Don't Be Afraid

By kdissorad

Rule #1: Never be alone, have someone always with you, no matter where you are. Rule #2: Don't acknowledged t... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Epilogue
Sequel Update...It's going to be awhile ;(

Chapter Five

73.6K 634 76
By kdissorad

Edited ;) and I don't hate British accents. They're cool.

Chapter Five

The next day I was sitting in my car and Emery was outside standing in front of the school door. I had a feeling that he was there for a reason. He was looking around the parking lot searching for someone or something. I am too scared get out, ever since that picture freaked me out for some reason I didn’t trust Emery. Well I didn’t trust anyone, but Emery was on top of my list. I like to call it the shit-list.

Emery looks around one more time and frowns. I guess he gave up on whatever he was looking for. He shrugs and goes inside but not before he looks at my car window and gave it a smile.

I jump a little. How did he know that I was in my car, how he did even know which one was my car? He must have not been looking at me; maybe he was smiling at someone behind my car. I was really getting paranoid.

I hear a loud tap on my window. I scream and jump out of my seat. I look over to the window, thinking it was Emery but it was Jesse. He looks at me and smiles, I just glare at him. I roll down the window.

“May I help you?” I ask rudely.

“Are you going to get out of your car soon? School starts in a few minutes.” He says, his smile never faltering. It was kind of annoying.

“I’ll get out whenever I want.” I retort back. I grab my book bag and look at my phone. He was right, school starts in five minutes.

“Now if you would please move out of the way so I could get out, that would be just wonderful.” I say with fake happiness. He opens the door to let me out. Wow, I real gentlemen.

I get out of the car and he closes the door.

“Why were you in there so long?” He asks walking next to me.

“That’s none of your business.” Doesn’t it bother him that he’s walking next to me? If we walk through those doors together people are going to freak out. I stop walking so he could go first and not have to deal with the embarrassment of walking with me.

He finally notices that I wasn’t next to him when he was just about to open the door.

“What’s wrong?” He asks.

“I let you go in first.” I say. He looks confuses. “Why?”

“Um, I don’t want to embarrass you, you know, for being seen with me. I don’t want you to have to go through the drama.” I say nervously, looking at my hands sheepishly. Why was I so nervous! Man up, Athena!

“I’m not embarrassed being seen with you. I told you, I couldn’t care less what people think. Now, come on were going to be late for class.” He surprises me by saying that. To everyone I was an embarrassment; no one would dare be seen with me.

He grabs my hand and pulls me into the building. I shake my hand away from his. “Don’t touch me, ever!” I yelled.

“Okay, I won’t. Just come inside with me.” He opens the door and steps inside. I still stay behind him a little, afraid that it was too good to be true. Mr. Popular wants to be seen with me.

We walk in and everyone is silent. The fact that someone was in a five foot radius of me was probably national news. Everyone stares in shock and some glare—well everyone glares, like every day. I run to my locker, so that people would think it’s just a misunderstanding that Jesse was near me.

But of course Jesse wouldn’t have it. He follows me to my locker. Making people more confuses.

“What are you doing?” I whisper-yell at him. “I told you, Athena, I’m not embarrassed.” Wow, I guess he is telling the truth. Shocker.

“Whatever, your committing social suicide.”

“Come on let’s get to class.” I sighed. “Wait, you have a class with me?” I ask.

“Yeah, I have biology with you.”

“Since when?”

“Since the beginning of the year, you just didn’t notice me.” He said. Oh, silly me.

We get to class right on time. I sit in the back like always and Jesse sat in the front. I guess that’s why I never noticed him before.

“Hello, beautiful.” An annoying British voice said. I groan, of course the devil has to sit next to me. “What do you want Emery?” I say annoyed.

“I was waiting for you this morning but I didn’t see you. Are you avoiding me?” This guy is so annoying.

“I’ve known you for almost twenty-four hours and you’re asking if I am avoiding you?” He nods. “Well Emery, have you ever thought that I just didn’t want to talk to you. Don’t you have other friends?”

“I do, but I want to hang out with you because I’m curious.” He says with a smile.

“Curious of what?”

“Why everyone avoids you. Every time I bring up your name in a conversation, someone has to call you a freak or a psycho. To me your just normal. You are kind of hot, you dress decent, and you don’t have body odor. So why don’t you have more friends?” I roll my eyes.

“Firsts, don’t you ever talk about me, ever. Or I swear to god I will beat the crap out of you. Second, don’t call me hot or I would not only beat you crap-less, I will make sure will not be able to have children. Lastly, I am not normal. People were right, I am a freak. So it would be smart of you to avoid me to.” I explain to him. I smile sweetly.

“You’re feisty, I like that.” I was about ready to punch this guy in the face. Screw that, I’m ready to tear his face off.

***

It was lunch time again and again I was really bored and super pissed. Emery really needs to shut up sometimes. He and his annoying accent get to me.

I don’t know where Kyle went; I guess he’s giving me the cold shoulder for ditching him yesterday. So here was I, sitting at a lunch table, that can sit sixteen people, by myself. I look like a total loser, even though I was already one. I hear people whispering, there not as quiet as think they are. “I guess Kyle finally got to his sense and ditched that freak.” I hear an annoying bubbly voice say.

“Yeah, did you hear this morning that Jesse was actually talking to her.” Some other squeaky voice says.

“Are you serious? He must be going blind or something. That hot new kid, Emery was talking to her earlier to. What could he possibly want to do with a psycho like that?” These girls are really getting on my nerves. Their words never hurt me that much; it’s just their point of view of my life was really annoying. For a bunch of people that hate me, they sure care what’s going on in my life.

“She should really consider jumping off a cliff or something. When she finally dies, I’m throwing a party.”

“Yeah, if she doesn’t die soon, I’ll do it myself.” I clench my hands in fist. I need to get out of here before I drop kick one of these plastic bitches.

I get out of my seat and walk out of the cafeteria. I needed to be somewhere that was secluded. I quickly walk to the library, not wanting to run into anyone on the way there. I walk in the library and sit on the couch that was placed on the far end of the library. I started to punch the couch repeatedly; I was so mad that I feel like I would explode.

“Well don’t break the furniture; there are other ways to deal with anger.” A soft voice says. I look up to find a lady staring at me. She was middle age petti women. She had brown hair that went all the way to her shoulders. She had greyish looking eyes that look like they held years of happy memories. She has laugh lines on her face. She looked nice and motherly. I instantly like her.

“Sorry, ma’am. I was just really angry and I needed somewhere to go.” I explain. She just smiles.

“It’s ok, I understand. I’m Ms. Lane, the new librarian.” I wonder what happened to the old librarian. “Here have this,” She says and gave me a squishy looking duck. “I figured you’d need it when you came in and started punching my furniture.” I thanked her and started to squeeze the duck. She’s now the only teacher I like in this school.

“I have to go put some books away, feel free to stay.” She says sweetly and then leaves. Then I remember lunch time would be over soon. Oh, crap. I really wanted to stay and relax. I look at my schedule and saw that I had a free period, yay! I lie on the couch and try to go to sleep.

“You took my seat.” A familiar voice says. “Tough noodles.” I say with my eyes still closed. I wasn’t going to let Jesse take my seat that was already confortable for me.

“Did you just really say tough noodles? I think you watch way too much Icarly.” He says laughing.

“Shut up! Why are you here anyways?” I say with my eyes still closed. I was too lazy to open them.

“I have free period, duh! And I come here to start on my homework.” I finally get up in a sitting position and open my eyes.

“I should be asking why you are here. You never come to the library during free period before.” He asks siting down. “Yeah I usually hang out in the garden but some dumb bimbos made me mad so I ran to the nearest place to punch random stuff.”

“Ah! I get it now, it was because Kyle wasn’t sitting there, wasn’t it. Yeah I hear about that, I can’t believe he ditched you like that. The next time he’s not there I’ll sit with you.” I laugh and roll my eyes.

“You really going to risk your popularity to sit with me, I doubt it. Only Kyle is man enough to sit with me, he’s the only one who’s not completely embarrassed to be seen with me. He only didn’t sit with me because he was mad that I ditched him at lunch yesterday.” I say. I really doubt Jesse would put his social status on the line for me again.

“Your saying that Kyle is the only friend you have?” He asks confuses. Was this guy really that dumb?

“Um, yes? Did you not get the memo that I was a freak that everyone tried to avoid? Kyle is the only person in this world to have the balls to be seen in public with me. My own brother is too embarrassed to be around me in public.” I say and kind of laugh.

“Miles avoids you too? He’s your own brother for Christ sakes.” He says angrily. I laugh again.

“Yes Jesse, Miles hated me ever since I started to show signs of schizophrenia. He’s too embarrassed to be seen with his freak sister. But it’s okay, I’m used to it.” I say it like it was nothing. But in reality it was something, but I would never show or tell anyone that.

“But it’s not okay. Your brother shouldn’t hate you because of something that you can’t control.” He was yelling now. We earned a few glares are way; well everyone glares at me but smiles at Jesse. I roll my eyes.

“Jesse, calm down. It’s okay; I can’t control what my brother thinks about me.”

“Whatever.” He mumbles. I was so changing this subject.

“So how much hell did you have to pay for being seen with me?” I ask. He looks me dead in the eyes. I hate to admit it but he had pretty eyes, they were violet like mine. This was kind of weird considering that we both have the ‘vision’. I wonder if that has to do with anything with seeing ghost.

“You’re serious aren’t you?” He asks. His question surprised me. What did he mean?

“What are you talking about?”

“Just because I talk to you, you think that people are really going to treat me different?”

“Well yes, that’s kind of why I’m trying to not be seen with you. So you can keep your friends and your family. I don’t want you to go through what I have gone through.”

“You’re so messed up, it’s unbelievable.” He says rudely. I was in shock, and then anger came over me.

“Excuse me?” I ask in annoyance. I know it was too good to be true that Mr. Popular wants to be seen with me.

“You’ve really gone through a lot these past years, but I never thought it was this bad,” he says. This guy is dumber then what I gave him credit for. “I am so sorry that people have treated you this way. They stepped on you like dirt and it angers me to hear you say that you’re trying to protect me from being around you.

“Just look at what these people have turned you into. I am so sorry that I wasn’t there sooner. I wished I known that you were like me. I wished I could have protected you from those insults and death threats. I just wish I known you sooner.” I look at him in shock at what he just said. No one has ever says that to me, not even Kyle. I was so a taken back. By the look on his face told me he meant it to.

But something told me to go into defense mode. Instead of being happy I was angry.

“Look here, I have been dealing with this for four and half years. During that time no one was there to help me. I had no one to protect me and I don’t need anyone now. So save the pity and keep it to yourself because I don’t need you, I don’t need anyone.” I yell. Everyone turned their heads and glare at me. I roll my eyes and flip them off. I was not in the mood. I was done; I didn’t know how long I could do this anymore.

I ran out of the library to cry emotionally for the first time in years, but I didn’t know why I was doing it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 30K 19
"There are rules!you must follow them!"he yells making me jump back "What if I don't"I barely whisper yet he was able to hear me perfectly fine and...
10.8K 401 32
**on hold for editing** you are kidnapped by a creepypasta and it turns out that you might NOT die.
9.6K 296 37
*COMPLETED* ****************************************** "There are four rules that you must do, if you break them...chaos will come" ~Anonymous Rule...
57.8K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...