Without You

By AshlynPope

Aubrey Wilson has the heart of an angel. As the type of person to always trust in others, she's admirable to... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1 "Holy snickerdoodles"
Part 2 "Watch out for the devil."
Part 3 "5'0? No that can't be right, I'm 5'1"
Part 4 "Why the hell are you in school?"
Part 5 "What is wrong with me?"
Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"
Part 7 "Father, forgive Chris for he knows not what he does"
Part 8 "He was obviously just looking to frickle-frackle"
Part 9 "He is a very healthy human being"
Part 10 "So what's it like having Luke Taylor as your baby daddy?"
Part 12 "You really don't know anything"
Part 13 "Why? Jealous?"
Part 14 "I could be a professional ninja if I wanted to"
Part 15 "I need a vomit bucket"
Part 16 "Just trust me"
Part 17 "Heartbreaking reality"
Part 18 "I'm going to beat his ass!"
Part 19 "Why is my pillow hugging me?"
Part 20 "That's my butt"
Part 21 "Sorry, I have to watch out for your cooties"
Part 22 "Does a detention go on my record?"
Part 23 "I'll call child protective services"
Part 24 "Pay attention to me"
Part 25 "You're gonna regret that"
Part 26 "Can we get a new waiter? This one sucks"
Part 27 "I don't want to talk to you"
Part 28 "How could he do such a thing?"
Part 29 "I'll never get it back"
Part 30 "Did you just call me a bratty little kid?"
Part 31 "Is he on crack?"
Part 32 "Wait, that sounded bad"
Part 33 "I'm not a violent person"
Part 34 "I'm much better at punching people than talking"
Part 35 "Suck it up buttercup"
Part 36 "Family Feud"
Part 37 "All you care about is yourself!"
Part 38 "The good feeling"
Part 39 "Something bad happened"
Part 40 "She was beautiful"
Part 41 "Losing"
Epilogue
Sequel Chapter 1 "Sometimes it's better to be selfish"
Sequel Chapter 2 "I'm selfish"
Sequel Chapter 3 "The Truth"
Sequel Chapter 4 "Heartbreak is an everyday occurrence"
Sequel Chapter 5 "Amen sister"
Sequel Chapter 6 "I'd do you too"
Sequel Chapter 7 "Another vomit bucket"
Sequel Chapter 8 "The sour to his Skittle"
Sequel Chapter 9 "A good bone"
Sequel Chapter 10 "My cuddle buddy"
Sequel Chapter 11 "You look panicked, sir"
Sequel Chapter 12 "Happy anniversary"
Sequel Chapter 13 "I promise to always feed you"
Sequel Chapter 14 "What the hell are you doing here?"
Sequel Chapter 15 "Blink if he's holding you against your will"
Sequel Chapter 16 "Sucks to suck"
Final Epilogue "Without You"

Part 11 "Fuck it, this class doesn't give me any useful credits anyway"

517K 12.5K 40.4K
By AshlynPope

*LUKES POV*

I awoke to the sound of my alarm and groggily crawled out of bed. I threw on a pair of grey Nike sweats and a long sleeve black shirt.

I walked downstairs stealthily, and I enter the kitchen. I get a large cup of coffee and my stomach lets out a monstrous growl. 

I really want Aubrey's cooking right now.

I tiptoed carefully back up to my room, brushed my teeth and hair, put on my shoes, and grabbed my school bag and my duffel bag for practice.

I quietly made my way back down the stair still cautious of Leo attacking me.

I turned my head behind me so quickly at the sound of Leo's growl I think I got whiplash. Leo was standing right in the middle of the hallway as I tried making my way towards the front door.

"Leo," I groan.

Even though Leo is the spawn of Satan, I still try my absolute hardest to be nice to him.

Before my mom died two years ago, Leo loved her. She and Leo were very close and he was very protective of her.

It was shocking to see that be acted the same way around Aubrey.

I know Leo misses mom and I don't blame him. I do too, more than anything. I just wish he didn't hate me.

"Hey Leo," I walked forward slowly, trying to show him I'm being nice dammit.

I get up to his head and decide not to touch that particular part of his body. I move down to his back and the whole time he is watching me with mean eyes.

Damn, this dog is a killer.

I finally let my hand touch his back and I relax when he doesn't move. I try to go higher up but he snaps at me and I jerk my hand back.

Well, at least we're getting somewhere

________________________

I pulled into the school's parking lot after finally persuading Leo to get out of the way with 14 Milk Bones. I'm surprised I'm not late.

I get out of my truck and begin walking towards school.

"Lucas!" I hear Eli shout from the window of his jeep as he parks beside my truck.

"I told you not to call me that," I say to him once he gets caught up with me.

"Yeah and I don't care what yo-" Eli gets cut off my intake of breath and cursing.

Too busy talking to his dumb ass, I forgot to duck my head when walking into the locker hall.

"Shit," I rubbed the top of my head. I glared over at Eli only to see he's trying to keep his laugh in.

I raise my fist and he tries to run away. I grab the back of his shirt and he flops to the ground.

All sprawled out, he just lays there.

"That's what you get bitch," I kick him.

I hear soft footsteps from behind me and I turn around. I see Aubrey right as she passes me and she tries to walk to her locker while holding, what appears to be, a sleeping West.

I swear she just keeps getting prettier.

She looks down at Eli as he grabs her leg and holds on to it.

"Boo-boo, I've fallen and I can't get up" Eli whines.

"What do you want me to do about it, Eli?" She giggles and it sounds like heaven. Unlike most girls, her giggle is genuine and damn if it isn't music to my ears.

"I want you to drag me to class" Eli shrugs on the floor.

Aubrey tries to walk but she isn't moving even a centimeter. She grabs onto a door frame and she tries to pull her leg out of his grasp but it still isn't moving.

"Eli!" I say as he starts pulling her towards him. She loses her balance and I go up an catch her right before she falls. West falls though.

I pick her up and stand her up straight.

She's so tiny.

"Whoops!" Eli laughs, picks up West, and throws him up into the air. Aubrey rushes to catch him and Eli stands.

"Oh poor baby!" She laughs taking West and brushing him off.

"I have to go, guys I'm a little late today," Aubrey says smiling softly as she waves, then walks away.

I watch her behind as she walks away biting my lip and admiring the fine view.

I just can't help it when it comes to her.

"You can stop staring at her ass now you horn-dog" Eli kicks my shin.

"Shut up."

Eli and I walk to our lockers and we put out duffel bags in them.

"Are you guys ready for today?" Ryan comes up behind us and he asks energetically.

"What's today?"

"We get to start practicing with the underclassmen today."

Every year, anyone in high school can try out for varsity and that means some freshman and sophomores try out.

During try-outs, coach lets the best underclassmen join the varsity team they just can't play. Unless they are really, really good.

I was on varsity when I was a freshman back in Alabama and for half the year before I moved here. When I moved here, I had to try out in the middle of the season but I still made it and coach let me play. We won states sophomore year and my junior year here. We almost won nationals last year too. We were two wins away.

Coach lets the underclassmen have the "varsity" label but they have to play on junior varsity to get play time. Today will be the first practice the underclassmen will have with us.

Before today, they were having their own practice.

"I'm ready for today," Eli smirks.

___________________________

I walk into English and immediately go and sit behind Aubrey. She turns around in her seat and hands me my "son".

"I just fed and changed him so he should be good for a while" I looked at her gratefully and took West.

"Thanks, sweetheart," I send her a smirk, loving how it drives her crazy.

I see her begin to blush as she turns around and I quietly chuckle.

She's so cute.

I look down at West and cringe.

What a weird looking child.

I sat West on the empty chair beside me and tried to do my worksheet.

It's kinda hard to do a worksheet when you hear gorgeous laughter in front of you though.

After English ended, I picked up West by a limb only to get scolded by Aubrey.

I fixed West in my arms and smirked at Aubrey before walking out the class.

I love getting a reaction from her.

"Hey what's up man!" Derek, the second string tight end said giving me the signature "bro-shake".

"I'm on baby duty" He laughs and shakes his head.

It wasn't a joke, I don't know why he's laughing.

"I gotta get going to class man, I'll see you at practice," He says and I walk off.

That guy's a douche.

I walk into math and don't see Aubrey yet.

She says it's because of her short legs.

A minute later I see her happy little self waltz right in here and take her seat.

I have got to stop thinking about this girl.

My own thoughts were cut off when I heard a barely audible humming. Even though it was really quiet, it was addicting to listen to. I never wanted it to stop.

If Heaven had a sound, that would be it.

I looked to where the sound was coming from and my eyes found Aubrey.

She was looking up at the board, taking notes and tapping her foot to the beat.

I found myself leaning closer to her to hear her better. When that wasn't enough, I silently picked up my chair and moved it to where it was only about an inch away from hers.

She stops humming and looks at me confusedly.

"Don't stop," I smirk. She opens her mouth about to say something, but then she closes it.

"Don't be shy, darlin'," I encouraged. She blushed and went back to humming. A little more shyly this time though.

____________________________

I walk into fourth-period art and sit down next to Eli and Ryan with a huff.

I have no artistic ability.

Ryan on the other hand, the lucky asswipe, is great at it.

"How's your baby mama? I haven't seen her today," Ryan smirks. I glare at him even though I'm still slightly smiling.

"His baby mama is perfect for him as always," Eli gives me a sly smirk.

"Guess what this little horn-dog did this morning?" Eli points at me.

"What did he do?" Ryan asks excitedly putting his chin in both of his hands.

Eli went full detail into the story about me watching Aubrey this morning.

I don't say anything in return. I just sit back in my chair and go over the memory.

"Yeah I mean, I don't blame you bu-" I punch Ryan's arm and he hisses.

"Shithead" He mutters.

"Huh? What was that?" I cup my ear and lean towards him.

"I never said anything! You might wanna get your ears checked" He shrugs and I roll my eyes.

I began drawing my tree, the assigned drawing, but soon gave up when it started looking nothing like a tree.

"Fuck it, this class doesn't give me any useful credits anyway," I say crumpling up my paper and throwing it in the trash.

"Luke?" Mr. Archer gives me a stern look. I turn and narrow my eyes at him. I never liked him.

"What did you just throw away?" He asks suspiciously.

"My tree, " I say with my eyes still narrowed.

Everyone knows about Mr. Archer and I's hate-hate relationship.

"Start a new one, you need to turn one in." He narrows his eyes back.

"I'm not doing another one" I argue, crossing my arms like a kid.

"Well then go get that one out the trash," He sighs.

"No" I deadpan.

"Do I need to call your mother?" He smirks. I raise my eyebrow at him. I know that son of a bitch knows my mother is dead, it shows it on my fucking school contact list, which every teacher has for each student.

My unamused look automatically turns into a deadly glare as I take long strides up to his desk.

Mr. Archer's eyes widen and he takes a step back.

"You low life piece of shit," I said lowly enough so that the whole class wouldn't hear me.

"Luke I-I forgot abou-" Mr. Archer's pathetic rant got cut off when Eli came up behind me and patted my shoulder.

I turned my glare towards him and he dropped his hand from my shoulder immediately.

"You can go straight to Hell," I tell him before swiftly exiting the room, maneuvering my way around the standing, and wide-eyed, Ryan and Eli. Also, forgetting West but I'll get him later.

I walk the halls slowly trying to cool down when I hear a piano playing from the music room. As I get closer, I can hear an angelic voice singing.

I walk up to the door and look at the door's small window.

All my anger fades away when I see Aubrey sitting there playing the piano and singing.

Before I can hear the song, it ends, to my disappointment.

I hear the music room roar in applause and I smile when I see Aubrey getting up and walking back to her seat blushing bright red.

Damn.

____________________________

I walk back into art only a couple minutes before the bell rings and I start gathering up my things. Ryan and Eli are still completely silent and I know they have no idea why I flipped out. No one does.

I haven't told a single person about my mother's death.

"You guys can quit acting like I'm gonna explode and kill you at any second, now," I smirk at them. They both visibly relax and smile back. The bell rings and I hurry to try and finish putting all my stuff back. Eli and Ryan take their time and wait for me.

I hear cautious footsteps behind me and I turn around to see Mr. Archer. The glare I had on my face from earlier reappears and I hear Eli whisper a "yoikes" from behind me.

"Luke, listen I-" He starts.

I give him one last glare, turn, and the three of us walk out the classroom. Of course not forgetting West though. I hold him on my arm the way Aubrey placed him that one time. Kinda like a football.

Eli, Ryan, and I walk into the cafeteria and most people stop what they are doing and turn to look right at me.

I guess news spreads quickly.

We walk over to our table and as soon as I sit down West starts crying. Apparently, him crying woke up Eli's baby which started a chain reaction and now all the guys' babies were crying.

I took out the bottle and began to feed West. As soon as I did that he stopped crying.

"How did you do that?!" Eli asks frantically.

"How did you get it to stop?" Jackson asks.

"What do I do?"

"Where did you get that bottle from?"

"Aubrey..?" I shrug unsure.

Every guy at the table gets up and they all go on a hunt to find Aubrey.

I find her first and go up beside her table.

"Sorry in advance," I give a sheepish look.

"I found her!!"

_______________________

"Here, you have to hold the baby like this," She adjusts the baby in Jackson's arms, "then, you just put the bottle in her mouth. You have to hold it there for ten minutes. No more, no less."

Jackson nods and he joins the rest of the guys with their now quiet babies.

All thanks to Aubrey.

Aubrey turns her gaze up to me and gives me a "really" look.

"Sorry."

"Make sure you find time to change him next block too okay?" Aubrey asks and I nod.

I go back to my seat and finish my lunch thankfully, with no more babies crying at our table.

I walk out to the front fountain and take a seat on one of the benches. All the guys surround me sitting on benches near mine or they sprawl out on the floor.

"I heard they're all cocky son's of bitches," Ryan says.

"Yeah, we'll see who's cocky at the end of practice today" Jack adds and he and his brother fist bump laughing.

All of a sudden I hear a cry coming from West.

"Shit," I roll my eyes when the guys laugh at me and stand up.

Maybe I forgot to change him.

"Where's Aubrey? I don't know how to change a diaper" I look around for her.

"I'm pretty sure she is out back at that big Oak tree," Eli says and I walk off towards the back.

"Aubrey!" I say once I get to where she is sat next to Isabelle and Olivia.

They all looked up and I plopped down next to Aubrey.

"I need your help," I nudge her arm.

"Does he need to be changed?" She asks tilting her head, referring to West.

My mind runs off as I watch the cute dimple on the side of her cheek as she talks.

"What? Oh, yeah he needs to be changed," I shake my head, clearing my thoughts.

She takes West out of my hands and lays him down on the jacket she lied on the ground.

She starts undoing West's diaper and I stop her putting my hand over hers. Her eyes come up and meet mine and she blushes. I smirk a little at that.

"Does he have a dick?" I ask genuinely. Her eyes widen and her blush deepens. I hear Izzy and Olivia laughing and soon enough Aubrey does too.

I watch her with a smile as she tilts her head back and closes her eyes letting out a beautiful laugh.

"A little one," she nods and she wipes her eyes.

No son of mine would have a "little one." It's impossible.

She begins changing his diaper and teaching me how to do it. Every time I get distracted by looking at her face, she never notices but Izzy or Olivia nudge me to get my focus back on the doll.

After my diaper changing lesson, the bell rings and I walk with Izzy and Aubrey to chemistry.

____________________

After handing the baby over to Aubrey, I walked to the locker rooms with Eli.

We got changed into our practice uniforms and walked we walked out the field.

The underclassmen were already there and as soon as they saw me leading the group, they visibly tensed.

"Underclassmen, this is your varsity team," Coach says as the team comes to a stop in front of the small, skinny freshman and sophomores.

"This is your captain, I'm sure you've all seen him around the halls, he's kind of hard to miss," Coach chuckles and so do the guys.

"Anyways, so your captain, Luke, and all your first string players" He points to all of us.

"The rest of the players you can learn yourselves," He throws his hands in the air.

"Alright, have fun guys," Coach chuckles and walks away after clapping my back.

"Get ready for hell boy- guys what are you looking at? Pay attention to me!" Eli claps, stomping his foot.

I look over to where a few of the guys are looking at and I see Aubrey trying to catch up with Izzy and Olivia.

I feel Ryan nudge my shoulder and I look over at him only to see him smirking and wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I roll my eyes and turn back to the team.

"Alright, who here is the quarterback?" I question the boys wanting to know who my replacement is going to be after I graduate this year.

A tall, lanky kid raises his arm and I smirk at him.

"We gotta get you into the weight room," I say and the guys behind me laugh.

I start walking to the other end of the lined up underclassmen when I suddenly hear a voice behind me.

"Asshole" I knew exactly who was too.

I walk straight up to him and his head only reaches my chin. He realizes that and his eyes widen. I cross my arms out in front of me and he looks at them. If it's even possible, is eyes widen more.

"What was that, toothpick?" I lowly murmur.

"N-nothing, I didn't mea-" I cut him off by barely pushing his shoulder causing him to fall to the ground.

I kneel down next to him as he props himself up on his elbows.

"That is exactly why you need to hit the weight room, you can barely take a hit."

_______________________

"Come on toothpick! I know damn well you can lift more than that!" I yell as Tristan tries to lift the weights less than his body weight, and I bet the kid only weighs 14 pounds, max.

Tristan and I were the only ones still in the weight room. Everyone else left and went onto the field to do more practicing.

Tristan here just isn't all that great at weights.

"Why the hell are you pushing me so hard!" He yells back as he stands up from trying to lift the weights.

"Because the second you get out on that big field, they won't hold back. Their main target is you and sometimes your defense can't stop them. If you get hit now, it looks like you'd break every bone in your body." I point out.

"Well it's hard!" He says and I roll my eyes handing him a towel.

"No shit it's hard. Do you think I came into this world looking like this?" I roll my eyes. I've been there, done that.

"You get really skinny when you shoot up in height, I get that. C'mon, I'm 6'6, I get it."

"When I was a freshman, there was this big buff senior-"

"Sounds like someone I know," he says and tilts his head in my direction I ignore his comment and continue.

"That guy would always be on my back even though I was a better football player than him. Soon, I got tired of his shit and by mid-freshman year, I began lifting weights, little at a time. By junior year, I look like this and I found out that jerk got arrested for a DUI. It was a win-win," I snort.

I can't leave this place with a shit quarterback. I've gotta leave him at least a little advice.

_______________________

After another 30 minutes in the weight room, Tristan and I went outside to where the team was.

Tristan joined the guys and I walked over to where Eli was.

"How did it go?" He questioned.

"A little rough at first but we're good now," I say.

After an hour we decide the guys have had enough.

"You guys did well," I say to them as they kneel.

"For freshies," Jayden chuckles and I roll my eyes.

"Go home, get rest, and be ready for tomorrow," I say and we walk back to the locker rooms.

Damn, I'm hungry.
____________________________

|
|
|
|
| Thanks for reading doods :)

Word count: 4009

*I don't edit*

-Ashlyn M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

524K 10.2K 87
[COMPLETED] "That wasn't very nice, was it princess?" He asked in a husky voice and I stuttered, trying to form words but failing. His lips leaned i...
12.2K 235 32
Audrey had always had a secret ever since the accident happened. She never thought it would bother her as she waited for the day that she would gradu...
37.9M 1M 75
In which I fall in love with my brother's best friend. ***** "Don't pretend like you don't feel anything." His voice is low, sending shivers down my...
338K 12.3K 35
Penelope "Dot" Frost; Independent, vicious, vexatious, angry, stoic, quick-witted, smart-mouthed, lonely, and as some would suggest, insane. Everythi...