Mrs.CEO

By Skylar0909

Contract ✔️ Engagement ✔️ Wedding ✔️ They never said marriage was easy. More

1.Stop Shoving that Contract in My Face
2.No, what?
3. Hottie with a Body
4. Empire State Building
5. Daniel
6. Bruised Arms
7. Alec Sloan
8. A Princess Wedding?
9. Who has the Real Power?
10. Internet Vows
11. The Return of the Lover
12. Spooning
13. Sick Shower
14. Muddy Puddle
15. Flirty Comments
16. The Highest Bidder
17. Losing Fingers
18. The Phone Call
19. Us
20. Dive
21. Sperm Donor
22. White Dress Became Red
23. Blessing in Disguise
24. My Idiot
25. Unexpected Child
26. Hope
27. Who am I?
28. One More Maxwell
29. Difficult Position
30. Unique Names
31. Elizabeth
32. Trading
33. Stinky Diapers
34. Nothing has Changed
35. Three Steps Back
36. Kids Around
37. Goodbye
38. No Body to Mourn
39. Yes
41. Aftermath
42. Want
43. Near Perfection
44. Good Father
45. A Gem
46. The Return of the Missing Mother
Quick Authors Note
47. Leap of Faith
48. A Six Course Meal
49. Dessert
50. The True Meaning of Love
51. Epilogue

40. Real Vows

16.5K 663 182
By Skylar0909

Two months have gone by since the last time I saw Carter after Alec's proposal.

I tried tracking his phone, but it was impossible. He wouldn't pick up my calls it's like he fell off the face the of the earth.

"He's probably throwing a tantrum don't take it personal." Libby tried consoling me after I told her what happened.

"I don't think so Lib. He was beyond upset I had never seen him like that."

"He'll get over it he's a big boy."

"I truly hope so. I need him here. I miss him and the kids clearly miss him too. They keep walking to his room."

"He can't live without you, and especially not the kids. The kids have become a huge part of his life he's been trying to bring them up like Dylan would have. He's trying to take that father role without actually claiming to be the father."

"I know and I don't think I ever thanked him for what he does. I took him for granted."

"He knows that you're very thankful for him. He's just hurt because he probably thinks that Alec is going to take his role specifically Dylan's role."

I sighed and laid back on the chair.

"You'll be fine. He'll come back around. He wouldn't miss the wedding."

The wedding.

Alec wanted it to be soon as possible, and I found no reason to delay it plus I wanted something very small just within our family and friend circle.

So it was to happen in two days.

The wedding was to be in the house since we had a beautiful backyard.

"Are you ready?" Libby asked.

"For what?"

"Don't be silly. For your wedding."

"Oh, yeah."

"You don't sound very happy."

"No I am. I am just very tired from work and planning this wedding."

"Everything will be done in two days. You'll be on your honeymoon with your very beautiful husband."

"My husband."

This was going to be the second time I was to get married.

Married to a man I believe I loved.

But did I love him as much as Dylan?

Did I feel that passionate and consuming love I felt for my late husband?

No, but it was still love.

"You guys are about to have the most beautiful blue eyed babies."

"I don't think I want anymore children."

"Why not?"

"I already have three beautiful kids who have caused me enough stress and sleepless nights."

"Well maybe in the near future."

"Maybe." I repeated.

"What about you Libby how's your love life? Any guys in your mind or heart?"

"There's one, but it's not going to happen."

"Why not?"

"It wasn't the right time. The universe had different plans."

"Any guy would be lucky to be you. You'll find the right guy."

"I hope so."

Two Days Later

Here I was standing in front of the mirror staring at myself in this white wedding dress. It was not as extravagant as my last one, but I still managed to feel like a princess.

"You look beautiful." Mr.Maxwell said as he embraced me in a hug.

"Thank you for walking me down the aisle I know this must not be easy for you."

"You're my daughter, Dakota. I'm not going to lie I never expected to walk you down the aisle ever again, but things happen in life that change everything. I know Dylan would want you happy, and from what I've seen Alec is a good guy to you and mostly importantly to the children. As long as you and my grand babies are good this is not a hard thing to do."

"I miss him." I admitted.

"We all do, but we have to move on. Wherever he may be he is watching over the children and you. We have to go now."

"Okay, I'm ready."

Mr.Maxwell and I made our way to my backyard. There he stood in his black suit looking handsome as ever. His blue eyes staring right at me not once did they glance away.

"You take care of her." Mr.Maxwell said as he handed me off to Alec.

"You do not have to worry sir."

"Dear Beloved we are here today to witness this grand love between Dakota and Alec."

The priest went on and we then told each other our vows. Real vows this time not internet vows. I couldn't help, but feel my heart clench when I read mine to Alec because something was missing.

"Do you Dakota Reed take Alec Sloan to be your husband?"

"I do."

"Do you Alec Sloan take Dakota Reed to be your beloved wife?"

"I do."

"With the power vested in me by God and man, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride."

"Well technically under state law she is still MY bride."

I heard many gasps.

I froze.

I could recognize that voice miles away.

It couldn't be.

I looked to my side to see Dylan and Carter standing next to each other.

There he was.

Looking exactly the same. Nothing had changed it's like time never passed.

"No this can't be." I whispered.

I felt someone grab both of my hands.

"Dakota, breath."

"Her conscious must be that dirty. Oh my beloved wife don't you worry it's actually me."

"This is a dream." I was now hyperventilating.

"It's not my dear wife."

Suddenly my vision began getting blurry, and next thing you know my vision went completely dark.

"She can't see him here. She's in shock. She can't handle all of this right now. It's messing with her health."

"Just because you're a doctor in your stupid TV show it doesn't make you a real doctor in real life."

"It's common sense, you idiot."

I slowly opened my eyes to see a herd of people surrounding me.

There was Alec, Libby, Carter, Mr.Maxwell, and Dylan.

Dylan.

"He's dead. This isn't true. This is a gross joke." I began shaking.

"It's me."

"It can't be you. We looked for you. I cried, mourned, and grieved for you. You're dead."

"Clearly not if I'm talking to you. Can you guys give us a moment?"

Alec was glaring at Dylan not budging.

"Alec, just give them a minute." Libby asked. Alec was hesitant, but then decided to leave the room with everyone else.

Dylan began getting closer to me and for some reason I found myself getting further.

"I'm not going to bite."

"How? Why? I don't understand." My mind was still not functioning completely.

"Carter found me. I was found by this wonderful woman who cured me and allowed me to stay with her. Why? Because I'm here for my kids."

"Why didn't you come sooner?"

"Because for some time I lost my memory, but once I got it back I thought you didn't look hard enough for me and left me to fend off for myself. I was angry, but then I realized I had kids who were here waiting for their father."

"You thought I didn't look for you?"

"I don't think you looked hard enough."

"Are you insane? I looked for you like crazy. I can't believe your stupid anger stopped you from coming back to your family, you're unbelievable."

I was now raging.

"I was stupid, and Ally made me realize that."

"Who is Ally?"

"The woman who took care of me. She was my guardian angel."

"So she's your new what? Girlfriend? Lover?"

"It's none of your concern you just married another guy in front of me."

"Because I thought you were dead."

"Doesn't matter it just shows how deeply in love you were with me."

"You're a hypocrite. Didn't you find yourself a lover when you were gone? I can't believe you. You disgust me. You're the old Dylan. The playboy, the ruthless man who I hated."

"And your just who I thought you were. A gold di—"

"Finish that sentence and I promise you you'll have a black eye." I threatened.

"Did I hit a nerve there?"

"What do you want?"

"My kids."

"No."

"What do you mean no?"

"No."

"Dakota—"

"The kids will be confused. You just can't see them all of a sudden you haven't been there. For them their father has not been around and they've had only Carter and Alec around. So no you can't have your kids right now."

"Oh so you've told our kids that their father is Alec?"

"Of course not you idiot. I have not once implied that Alec is their father. He's just been around them all the time. They've grown to love him."

"I don't want him around the kids."

"You're out of your mind. You can't come in here barging orders."

"They are my kids and I have every right, and if you don't let me raise and be around my kids then I'll see you in court."

"Don't test me because you have no idea what a mother will do for her kids. I'm now fearless and will fight for them until the day I die. I'm not the stupid waitress you met, I'm a CEO of a multibillion dollar company so don't you dare test me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
5.2M 188K 45
𝘐 𝘢𝘭𝘸𝘢𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭𝘥 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘶𝘵𝘴𝘪𝘥𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦...
532 45 19
Being the wife of a CEO Billionaire is not what it seems, you get everything you want but that one special thing....
268 21 14
"I think I'm in love man." I say and sit up. "You're crazy..... You're not planning on just fucking and leaving this one too, are you?" he asks. "I'l...