Things Worth Dying For (A Si...

By siriusblacksgirl

Every generation at Hogwarts seems to have its own local celebrity. You happen to be the daughter of a famous... More

Bitter Reunions
Mirrors
Tales of the Heart
Two Months
Midnight Madness
The Whomping Willow
The Noble and Most Ancient House of Black
Not-So-Bitter Reunions
again
The Big Bad Wolf
Ending Things Right
Year 2
Quidditch Beginnings at Midnight
Not Alone
Year 3: The What Lord?
Year 4: When Everything Changed
Slughorn's Christmas Party
Favorite Colors and Last Dances
Hide n Seek

What About Animals

7K 205 334
By siriusblacksgirl

A/N --> sorry I know its been forever looool also hey out of curiosity, would any of you be interested if I did a one-shot book with Sirius and took requests? Idk I think it'd be something I'd be into 

It was dark and she was suffocating.

That was all Y/N could feel. Her eyes felt like they were glued shut, and the incessant pounding of her head overwhelmed all her senses, and she felt like she couldn't breathe. Somewhere in the distance, she heard muffled apologies, playing on repeat, and someone sobbing hysterically, but the throbbing headache eventually consumed her back into unconsciousness. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sirius watched Y/N's eyes flit around underneath her lids, and the knot in his stomach loosened only slightly.

She's alive and she's going to be okay, he kept telling himself, kept hearing Madame Pomfrey's reassurances in his head, despite them doing nothing to ease his qualms. 

She'd saved his life twice now, and Sirius thought he might lose his mind if he ever had to watch her in a hospital bed ever again. She'd been unconscious for nearly 24 hours at this point, Madame Pomfrey keeping her unconscious while she injected antidotes to fix Y/N's concussion. As such, Sirius hadn't slept in nearly 24 hours-nor moved, nor eaten, or done anything else for that matter, other than go to the washroom when it was absolutely necessary. 

He could still feel it, the way his heart sunk to his feet when he heard Y/N's head hit the dirt floor, the way he'd screamed for her knowing she couldn't hear him. He wondered if she knew he'd trade places with her without a second thought, whether she knew he couldn't lose her, it'd kill him.

He was almost too lost in thought to even notice it, the subtle movement of her hands, the way her fingers gently closed around his hand, and suddenly every ounce of fatigue disappeared from Sirius' as he shot up. 

His heart swelled as he saw that her eyes were half open, adjusting to the brightness of the hospital wing. 

"Wh-"

"Shhh I'm here, save your energy love, give yourself a minute", he whispered, a foreign tightness making its way up his throat. He wasn't sure if he wanted to throw up or cry, the fear and anxiety of the last night finally hitting him like a hammer. 

"Ar-are-are you okay, Siri?", Y/N whispered back, and Sirius laughed incredulously.

"Am I okay? You've been out for a whole day, you dimwit, I'm fine, how are you?"

"Been better", Y/N croaked out, a hint of a smile making its way on her face. 

"God, I was so worried about you, Y/N. Why would you do that, you twat!", he started, his voice rising and an entire night of panic and anger culminating in his gut. "What is wrong with you, L/N, you could've been killed, I was holding up okay, the full moon was almost over anyway, I just had to stall, why'd you have to go and use all your energy for that spell. Do you have any idea what you put me through tonight, Y/N? I have half a mind to never talk to you again, if that keeps you away from trying to get yourself killed every time I'm in danger!"

Sirius didn't know when he'd gotten out of his seat, or even stood up, but by the end of his speech, he was pacing in front of Y/N's bed, hands waving wildly in the air. When he turned to look at Y/N, she was struggling to sit up, and Sirius quickly made his way over to help.

He reached out to steady her arm, but Y/N quickly swatted him away. 

"No, don't touch me", she spat out harshly. 

Sirius pulled away, watching her try to hide her winces of pain as she inched up painfully, her eyes  dark and determined. By the time she had pulled herself into a sitting position, she was panting from the effort. They stared at each other in silence before Y/N broke the silence.

"You don't have to talk to me if you don't want to", Y/N whispered, though her voice was steady. "But I'd do it all over again if I had to".

Sirius' gaze softened as he looked at her, all of 5 feet tall, blanching from the pain of sitting up but refusing to back down, this small girl with nerves of steel and a heart of gold, who'd saved his life twice now. Before he could fully process what he was doing, he'd launched himself into her arms, burying his face into the crook of her neck, letting her warmth and scent waft over him. Sirius wasn't sure of much in his tumultuous life, but he was sure that he'd do anything to protect this girl.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm so so so sorry, Y/N", Remus wailed for the billionth time the next day. "You guys are lucky the full moon was coming to an end, that spell could never have actually held me. I think you guys should stop coming out to wait for me, I don't deserve to have friends, I'm a monster and can't be around humans", he wailed out. 

The 4 boys and Y/N were huddled up in the boys dormitory before dinner. Y/N, after a thorough check up from Madame Pomfrey, had finally been cleared to go to classes and was currently leaning against Sirius for support as the boys listened to Remus despair. He had been wracked with guilt since the night, tear stains covering his pillow, deep, purple circles under his eyes.

"Come on, Remmy, you're being drama-"

"Say that again", James interrupted, eyes sparkling.

Y/N whirled her head to look at him, narrowing her eyes with anger and suspicion.

"That I don't deserve to have friends?", Remus squeaked out and James gave him a look of disgust before waving it off.

"No, mate after that."

"I shouldn't be around humans?", Remus asked, while Peter and Sirius looked on curiously.

"Right", said James thoughtfully. "But animals are okay?"

Remus gave him an exasperated look before rolling his eyes.

"Sure James, animals are okay. Do you know any who might wanna be my friend?", he asked sarcastically.

"You're already friends with animals, Remus. Have you heard Sirius snore at night?", Y/N joked, earning an indignant look from Sirius, while Remus actually cracked a smile.

"C'mon buddy, let's go get some food to eat, it's almost supper", Peter said, pulling the skinny boy down the stairs.

Y/N craned her neck, waiting for the pair to disppear from sight when she turned to James.

"What was that about, Potter?" she inquired, recognizing the twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

"Huh? Oh, nothing, don't worry about it", he said, leaping out of his bed. He stopped abruptly at the door, turning back around.

"Y/N, what's that thing you said McGonagall is?"

"A professor?", Y/N asked, confused. 

"No, you know, that thing that she does, turning into a cat."

"That is high level magic James", Y/N warned. 

"I'm curious, humor me."

Y/N sighed wearily. It was an intelligent, though impossible, solution,  she had to give him that.

"An animagus, James, she's an animagus."

"Right, thanks Y/N!", he called out, already half  down the steps. 

"Hey Sirius", Y/N called "Do you mind helping me get off the bed, I still can't put pressure on my arms"

Sirius looked at her, a mischievous smirk crawling on to his face.

"I don't know, Y/N, you did just call me an animal."

"Aw come on Sirius, I was kidding! I'm hungry"

"Should've thought of that before you called me an animal", Sirius huffed.

He watched with amusement as Y/N struggled to get herself off the bed, movements painful and slow. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N huffed in annoyance at Sirius' antics, determined to get down the steps without his help. Slowly, she extended her legs off the bed, trying to put minimal pressure on her elbows as she tried to push herself up. She was halfway there, words of triumph already on her tongue, when she felt her elbows give out.

She closed her eyes, waiting for the feel of the floor against her body, when she was instead met with a familiar, warm embrace. 

Sirius held her close, a soft smirk still on his face.

"I always got you, Y/N", he whispered and Y/N shivered at their proximity, at his warm breath fanning her face. 

She didn't know if she'd imagined it, but his arm tightened around her waist, tendrils of his hair coming out to tickle her chin as he leaned in, stormy grey eyes unreadable as he held her soft brown ones in a steady, soft gaze. She felt her heart speed up, their faces now so close she could see each individual line, each dot on his face, the way his pupils seemed blown up and his lips parted slightly. 

Involuntarily, her eyes fluttered shut, and Sirius leaned even closer, rough hands coming up to caress her cheek as she felt the warmth of his breathing an impossibly miniscule distance from her own.

And then, she was standing upright, though unsteady on her legs, and the pressure and warmth of Sirius' body was off of her. Opening her eyes, she saw him smiling widely, though there was a distinct sadness in his eyes, and he held up a single feather between his fingers.

"You had something on your face there, love", he said, before loping down the stairs and leaving her wondering what happened once again. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

860 53 14
The Life of Regulus Black. (And honestly a lot of Sirius too) Follow Regulus through the days in Grimmauld place to his life at Hogwarts. See the ten...
84.9K 2.2K 20
• Sirius X Reader • Nobody seems to know why Y/N and Sirius hate each other. They just do. Maybe it's just embedded in their DNA. Maybe pureblood Sly...
97K 2.2K 48
BOOK 1 ☆ Eileen Davies has a problem. She's falling in love with Sirius Black. ϟ Eileen has a straightforward approach to dealing with boys - she lik...
2.6K 172 15
Everyone knows the story of The-Boy-Who-Lived, but what about the girl who was in the shadow that night. Join us to read the story of the young Blac...