In my best friend's Wedding...

By perilous_smile

No, it's not what you are thinking..... I don't suddenly realise that I love my best friend when I get the ne... More

Chappie 1 : The Most Awkward moment of the century
Chappie 2: Meeting the bride in the most unconventional way
chappie 3: Meet Nathan, my brother
chappie 4: making new friends and an Enemy
Chappie 5: Meal For Meal
Chappie 6: Surprise Surprise
Chappie 7: Playing Cupid has its Price
chappie 8: A day with the Devil; part 1
Chappie 9: A day with the devil part 2
Chappie 10: Revenge time
Chappie11: Ooops I forgot!!!
EDWARD'S P.O.V
chappie 12: The Unexpected
Chappie 13: An unwelcomed visitor
Chappie 14 : Turn of events
Chappie 16: Taking it out on neighbours
Chappie 17: Drunken haze
Chappie 18: Situation Red Alert

Chappie 15: Guilt and Confrontations

491 16 4
By perilous_smile

Elena

There are only a few things that I regret- Moving out with my bro, getting obsessed with braiding my hair in different styles in high school,  Cheating on Ash and lastly quitting college. Those are the things I've done and felt wrong about later. Then Edward came into my life and I felt like everything would be okay with him.

But now sitting in Nathan's car on my way back I felt cheated and a cheater both. Cheated by Edward and cheating on him with Luke. Life has such mysterious ways.

I groan and shift in my seat. I wouldn't cry. I would be strong. Nathan gives me a look over but remained quiet which I was thankful for. I didn't know what answer I would give him.

My mind was racing with thoughts. Thoughts about Edward,  thoughts about our night together, thoughts about him abandoning me, and finally, thoughts about Luke.

And the kiss..

The kiss was unexpected and shockingly soft and pleasant.  It was as if he wanted to convey me his feelings. In his arms I melted and relaxed from my inner turmoil and I did something that I added to my regret list... I kissed him back.

I hit my head repeatedly on the car window.

"Whoa! I know you're going through something,  but please refrain from breaking my window, El"  Nate coaxed and I fell back in my seat.

Another 10 minutes pass before Nate stopped the car abruptly and turned in his seat. I gave him a questioning look and he held my hand in return.

"Get it out now or else you'll be a wreck at John's wedding weekend"  he spoke softly.

My eyes widened at the realisation that today is Wednesday and the wedding was on coming Sunday. I missed on many things and had loads to work on. John would probably be mad at me and not talk for few days, and Jess would be shooting  me on the first sight. I gulp in fear of those two wierdos. A match made in heaven.

"Crap" I mutter and Nathan laughs.

"Thats all? I thought you'd be pouring you heart out" he smiles.

"I don't wanna talk about it Nate" I shrug and turn  towards the window.

"Thats exactly why you should be talking about it to someone" Nathan says and starts the engine again. We were nearing our house when he turned the car in the opposite direction. 

"Where are we going?" I ask him incredulously.

He smiles and shrugs it off. After a few turns I understood where he was taking me and I relaxed. My brother had some brains afterall. He stopped outside Olivia's house and gives me a big smile.

"Now go ahead and spill it out to your girl but make sure you are alright" he says pushing me towards the gate. I turned to hug him and he hugged me back.

"Thanx" I say slowly breaking our embrace.

"Wait I forgot to give you your medicine" he says with an evil glint in his eyes and I am literally scared. I was not under any medication afterall so what's this medicine he's talking about.

Nathan hands me over a paper bag and I take it suspiciously.

"Go ahead, see what I got for you" his smirk widens.

Slowly I open the packet and my eyes are glued to the bottle of Jack Daniels scotch.

A small gasp leaves my lips as I realise how awesome my own brother is. I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him on the cheeks.

"You're the best brother ever" I exclaim overexcited and he laughed.

"Please, I'm better as a jerk" he says and brushes my hair.

"Can I ask you something? "

"Hmm.. Okay." he replies and I break free from his hold to look at his face. Yes, he was a handsome lad who got girls in the blink of an eye. I could never understand why girls flocked around him in school. But now I get it, he was a good catch afterall.

"What went wrong between us years ago?" I ask and his face fell.

"El, please.." he says softly and I urged him to go on.

"Well, you were my best friend,  my companian, confidant,  my partner in crime..." he says looking down.

"And ?" I ask him.

"And then you got John. I was left alone" he admits and I'm stunned. no it couldn't be that I abandoned my brother. Dammit!!

"What can I say. John is..." I srart but he cuts me off.

"I had one friend,  Ash, and what you did with him made me detest you"  he pauses and looks at me. I'm shocked beyond belief.

"He didn't deserve it, you know?" he breathes and breaks the eye contact.

I gulp at the realisation of my past mistakes. The impact one stupid mistaje I did years ago had on my current life situation.

"What can I say?" I trailed off thinking of how to put my feelings in a single sentence..

"Screwed up royally?" I question him and he gives me a nod and then hugs me once again.

"But that's in the past now. I'm happy you got Edward. Just don't break his heart, okay?"  he says and I sniff.

Thats it. my waterworks will start any moment.

I started crying. Did I push Eddy away somehow?

"Hey hey hey.. the crying is not until we're watching crappy chick-flicks in my room. You're breaking the trend here, El" Olivia comes out in the driveway and hugs me from behind.

I smile involuntarily and can't think of any better person to be with and discuss my situation.

" I am paralysed. Let me go both of you"  I joke and immediately they leave me and I am a little disorientated.

"Thanx for taking her today Olivia" Nathan smiles.

"She's my best friend,  even though her best friend is John" Olivia gives me a dirty look and I laugh.

"With John getting married,  its only you and me babes" I smirk and sling my arm around her shoulder.

"I'll let you guys do your thing. Whatever."Nathan sits back in the car.

I wave at him when suddenly a thought invades my brain.

"Wait, Nate!! Can you please get hold of Edward and tell him to call me once? "  my voice was pleading.

"I'll see what I can do about it" Nate's face is all serious as he starts driving.

"um-" Olivia clears her throat when I am lost in my thoughts.

"I,..." I begin and she cuts me off.

"Let the chick flick and ice cream make you speak your heart more clearly"  Olivia  says dragging me.

I hault just before we enter and smirk at her.

"Uh oh!" She mutters.

"Lets watch something with blood bath and replace the ice cream with these" I say and hand her over the packet.

She peeps inside and then gives me an evil smirk.

○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●

Nathan:

I pounded louder at the door but it didn't seem like it would open up on its own.

"Open up, Bastard!!!."  I yell and kick the door this time.

What did he think, he can get away from hurting my sister? Never.... Nathan White will never rest in peace until he's got the bastard who made her little sister cry.

I had never seen Elena so devastated. Not even when she left college. Atleast she looked guilty back then and I knew deep down that she deserved the situation. But now, she had a broken look which broke my heart to pieces.

Dammit! ! I'm her brother.  I should be protecting her!!!

"Young man, stop shouting" an elderly man from the next door ordered.  I flipped him off with my middle finger. His eyes widened but I could care less as I resume my  pounding and kicking at Edward's door.

Suddenly the door open and I didn't have enough time to hold back the kicking. So...

"Dammit.. Nathan!!  Are you high?"  Edward cried in pain as I had apparently kicked his shin too hard.

"You!! Son of a..." I scream and lunged at him.

"Get off me" he shouts.

I begin punching him.

"Nobody gets to break" punch, "my sister's heart"  another punch.

"Bastard, did you wanna do this when you gave me the oh-so-big a lecture about not being mean to El. You don't break my sister's heart..." I say between breaths.

"And she gets to break mine  and cheat on me?"  he laughs sarcastically.

Slowly his words sink inside my head and let my grip loosen. It can't be. Elena can't cheat, she isn't a cheater, not anymore I hope.

"You're lying" I proclaim.

"Wish I was. I wouldn't have even believed the eye witness but.. I have no option but to trust him" Edward sulked. His face was torn and for the first time since I saw him after the door opened, I actually saw him. His eyes were dull, his face was crestfallen and he smelled of alcohol. No, he reeked of alcohol.

Nothing to be surprised I guess but the thing is I've never seen Edward drunk, not like this atleast.

Could he be telling the truth? Did Elena really cheat on him? And how did Edward come to know of that? Well atleast I know he had a reliable eye witness, But who is it I wonder. I should interrogate whoever is the witness.

"I want to meet your witness" I say and fold my arms over my chest and glare at him.

He gives me a mocking laugh and takes a swig of the bottle of whisky in his hand.

"I want to ask this witness what exactly did he see" I say more clearly.

"Then here is your witness", Edward said pointing towards himself. My eyes widen in shock.

".. And I'll tell you how I saw your sister stabbed my back" he continues and broke into a maniac laugh.

"Take a seat please, its quite an interesting story" he ushers me towards the sofa and I willingly took a seat.  I wasn't prepared for this, any of this.

" I'll begin by how much I'm in love with your sister. so much that I wnted to spend my entire life with her" he stops and takes another swig from his bottle.

I eyed him. He looked like a mess yet his face was all dreamy.. oh El, what did you do?

" I took her to her favourite place, took her to dinner and.. pardon me, but made love to her that night" he stops and I instantly stand saying, "You did what?"

"Relax, it was high time don't you think?"he  says and I tug at my hair in frustration.

"And how did she cheat on you exactly after doing.... that with you"  I ask angrily.

Edward juat laughed another one of his cynical laughter and his eyes gleamed. I think he had too much alcohol in his system right now. He suddenly stops laughing and stares seriously at me.

" I came back.. I came back to bring the ring I was about to propose her with, and you know what I saw when I returned?"  he asked with venom and hatred dripping from his voice. I just shook my head.

"I went back smiling, thinking how my life would be complete after she says yes.  And she was there, in somebody else's arms, kissing him"  he finishes and starts drinking again.

" I-I... didn't have a clue about this. Sorry"  I mutter.

Dammit Elena.. wtf...!!!

"You know the guy?" I ask cautiously and he nods but doesn't reply.

"John?" I aked the first guy I could ghink of with Elena. Edward's eyes were wide as saucers.

"Luke" he says and I face palmed myself.

Oh No...  I'm going to make myself sisterless tonight...

○○○●●●●●○○○●●●●●⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙●●●●●○○○●●●●●●

Hi  :D

Sorry its been a while now, I love you guys so muvh gor the support you've given to this story by votong and commenting. .

Well, my finals are here, wish me luck.. So there's hardly any chance that I can update before 26th september.. so sorry..

please follow the mantra,

like, love, vote,  comment..

Luv ya,

Shy♥♡♥

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.5K 1K 76
Part 1: Today was supposed to be my fairytale day. My perfect wedding day. I made my way to David, he took my hand in his, walking us closer to the l...
1.7K 200 90
Prepare to live. Prepare to die. And mostly prepare to fall in love. An age old High school, a seemingly age old forbidden romance. But will it remai...
218 28 26
It's your best friend's wedding weekend, and you're the maid of honor. What's a girl to do when the best man is your ex and the love of your life, bu...
307 40 40
This will be the story Crowded Silence, but in our male lead's POV. If you did enjoy reading my first ever story 'Crowded Silence' then you might lik...