Enchanter

By TheMadEscapist

Harry Potter was a little boy who grew up beaten by his cruel relatives. But his destiny soon shifts when he... More

Recasting
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 19

1.9K 69 20
By TheMadEscapist

( × ^ × )

July 27, 1999

Dear Ms. McGonagall

I am Hermione Jane ̶G̶r̶a̶ Potter née Granger, an in-coming student of Hogwarts. I have sent this letter to you to give a formal request.

You might be aware of my 'questionable' identity with regards with my 'appellations'. I'd imagine you would have your own theories as well. And I and Harry James Potter, also a future student of Hogwarts, would be happy to answer all your questions upon our arrival. However, we would like to request you not to disclose this matter to anyone.

If you have disclosed this matter to someone before you have received this letter, we sincerely hope that you keep it to yourselves. But if not, I hope that we can trust you with our secret.

Yours Respectfully,

Hermione Jane Potter née Granger

( ○ ■ ○)

August 31, 1999....

The bushy brown haired girl stretched her arms yawning as she put a letter inside one of the Never-Burnt-Never-Drenched Envelopes she bought along with her other school supplies in Papers and Quils. She glance back to see her friend reading one of her potions book on his bed.

"Thank you for letting me borrow Hedwig to send my letters, Harry."

The boy close the book to look as his best friend sitting by his study desk in her Rugrats pajamas.

'You used to always watch them with me too. I like them. They're comfortable.' She answered his silent thoughts.

'I didn't say anything. You look adorable in them.' He thought cheekily back.

'Uh-huh.'

"You know I don't mind lending you Hedwig, Hermione. Besides, This pretty owl is always eager to fly out the house." He smiled petting the snowy owl's head. Hedwig's hoot echoed in his room as the owl flew from her stand beside the boy's bed to the window in front of his work desk.

The bushy brown haired girl tied the letter to Hedwig's foot and handed the beautiful snowy owl a treat stroking her soft white feathers.

"Thank you, Hedwig."

The snowy owl happily hoot and flew out the open window. Hermione sighed collapsing on the bed beside Harry. He set his down by the table and folded his legs facing the other sprawled mass of body on his bed staring blankly at the ceiling.

"What if they don't like me?" She asked saying her thoughts aload as the boy picked a thick strand of her long hair to play with.

"Then I guess all the other wizards and witches in Hogwarts have poor eyes because you are the coolest person I know."

"You were contacts, Harry." He chuckled as she rolled his favorite chocolate colored eyes at him.

"Okay. Maybe not the coolest." Harry caught her hand just before his violent friend could pinch him. "But definitely the smartest, most caring and most beautiful person I know."

She paused.

"I hate that you're stronger than me now." She grumbled blushing away.

"Nah. I'm pretty sure I'll always be weak against you, Mione." She squeeled as he began to furiously tickle her sides. They rolled around tackling each other till one surredered.

"Hahah-.....STOP! HARRY!"

The boy stopped and the girl landed on his top. Harry stared at his friend's flustered face admiring the way her wild untameable brown locks framed her small porcelein face. Hermione stared back losing herself in the deep green forest of his eyes.

"You're going to leave me." She whispered laying down her head on his chest.

"What do you mean?"

Harry frowned. She closed her eyes and let the thoughts she avoided to think of these past few weeks enter her mind. The boy kept quiet as he listened to the fears that the girl had persistently tried to keep away from him and herself.

She thought of how nervous she was to go into a new school and meet new kids who she was sure would think she was nothing but a freaky bookworm.

"Sure you may like books than most people. But you're more than that, Hermione." He murmured as he stroke her strawberry-scented hair. Hermione hid her face on his chest hugging her friend tighter. They had always been each other support, but sometimes Hermione felt as if she could never be enough for him. What she truly feared the most was the chance that he may loose him-

"Why would you think that?" Harry gently pushed her off so they could sit face to face.

"I know your not comfortable how people perceive as some kind of hero in the wizarding world. But people will still look at you as the Boy-Who-Lived. We can't run away from it forever. Its a fact. People would want befriend you, use you- And some even hurt you because it! And- and I'll end up loosing you either way....."

She huffed in frustration as she wipe the trecherous tears fall away. She promised herself she wouldn't cry like some spoiled baby over this. Harry cupped her cheeks so she couldn't look away.

"I get the part where people might use me and hurt me. But why would you think people befriending would take me away from you?" She shook her head. She would probably sound like a selfish brat but she couldn't really hide from him now.

"B-because you might meet a better friend and realize that its not fun to hangout with someone like me afterall." She blushed ashamed for having such thoughts. She knew Harry would never do that but she couldn't the fear that ate her away.

"You think I'll find a new best friend?" Harry asked incredously. His eyes widened as he saw the bushy brown haired girl nod.

"You're my best friend, Hermione." He gently held her face. "And thats never going to change. You'll always be my Hermione and I'll be your Harry." She blushed. This time for a different reason. She could hear her heart stammering away. "No one can ever change that. You're more than enough for me."

At this moment, something changed. Harry and Hermione knew both what it was. They were still just two kids, best friends growing up together. But they were beginning to see each other in a different light. They knew that with their magic binded their friendship would turn into something more. But they didn't realize that their feelings fore each other could grew into something more too. Until now.

"Harry, I'm scared." She whispered. He knew this time it was because of a different reason. They were changing.

"Me too. But whatever happens I'm never going to leave you." Harry held her gaze so she could the truth behind his eyes.

"Okay." She answered meekly. He smiled.

"Let's sleep." They laid down on his bed with their faces a feet apart reading each other thoughts till they fell asleep.

"Harry, do you think they'll have lots of libraries there?" She spoke aloud. Harry chuckled.

"I hope not. I don't think Hogwarts will be able to handle you terrorizing all their books. " He answered teasingly. She poked his sides. "Ouch. That actually hurt."

"I'd tell you I'm sorry but you'd know otherwise." He shook his head grinning.

"I love being able to read your thoughts." She scoffed.

"Well, I don't." He smirked poking her side in return.

"Liar." She giggled.

"Fine. I like reading your thoughts too. But I don't appreciate you poking around mine."

He laughed as she recalled a few of the many embarassing times he eavesdrop on her private thoughts. Like the time, she and her mom went shopping for some new undergarments since she was a 'big girl' now. Harry blushed.

"Hey! It was embarrassing for me too you know. I can't exactly turn it off. Neither can you." He remembered the time he had to go with Ben for his 'special' hospital visit and the awkward 'talk' they had in the doctor's office. He said that he only had to go throught this once and girls weren't so lucky because they had to do it every month.

"Don't remind me." Hermione groaned turning beet red herself. The caught each other's eyes and laughed.

Harry was happy that he got to spend his final night in his room with Hermione. Ever since Ben and Cristine found out about their marital status that came along with being magically bounded with each other, they had been a lot stricter about their spontaneous sleepovers, especially Mr. Granger. Though they understood their point. Kids their age don't casually sleep in their best friend's bed every other night. It never really applied between this two friend.

However, they were both very made aware of the fact. That he was a boy and she was a girl. The difference never really bothered when they where younger but it seemed to make all the difference now that they were both growing up. There would come a point were they would both have certain urges and emotional rifts that would break the line of friendly companionship they walked on.

But they were still both considerably young and ignorant of their dormant desires.

"Hermione, do you think- do you think I'll find more about my mom and dad in Hogwarts?" He asked breaking the silence.

"I hope so, Harry." She smiled snuggling deeper in her blanket and yawned.

"Do you think he'll return?"

She snapped her eyes back open to see his own fears sufacing in his eyes. The bushy brown haired girl need not ask who, but wrap her arms around her friend and rest her head on his arm.

"Whatever happens, we'll face it together."

(* O *)

Somewhere in a castle....

A snowy owl flew with the cold night wind and entered an open window located in one of the tall high towers that supported the castle. The window led to an office type room filled with scrolls and books neatly ordered. The snowy owl hoot catching the attention of the sole presence in the room sitting the on her desk writing something down with a quil. Her green velvet robes reached the floor as she stood and great her feathery night visitor.

"Good evening, Hedwig." The elderly witch smiled as the owl flew on one of the empty wooden stand. "Have you brought another letter for me?"

Hedwig hoot in reply and the aging woman in green velvet robes took the letter tied around its foot.

"Thank you. You may return to your owner now, quickly if you can. I'm sure those two will be hurrying to reach the train early in the morning."

And with that, the snowy owl flew out the window to return to her owner. The witch walked back to her desk and opened the envelope owled to her. Just before she could read the letter a knock came from the door. Who could that be? She put the letter back in the envelope and inserted it in one of the book on her desk.

"You may enter." She spoke aloud and an ancient man with long white beared and hair in bright purple colored robes and pointed hat walked in her quarters.

"Good evening, Headmaster Dumbledore." greeted the witch. Dumbledore's eyes twinkled in mirth.

"A pleasant evening to you as well, Minerva. So eager to start with the formalities, are we? I believe the school year has yet to start." He answered jovially contrasting his old appearance.

"Tommorrow is never far, Albus." She replied. Her words did not return the same exuberance his held. With the school year starting tommorrow, this month had been filled with nothing but long, tiring nights for the witch.

"You're right. How time passes by so fast." Albus agreed though she could see the twinkle in his eyes still bright as before. Time could not dwindle this wizard's spirit.

"Is there a reason for your visit? I doubt its just to exchange pleasantries about our old age. In the middle of the night, I might add." He chuckles but the elderly witch was not amuse. "I would like to take my rest soon, Albus."

"Right. I hoping to ask you if you heard anything from the boy?"

The ancient wizard waited as Minerva paused to collect her thoughts. She remembered the day Albus left the poor infant boy ten years ago to the worst sort of muggles, the Dursleys. She knew that it was a bad idea. But he persisted that leaving the child with his remaining blood relatives was best for the welfare of the boy.

A few years later, the boy's whereabouts had been left absent for the past five years. Minerva knew something was not right with the Headmaster suddenly left the school in her hands, more often so than he does in the past. He said that he had important matters he needed to attend to. It was only recently Albus had confided to her about the missing status of the boy. If he had only listened to her, then-

She shook her head and maintained her composure.

"No. I have not, Albus. You left the boy with his wizard-hating relatives. I doubt he would have any means of communicating to us or if he could hardly remember us at all. The boy was just a mere infant when you left on their doorsteps!- " She stilled to lower her tone. "Or did you forget?"

Dumbledore closed his eyes to deflect the woman's piercing glare shooting throught his head but was thwacked by her sharp accusations. He could not deny. He shook his head and letting his age manifest through his manner for the first time.

"I am aware of my mistakes, Minerva." His old raspy voice lost all its cheer. The twinkle in his eyes dulled. "I may have done quite a few in my long years. But never had I forgone to remember my faults."

"That is why I am oblivious to the fact that the only boy who had the powet to save our world from possible destruction is lost. Because of me." He shook his head. "From the moment I had learned that the child had gone missing, I have searched and searched for him to no avail. I cannot comprehend how one little boy could disappear in the face of this planet as if he never existed!"

"What shall I do, Minerva? The fate of the whole wizarding world lies in that boy's hands."

For a second, the woman felt a sense of pity for her old friend but it was soon crushed by her own vacillation. She could not decide whether the wizard truly cared for the child's being or for the purpose the boy would play in his plans.

She knew the wizard for majority of her life and never thought she would question her great faith in him. But his recent actions have proven her wrong.

Nevertheless, Albus Dumbledore still had been her most trusted friend and confidant throughout the years. She may not provide him the answers he needed by choice but she would still give him consolation.

"The boy will come."

She spoke with great confidence. The ancient wizard lifted his head to look as her with uncertainty and suspicions. Something told him that the witch knew something.

"How are you sure?" He asked. Minerva bit her tongue but kept her stern face. He was on to her. "Is there something your hiding from me, Minerva?"

The elderly witch was grateful for all her years of experience. She doubt whether she could fool the Great Dumbledore if not for it.

"I believe you are more likely to be the one keeping secrets between the both of us, Albus." She answered expertly diverting the topic.

The ancient wizard stared at the witch scrupulously finding nothing. He would have to set aside his suspicions for now. He could not risk having the witch form her own suspicions of him. Neither could she.

"I have faith, Albus. The boy will come. Have faith." She smile sadly as she felt their long-friendship would soon be challenged with mistrust.

"Perhaps you're right, Minerva. I have exhuasted all my resources searching for the boy. Faith may just be my last source of hope." He sighed. "Its getting late. I best be resigning to my own quarters as well-"

He took another long glance at the witch. Her face may be calm but her posture was too tense. She was hidding something. He would just have to find out another day. "A pleasant evening to you again, Minerva."

"As to you, Albus."

With wizard gone, Minerva sagged her shoulders in relief and walked to her small kitchenette in her quarters to brew herself a cup of tea. This had been a tiring week for the elderly witch with the school year nearing to begin. She sat on her desk annd took the letter she was about to read before the short interruption.

...

August 31, 1999

Dear Professor McGonagall,

I would like to first apologize for the incovenient time I have sent this letter to knew. I know you must be very busy with tomorrow's start of the school year so I will keep this message short.

Harry and I would just like to say how much we are grateful to you for keeping our identities confidential. We are in debt to you.

Thank you for also allowing my special request and sending the outline courses for the first semester to me last week. I have already ready browsed through it. I am looking forward to our first meeting and joining your transfiguration classes.

Yours Respectfully,

Hermione Jane Potter née Granger

...

After reading the letter, the elderly witch found herself smiling in her seat. Its been a while since she has met a such endearing character in a first year herself. She was looking forward to meet the young bright witch and the young wizard as well. But her smile soon faded looking down at the list of transferee students. She had received another one very last minute, just today.

...

Emilia Sorrell Schmeid

School/s attended: Durmstrang Institute

Reason for transferee: Expulsion due to educational disruption

Gender: Female

Age: thirteen

...

Another troublemaker. She sighed. She would have to place the child with the first years. The witch finished her tea and wrap out her work. Hogwarts would centainly meet have interesting students this year.

(^ , ^)

September 1, 1999...

The streets of London were were flowing steadily with only a few cars on the drive. Two in particular had parked in front of King's Cross Station. The passengers filed out the car revealing two excited children and four very tired adults.

"We're here." The bushy brown haired girl said, mixed enthusiam and anxiety.

"I apologize for my daughter's behaviour. Hermione has been very anxious all week." Her mother smiled tiredly.

"She woke you up before the crack of dawn too. Huh?" The old pranster jested helping his godson with their luggage.

"She got to you too?" Mr. Granger asked joining in the tease.

"Daddy!" He chuckled as he pulled her daughter in a hug. Despite her embarrassment, Hermione couldn't help but hug her father.

"I'll miss you." She whispered. No matter how much she wanted show to her parents she was not a little girl anymore, inside she was a little girl who would miss her overly dotting and protective father.

"I'll miss you more, princess." He replied trying to man up, but couldn't help the few treacherous tears that fall because he will always be her overly dotting and protective father, even if his precious girl was all growing up.

"What this? Betrayed by my own daughter? I thought you said didn't have any favorite parent." Mrs. Granger pouted. Hermione laughed and jumped into her mother's arm.

"I'll miss you the most, Mum."

"Hey!" Mr. Granger said pretending to be hurt. Their daughter shook her head at her parents dramatics. He envelope his two precious woman in her life in a hug.

Harry smiled as he awkwardly stood by the side, after being shoo-ed off by his godfather from helping with the luggage. Remus was not in the scene fetching the station's trollies for Hermione and Harry.

Mrs. Granger did not miss the uncomfortable stance of the boy and pulled him in as well in her hug. Harry did not know what to do at first being squished in the middle of the Granger but returned their hug as well. Hermione smiled.

"Of course, we won't forget to miss our handsome son-in-law as well." Mrs. Granger kissed the blushing boy's cheeks after hearing her words, which had the kids stepped away from the hug. Harry gave a wary glance at Mr. Granger, suprised and frankly a bit scared to see him smile.

The boy almost jumped when the father of his wife by magic law placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

"Protect her well, son." Despite having the obligation to dislike every boy who was friendly with his daughter, Mr. Granger had always found the son he never had in Harry.

The boy felt warm to hear the man who had stood as his father in the earlier years in his life regard him as his son after the Dursley's. He may not remember his real father well but he was thankful he had people to guide him to be a man he hoped would make his parents proud.

"I will, Ben." He replied but was quickly startled hearing the loud squeel by his side.

"My little babies are all grown up." Mrs. Granger cried locking the two best friends in a hug.

"C-can't breathe." Her daughter daughter wheezed out. She stepped away chuckling, not before kissing both of then on the cheek, leaving the boy beet red.

"While I hate to be the old bugger that ruins this sweet family moment, I would like to remind everyone that the train doesn't arrive till nine and its only seven." Harry's godfather quipped after getting all the luggage in his car. "In the morning, may I add."

"Perhaps, I may have been just a tad, bit of overexcited." The bushy brown haired admitted as pink tinted her cheeks.

"Just a tad?" The old prankster raised one of his naturally arched brows. He had to woke up to the symphony of madness.

Hermione was afraid that he might sleep in so she had Harry's godfather sleepover at the Grangers. The old prankster agreed, only to wake up to the beeps of too many alarms and the wails of two stubborn feathery creatures who refuse to be put in cages, next to a loud snoring werewolf.

"Don't mind Sirius, Hermione. Lord Black is just sulky because he didn't get enough beauty sleep." Sirius glared at the rustic-styled man pushing two trollies towards them.

"I am appalled, Remus. After all we've been through, how can you say such spiteful words?" The werewolf scoffed. "My beauty can never be undermined by such trivial things like sleep."

Cristine giggled while Ben glared at the overly confident bloke who his wife's been admiring from afar.

"Why don't we all wait by the coffee shop and leave this old clown here?" said Remus turning to the Grangers and Potters ignoring his whiny friend. Mr. Granger was beginning to see himself warming up to the werewolf.

"I think thats a smashing idea."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 38.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
406K 16.6K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
1M 43.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
1.7M 55.8K 70
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...