His Mystery Kisser

By BlackManiacx

Shivaay is subconsciously aware of the woman he wants to marry. Unfortunately, it isn't the one he is marryin... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Unrequited | A ShivIka Short Story

Chapter 3

5.3K 534 111
By BlackManiacx

Shivaay smiled as he got into his car. Only fifteen minutes ago, he had announced that he won't be getting engaged to Tia because neither of them would be happy with this in the end.

Pinky had wailed that her son shattered all her dreams of seeing her grandchildren, but he promised her that she'll definitely see her them soon. The elders of the house looked at him with vandalized expression, especially his own parents but Tej and Janhavi also were looking at him with a very genuine yet teasing smile.

Rudra of course, had jumped and busted some happy dance moves before taking Shivaay in a bear hug, continuously muttering, "I love you Bhaiya!"

Om had joined the hug, saying that he was happy Shivaay found his brain and heart in sync. With that, he rushed outside, ready to meet his mystery kisser.

-
When he reached his destination, he checked himself in the rear view mirror once. He didn't look really presetable but decided that this was the style he liked. Grinning, he hurried towards her doorstep and started ringing the bell and knocking the door.

When Anika did open it, he had taken his own sweet time as he checked her out. The colour blue definitely suited her well and he couldn't help but think if that is why she loved his eyes. They naturally complimented her.

"Aap?"

Breaking his chain of thoughts, he pushed the door open and walked in. He was Shivaay Singh Oberoi and this was his about to be sasural. He smiled to himself before making his face devoid of the emotion. He had a brilliant idea of getting engaged with Anika so he needed a certain composure until the climax.

When Anika stood in front of him, looking cute with her narrowed eyes, he quickly turned around and locked the doors. What happens behind these doors, has to stay behind these doors. He chided himself for the stupid smile adorning his face and regained his composure.

-

When he placed his lips on hers, Shivaay knew it was her. It was only her scent that let him off guard last night. He took his time, setting in place his surprise for Anika and lazily enjoying the kiss as well. When he did slide the ring on her finger, his possessiveness increased tenfolds and he started enjoying the kiss even more, knowing that he was rightfully allowed to do so.

Even though Anika hadn't made him wear ring, in fact wasn't even aware that she was engaged to him, he knew that he was all hers.

-
After they kissed the second time (logically the third), Shivaay had let go of Anika who ran away to the kitchen.
Anika's heart was jumping up and down, probably going to fall out of place, when Shivaay entered the kitchen.

It only worsened the already ecstatic heart.

He snuggled from behind, making Anika shiver. Nuzzling into the crevice of her neck, he sighed. "It feels so good to know you are all mine."

When he said that, she knew nothing was going to calm her down. Not for a month at least. Maybe even a year. Trying to free herself, she fidgeted a little. Shivaay turned her around, their faces close, their breaths mingling.

Something suddenly seemed to strike her and she pushed him away. Shivaay looked at her in confusion.

"How did you know it was me?" Anika looked at him curiously.

Shivaay smiled. "Glad you asked." After hesitating a little, he stated smugly. "I looked at the guest list. Went around kissing all the young eligible ladies till I didn't find the right one."

"Haww!" Anika looked so horrified, Shivaay burst out laughing.

"Kidding! I didn't know you would think so low of me!"

"You fed me that lie. But you failed. I didn't buy it."

"Your expression said it all." Shivaay shrugged. When Anika only huffed in annoyance, he continued. "I did look at the guest list. Just that I started short listing all those who had the potential of going around and kissing Shivaay Singh Oberoi in the dark."

"Ha ha! Very funny!"

"Okay fine." Shivaay smiled as he caught her arms and pulled her closer. "Shivaay Singh Oberoi is smarter than you expected."

*
When Shivaay walked into Priyanka's room with the intent of understanding how much of a chance did he stand to marry Anika, the air was what confused him.

It took him a few minutes to register that it was the same scent that his mystery kisser wore. Confusion etched his face. It was when Prinku called out his name a few times that his brains started working.

"Prinku, what's the perfume that you use?"

"Bhaiya, you don't need to keep gifting me. On top of that, it's your engagement! I am supposed to gift it to you."

Shivaay smiled. "Prinku, I'll make sure not to gift you but right now, please tell me what is the scent in the room?"

"Bhaiya, it's the new perfume! The one that our company is about to launch soon!"

Gears had already started clicking into place. "So that means nobody in the world can have this, right?"

"Obviously!" Prinku looked at him in confusion.

"Did anybody use it?" Shivaay smiled. He knew the answer.

"Nobody did." Prinku frowned. She didn't remember anybody using it.

Shivaay's face immediately fell. There were two problems. One, chances of Anika being the mystery kisser lessened. Two, Oberoi Industries' latest unannounced products had been leaked.

"Haan Bhaiya!" Prinku's face brightened.

"When I was getting ready, Anika was around. She complimented it!" Prinku smiled, proud of her sharp memory. She giggled when she remembered how she had sprayed a bit of it on Anika who only looked at Priyanka in shock.

The transformation in her Shivaay Bhaiya's expressions was a golden one. The bright smile that took over the confused soul was so contagious, Prinku grinned as well. She would have been happier if she knew that within a few hours, her best friend would turn her future Bhabhi.

"The whole duration of the party, was she with you?" Shivaay knew he had to clear any doubt before taking a decision.

"Since I didn't want to do much interaction with the guests, she was with me in my room. It was only when there was some time left and it was necessary for Anika to make sure everything was flowing smoothly that she promised to not leave my side and took me downstairs. When we did come downstairs, the lights went out. I mean if we would have been greeted with a spotlight, it would have been better. But... Since Anika is scared of the dark, even though she didn't tell me, I knew she was jittery because of the dark. As an escape, she said that she'll go out and check with the workers rather than staying in the cramped place and I let her go. Sometimes, I don't understand what could be the reason for such a fear. When the lights went out, Anika immediately caught my arms. She had started sweating so much. I feel bad for her."

Shivaay was listening and processing everything. Prinku again noticed his change of expressions and concern clouded her. "Is everything okay, Bhaiya?"

Priyanka was quite aware of the attraction between her best friend and big brother. Even then, she didn't understand the gloomy expression Bhaiya wore just because Anika was scared of the dark.

Shivaay ran a hand through his hair. "Everything's okay Prinku. Don't worry." He smiled. Priyanka smiled back and looked on as Shivaay walked out of the room.

*

Anika looked at him with a smile. "Smart Singh Oberoi." She muttered. She then frowned. "But if you were in confusion, how did you decide it was me?"

"Well..." Shivaay smiled brightly. He then caught hold of and dangled her left hand in front of her. It took a few minutes for Anika to realise that one of her chaand was missing. Her eyes widened and Shivaay grinned.

*

Shivaay walked to his room and banged his hand on the window frame in frustration. It was then that something shone in the light reflected from the pool and caught his eyes.

He looked at the miniature semblance of the moon that was so close to Anika, dangling from his watch and smiled sadly. How he wished he was of as much importance.

Suddenly, something dawned on him. He started thinking of the past few days. Three days ago, he had announced his engagement in an attempt to see if Anika cared. To his disappointment, alll she did was drown herself in the wedding preparations. She would no longer pester him to give his suggestions. It was as if she had created a barrier between them hardly letting them communicate. He had silently watched as she ordered the workers. He did notice the tiredness in her features and wondered what troubled her. He refused to let the hope of his marriage to Tia being the reason, bud in his heart. He wanted to protect himself from the potent heartbreak.

She had suddenly become extremely careful, not giving him a chance to enjoy their 'trip and catches'. So when exactly did this little fellow attatch itself to his watch.

He then remembered something.

He tugged at her wrist but she was determined to run away. One strong pull and Shivaay had to let go. He frantically tried seeing in the dark, anything that could make him understand who the woman was.

The smile that adorned his features was worth capturing for a lifetime. His heartbeat became excitedly fast as his whole body wanted to jump and celebrate in joy. Straightening himself, he wore his Shivaay Singh Oberoi look. He had an engagement to cancel.

*

"See Anika? Your bracelet will always bring me to you." He smiled as he caressed her cheek. Anika smiled back. She wrapped her arms around him and he took her in for a warm, protective and possessive embrace. Something she had never felt before. They stood like that for a long time.

"Anika..."

"Hmm.."

"I Love You." Shivaay mumbled into her hair.

Anika immediately looked at him, blinking her eyes, trying to process his words. When she started gaping for words, Shivaay chuckled.

Gradually, as Anika took in the genuine tone with which he spoke, Anika's smile grew wider. Very excitedly, she wrapped her arms around him tighter and said the words Shivaay wanted to hear. Only with a little change.

"I love you Billuji."

*

And that's the next part for you guys. I know I know, I said, no updates for long but my book just entered the top 1000 in Fanfiction and I got really excited.

Let me know how this one is. Waiting for your reviews :)

Thank you so much for all the love you guys showered my story with.

Also, there is something I would like to share. Both the stories I have posted here were pre-written (except the last part for this one which is still pending) and I decided to give you guys an original story. Soon. I have the plot (and, like 2 chapters ready) only missing out on the title and cover. Hope to begin with it soon.

Thanks once again.

BlackManiacx <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 869 11
Nothing new but again a sweet love story.... "The more I am thinking about you, is the more I am falling for you... All I want is to keep you with my...
36.1K 3.3K 45
The last thing Avi, scratch that not even the last thing Avi would want to be tutored by anyone let alone by school's bad boy . He follows her around...
191K 19K 24
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...
1.3M 58.7K 105
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC