Facade

By BriandSamy

"For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It wasn't my lips you kissed, but my soul" - J... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21

Chapter 13

55 2 0
By BriandSamy

*Louis POV*

I quickly shut the door behind me. One minute I'm fighting Harry over who knows what, and the next thing I know, I'm staring at his eyes. Josh wasn't around and neither was Nathan, my other roommate. I went into the living room and turned on the tv. I slouched on the couch and put my feet up. I should be at my journalism class, but I didn't feel like going. Instead I took the day off from school. I changed the channel to CBS and How I Met Your Mother was on. I loved the show, it was hilarious and the jokes were inappropriate. I eventually fell asleep on the couch. When I woke up, it was already night time. Nathan was back.

"Yo Tommo! You busy tonight? Cause I, ahem, have the stash." I rubbed my eyes and wiped my face. Next, I looked over at Nathan. Nathan was tall and pale. His skin was sort like that of a porcelain doll. He had a distinguishable square chin and detailed cheek bones. His blue eyes were complemented by his light brown, curly hair. He was also British and had some serious talents. In a way he was like Harry, but he wasn't. "Not tonight. I have a lot of things on my mind." "Then that's exactly why you should do it." "Nah, I think I'll just roam around a little." I sat up and turned off the tv. I got up, grabbed my coat, and headed towards the door. "Hey, if you see Josh, tell him I new to talk to him." "Ok man, whatever." I closed the door and headed out.

I went to the gym and worked on the machines there. I thought back to the fight in the hallway. I was weak there for a second, how did I let that happen? I never let anyone see me weak. I worked on my abs and arms and legs. The stronger I am, the better. After I was done, I took a shower in the locker room so I wouldn't have to do it at my place. After what happened with that prick Styles, I didn't want another incident. As I felt the now cold water bounce off my skin, I let my mind wander back to yesterday. What the hell was Harry doing in my room? Josh said he let him in, so he had an earful this morning. I guess it was also my fault, I was just there naked, but then again, I didn't know anyone would be in my room! I have been living with Josh and Nathan for 4 years, the things we have seen and done are far worse. But gahh!! Why does Harry have to be so annoying and clingy? Then it hit me! He saw me naked, cheeks and all. My cheeks suddenly turned red out of embarrassment and anger. I stepped out of the shower and got ready to leave.

Once I got back home, I heard some laughter coming from Nathan, who was probably to out of it to realize I came back. Josh was in his room with some chick, but I needed to talk to him. I leaned on the doorway and point behind me. "You need to leave." "Woah, slow down Tommo! Who says so? I was just getting know Jessica-" "My name's Lindsey." "-Linsdey here." I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. "I say so. I need to talk to you." Lindsey looked over to Josh who just huffed and got up. He led Lindsey out of his room and she left our dorm unaccompanied.

"Dude what happen to your face?" "What the hell did you do this time?" I ignore his statement about my bruised skin. "What?" "Why are you messing with long legs?" "Long legs?" "Don't play fucking dumb with me!" I yell. "I don't know what your talking about." God I want to fucking murder Josh sometimes. "Why did Harry show up at the dorm telling me that you beat up his dimwit roommate, Daniel?" "I don't know!" "God damn it Josh, now straight people? If you didn't know, Daniel is straight!" "He didn't seem like it." What an asshole. "Wait a second. Why did Harry come here?" He asks as I facepalm myself. "I've been trying to ask you that for the past five minutes!" "Is that why you have bruises on your face?" I stayed silent for a minute. "Curly punched you! Didn't he?" He laughs. "This shit isn't about me. Harry just randomly showed up." "And punched you in the face." Josh says still laughing. I flip him off and walk out of the room.

*Harry's P.O.V*

What was that? I didn't even know I had that in me. When Brock almost punched me I froze. How come I didn't freeze nor stutter when I punched Louis? I get up from the ground and walk back to my dorm. After the fight I really didn't feel like doing anything. I had a few bruises on my face with some blood on my knuckles. Once I got to my dorm, I felt weak. My face did hurt in all, but my heart just felt weak.

You are weak.

You can't even beat up a person without feeling sorry for them.

You're weak.

My conscience tells me. I pass by Daniel, who's sleeping on the couch, and quietly get to my room. I plot myself on the bed and stare at the ceiling. College was harder than I thought it would be. What if I met someone else at the party? What if I decided not to go to the party? What if I never met Louis? This wouldn't have happen. None of this. I would've been happy and not have to worry about this mess. What if I just give up? I can't give up. Not on something you love. Once you find a person, you never give up. My thoughts are interrupted from the sound of the door. "Come in." I say quietly.

Brock comes in my room with a stare I can't read. "Hey." "Hi." He takes a seat on the my chair. "So I took Daniel to the doctor, and it turns out that he sprained his ankle." My eyes widen. I get a flashback to yesterday. Watching Josh kick Daniel made my stomach turn. He must've kicked him in the ankle.

"Is he going to be okay?" "Yeah he just needs to stay here for a few days. He's gotta go to the doctor daily." "Okay." We both look at each other and share an awkward silence. "So what happened to your face?" "Oh, umm. Don't worry about it. It was silly." Brock simply nodded, dropping the subject. I was waiting for him to leave, but he just stood there. His lips quivered as he battled whether to say something or not. His eyes were fixed on me, but his stare was blank.

"Brock, is there anything else you need to tell me?" "Huh?Umm, no. It's nothing. I just..." He trailed off, and then he nodded and waved awkwardly before leaving. My back fell back on my bed and my eyes slowly started to drift off into sleep.

"No you first." I smile. "Okay, okay. Close your eyes." "We're really gonna play this game Louis?" "Just do it." I roll my eyes and do as told. "Nooo peaking." I hear Louis opening something. "Ready?" "Yep." "Okay, open your eyes!" Once I opened my eyes, a bracelet lies in Louis' hand and says 'You're the greatest treasure'. "L-Louis." "I'm sorry. I didn't really know what to get you, and I-I.." "Shh.." My finger touches his lips. "I love it." "Really?" His eyes shine. "Yeah." I giggle. "Kay your turn." I give Louis a bag filled with different kinds of gift cards. "Here you go." Once he looked in it,his face was filled with happiness. "Harry! How?" "I knew you would love it." "You're really making my gift look like shit." I laugh. "Nah. I love your gift." I put the bracelet on. "Sooo I see you got me a giftcard for pizza." "Yes, because I know you love pizza." He laughs. "You know me too well he kisses my cheek. "I love you." "I love you more." "Wanna bet?" I push Louis to the bed. Louis smirks and lifts his shirt up revealing his toned abs. I do the same and jump on top of Louis. "Happy One Month Anniversary." I say before I plant my mouth on his.

A disturbing loud boom wakes me up from my slumber and makes me shiver. What was that? I get up to go check what the racket is all about. "Where is he?" I hear a familiar voice coming from outside. "Daniel!" Josh calls out. Of course he's drunk. I check the time. It was around 10 pm; I had somehow overslept.

"Go home Josh." The sound of the banged door being tossed within its frame wouldn't stop. I forcefully and regretfully got up and left my room towards the door. I let out a huge sigh before opening the door slowly. As soon as the port had been opened, Josh stormed in. He started mumbling and looking around. I examined him. His face was red, his jaw was clenched, but what stood out most was his posture. He wasn't leaning on a side, he wasn't stumbling or dropping to the floor, he maintained right up, and his back was straight. I tried to glimpse at his eye; they were red, but not bloodshot red. The veins in his eyes stood out, but never dominated. When he spoke, his sentences were clear and full. I stood near him; nothing, I smelled nothing.

All these signs could only mean one thing, Josh is sober. Contrary to my former belief, he wasn't drunk, and every word he said at this moment, he meant it. He came looking for Daniel, who was no where to be found. He was determined to get his hands on him and do some severe damage to the skinny, fragile boy. Drunk or Sober, it was evident that Josh could break Daniel like a stick, toss him around, widdle him a little, and then break him into a million pieces. I rushed over to Josh who was struggling with Brock's locked door. "Shit. Why won't this fucking thing open." "Because I don't want you in here. No animals allowed in my room." Brock's response from the other side of the door only fed the beast's anger.

"Let me in you fucking piece of shit! I know Daniel's in there!" I was now able to grab Josh's arm and pull them behind me. I knew Josh wouldn't hurt me; he couldn't. I was Cam's best friend, and if he hurt me, he would hurt Cam, something he would never let himself live with if he did so. "Josh calm down! Come, sit on the couch." I pulled to him the couch and he sat down only for a second before he got up again when Brock made a snarky remark. I held my arms out and sat him down again. I sat next to him with my arms around him, waiting for his chest to slow down and for his frown to disappear. Once Josh had calmed down a bit, he was still fuming, I decided to ask him about this situation.

"Josh, what the heck was all that about? You practically trashed our dorm." "Like I give a.." He trails off and passes out. I roll my eyes and leave him alone in the living room. Brock comes out from his room and goes into the kitchen. I follow him. "Is he gone?" "No. He just fell asleep on the couch. Leave Daniel in his room until he leaves." "Alright." Brock grabs a water bottle from the refrigerator and walks out of the kitchen.

I decided to go to back to bed too. Today has been a rough enough for me. Most of it reflected on Daniel. The bruises on him and I will go away, but not the memories in our mind. I think about me being Daniel; the one who get's beat up by Josh. He kicks hard. Hard enough to make me scream in pain. The reason why I hate picturing this is that I can't fight back. He punches me in the face making my nose bleed. I look up and notice a person, a man facing me. I see him from a distance up a hill. He steps closer and closer to us. He notice I'm tied up by Josh. Then I realize the man running to us, is me. The man stops running and turns around. I scream my own name, but he can't hear me. I stare up at the monstrous face of Josh and see it's been replaced by Louis'. This time, I can hit him. I'm free handed and could do whatever I want. Louis is yelling at me while his knuckles forcefully connect with my ribcage. I grunt, but push him back. I don't attempt to hurt him. I stand still. "Enough." Is the only word that comes from my mouth. Surprisingly, Louis stares at me and nods. Then, the realization hit me.

When I'm with anyone else, I'm weak.

When I'm with Louis, I am strong.

He makes me strong.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.7K 252 31
exactly what the title says!! mostly fluff and no smut :) πŸ’™πŸ’š
7.6K 216 22
"You dont like the flower crowns and sweater I wear?" "No but I like you"
44.4K 1.4K 5
harry is in love with louis but it really doesn't matter.
309K 10.9K 39
[COMPLETED] "Are you jealouis?" "What the hell does that even mean?" or the one where louis is obviously jealous about harry hanging out with other g...