A Weakness Called Love: Memoi...

Autorstwa glamty

Follow the intriguing life of 15 year old Ladi, who has been working as a housemaid since she was 8 years old... Więcej

CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO: MUDI MY BELOVED❤️
CHAPTER 3: BLAME IT ON MUDI
CHAPTER 4: PAIN BECOMES ME
CHAPTER 5: THE DEAL
CHAPTER 6: HE SMILED
CHAPTER 7: THE TOWN
CHAPTER 8: THE ESCAPE
CHAPTER 9: THE RELATIONSHIP
CHAPTER 10: THE GIRL WITH THE EVIL OMEN
CHAPTER 12: JELOUSY
CHAPTER 13: THE STIGMA
CHAPTER 14: THE FATHER THAT STOOD HIS GROUND
CHAPTER 15: NO ONE'S CHILD
CHAPTER 16: THE UNORTHODOX MOTHER
CHAPTER 17: SHE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALL
CHAPTER 18 : THE FAREWELL
CHAPTER 19: Rabi, A beacon of Hope
CHAPTER 20: THE SHAMED
CHAPTER 21: MY DAUGHTER'S FUTURE
CHAPTER 22: JUSTICE FOR SALE
CHAPTER 23: A MYSTERY CALLED LOVE
CHAPTER 24: FALLING IN LOVE
CHAPTER 25: WHAT IS LOVE WITHOUT MARRIAGE
CHAPTER 26: LETS TRY FOREVER
CHAPTER 27: LET ME HAVE HIM
CHAPTER 28: MY HEART BEATS FOR YOU
Chapter 29: SHE IS MARRIAGE WORTHY
Chapter Thirty: A Delicacy Called 'Tea'
Chapter 31: My Hearts Keeper
Chapter 32: Love Prevails
Chapter 33: The Bus Ride
CHAPTER 34: A NEW BEGINNING
CHAPTER 35: MY NEW LIFE
CHAPTER 36: THE PROUD OWNER OF A SECOND HAND PHONE
CHAPTER 37: GRUMPY ASABE
CHAPTER 38: LETS FACE THE FUTURE
CHAPTER 39: REUNITED
CHAPTER 40: It's Happening!!!
CHAOTER 41: Lahibu
CHAPTER 42: THE Dilemma
CHAPTER 43: MY HUSBAND
CHAPTER 44: THE END
New Book Alert

CHAPTER 11: THE PREDICAMENT

555 115 3
Autorstwa glamty

I continue to give Mudi my unconditional Love. I reserved a plate for him everyday. When he was in the farm I will take the food to him. I gave him attention whenever he needed it. I did not withhold my feelings. I loved him how I knew. He was starting to warm up to me. He seem to genuinely enjoy our conversations.
Still I felt a pressure to impress him, but I did not want to scare him away. I was ready to change for him, to be the woman he wanted, but He did not wanted me to change. He had accepted me for who I am. I was dedicated to our Love.

Today I stood outside his house while Shatu went to call him. When he came she went back home. I ask that we should take a walk together, side by side. Feeling his presence, feeling him watch me as my heart jump out of joy. He accepted without scuffle. We walked together, side by side. All the while we talked. He seemed to be in a sore mood, he refused to tell me why and i did not pressure him. I decided to enjoy his presence and the the pleasure it brings.

We walked in a slow pace. As we tread the soft soil. I stole glances at him. Beside me was the love of my life.

The Breeze was blowing softy upon my face, I closed my eyes and engulfed the pleasant earthy smell of sand. I open my Eyes and saw him gazing at me intently. "It must be raining somewhere?"I commented "yes" he replied. I swirl around and sang a song each kid in the village was accustomed to. It was like a rite of passage. "Allah Kawo ruwa (Oh God, bestow rain upon us,) .

He just Laughed, he even chuckled and God! he was intoxicating.

We made our way back. As soon as we were back, Mudi did something that got me worried. He walked passed me, never turning back as if he did not know me. I swallowed and made my way home. I was greeted by a small crowd of people. I made my way to see what was going on.

It was Talai. She was being taken to the hospital. It is indeed a momentous day in our village. Women don't deliver in the hospitals, Kande the village midwife was always summoned. The last child that was diliverd in a hospital was nicknamed "likita' meaning "doctor". 7 year old Likita also watched curiously.

Talai is the second wife of my cousin Maigida Sule, first son of Hafizu my uncle, as such we live in the same compound. There were currently two pregnant women in my house, Asabe and Talai. Today Talai is going to be a happy mother by God's grace.

Pregnant Asabe had been working painstakingly hard. She was a washerwoman, she makes tofu and let's her young daughter sells it, she roasts and sells peanut. She makes pure groundnut oil and groundnut cake, she makes shea butter oil. In the evenings she sells fried beans cake(kosai/akara)All of which she sells and saves the money. She never heed warnings from people for her to slow down.

How could she, there was too much at stake. The last time she was pregnant She did not work half as hard. If history had taught her anything it will be never to depend on a man for all your needs. The last naming ceremony was a disaster. She had promised never to endure that sort of humiliation ever again. There was barely anything to eat, no ram was slaughtered. Her son had to live with that shame. The shame of a child who was not named with a ram.

While Asabe's biggest concern was the naming ceremony, Yarinya'a concern was a different one. Her co-wife was pregnant. Yarinya is the first wife of Maigida Sule. Now more than ever Yarinya was nervous and apprehensive. The new wife Talai was pregnant. It was bad news. Yarinya had always given him female children. The last was the third in a row. He wanted male heirs not the weak females Yarinya gave him. He refused to even carry the poor child. His mother asked "what is it this time?" "a female" Asabe said.
" I am not surprised, It is her family's tradition after all. " the mother In law said with distaste .

What will become of her if the new wife bore him a male child? Already her marriage has been reduced to nothing but shambles.

The new wife Talai had been demonstrating signs of carrying a male offspring. She had an exceptional appetite and insists on eating a lot of meat. She will not sweep and blames it on the male child, she found new admiration in hoes. She wanted softer mattress and the husband bought her a brand new one. He concedes to all her demands, after all they were not hers, they were his male child's wishes.
While Yarinya was reduced to her maid. She cooks for her, Talai complains about the cooking but never fails to devour it.

She will come out of her room, and praise herself thus:

" It is me Talai the mother of men. A woman from a lineage of great men who produces great men. When people fail to honor, I rush to save all with a befitting heir."

When she stumbles She says "careful mother of men, the female delivering machine is casting you an evil eye" in a bold loud voice.

People in the compound usually burst into laughter whenever she say such things. Yarinya never finds it funny. She will retreat to her room.

Then Talai started complaining of mysterious pains. Maigida Sule had a bright idea. He said he will take her to the hospital. The child needed special attention. The hospital is far away from the village. Nobody visits it except the wealthy in extreme circumstances. He was ready to spend a fortune on the future mother of his sons. Maigida Sule is affluent, he even owned his own personal motorcycle.

He took her to the hospital. The doctor said she was fine. She kept visiting the hospital while Maigida Sule accompanied her. In one of the visits, the Doctor mentioned a very awe striking procedure. It was called "scanning" it can detect the sex of child before birth. Maigida Sule Was excited about this advanced procedure and wanted it. The day of the procedure came. It was like she was going to be operated on. People came to wish her GoodLuck. Some taught her prayers for success, so that she may survive the complicated procedure.

Unfortunately, that very day Maigida Sule could not make it, there was an emergency. He had to go to town to buy ferterlizer. He wanted to postpone his trip, but his brother insisted he takes the trip and that he will take care of Talai. Reluctantly, he went to town. His brother and some women accompanied her that fateful day.

At the hospital, the doctor told them, they all had to wait outside. She was to go inside alone. They wished her well, they waited, rosary by hand as they prayed for her. It was indeed an important event.

To her surprise the Doctor just put a mysterious gel on her stomach and rubs a technology of wonder on her stomach. Then he said the words, the ghastly three words that almost gave her a heart attack. " its a girl" he said.

She was in shock, her eyes flooded with tears. This is something she had not expected. Her father was blessed with 40 children among which 32 were all male. This cannot be happening to her.

Disgusted the Doctor said " hmmm, time to clear out the room, I have other patients to see. Take this. This is a picture of your DAUGHTER" stressing the word daughter as he gives her a picture that was more like swirls of black and white. The picture was stapled to a white paper behind it. She collected the paper with trembling hands.

She went out, all her escorts came rushing. Seeing her crying. "Sannu(sorry)" they all say with concern. One of them said " it must have been painful"

the other replied " any procedure that can detect the sex of child before birth had to be painful, they will have to operate on her before they can see"

"yes, yes" they all say in unison. A woman among them held her, walked her to a sit and sat her down, while the men went to get a motorcycle ready for the journey back home. Talai did not say anything.
Then one of them bravely asked " so? "
Talai replied "they have confirmed it, it's a boy"

She was home, happy sounds were being made. Maigida Sule was congratulated by all. It was time to see his wife.

Upon entering her room she said "good tidings my love, father of my son"

He just laughed a happy laugh, he jumped and embraced her tightly. " mother of my son, you are indeed a blessing" he said.

"take a look at your son" she said giving him the picture.

The ignorant man looked at the inscriptions and said "indeed, it is written boldly, it surely is a boy"

Talai became the object of her husbands love. She was a true queen. Two well fed rams were kept aside for the naming ceremony.

Yarinyar was in agony. Though she was not allowed to show it. Any sign of sadness will make her look like a bad, mean monster. She had to be happy for her sister in marriage. In a matter as significant as this any trifling women jealously will not be entertained. She was expected to take care of her husband's most adored human, Talai who was bearing a child of a superior sex. With much pain and emotional turmoil she did. Yet, you can see the sadness through it all. Therefore Yarinya was not woman enough. She was backbitten by women, "look how sad she is" they will say.

Talai is now being rushed to the hospital. Maigida sule by her side. She was taken into a Labour room. No one was allowed in the Labour room except the woman who is about to deliver. Her escorts waited anxiously outside the room for news.

Inside the Labour room, there were small hospital beds lined in two rows. The beds were covered with white heavily stained bedsheets that were now soiled with blood. Once a woman delivers. She is immediately transferred to a ward. "Next" the head nurse will shout and another woman will be brought in. The nurses will remove the sheets, reveling the mattress that had been sown in black leather and another woman will lie on the bare bed. Once she delivers, the previous soiled sheets will be used to wipe the bed and the next woman will lie on the bed. There was no time to clean or disinfect. The great nurses do not have that time. They eminent nurses refused to be demoted to cleaning.

A woman in Labour room was on the bed beside Talai, a nurse was aiding her "push" the nurse says. The woman tried and tried but failed. she started Crying painfully. The livid impulsive nurse, slapped her on the face. And shouts "shut up, lazy woman and push" The other nurses chuckled. To them it was hilarious.
Some jokes are not made for the common man, they remain the preserve of some distinguished people. This was one of those jokes. To a bystander it may look despicable, but to a well skilled educated honorable ethical nurse, it was a hilarious joke. Because all of them were amused and they laughed.

Talai was lucky, she gave birth quickly but to a girl. How will she face her husband. She was transferred to the ward. Maigida Sule was called but not before Talai's aunt, she was the one who will take care of her. He was very excited.

The elder Aunt said to him " God's will can never be evaded, God has willed that it will be a girl. Take you daughter Maigida Sule and give thanks. God will surely reward you for your forbearance" .

"No" he shouted wide eyed as if afflicted with insanity. " they must have switched the child, the sikaini said it, I've seen and read it with my own eyes. Nobody will cheat me of my son. I will talk to the doctor at once" He flared

"No, please no" it was Talai that now spoke inbetween sobs.
" Forgive me husband please. At the sikaini the doctor may have mentioned a possibility of having a girl. But I thought the sikaini was inaccurate or that God will ordain a miracle and changed her into a boy . How would I have guessed I will give birth to a girl while I come from a lineage that always produce men? So I kept quiet and prayed. I know you deserve a boy that was why I expected that the sex of the child will be changed. Please forgive me. I will give you a son next time. I promise" she said

He was quiet for a while. Realization of what had  happened downed on him.

The Aunt then said " Take her maigida Sule. By the grace of God you shall have your son next time"
He just looked at them and fled. Only the sounds of his footsteps were heard.

He settled the hospital bills and rode back home.

The darkened expression he wore made everyone questioned him about what had happened.

Asabe started crying and shouted " oh my God, both mother and son are dead. May God have mercy on their souls"

Those around had started giving their condolences when he spoke. " it is a girl" he said "she knew it and lied all along" he concluded.

It was Asabe that shouted again "they are not dead, it is a girl" she said shaking her head sideways.

The happiness of Yarinyar was immeasurable. It was time to jubilate. She went to her husband and said " dear husband, congratulations" in a sarcastic way. Maigida Sule could not look Yarinyar in the eye.

She visited Talai, with potash gruel and said " congratulations sister, here is a gruel befitting the mother of men"

Talai did not say anything.
Maigida Sule ignored his daughter and refused to even look at the child.
Malam Saleh, the eldest in the family came to talk to him. He was fed up with Maigida sule's irrational behaviour.
He said
" what nonsense is this Sule. I thought you were better than this. Do you not believe in God's decree anymore? Why are u behaving like a pegan? Who gave birth to you?" Malam Saleh waited for an answer
Defeated Maigida Sule said:
"A woman "
with head bowed down.
"Go and take your daughter and stop this nonsense at once. I am not requesting, I am commanding" Malam Saleh said

That ended Maigida Sule's behavior. All went to normal, except Talai now has a new nickname "uwar maza" meaning " mother of men".

AUTHORS NOTE
Spoiler alert: Next chapter is going to be solemnly on the romantic relationship of Mudi and Ladi. Stay posted.

Thanks for all the reads and the feedbacks. Fell free to share!!!
Happy Reading!!

Czytaj Dalej

To Też Polubisz

451 26 13
A BWWM Story •♥•♥•♥• Flushed into a dangerous life at a young age •♥•♥• She escaped •♥•♥• Then why did he...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
19 0 8
After I got dumped by the one guy I truly loved, my life crumbled. I was branded as a whore and I just crumbled as a whole. I messed up bad and I spe...
1.6M 38.1K 71
"𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐢𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐄𝐥𝐲𝐬𝐞. 𝐘𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲...