General L/n (Thomas Jefferson...

By DumbBitchSassHours

Jefferson returns from France with his mind on one thing- General L/n. He ends up working with the lady of hi... More

Who are you? - part 1
Who are you? - part 2
Obviously I would have her letter - part 1
Obviously I would have her letter - part 2
The Letter
I need them essays , Thomas [part 1]
I need them essays , Thomas [ part 2 ]
Y/n and Alex being dumb again
Letters
Frenemies ?
Thomas
Thomas, you dumb bitch - part 1

Are you ready for - a cabinet meeting

4K 110 142
By DumbBitchSassHours

After some time - which for me might have been 1 minute but for the real world about an hour . Just another reason why me and life never got along . Knock , knock , knock ....... knock , knock , knock ........ knock , knock .......... okay - that's my sleep deprived homie . I get up from my seat and open the door whilst being met with an Alexander stumbling over . Lemme get him hyped up a lil bit "Ready to debate Jefferson ?" they've merely met each other yet mentioning his name seems to get him into 'i'm gonna debate yo ass mode' real quick .

Alexander took in a deep breath ....

And began ranting about Jefferson . It's truly impressive how much he can talk about something he has a little knowledge of . "Oh yea , by the way . You are aware that you're joining me against Jefferson , right ?" ... "Why am I never told about this !" it's true . They just expect me to know I'm joining Lexi . "You usually join me so I never thought it would be such a shock" I just sighed "You got a point but that doesn't mean that Washington can't decide to place me on the other side , ya know" if I agree with the person there seems to be no reason for me to be on Alex's side . "True " with that we finish that debate and carry on about our day , his interesting and my uninteresting life .... and he brought Jefferson up again . At this point you can't blame me if I space out .

The way the cabinet meetings work is that there's two main people debating . Sometimes you'll have a person either there for moral support or to debate alongside those main people . That's what I do . I much prefer to debate with Alex instead of saying one word and just standing there like Madison . We debate in a public place and either try to win over the public or the president himself .

We walked into the room where it happens . The stage where we would debate . There's quite a lot of people already gathered up . I can spot John - he's most likely just gonna look at Alexander the whole time , Eliza and Peggy - gotta love the Schuyler sisters , Laffy ! - with his height he was easy to spot . Is that it ? Oh no . I see Herc with his girlfriend . She's a short brunette that loves to draw and I ship them so much ! (cough Angela cough) There's of course other people but I don't recognize them .

"Ladies and gentleman !" jesus christ ! Warn me next time ! I just quickly re-positioned myself and faced Jefferson . He winked at me and I just stared at him unamused yet he just smirked . What is his plan ? What's his purpose ? Just ,what is he doing in general ?

"You choulda been anywhere in the world tonight , but you're here with us in New York City . Are you ready for a cabinet meeting !?" dammnnn , now I'm pumped for this ! Washington really made this sound exiting !

"The issue on the table : Secretary Hamilton's plan to assume state debt and establish a national bank " heh , I have full confidence in Alexander considering the country's economy . I can totally debate this ... hold up ... I was never told this was the topic of the debate ! Oh , what the hell !

"Secretary Jefferson , you  have the floor , sir ..." time to see what you can Jefferson ...... AND STOP LOOKING AT ME !

"Life , liberty and the pursuit of happiness . We fought for these ideals we shouldn't settle for less ! These are wise words , enterprising man quote 'em . Don't act surprised , you guys , cuz I wrote 'em " Madison added a 'owwww' in the background . Madds . Ma boi . What are you doing ?

If I pay attention to this I will just get fired up ... orrrrrr I can just not listen and enjoy some peace and day dream ... sigh . Dammit ! I can't because of the meeting later !

"Not true!" wait what happened ...? Is Madison ... taking notes ? Yes ! I can read over them and not be clueless . Sheeeeesh he looks angry writing . I mean , just look at that quill . It's moving so fast !

 So Jefferson's points are

-Don't tax the south

-Lexi's plan is bad

-Too many pages ...

-Something about the tea tax

Oh ! The crowd seems to love their alcohol . Not that I don't agree though .

"Thomas . That was a real nice declaration . Welcome to the present , we're running a real nation . Would you like to join us , or stay mellow ? Doin' whatever the hell is you do in Monticello ?" I let an 'OHHHHH' along with a few other people and my glance slipped past Jefferson's . Even though I has only a snipped of him I could tell he was low-key embarrassed but still managing his cocky self .  

"If we assume state debts , the union gets a new line of credit , a financial diuretic .. How do you not get it ?" Ohhhhhh , hitting them with the rhetorical questions ! "If we're aggressive and competitive the union gets a boost . You's rather give it a sedative ? A civics lesson from a slaver . Hey neighbor ! Your debts are paid cuz you don't pay for labor . "We plant seeds in the South . We create " yeah , keep rating . We know who's really doing the planting ..." OHHHHHH !!!!! A way to end !!!!! As I'm doing a little dance in my head for Alexander he turns around and gives me a meaningful smirk . Heh , he's signaling for me to get up there .

As I'm standing up from my seat besides the stage and the fun begins "And another thing , 'Mr Age of Enlightenment' " there's no way I'm missing out on doing air quotations with my fingers as I make my way in front of Jefferson and cross my arms and tried overwhelming his cockiness with mine  " Don't lecture me about the war " and I made a step closer to him "you didn't fight in it ! You think I'm frightened of you , man !? We almost died in the trench WHILE you were off getting high with the French !" I linked my point to one of Alexander's for that extra reaction from the audience . That's what the cabinet meeting are for ya . A lil bit of politics and a lot of roasts .

"Thomas Jefferson , always hesitant with the president . Reticent - there isn't a plan he doesn't jettison ..." I say with nothing more than mockery and I feel Alexander charge next to me and point at Madison .

Sheeeesh . Lexi got mad . He cursed out both Madison and Jefferson . Washington broke whatever was going apart and went to speak with Hamilton and that's when the opposing team began chanting how Alexander needs congressional approval but he doesn't have the votes . We finished . Why do they keep going ?

To prevent this going any further I death glared Jefferson which he definitely noticed and looked away . "Such a blunder sometimes it makes me wonder why I even bring the thunder " I caught him saying and Madison. ugh . UGH . In about two hours I have to remember this . Oh yea ! Madison's notes !

I make my way towards Jefferson and Madison and when I tell you Madison was about to lose it - he was . Just keep it casual and I might be safe "Yo Madds . I saw you making some notes - may I take a look at them ?" he knows what my job is and I do look over people's documents very often so he should be somewhat reasonable "So you could argue against them too ! I think not ! How dare you speak to Thomas like that ! You are a mere woman ! " okay what ? I'm confused . I guess since Alex touched on his health so he was pissed . Though I must give him credit . If I was in his place Alexander would need to brace for a few hours of debating . Not even debating - arguing .

Jefferson's POV

I noticed Y/n coming up to us ever so gracefully . She might have sass , but she also has class ~ Sadly she paid no attention to me and spoke to James asking for his notes. Though - I'm still unsettled . Why was she a part of the cabinet meeting ? Such a hypocrite - she didn't fight in the war either ! There's only one woman that took part in the war ! The General ~ Thinking about her made me sigh dreamily . I've only heard stories from Lafayette and overheard several soldiers . I was shocked at first . Women shouldn't be on the battlefield however from what I know she handled herself so well . The first female general . " You are a mere woman ! "was the phrase that parted me with my day dreaming . Once actually realizing what Madison has said I gasped . I've gained so much respect towards women because of the general and I know if that was said to her I would throw that person across the sea . "Madison !" I scolded James and took a glance at the person he would say such a thing to . Y/n . What did she even do ? "What sort of devil has gotten into you ? You're the most calm and reserved person I know ! And I traveled across the sea to France !"Why am I defending her exactly? "You're right . I'm not usually like this - it's just Hamilton that got on my nerves , I guess . I am truly sorry Y/n , of course you can borrow my notes" there we go . Everything's settled .

Y/n begun her way to her office , maybe . When she was walking forwards she half turned - enough to give us one last look and with her free hand she threw a friendly wave at us "Bye gents ! See ya at the office "

Even though it was a considerably sunny day - the sun seemed to get even brighter ...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 355 53
This is my first x reader. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ This fluffy fanfic is another college AU that no one wanted. You go to the same college as (B...
11.6K 329 17
Y/n Washington. The son of George Washington himself. Y/n found it rather easy to get to quite high status within the army, being the general's son a...
132K 3.2K 32
You were George Washington's daughter, and when Thomas Jefferson came back home in 1789, you were beyond excited. You heard about all of the good thi...
6.5K 510 28
Sorry for being so late to write this! I had to feed my pet turtles. Anyways, you're probably interested in the plot of my book, right? I'd been Ale...