, then he can get Natalie's in the-troubled-ass back home," added Mr.Maxwell. "Have you heard anything from him?" asked Liam

He shook his head and sighed.

" I do so much for her , I give her all this , I even have fu*king One Direction living with her and she still wants out." He mumbled into his hands as he rubbed them against his face.

"Should that be taken in as a compliment or?" Niall asked in confusion.

"Not now Niall." Harry chuckled.

"Sir , Natalie is truly and dearly a smart and strong girl , she will come home." Harry insisted.

Andy smiled a bit. "Thank you, son, Natalie would tell me how close you two have become , you really are a great friend to her , she needs someone like you in her life to keep her motivated," Andy added.

Harry sighed. "Anything for her." He says.

I look at Harry in confusion.

x Z a y n x

"Hey!" whispered a Voice.

"Wake up dip head!" yelled the voice. I shot up and looked.

"Are we here?" I asked in shock. I felt my heart jump two beats ahead. He rolled his eyes.

"That woman must sure be lucky," he said sarcastically. And he walked away. I got up and glared.

"She is lucky and for your information . She's into me!" I say pointing to myself. He turned and smirked

" Now there's something to laugh at . Let the girl be free." He joked and laughed.

I rolled my eyes and headed off .

I walked in the airport and looked around. I needed a ride. I walked to the front desk.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I asked. She turned and her eye grew wide. She smiled.

"Aren't you One Direction , Zayn Malik?" she asked. I chuckled and nodded.

"I prefer just Zayn, but yes I'm in the band." I agreed. She nodded. "I love your band's song ;One thing, it's beautiful!" she cheered.

I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you, but anyways, is there any way I could get a ride to a hotel?" I asked.

She nodded and picked up the phone. She winked at me

"Hello?" she said. "I need a taxi ride for Zayn Malik please" she nodded. "Yes One Direction Zayn Malik!" she called excitedly and hung up. She nodded at me. I rubbed my hand on my forehead.

"Alright Zayn your ride will be waiting outside for you In just a couple of minutes,English," she says and smiled. I smiled back and nodded. "Okay, thank you."

I smiled . "Thank you."Suddenly , a wave of screams appear. I felt my heart jump.

"Holy shit , it'a Zayn!!" A girl screamed. "We love you Zayn!" another girl shouted The group of girls , adding in multiples had sccreamed.

"Aw fu*k!" I yelled. I ran towards the exit"Security!" The woman at the desk called into the intercom eagerly.

I ran outside , looking behind me every few seconds to the exit and saw a man holding a sign in his hands by a taxi that said ;

"ZAYN MALIK"

I smiled and ran up to him. He looked at me and then the sign.

"Are you Zayn?" he asked English accent.

"Yes, " I say and nodded eagerly , yet breathlessly . He smiled and opened the door for me.

"Right this way Mr.Malik." He leads. "Hurry sir!" I call. He closes the door fast and security came to block the doors.

"No, what hotel am I going to?" He asked.

"What's the best?" I asked. " I just need it to stop for a rest for a night," I explained.

He smiled and nodded.

"Ahh the Cranberry Resort is quite beautiful." he admired and smiled. I nodded and smiled.

"Then let's go to Cranberry," I said. He nodded and started the car. And we were off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We parked at the hotel and I paid the man. I looked at the Hotel. Damn, it was huge. I walked in and sat in the lobby . I set myself down and grabbed my phone out of my pocket, I went I to my iPhones contacts and dialled Harry. I put my phone to my ear and waited for it to pick up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

x H a r r y x

We sat waiting hours and hours. I laid upside down on the couch and played with my fingers. Everyone sat around with me just in case anyone calls. Rather Zayn...or Natalie. I was hoping for Natalie .. Even though I just really wanna be the guy in her arms .

Just then my thoughts were interrupted when I heard a phone ringtone go off. I dug into my pocket and looked and my eyes grew wide.

"It's Zayn!" I yelled. Everyone gasped and I turned right around and sat up and stood up.

"Well, answer Mr.Styles!" Mr. Maxwell yelled. I nodded and pressed speaker.

"Hello?" I call.

"Hey Harry" Said Zayn.

"Zayn!" I called, "Are you in New York ?" I could hear him sigh through the phone.

"Yeah,I'm here at a hotel, " He said and sighed.

"Wait is Natalie with you?" asked her father.

"No, sir. She isn't" Zayn said. "If anyone knew where she was in New York ,I could go after her." He added.

Just then Courtney shot off the couch and pulled a piece of paper from her pocket.

"The note!" She yelled. Everyone turned and looked with wide eyes.

"Wait you still have the note?" Zayn asked through the phone.

"I can't believe you kept the note baby!" Niall yelled happily.

" Baby ?" Mr.Maxwell asked Niall. Courtney suddenly blushed and Niall's eyes grew wide .

" It's a very slow process sir." He insisted . "Very slow , so slow that -" Niall stopped.

" Back to the real point ." Mr.Maxwell shook his head to get back into reality .

"It says she's staying with her Aunt Lisa." Courtney read out loud.

Mr.Maxwell's eyes grew wide.

"That's my sister!" Mr.Maxwell said. "Natalie knows she's not allowed to see her anymore , how could she go behind me like this?" He said angrily.

"Sir do you know where she lives and on what street?" Zayn asked. He nodded trying to think. "Unfortunately I do know where that witch lives." He groaned.

"C'mon Mr.M!" yelled Louis. He went to grab a notebook and opened it.

She lives in "16934-56th street!" He called. "More like on bit*h avenue." He mumbled.

"Zayn did you get that down?" Louis asked. "Yeah I got it," Zayn said. "But I didn't add that last part, sir." He chuckled.

"Good luck Zayn!" Courtney yelled. "Thanks. Bye guys" Then he hung up.

" A month of punishment," Mr.Maxwell whispered to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

x Natalie x

I sat on the balcony and stared out at the view. Watching cars and people walk one-by-one. I didn't care what the view was, it was beautiful. I sat with my guitar in my hands. I was writing lyrics down on a piece of paper. It made me feel better, I just let out all my feelings about Zayn and put it into a song. I put the pencil down and played the notes I'd written down.

I sighed and looked out to the view. I heard a footstep and I turned.

"Hi, aunt Lisa," I said and smiled. She was holding a book. " Thanks again for letting me stay on such short notice ." I sighed .

" Anytime for my darling ." She smiled .

I turned to the table and she put the book down in front of me.

"What's that?" I asked curiously. She opened it and I gasped.

"Is-is this our family album?" I asked. She nodded and smiled.

"I haven't seen this since Mom died," I recalled. looking through a page.

"Your Father gave this back to me when she was in the hospital." She said shaking her head.

"I couldn't believe he gave up a book with such amazing memories." She added. I turned the page and looked up.

"Why would he do that?" I asked. She sighed and put her hand on mine.

"Because he didn't wanna have a memory of your mother after she was gone. He was just too depressed after she was gone, you were only just a baby when it happened" She explained.

I nodded and sighed.

"Well, he hasn't changed much since then either," I mumbled. She looked at me curiously.

"What do you mean dear?" Aunt Lisa asked. I sighed.

"Dad never see's me anymore, he's always buried in his work and he constantly breaks promises, I'm usually living alone pretty much." I groan.

"Was this why you came to New York so last minute?" She asked. I nodded and closed my eyes.

"Yeah," I said quietly . " I feel so useless and alone back there , Like I'm in one lonely world," I mumbled. I sat up and she looked at me in shock.

"Natalie Marie Maxwell, you are not alone." She said.

"What about those boys you were telling me about and Courtney?" She asked. " What are the boy's names anyways?" She asked.

"Well you know my wants-to-be-my-boyfriend -but-were-taking it-slow Zayn Malik, then there's Liam Payne,Louis Tomlinson, Harry Styles and then Niall Horan," I mumbled and she nodded.

"Well, I'm sure this Zayn and everyone have been worried sick about you, have you gave him a call?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I couldn't after what I did," I mumble putting my face in my hands . " Ugh, I'm so stupid !"

" No, you are not!" Aunt Lisa called. "You are a strong young woman with very strong independence."She added.

" My dad is going to kill me," I admit.

"He loves you , he's probably more worried than angry." She advised.

"Aunt Lisa , it's my dad." I clued her in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

X Z a y n x

I was in the taxi halfway through downtown New York to Natalie and dug through my pockets.

"Uh-oh," I said.

" Pay up kid." Said the driver.

"I.. I think I forget my wallet,"I said nervously. "What?" he asked.

"Could we take this as a well-received charity?" I asked nervously.

He glared and I sunk into my seat. He stopped the car hard and made me bumped up and down. He opened my door and threw me out of the car and onto the sidewalk and drove away.

I got up in pain and dusted myself off.

"I guess not," I mumbled. I felt something wet on my arm. I lifted my sleeve and gasped. My arm was dripping blood.

" Fu*k!" I yelled and pulled my sleeve back down.

"What else could go wrong?" I yelled into the sky. Just then I heard thunder.

"Oh, shit.."I groaned shaking my head. Then I saw lightning and it started to pour hard rain

"What the actual fu*k!!" I yelled.

"Who are you talking to?" asked a voice.

I jumped startled and notice a man sitting on a bench. I sighed and sat next to him. " I'm talking, well hating on myself sir." I sigh.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Why?" He asked like I was stupid.

"Because,I screwed up everything" I sigh and put my face into my hands. He sighed. "is this about a woman?" He asked.

"Why does everyone ask me that?" I asked out loud. He chuckled.

"And yes.Maybe it might be about..a certain girl I love and haven't told her." I admitted. I can't believe I've gotten so desperate I got to the point where I'm telling a stranger my problems.

"Well do you know where she is?" he asked. I shook my head. "She flew here to run off and I chased after her on the next flight," I admitted and sighed. He got up and patted my back.

"Well I got a ride and I would love to take you." He said. I smiled and stood up.

"Really? Would you do that? " I asked happily. He nodded. I smiled and thanked him and we headed to his car and I handed him the address. We buckled up.

"So what's your name son?" He asks me.

I sigh. "Zayn, Zayn Malik sir."

"Well its a pleasure to meet you Zayn, call me Daniel."

"Pleasure is all mine Daniel, Thanks," I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

x N at an l I e x

I watched the rain out the window as it dripped all over the beautiful city of New York. I sat with my guitar again. I've been surprisingly attached to this since I met Zayn and sang to him for the first time. I started to play some notes then all of a sudden my phone ringed. I picked it up it said Blocked ID.

"Blocked ID?" I asked. I picked it up and put it to my ear. "Hello?"

"Hey Natalie,it',s,raining," said a voice. I Gasped quietly in shock.

"Z-Zayn?" I asked. I could hear him chuckle through the phone. "Yeah it's me, and I'm a mess from the rain." He added.

I looked curiously at the window.

"Wait it's raining back at home too?" I asked.

"No.", he said. "I mean here." He added.

I shook my head curiously.

"Zayn what do you mean here?" I asked.

"We should hang out , can we talk inside? He asked.

"How could we?" I asked chuckling.

"You're so far away." I admitted. I could hear him laugh. He said something to me that gave me a small shock and butterflied inside.

" Then look out your window." He asked. The line went dead.

________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63K 2.5K 22
friendships & feelings.
25.7K 320 161
Just read. DISCLAIMER- THIS IS A SIDE PROJECT AND WILL NOT BE UPDATED REGULARLY
3K 85 14
A 20 year old girl gets a special surprise and it changes her life forever Read to find out what happens to you :)
41.1K 1.2K 31
Everything's tied together. **COMPLETED**