all of our angles.

By lucciyee

Regine Washington has been labeled incorrectly all her life. She's got a great body; she's a hoe. She has a g... More

chapter one: "change locations"
chapter two: "hey, girl!"
chapter three: "coincidence"
chapter five: "is it tho?"
chapter six: "BFF"
chapter seven: "Nana's new baby"
chapter eight: "Equals"

chapter four: "know you"

240 23 4
By lucciyee

ALL OF OUR ANGLES: CHAPTER FOUR

/ "KNOW YOU"

Regine tapped her pen on her notebook as she waited for the last ten minutes of class to go by. She wasn't eager to leave class at all, she was just nervous to meet up with Meech. After the two had a long conversation in a private corner at the kickback three days ago, they spent hours chatting it up in the front seat of his BMW as they went crazy on some Popeyes.

After he made sure she got back to her place safely he got her number and for the past two days they'd been talking non-stop. Today after class he wanted to take her out and to say that Regine was nervous about it was an understatement.

Regine hadn't placed herself back on the market in a long time. After her last relationship went wrong, Regine decided to focus on herself, especially since she knew she would soon be going forward to college. It was about to be her first year and she felt that she really had no time to be focused on anyone other than herself. This was almost like new for her, she felt like this was another high school crush seeing as how nervous she was to be alone with him. Meech hadn't given her anything to worry about so far; He seemed as though his mind was in the right place and his priorities were in order.

Glancing behind her, she tried to sneak a glance at him only to find him already looking at her. Embarrassed by being caught, Regine offered up a small smile only to be met back with a smirk. He winked at her before mouthing "Pay attention" making her playfully roll her eyes and shake her head.

How the hell am I gonna get through a whole date with him?

On the other hand, Meech was excited to take Regine out. There weren't too many females that caught his eye these days and Regine had definitely succeeded in stealing his attention. It took him a while to truly develop feelings for someone but it was no doubt to him that he was willing to keep dealing with Regine and eventually proceed to a romantic level.

Meech didn't like to jump directly into the romance portion when he was looking at a female. To him, he'd rather develop a strong friendship beforehand, and luckily for him, Regine agreed. There was no sense in trying to hurry and be someone's lover without getting to know them first. That bond was better than the title. Regine seemed like she was a cool lil yeah to kick it with and he was more than willing to find out.

Not only was she fine, but she looked like she had her shit together. He'd find out though.

"Alright kiddos, enjoy the rest of your weeks, be back for class on Tuesday on time or I will lock y'all asses out." Their professor said with a smile as she dismissed them.

"This crazy lady a trip." Meech heard someone mumble. Lightly chuckling, Meech shook his head then made his way towards Regine. He smiled as he watched her pack up all of her belongings. During class, he'd caught her staring at him frequently out of the corner of his eye and by the way she was fidgeting right now he figured she might have been a bit nervous.

"Wassup pretty?" He whispered as he creeped up on the side of her.

"Oh my goodness, you scared me," Regine chuckled as she jumped at his voice. "Don't do that boy."

"What I told you about dat boy word? I'm a man baby."

Playfully rolling her eyes, Regine gave him another slight laugh and shook her head. "Are you ready to have my attention now?"

"Actually yeah, I am. I ain't been in front of a pretty lady in a minute."

"Boy please," Regine waved him off as she stood up, grabbing her things. The two began to walk together towards the door, Meechie in the lead since he knew their destination. "All these pretty chicks I been seeing I'm sure you be seeing them too."

"I said lady... these hoes some bitches." He shrugged. "They sloppy, don't care about themselves."

"And you think I do?"

"It may have only been a few days but lil mama, I know you do."

Smiling, Regine looked down at her shoes trying to hide her blush. Meechie noticed and wanted to tell her not to look down when she was with him but decided not to speak on it just yet.

"I hope you'on mind walking. The place I wanna go ain't far and ion wanna waste no gas, you feel me?"

"Yeah, that's fine. Can we stop by my car tho? I wanna drop my bag off and grab my purse."

"You such a girl." Meech laughed, "But yes ma'am, you lead da way."

After stopping by Regine's car, the duo made their way three blocks down to a nearby museum. 'Black by Black 2' was an art museum that focused on and showcased the art of black culture by black folks. It peaked Meechie's interest a couple of years ago and he went frequently, as the art changed often. Not only could you go in and look at exhibits but you could buy them, and sell your own art to the museum. Meechie came here to stimulate his mind, to see how he perceived things, and today he wanted to see how Regine's mind worked. Especially about black culture.

Opening the door for her, Meechie stepped to the side as he let her walk in first. "Come on dis way," he said as he grabbed her hand in his and led the way to the VIP entrance.

"Ah, Mr. Simpson, how nice to see you." The clerk spoke with a smile.

"Mista Walka," Meechie smiled as he stretched out his words. "Ain't it nice ta see you, how the Mrs.?"

"Getting on my damn nerves son, boy I'a wrangle her ass up if she wa'nt the love of my life. Who's this pretty lil lady wit you?"

"This is Regine, Regine this is Mr. Walker, he's been here since this place opened."

"Hi," she shyly smiled at him, scooting closer to Meechie unintentionally. "It's nice to meet you."

"Don't be hiding girl!"

"Mista Walka ion know why she hiding. She be cussing and shit." Meechie said, making Regine look at him with wide eyes.

"Wow," she said with a laugh.

"Same thing I said the first time I got caught cheatin', she bad, I can tell." Mr. Walker said shaking his head. "Here I go thankin' maybe she a good lil pretty lady."

"Right. Niggas favorite word afta they get caught always 'wow', she know she wrong." Meechie said looking down at Regine with a fake disappointed black mother look.

"I can't believe you two are really cracking down on me like this."

"Damn shame, I know you know betta too," Mr. Walker added on with a healthy laugh, "Alright na, y'all two gon' in and have fun. Stop by the restaurant when you can boy, Arnettis would love ta see you, her annoying ass be asking about you like she popped you out her own pussy."

Catching her by surprise, Mr. Walker earned himself a shocked expression from Regine, making Meechie laugh as he guided her through the metal detector doors.

"He is a fool, I can already tell. But, what exactly is this?" Regine asked as she began to spot paintings and sculptures.

"This is Black by Black 2, my favorite museum. Nothing but black. Afro Cuban black, Africa, Dominican Black, all that shit. Love, hate, growth, entertainment. Everything in this place is centered 'round colored people."

"So, you're definitely into things like black society, and African American studies?"

"Most definitely, I'm actually taking that class at my school."

Frowning her face up Regine looked at him a little strange. "At your school?"

"Yeah, I go to Clark Atlanta," Meechie laughed, "But the class that we have together was overfilled and since the two colleges are so close, I was allowed to take it at GSU."

"Wow," Regine nodded. "I wouldn't have guessed that. You've been coming here a long time?"

"Yeah, and very often as well. Dis place give me like... iono, chills. But the good kind. Like, look, what you thank bout dis?" He asked, pulling her over to one of his favorite paintings of the month. This had been his third time coming in the past two weeks and he was happy that this was still here.

"This is beautiful," Regine whispered as she stared in awe, "So simple but it holds so much. He's her strength and she's his weakness. But either way, they stand tall as one."

It wasn't often that Regine went out, especially not on dates, and especially not with handsome black boys who loved black people as much as she did. To say Regine was satisfied was an understatement, she was impressed which wasn't usual for her, and it was only the beginning!

Meechie smiled down at her. "Facts. I think women run the world, especially our Black Queens."

Regine looked up at him and matched his smile. "And I think we run the world so hard for our black men, our Kings."

***

"So you have two sisters?"

"Yuh." Meechie nodded, wiping his mouth. "They be on my nerves but I luh dem."

Regine smiled, thinking about Junior. She missed him already.

I need to call Juni when I get back.

After the pair enjoyed over two hours at Black by Black 2, Regine's hunger attitude was starting to show so Meechie quickly directed them to a local soul food restaurant. He'd ordered some jambalaya, cornbread, greens, and corn while Regine enjoyed two clusters of crab legs, potatoes, sausage, black-eyed peas, and fries. They were still lightly snacking on their food but for the most part the two were done and just sitting and talking. Meech had already pre-paid even after Regine's cries to let her pay since he paid for the museum.

"All of you are close?"

"We all twisted togetha like a pretzel." He said, making Regine laugh.

"A pretzel? Yeah, I'm dead."

Giving her a manly giggle, Meechie nodded his head. "Yeah, we all close. It's my brother, then the twins, then me."

"That's so cool, I've always wanted twins. I have twins cousins and they're like the cutest."

"Well, if you act right den maybe you can get you some twins."

"Oop." Regine said, raising her eyebrows at him.

Laughing, Meechie took a sip of his water, before giving his attention back to her. "Facts. You cool so far, I fuck wit you."

"Oh really?"

Licking his bottom, Regine watched as his eyes lustfully roamed over her body. She rotated her right shoulder in a circular motion in a failed attempt to play off the chills he'd just sent down her back. Regine wasn't used to being with someone and getting so affected by the simple things they did, but Meechie did things without doing it purposely. At that moment, Regine felt a tingle of nervousness because of how quickly he'd been able to get her feeling some type of way.

"Yeah, pretty lady, in dis la small amount of time you then succeeded in grabbing my attention, witcho gorgeous ass."

"You're very.... complementative."

"Is dat een a word?" Meechie asked while giving her a Nick Young look.

Regine shrugged, "If it isn't, it is now."

Shaking his head, he gave her a small smile. "Yea, I'll be complentative but you'on know how to take my compliments anyways, so imma keep saying 'em 'til you get comfortable."

"How you figure that?"

"Every time I say sum' you look at yo crusty ass feet, or to the opposite side, anywhere but me."

"Nice observations." Regine mumbled as she pouted. Of course, she knew she was beautiful, but she was so used to people always having something to say that she didn't know how to properly accept compliments from people she actually had interest in.

"Come on," He said, pushing his chair back and getting up. Regine scurried to follow his actions, making sure she wiped her mouth with her lap napkin before picking up her bag and walking to Meechie's side.

"Where we going now? You tryna keep me all out night for yourself?"

"If I could keep you fa the week to myself, I would. But ion think you'd eva wanna go home afta that." He spoke, looking down at her with a devious, lip-biting, smirk as he pulled his lightly sagging pants up some.

If only this girl knew how fine she was.

***

feeling like this chapter had a little more potential to be a bit longer. But, I like it, I spent a while writing and re-writing this so i really hope you all enjoy them. I don't want to feel like i'm rushing their relationship, but it may seem like it's going quickly because i'm not really trying to be adding any (unnecessary) additional information if it doesn't contribute to them in any way.

but, how you liking it so far ladies? or gentleman. are the characters contradicting or confusing? i'd hope not yet bc we're not even in there good yet. / btw, this book won't be like... super long, i'm working on another project so i kind of cut the length and complete ideas of this book back so that i could eventually flow into my next project easily.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

387K 9.6K 63
A girl name (Y/N) had moved into the neighbour hood, Mystreet. She made some friends, including guy friends. What she don't know, she's about to have...
1.2M 37K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
1.6M 37.5K 31
People say that love is in every corner... looks like Riley's been walking in circles. You see, Riley is a proud tomboy and she loves being one of th...
281K 8.6K 34
"Are you Gabriel Trudeau?" she said, studying my face. "It's just Gabe." I corrected her. "And you are?" "I'm Aiden, I'm your tutor." "Things just go...