My Love, My mistake (Knight f...

By sarahs29

Sequel to Billionnaire's Ex Wife!! "I'm closer than you think. 25 years. You took 25 years of my life and lo... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 12 (part 2)
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue
Epilogue 2
Marco and Elena's book

Chapter 42

67.6K 3.7K 402
By sarahs29

Three days.

That's how long Jason has been ignoring me. I hated saying that, but that's the only thought that is coming to my mind.

I tried calling him again that day after I went to visit my mother with Elena. He didn't answer and just texted me again, so I just gave up. I tried again the next day and still nothing.

And the fact that he talks to Elena is another proof that he's just ignoring me.

He came to the office yesterday but I just left him alone and didn't try calling him.
I was annoyed two days ago but now it just bothers me.

"Ms. Mendes." I looked up as Lydia slowly entered my office knocking. "Mr. Knight wants to know if you could handle a meeting his brother had to attend."

"Okay. I'll give him my answer." I said and she nodded before walking out.

I stood and walked out to, directly heading to the elevator.

I don't know what his problem is but I was going to find out. He always calls me directly when he wants something. He never went to Lydia. He doesn't even know her name.

The moment I stopped in front of his office, I just paused.

Maybe I should with until the end of the day.

I shook my head and knocked on the door. I heard him respond and I opened the door to find him behind his desk with his eyes glued on his work.

"Hi." I said closing the door behind me.

"Hi." He replied briefly looking up, before looking back at his work.

I furrowed my eyebrows looking at him. Why won't he look at me?

"How are you?" I decided to ask sitting on one of the chairs, trying my best to ignore the uneasy feeling creeping to my chest.

"Good. You?" I honestly grew frustrated when his eyes don't once leave his work.

Bad.

"You haven't been taking my calls." I stated and he stayed quiet. "Why?" I asked trying my best to stay calm.

"I've been busy." He simply said making me clench my fists slightly.

"With what? Is it about Kevin? Did something happen?" I continued asking wishing for him to just answer me end tell me what I need to know.

"Not everything is about him." He said finally looking at me. "Did you need something?"

"Yes. I need to know what's wrong with you?" I asked moving closer and placing my elbows in his desk.

"Nothing."

"Then why have you been ignoring me?" I asked in a firmer tone.

I am not looking for an argument, I just want to know. And the way he's talking is not making things easy. It just makes me want to strangle him.

I was sitting there, waiting for an answer but all he did was just stare at me, which confused me even more.

"Did your secretary give you my message?" He asked, completely changing the topic.

"Jason, what's wrong with you?" I asked ignoring his question and my tone became harsher that I intended.

"Nothing." He repeated.

I almost groaned in frustration but just let out a small breath. "Did I do something? If I did, just tell m-"

"Victoria, nothing happened. I just need you to go to that meeting since Seb won't be back until next week. Do you think you can do that?"

I looked at him to see that he had an unreadable expression on his face, which bothered.

I'm not a stranger, he doesn't have to give me that look.

He doesn't want to tell me why he's been ignoring me. That's my biggest problem. I don't think I did anything to him.

"Of course." I finally said.

He nodded. "Then you can go. I'll send you the details by email."

I stood up without another word and begin to walk away. But just when I was about to walk out, I felt a little big of anger creeping to my chest, I left the door handle and turn to face him.

Just leaving would be too easy.

"I can handle your temper, your moods, or whatever you are, like I have been for years. But don't think, for one second, that you can be normal with me one day and then ignore me without any reasons the next, and talk to me like I am some stranger. You want to be with me or you don't. There's no in between." I said and finally walked out of his office, slamming the door without meaning to.

He should know by now that I can't stand it when someone tries to step all over me. Not even him.

Does he even realize how much he is bringing my fears back by acting like this?
Wasn't he the one reminding me that we were a team the other day?

Why is being like this? I'm sure I didn't do anything. If I did I would know. But if it isn't coming from me, why does he act like I did something wrong?

How would I know what's bothering him if he doesn't tell me? I don't just find out things like him.

****

"And then he just ignores me. Can you believe it?" I exclaimed when I finish explaining my situation while pacing. "And the worst thing is that I'm sure I didn't do anything to him." I continued complaining before looking at my still unconscious mother.

Yep I've completely lost it.

I sighed and went to sit next to her.
The doctor said that she was stable now and out of danger but she is still not waking up. They said to give her a few more weeks and watch her progress. But I need her to wake up now.

"Or maybe I shouldn't have told him that I loved him. Maybe I've scared him off." I said feeling my eyes burning up. "It cannot be that, right?"

I really hope it isn't.

"When you wake, I'm going to do everything I can, so we can go on a vacation. Just the two of us and a nurse if necessary. Every employee is allowed a one month break every year, and I didn't take any break ever since I started working for the company. So we both deserve a vacation, don't we?" I blinked quickly when my eyes started burning again.

I grabbed her hand in mine before placing a kiss on it.

"You always wanted to go to the Cayman Islands and Bora Bora. So we can go. Just wake up mom." I then placed my hand on her cheek and just looked at her hoping her eyes would just open.

I sighed and moved my gaze to the roses that I've brought. I just realized how true my words were. I didn't take one break since I started in the company. I was thinking that the more I worked, the more money I gained, which was true. I worked for the both of us. So she needs to wake up, so that I'll keep having the same motivation.

I almost jumped out of my skin when my hand was squeezed. I turned my head toward my mom so quickly that I thought that I would break my neck.

I didn't care though. The only thing I could focus on was my mother's open eyes.

"Mom!" I gasped sitting up. "Oh God! You're awake." I almost yelled as I felt tears of relief rolling down my cheek.

She just stared at me not saying anything but a tiny smile went to to her lips when I wiped my cheeks.
I smiled widely and just pressed the button beside her bed to call someone before looking back at her.

"I was so scared. I missed you."

She just squeezed my hand in response.

And here I was thinking that my day couldn't be good, because of Jason's behaviour.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

493K 13.2K 48
When Allison's step mother and sister betrayed her for her wealth. Along with her loving husband, her world came crashing down. They throw her on st...
12M 213K 42
Cecilia Sanchez was getting married to multi billionaire, Joseph Taylor. Cecilia loved Joseph will all her heart and soul. They were high school swee...
13.1K 266 52
Love...... The word tasted weird on my tongue Love makes a person stupid. Believe me when I say Love is blind, because I've been there before ***** "...
694 40 8
"The man you were, the one I married, would have kicked your ass all over this god-damn room for talking to me like that. But then maybe you were ne...