Right Out of Reality | ON HOLD

By whythecliches

Victoria Morgen has been working as an assistant for the past year for her idol or at least her film idol, bu... More

Aesthetics
Copyright & Additional Info
Scene one
Scene two
Scene three
Scene four
Scene five
Scene six
Scene eight
scene nine
scene ten
scene eleven
scene twelve
scene thirteen
scene fourteen

Scene seven

983 54 0
By whythecliches

- Chapter - Seven -

"Your so lucky." Keeley gushes from my bed for the thousandth time since we got back as I look through my clothes for something to wear.

"I know you've already said this." I comment dryly and I can almost feel Keeley rolling her eyes from behind me.

"Sue me, it's not everyday my best friend gets invited to a celebrity house party." She replies back swiftly. Smiling I turn around to face her holding up a pair of my favorite sweatpants and she shakes her head. Frowning I turn back around to my closet shoving the pants back in.

"Do you think there's going to be other celebrities there?" I ask Keeley my hand pausing on a dress before I continue the search and she gasps.

"I didn't even think of that, if you see anyone snap me a picture no in fact FaceTime me."

"Keeley I'm not going to FaceTime you in the middle of a party." I snort and she mumbles something under her breath which I swear sounded a lot like pussy.

"How about this?" I ask holding up a black band tee that I'm not even sure is mine and Keeley must've had that same thought because she scrunches her eyebrows together.

"Where did you get that? That looks like one of Ethan's old shirts." She wonders and my eyes widen before I start walking over to the bed to hand it to her.

"No keep it, I'll find some pants." She instructs getting out of my bed switching places with me while I throw myself onto the bed.

"What are the odds that you'll let me give you some shorts?" Keeley asks and I gag.

"Little to none." I reply and she lets out a frustrated groan.

"Wear these." She demands and a blur of black hits me in the face before I have the time to catch the pants.

"Where are the rest of the jeans?" I ask Keeley inspecting the rather more holes the actual fabric piece of clothing in front of me.

"You know these aren't very practical." I inform her and she just rolls her eyes grinning.

"What if I get cold?" I point out and she rummages through the closet once more before pulling out a pair of fishnets.

"Do you want to wear these instead?" She challenges an evil grin on her face and I let out a puff of air.

"Okay, you win. Now find me some shoes." I give up and she lets out a triumphant cackle before rummaging through our makeshift shoe 'closet' (which is really just one of my old bookshelves) and pulls out a pair of heels.

"When I fall on my face I'm blaming you." I jokingly warn her and she waves a hand.

"They're block heeled you'll be fine." She encourages walking over to her own side of the room to her closet that's basically bursting to seams.

"Now it's your turn, my parents say it formal should I listen?" She ponders looking through the closet and I get ready to reply but she cuts me off.

"I'll listen this time, hows this?"

I scrunch up my nose looking at the long purple gown.

"How about this?" She asks holding up a white dress that if ifs possible has more holes then my jeans, I give her a dry look.

We go on and on until we finally reach a dress that we can agree on and before I know it, it's already nine.

"I've got to go, text me when you get there!" Keeley waves stepping out of the dorm, outside to where her family's driver is waiting for her. Sighing I glance at myself once more in the mirror before walking outside where my Uber is waiting for me.

The ride to Brandon's house was awkward enough and I was delighted when we finally pulled up in front of the tall apartment building in the heart of downtown Los Angeles. I thank the kind lady before stepping out and closing the door behind me, finding it hard not to gape at the tall building. Taking in everything I walk in clutching my small crossover bag as I walk up to the desk.

"Name, and place?" The guy at the front desk asks gruffly without looking up.

"Victoria Morgen and thirteenth floor." I reply back taking a quick glance at my phone for reassurance, again without looking up her points to the elevator to the left of him directing me where to go. I murmur a quick thank you to him before I step into the empty elevator, I sent a quick text message to Keeley wishing her good luck with the dinner because those never go well.

I watch as the number on the elevator screen grow higher and it occurs to

Me that the closer we get thirteen the louder the obvious pumping of a bass gets.

The doors slide open on the thirteenth floor revealing a packed party.

"Vee!" A voice yells over the loud music from somewhere in the crowd. I look around turning idiotically turning around in circles until I spot Neels on one of the many couches near the back. Smiling I walk towards them only now noticing how many people are there with him, my heart beat quickens and I internally hope that my palms aren't that sweaty once I finally get there.

"I'm glad you could make it!" He grins getting up from his seat and giving me a friendly hug before sitting down back in the couch between one outrageously hot blonde guy that look pretty familiar and a dark haired girl who I suspect is the guy's sister, apart from the guy's dyed blonde hair they both have the same ebony skin and bright clear blue eyes.

"Who's this?" The blonde guy asks raising a barley there eyebrow at me a small playful smirk on his lips.

"This is Vee, Vee this is Luca and Laila Everetts." Neels introduces and I immediately recognize their names from the countless magazine covers that Keeley has posted around our room, their faces displayed on most of them.

Before I have time to say anything anything a heavy arm drapes my shoulder and I turn startles to find a grinning Brandon and my face heats up.

"Victoria good to see you again." Brandon chuckles a beer bottle in his hand.

"You too. I'm surprised Neels isn't wearing you're tutu to be honest. Kind of a let down, it'd be great party wear." I joke surprising myself and Neels, Laila, and Luca all burst into laughter.

"He told you the story?" Luca snickers and Neels shakes his head.

"That fucker over there told her." He accuses pointer a finger at Brandon who was smiling innocently. Laughing I sit down in the only free seat available next to Luca.

"How come I've never seen you here before?" Luca asks interested, his arm resting on the couch right above my shoulders and I shrug.

"Maybe you weren't looking hard enough." I grin cheekily.

"Luca, stop hitting on the new girl." A shrill voice says and I look away from Luca only to find the one and only Emma Farlow standing in front of us.

"Finally the whole cast is here!" Laila shouts standing up to greet Emma with a tight hug.

Luca makes a disgusted noise and I turn to him interested.

"Not a fan?" I question and he rolls his eyes.

"Hate doesn't even begin to describe the way I feel towards Emma." He tries and whispers but Neels catches what he says and chuckles.

"You're not alone."

"I can't believe I'm going to have to spend every single day with her on set." Luca complains and I turn to him shock written all over my face.

"You're going to be in the new Harlow movie?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got the news last week. I've been casted as Ben Porter." He reveals and I nod excitedly, if Luca didn't have the easy smile on his face right now he'd probably be as or even more intimidating as the Ben Porter then I've been imagining in the series.

"Did they actually cast you yet?" Brandon who's taken a seat next to Emma on a couch next to us and she shrugs.

"It's not like they're going to pick anybody else, I'm prefect for the role." She gloats and Luca snorts.

"I don't know about perfect." Luca muses as I try and hold black my laughter at Emma's offended face.

"Does anyone know where Blaze is?" She asks brushing off Luca's comment and my heart thunders, of course Blaze would be here why didn't I think this through?

"Im getting tired of this, want to dance?" Luca asks his chin jousting out toward the other end of the room where the majority of the party is.

"Yes!" I reply a little too fast, the thought of seeing Blaze again makes my stomach want to do flips.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for Blaze?" Neels jokes looking up at me as I stand up and I gulp.

"Why would she want to wait for my boyfriend?" Emma cuts in. Neels grins and mouths the words 'payback' and the memory of us laughing at his earlier flashes through my mind.

"I'm not your boyfriend." A deep voice interrupts and I turn around only to find Blaze standing in all his intimidating glory.

"Lets go." I announce but it comes out as more of a squick before I turn back to Luca and we make out way to the over to the middle of the floor without looking back.

"I'm guessing you guys have history?" Luca questions nodding along to the music and I make a weird face.

"I wouldn't call it history, we just kissed earlier today." I correct. Luca raises his eyebrows in shock and I shake my head holding a hand up.

"That came out wrong, I read lines with his earlier today at an audition and we ended up kissing." I explain and more shock takes up his face.

"You were at the call backs for Harlow today, wait you act?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Not even in the slightest, it's a long story." I tell him and he crosses his arms over one another.

"I have all night." He offers and I let out a breath of air before explaining to him what happened for what feels like the billionth time today as he nods along his eyes growing wider with every word.

"If they called you back for a second time to read with Blaze then I think you have a pretty decent chance of getting the role." Luca put in and I shake my head.

"It was fun I guess to try, but acting really isn't my forte." I conclude and Luca smiles.

"Then what is?" He asks a new song blaring throughout the house and we start dancing once more.

"I do what to work on movies, but instead of acting I want to write them." I explain and he nods but before he can say anything else Brandon's voice rings throughout the house.

"Body shots bitches!" He screams and everybody screams back. I turn to Luca who's laughing and we make our way to the bar where Brandon's laying shirtless.

"Ten girls, wow I think this is an all time low for him." A voice piped up from next to Luca. I turn to see Neels shaking his head and I chuckle.

"No!" I shriek giggling as Neels scoots closer to me on the couch wiggling his fingers. After Brandon's incident Neels and I headed over to the bar, thankfully no body shots were involved and sooner or later the empty shot glasses started piling up.

"Oh my god, how drunk are they?" I hear a voice ask but my attention is still on Neels. Who's still nearing me like he's going to start tickling me and I start regretting telling him anything.

"Oh no." Neels suddenly stops and I look at him quizily as he puts a hand to his mouth and jumps off of the couch away from me. Groaning Brandon who seems as if or even more drunk then Neels gets up. I get up and make my way towards a guy that looks almost identical to Blaze.

"I don't think I got to introduce myself you're Victoria." I slur then pause to giggle.

"Wait no, I'm Victoria." I correct throwing a hand in the air. He looks at me amused his dark brown eyes shining.

"Nice to meet you." He snorts shutting off his phone and sliding it into his back pocket before running a hand through his hair, I watch in awe as his muscles all but burst out of his shirt.

My mouth hangs open and I reach out to touch them.

"Victoria?" The voice attached to the arm asks. I ignore it and keep poking the huge arm.

Maybe I should lick it? It looks like it would taste good.

"No, please don't lick my arm." The voice pleads. I let out a chuckle realizing that I'd been talking out loud and look up from the arm to see a even more delicious looking face.

"You have really nice lips." I comment reaching out to trace them but he moves away from my hand.

"Thank you, did you come here with a friend? I think it's time for you to go home." He suggests and I pout.

"I don't want to go home, and for a matter or fact I didn't come here with anyone. I was supposed to come here with my friend Keeley but she couldn't come because she had to go to a stupid dinner and she's really pissed because she wanted to see Blaze Anderson." I ramble on before sighing.

"Hey you know, you kind of look like him." I continue not letting him speak.

"Do you have you're phone on you? I can call Keeley for you." He states and I think about it for a second before taking out my phone and handing it to him. He looks through my contact as I peer over his shoulder and he finally finds Keeley's number.

"Ask her to bring me some fries." I whisper as he places my phone to his ear. I wait patiently as the phone rings before getting bored and my attention goes to his now rolled up sleeve reveling dark tattoos. I start tracing them as he starts speaking into the phone. My eyes roam down to his hands where multiple rings are and I grab a gold one that's on his finger and slip it off and onto one of my own.

"Is this Keeley?" He questions not noticing me his attention on the phone call confusion laced in his tone and the person on the other end replies.

"I have Victoria here, and she's wasted can you pick her up?" He asks. I admire the ring for a second before I look up and I slap his arm. He looks at me and I mouth 'fries' to him.

"And bring here some fries." He grumbles before hanging up the phone and handing it back to me.

"Here, I'll take you outside he said he's near here."

I stand up and look at him, "He? I'm pretty sure Keeley a girl silly." I laugh as I start walking before tripping on the edge of the carpet about to fall down but he catches me.

"Her brother said your friend took the same route as you tonight and he'll come and pick you up." He explains as we step into the elevator. The ride down was quiet and after a couple of seconds the doors dig open and we walk into the main lobby.

"Ethen aways says that I should never trust guys at a party, but you're not like the guys he describes." I think out loud leaning against the window looking for Ethen's families white car.

"Ethen's right."

"So I shouldn't trust you?" I ask turning around to face him, his tattoos standing out even more in the dim light of the lobby.

"You probably shouldn't, I'm not usually this kind."

"Well I'm going to trust you anyway," I declare lifting a hand up giggling, he opens his mouth to say something but I turn away hearing a car honk it's horn.

"Ethan's here!" I shout probably a little to loudly and I stumble out of the building where Ethen is standing in front of his car.

"Victoria!" A voice shouts from behind me but I'm too busy walking into Ethen's arms.

"Vee, What were you thinking?" Ethen scolds gently getting me into the car and I shrug sheepishly. Sighing he buckles my seatbelt. He shuts the door and before he even starts the car I'm already drifting off to sleep

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 407 94
A new student is starting at Hogwarts this year. The strange bit is she's a 7th year. No one has ever heard of a student being enrolled so late. She...
223K 16.2K 69
*** Spoiler Alert - This is book two in the trilogy, so please do not read below until you have read Out of the Shadows [book one] *** *** All of th...
4.5K 261 36
Have you ever wondered what it feels like to be in love? Of course every sixteen-year old has! They fantasize and dream about they're one true Princ...
5.8K 515 12
✨ONC SHORTLIST, HONORABLE MENTION, AND AMBASSADOR PICK✨ Back home in his small town after suffering an accident, U.S. Marine Hayes McAdams tries to f...