Fragile Strength (Kakashi x o...

By MinaKashi_hokage

He was shattered inside. He never showed it. His emotions, his pain, he hid it all away...but the truth was h... More

Prologue: His tears
Chapter 1: It gave me you
Chapter 2: Carnation
Chapter 3: Face it
Chapter 4: Keep me going
Chapter 5: I won't get far
Chapter 6: My sun
Chapter 7: Pink carnation
Chapter 8: I admired you
Chapter 9: Thank you
Chapter 10: Forever with me
Chapter 11: Erase everyone
Chapter 12: Live a life
Chapter 13: Passage of time
Chapter 15: Elsewhere
Chapter 16: Love is greedy
Chapter 17: All Wrong
Chapter 18: Good at Pretending
Chapter 19: If you leave
Chapter 20: We've had today
Special Chapter: Kasuno
Special Chapter: Takeru
S2 Chapter 1: Second Time Around
S2 Chapter 2: No condition
S2 Chapter 3: Without a word
S2 Chapter 4: Carry it all
S2 Chapter 5: It was over
S2 Chapter 6: I only loved you
S2 Chapter 7: A Brighter World
S2 Chapter 8: Origin of the curse (I)
S2 Chapter 9: Origin of the curse (II)
S2 Chapter 10: Forget it

Chapter 14: Far away

1.3K 47 5
By MinaKashi_hokage

"Until when are you planning to stay, Kasuno?" Takeru questioned, reaching for a piece of tofu with this chopsticks.

Kasuno tilted her head and smile "Why are you so eager to get rid of me?" she questioned back then glare at him, showing off a dark aura "Do you want me to tell mom and dad that you invite girls here in the house without them knowing?"

Takeru's eyes twitch and he drop his chopsticks. He slowly turn his head to glance at his parents.

"Takeru..." Mrs. Yamashita laugh evilly, pointing a knife at her son.

Takeru can only laugh awkwardly before glaring at Kasuno "Just go back to your apartment!!!!" He whinned.

"Well, what can you say." Mr. Yamashita shrug "Takeru is my son. Just like me in my old days; girls will stick to him like magnets and gums."

Kasuno and Mrs. Yamashita look at each other in disapproval as they both shook their heads.

Suddenly, their "peaceful" dinner was interrupted when their maid came in to inform that Kakashi was outside.

Takeru roll his eyes "So, he's already back.  I heard they failed to bring the Uchiha back." He stated so casually.

Kasuno breathe a large amount of air as if a fish out of water fighting for its life....but she never said a word.

Mrs. Yamashita's eyes lit up immediately though "Just in time for dinner. Tell him to come join us."

Just as the maid was about to go out, Kasuno stopped her.

"Tell him to go home." She ordered, looking away from everyone's questioning look.

"But I heard he was gone for a week or so." Mrs. Yamashita look at her daughter worriedly "Didn't you miss him?....he probably needs you the most right now."

"Tell Kakashi to come by some other time." Takeru cut off the silence that came "Kasuno is not here. She's out to visit a friend in another village."

"Yes sir." The maid bowed and headed out.

Kasuno gather her plates and push her chair back, standing up "Thanks for the food mom."

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Yamashita ask worriedly.

"I need some rest. My medicine is taking effect." And with that, she was gone.

Her parents both look at Takeru, confuse, but Takeru could only shrug. He doesn't know what's up but he can see that Kasuno seems troubled. He could feel anger building up inside him. He wanted to just confront Kakashi and yell at him for making his sister sad but he knew it's not the right thing to do.

Inside her room, Kasuno look out the window where she could see Kakashi just standing outside their gate. He stood there for atleast a good 5 minutes before he left. She misses him so much....but she had already decided what to do. She won't back out now....

"I'm not saying this because I want to take Kakashi from you. In fact, if he's happy with you then I'll gladly back off even though it'll pain me..." Hanare's eyes look at her softly. She's indeed sincere "Kakashi's on his way back....if the happiness you could offer him is temporary....if that happiness comes with an even greater pain, I'm begging you Kasuno...leave him. He doesn't need to know if you're sick. You don't need to tell him anything you don't want but-"

"Hanare...." Kasuno finally lifted her eyes. It's red and swelling from all the tears she's been crying and soon, her silent cries turned into sobs. She can't say nothing more than the girl's name...because she know she was right.

"Listen to me..." Hanare held her hand and she cried even more. Her loud cries bounced off the walls and echoed into the room "Hate me. Think I'm cruel...but Kasuno, you're selfish. Kakashi witnessed deaths of people he love throughout his whole life. I'd  rather you just disappear like a bubble; Like a dream that's simply over and done with....just leave and don't tell Kakashi anything. He doesn't need to witness another death of a person he love. I'd rather him think you ran away from him because you don't love him anymore than him forcing himself into you....if you tell him you're sick, he will surely stick with you no matter how much you push him away. I don't want him crying over your grave."

At that time, Kasuno just completely stopped crying. Grave. Yes, grave. It's too painful that no words or sobs came out of her mouth. It's too painful that her tears just halted. She's so hurt to the point that her heart felt numb.

She wanted to live with Kakashi but....the end would be him crying over her grave....

So she made up her mind. That night, she packed up her stuff and left.

2 days later

Kasuno stand in front of Rin's tomb. She run her hand through the cold stone before placing a white tulip on top.

"I guess our destiny is the same...nee-chan." She smiled sadly, looking down "I remeber all those time you would come back from a mission and tell me about Kakashi. You used to always brag about him. Through all your stories, I grew fond of him." She chuckle bitterly "I wonder...If you were still here, we'll probably fight and bicker against each other....we both love Kakashi, don't we?"

She sat on the ground, head down as she reminisce all the time she spent with Rin "It's just so sad....both of us have to leave Kakashi."

Suddenly, the wind blows hard, giving her goose bumps. She chuckle and look up, seeing the brunette in front of her.

"You know Rin...I heard Kakashi returned to the village already." Kasuno told her, looking up "I should be happy but I'm scared. I feel helpless and it hurts...it hurts so much." She place a hand on her chest, tears threatening to fall.

Rin sat down across from her and gave her a reassuring smile, as if telling her it's ok.

"You believe I would do the right thing, huh?"

Rin nodded.

"Nothing I do seems to be right....this is all because I became greedy. I acted without thinking about Kakashi. I was a fool, Rin. I'm really sorry...I won't be able to protect the guy we love." She close her eyes and let the tears flow "Rin...please give Kakashi strength for what I'm doing."

"What are you crying for? I told you not to cry without me..."

Kasuno's heart took a leap. It's that familiar voice she always longed for. By now, the image of Rin her imagination had made is gone. Slowly, she look back and was met by Kakashi's eye.

"I've been looking for you, Kasuno. What are you doing here?" He questioned, stopping right in front of her. He look extremely exhausted. He have dark circles under his eyes and his hair looks messier than usual.

Kasuno wipe her tears and forced out a smile "Oh, you're back." She acted surprise.

Kakashi's eyebrows met "Been back for 3 days. I went to your apartment but you weren't there. Hanare wouldn't tell me anything...and I couldn't find you anywhere. Do you know how worried I was?" he tried to sound calm but his voice seems like it's about to break.

"Oh." She looked away, trying to interact with him as little as possible.

"Are you sure you're ok? Did I miss something? You can tell me anything, Kasuno..." With every step he took towards her, she prayed that he'll just stop. It's breaking her inside specially when he offered his hand to help her stand up.

It was hard but she ignored him and stood up by herself.

Kasuno shook her head and forced yet another smile "I'm busy. Inoichi-sama is probably looking for me." She walked past him but he grabbed her wrist.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He interegate her "Did I...do something wrong?"

She took steps back "I don't have the time to deal with you right now. Just leave me alone." She look back at him with a glare before walking away.

Kakashi was left there standing, speechless. He tried thinking of what he could have done wrong but nothing comes to mind. Before she could go very far, he ran after her and hugged her. He missed her so much. He knows....he can feel her. Every night that he will visit her house and the maid will turn him down...he knows she was there. He knows she will look through the window and watch him walk away.

"Kasuno, I don't like this. I don't want you to keep avoiding me. Atleast tell me the reason why. I'll fix it." He said almost desperately as he snuggles in her neck.

She slowly faced him, eyes looking down "I'm just not interested in you anymore. You're always gone and I realized...You're not really the type of person I'm looking for. My feelings for you right now is just...gone...lost. You're an important person for Konoha and I know that...but I don't even know if you'll return alive after your missions. I can't live in anxiety like that." She glance at him coldly before walking away "Leave me for awhile...maybe I'll change my mind about you."

>>><<<

Even if time passes, I'll always be here. I'll be your home which you can always rest in, anytime...I realized, it's not me turning my back that hurts, it's our memories that follows.
- Kasuno

Don't forget this one thing. Some nights far away, there's stars that will comfort you. It might be me. It might not be me. But no matter what happens between us, I love you. And if you need me, I mean really need me, I'll come to you faster than a heartbeat.
-Kakashi

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.3K 2.2K 26
The war was successful, and they won. Sasuke returned to the village, and Naruto and Sakura both made their dreams come true. They had families, and...
504K 17.7K 119
"I don't give up on a patient until they're dead." ~~~ Kakashi Hatake has had a rough life, and that's putting it lightly. Losing everyone he loved h...
1.6K 31 12
Bringing back an unconscious Sasuke, Naruto is beaten and hurt but his spirit is never broken even though he has a hole in his chest and is somehow s...
27.2K 772 23
....DISCONTINUED..... -------------------------------------------------PLATONIC RELATIONSHIP--------------------------------------------------- Narut...