Quick Transmigration to Chara...

By XiaoSunXun

Bound to a system without his consent, our MC begins his world-hopping journey. In the first world, MC: Oi, y... More

{ P R O L O G U E }
{ FIRST ARC : BABY, BABY, BABY OH~ }
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
{ SECOND ARC : I'D RATHER BE A LOVER THAN A FIGHTER }
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7

Chapter 6

16.7K 714 146
By XiaoSunXun

(Above image depicts Yu Shuren and Yan Jianhong)

When Li Ming wakes up the next day, he finds a five-bat (1) hand-carved pendant lying on his chest. The exquisite aquamarine pendant is secured with a black thread looped around his neck. A warm sensation seems to emit from this object.

Right on cue, Xiao Hong explains that the pendant is, in actuality, carved from a high-grade spiritual rock. Compared to the golden spiritual rock has absorbed by accident, this one is ten times richer in spiritual energy. [Master, please don't absorb it.] The red system repeats its advice from yesterday.

"My man gave it to me?" Li Ming, after releasing once yesterday, has been a bit out of it. He isn't too sure if Hou Fang is the one who has slipped this gift for him.

[Yes, Master. Before your beloved left, he tied the pendant to your neck.]

Li Ming fiddles with the necklace and a charming smile blossoms on his face. It seems that his beloved has not forgotten to give him a gift. I hope he likes my return gift then. That return gift costs him 30,000 points from the system store. It is a dark-colored cuff bracelet inlaid with ruby-like gems. This expensive item, according to the description, is a low-tier artifact capable of enhancing the user's alertness up to 30% and buffing the user's energy up to 30% when it is almost depleted. Another function is it's automatic response in countering any weapons from a minor world. Since Li Ming has already given the general a modified lancer, he thinks that a defensive armament is a necessity.

Li Ming has no idea that this "low-level weapon" will become an important heirloom of the Hou family. Of course, this is a story in the future.

The rest of the New Year, the resting second young master turns away all the visiting relatives. They have heard of the emperor's generous gifting so they come and bother him, wanting to see the treasures. Li Ming thinks that this is definitely not the right attitude of a rich and proper family. They are so damn nosy. Have they never seen gold and gems in vast quantities? Li Ming is sick of them!

[Master, it is not that they want to see the gold, rather they want to know what is inside that small box. They think there is something important inside.] Xiao Hong explains.

The dark-haired youth rubs his nose. Important doesn't even cover it. That thing is a symbol of the emperor's goodwill and favor. And Li Ming has accidentally turned it to ash. Aiya.

-----

The discovery of the spiritual rocks leads back to over a decade ago. A governor from an obscure territory in the southern province has attended the annual banquet in the imperial palace. That territory is small compared to its neighbors. However, the reason it is never assimilated with the other territories and why the governor can keep his position is due to the richness of its land. Every year, the governor presents several crates of mined and refined minerals to the emperor.

That year, the governor has mentioned of discovering a new mining site that produces several colored rocks. However, those rocks, when compared to those used for jewelry and other adornments, lack in lustre and appearance. He still dutifully reports this to the person who sits on the dragon throne and respectfully hands over a few samples.

The Emperor Yan Long has then commended the hard-working governor and has generously reduced their tax by 2%. It is only after a year that the emperor discovers that those rocks may not be ordinary after all.

One time, the crown prince has snuck in the treasure room, stumbling on a crate of dull-looking rocks. He sniffs at their ugly appearance, kicking the box before turning away. A cyan-colored rock falls out and Yan Jianhong, with a guilty look, picks it up.

"Your highness, you should not be here," the Head Eunuch's high pitch voice has resounded inside the room, causing the skulking youth to inwardly panic.

Yan Jianhong has quickly shoved the piece of mineral in his sleeves before arrogantly raising his chin. "Benwang entered the wrong room. That is all."

Yao Li, the Head Eunuch, has stifled a smile before ushering the awkward yet adorable young prince out of the room.

Pouting and sulking, Yan Jianhong has thrown the rock on the lotus pond, scaring the small birds resting on the side.

The next day, a commotion has awaken the whole palace at the crack of dawn. People have discovered gigantic lotus plants in one of the ponds. Rumors have spread that a deity has descended and blessed the lotus plants. Some servants have even piously kowtowed and prayed before the giant lotuses.

It is only after a week when Yan Jianhong has remembered throwing the rock there and has this insane idea that the rock must be spiritual. So he boasts in front of his emperor-father and the Grand Tutor who just happens to be there. The two esteemed men only humor the then nine-year old crown prince. Yan Jianhong puffs his cheeks and turns his head away when he sees that  his emperor-father is clearly unbelieving.

Unbeknownst to him, Emperor Yan Long has ordered a few trusted servants to relocate those crates in the underground facility of the Imperial University. He asks a familiar friend who is a professor there to study those rocks. The emperor isn't really hopeful or expectant but, as it turns out, those dull minerals have extraordinary effect. They are not exactly spiritual but can be considered magical and miraculous. Based on an extensive research and experimentation, they have found out that the minerals can boost a plant's vitality. A crop that usually grows and is harvested after six months, when watered with a solution of a powdered mineral and water, can be collected after one day and one night. Other plants show terrifying growth after receiving the same treatment. 

When the professor has first witnessed this with his own eyes, he... has fainted. Too miraculous!

The emperor has issued a gag order on all personnel who are involved with the project. He calls for the Grand Marshall and the Unit Commander and they decide to keep things in hush. The miners are going to mine the same way as before. However, a group of elite soldiers from the Hou infantry will have to pose as miners and collect the minerals as well as covertly transport them to a safe and secured place.

Things, nonetheless, don't usually go as planned. Despite their carefulness, one faction has gotten wind of this and has even involved King Deng Yin. The so-called invasion in the west ten years ago is nothing but a ruse, a diversion to hide the enemy's real objective. The scarred king has incessantly harassed the Yan soldiers by attacking and suddenly retreating; surprise raids; attempting to cut off supply routes; kidnapping and involving civilians. For a period of ten years, a guerrilla warfare between General Su and King Deng Yin has taken place.

The White Tiger General is beyond frustrated. "Fuck your mom! This ancestor will show you how invading is done!" Thus, the White Tiger battalion has invaded the enemy and successfully captured the kingdom. "Bring me that bad egg(2)!" he hollers, eyes blazing with fury.

When a dark-robed figure is thrown at his feet, General Su mercilessly thrashes the other while cursing a mile.

"General, you should stop," a nondescript soldier murmurs on the side.

"What?" General Su directs his livid eyes on the rigidly standing man.

Unperturbed, the soldier walks closely and bends down to lift the battered face on the ground. "This person is not King Deng Yin."

"What?" dumbfounded, General Su studies the pitiful figure and curses. Once again, he starts thrashing the king's double, venting his frustrations and dissatisfaction.

-----

After seven days of celebrating and relaxing, courtiers and civil servants return to their post. Shops and other establishments are also open for business. The market is crowded in the morning with hard-working men and women. The early-rising peddlers join in the fray.

Inside the Yu residence, Li Ming watches Yu Shuren's back as he leaves for the morning's court session. This big brother of his has steadily climbed from a ninth-ranking minister in the Ministry of Justice to a well-deserved sixth rank over the years. And the little brother is, without a doubt, full of pride.

Feeling a piercing glare on his person, his tranquil eyes shift on a skinny man who promptly changes his expression. Li Ming smirks, deliberately provoking the other. Xiao Hong congratulates his master for learning how to court death.

Du Ah, Du Ah. I wonder how long you can endure~

"Young master Huan, your parents and the elders are requesting your presence in the ancestral hall," informs Shao Lei.

The second young master raises an eyebrow, his face expressing confusion. Shao Lei looks around before saying in a hushed voice. "They seem to want to discuss about your marriage."

Rubbing the hidden pendant inside his white robes, Li Ming nods and makes his way to the ancestral hall which is a bit distance away from his own courtyard. After fifteen minutes, he greets those old people by bowing and seats on a padded cushion.

"Xiao Huan, how are you feeling?" his mother asks with a worrying look when she notices the youth's pallor. She must have momentarily forgotten that her second child is mute as she waits for his reply.

Everyone: "..."

The mother can not be fully blamed. She has never really interacted with Yu Huan. Moreover, Li Ming purposefully neglects to bring his paper and pencil in order to justly ignore these rotten people.

Someone coughs and moves on to the main topic. Yu Xieren reveals a papyrus. "Son, I have here an imperial edict. You are to marry the first-born of the Hou family, General Hou Fang."

Xiao Hong watches as his master reveals a timely expression of shock, followed by joy, and then bewilderment. Watching all those movies in the previous world is not in vain! The system gives a thumbs up.

"I know that you are closed with the Hou family and has no problem with marrying into them." The Yu patriarch continues. "As one of the major pillars of the empire, the Hou family will not mistreat you. You will have their support and backing. In the future, if there comes a time when the Yu family faces trouble, you must help as one who possesses the Yu blood. Never forget your roots."

Li Ming clenches his hands but obediently nods.

Smiling at the well-behaved child, Yu Xieren thinks that this son is very docile. "Good, very good. However, your body is still recuperating and may need at least two more months before you completely recover from the poison's residual effect. Furthermore, your brother, Shuren, is the first son and successor of the family." You Xieren trains his dark brown eyes on the youth. "Don't you think that you marrying first is not giving your brother any face?"

Li Ming's right eye twitches a bit.

"This father knows how you and Shuren are very close." He takes out a folded paper. "If you value your relationship with your brother, present this letter to the emperor."

Li Ming communicates with the system to ask about the letter's content.

[Master, the letter is basically telling the emperor that you can not marry your beloved until Yu Shuren weds.]

Nevermind not giving his brother a face, isn't this letter essentially slapping the emperor's face?!

A servant brings the letter to him but Li Ming doesn't dare to accept it. One of his uncles has an unpleasant look on his face. "What is wrong? Why don't you accept the letter?"

Li Ming effortlessly stays quiet.

Bai Wei frowns and tries to coax her second child. "Xiao Huan, do not worry. Your father will ask the emperor for you to meet him. You only need to greet His Majesty and give him the letter. You don't have to do anything else."

Your son is mute, not a retard!

When the second young master still refuses to move, one of his uncles stands up. He snatches the letter and shoves it on the child's bosom. However, he might have used too much force as Yu Huan stumbles backward and coughs up blood. Some people cry out in shock and are alarmed when the child passes out.

Bai Wei runs to her son's side and orders the servant to send for a physician. Yu Xieren kneads his aching forehead. Still useless.

A physician arrives after half an hour and examines the youth. He has heard of this young man's condition from the imperial physician so he soon finishes checking the patient. Releasing the pale wrist, he proceeds to tell them with a neutral expression that the young man is very fragile at the moment. "He can not be stressed out or make any strenuous movement. If possible, confine him on the bed."

Yu Xieren and his wife watch as a servant effortlessly carries their son back to his own courtyard. "Husband, what are we going to do now?"

"If you have not given birth to a weak child, then we will not have this problem," fumes Yu Xieren.

Eyes bulging in resentment, Bai Wei retorts. "If you have not brought that evil woman into this household, then none of this would have happened!"

SLAP!

Bai Wei clutches her now reddening cheek. Tears start pooling in the corner of her eyes.

"Do not use that tone on me," Yu Xieren heartlessly throws in and exits the room. He needs to consult this matter with his father, the Grand Tutor. He may occupy the highest seat in the Ministry of Finance, nonetheless, he still needs valid reason and a token to enter the imperial grounds. He takes out a gold metal plaque and the guards respectfully bow before him.

When Yu Xieren enters the study, he catches his father's, Yu Zhengren, pensive mood. He dares not disturb this old man. He patiently waits on the side.

Blinking his wise and olden eyes, Yu Zhengren signals for his son to serve him tea. After sipping, his parched throat feels a little better. "What have you come here for, Xieren?"

"Father, this child needs your help to find a suitable wife for Shuren," Yu Xieren frankly admits.

"Such trivial matter, why the need to consult this old man?"

Letting out a sigh, Yu Xieren says,"This unfilial son has let down father. My second son is to marry General Hou Fang. This is a blessing and a curse at the same time. While the Hou is a prestigious military family, our Yu family holds strong influence in the court. Our families are both balanced in terms of power and influence. However, I can not find a suitable candidate for Shuren's wife who can outmatch my second child's fiance."

(the Grand Tutor, Yu Zhengren)

Stroking his beard, the Grand Tutor nods before replying, "That is indeed true."

"That is why I implore father to make a match between Shuren and a princess of royal bloodline."

Hands trembling a little, Yu Zhengren does not reply for a long time. He knows more things than his son. He knows that the crown prince has the intention of keeping Shuren by his side. While this old man wants to dash that dream, now is not the right time. He can only delay things at the moment. "I will see who among the princesses qualify as my granddaughter-in-law."

Yu Xieren feels like a burden has been lifted as he thanks his father. Before he departs, the Grand Tutor asks him a peculiar question. "Does the general confine matters with your second child?" He shakes his head in negative and leaves.

-----

Around the same time, General Hou Fang is busy gathering materials and treasures for his betrothal gift. He is not yet informed that his Ah Huan has fainted.

Hou Tao, who is forcefully dragged by his older brother, stares blankly at the two objects. They're pretty much the same thing except the left one is decorated with sapphire gems and the right one with rubies.

"You looked after your sister-in-law for ten years, younger brother surely knows Ah Huan's taste by now," Hou Fang says as he eats his own vinegar(3).

Those things are buyao. I may call him sister-in-law but he is the manliest sister-in-law out there. He will never wear that girly accessory. Hou Tao points on the golden phoenix buyao with ruby eyes. He really wants to go back to the barracks and spar. The faster they finish shopping, the earlier he can hold his beloved weapons.

(A buyao with phoenix decor)

Nodding, as if he agrees with his wife's taste, the general buys the hair accessory. "Ok, let's go to the next shop."

Hou Tao inwardly cries.

-----

Meanwhile, inside a hidden room in the first prince's residence, five men and one woman are seated in front of a round table. The atmosphere is tense and a little suffocating.

"Your Highness, our troop in the south are almost completely eradicated," reports a bearded robust man. "Some who managed to escape are either in the brink of death or incapacitated."

"Useless!" roars a furious Yan Guanyu and hurls a porcelain cup on the man's head. "Benwang invested a lot of resources and money on those bandits. Did you not say that they had high martial art skills? Then why the hell were they easily defeated?"

The larger man doesn't even bat an eyelid when the cup has smashed on his head. "Answering Your Highness, according to the few survivors, a group of strong and masked men ambushed them when they were traveling towards the capital. They used bizarre concealed weapons. I surmise that this group may belong to the Unit Commander's shadow corp."

"Damn it!" curses the first prince. Why does every time he makes a move, someone else perfectly counters him? There must be a spy among his people. He observes all his allies and doesn't think that any one of them can betray him.

"Your Highness," a sultry voice calls out. "There is no need to fret over a few number of lawless bandits. We can easily recruit some mercenaries when the time comes."

The other individuals nod at the woman's suggestion. Yan Guanyu inwardly curses. They say that easily because the money doesn't come from their own pocket. He massages his temple and asks for the minerals' whereabouts. The last trail has been in the capital. When no one answers him, he laughs harshly. "All of you are useless. Why does Benwang even bother to keep you all if you only know how to eat but don't work?"

The only woman in the crowd stands up. Her sexy body seductively sways as she makes her way on the first prince's side. She places her smooth and pale as jade hands on those broad shoulders. She begins massaging the furious man while saying in an enticing voice, "Your Highness, this servant has heard that General Hou Fang favors his future bride. Why don't we capture the said bride and use him as bargaining chip?"

"Ah, the wastrel offspring of Yu Xieren. Capturing him will not be difficult. This plan may work," one of the men seconds.

Yu Guanyu contemplates before giving his assent. "This is the capital. We have more enemies than allies here. Make sure when you act, nothing will be traced back to Benwang."

They all nod and start to leave until only two figures are left in the room. "Benwang has sheltered you for three years. Don't you think it is about time to show your usefulness, former King Deng Yin?"

Disguised to appear like a twenty something youth, Deng Yin smiles unaffectedly. "First prince, do not be impatient. My men are working hard to establish communication with the Song Empire. As you know, traveling there from here takes at least five months on horse and another month on boat. From the last missive I got, they should be arriving at the Song's northern border in a few weeks."

Yan Guanyu snorts. "Can your men even receive an audience with the Song emperor?"

Deng Yin sweeps a cold glare at the other man. "Rest assured, those men will not fail me or you."

-----

Xiao Hong faithfully relays all that have been discussed inside the hidden chamber to his master.

As the mastermind responsible for whittling down the first prince's forces as well as cornering Deng Yin, the laidback Li Ming plays with his favorite pendant. "Oh, they dare to make a move against me?"

[Master, do you want this system to leave a message for Hou Ru about the enemy's plan to kidnap you?] the red ball volunteers, already used to sending secret messages to the Unit Commander.

Li Ming hums and closes his eyes. "No need. My man can handle them."

Xiao Hong shuts up.

"Keep an eye on those people on their way to the neighboring empire. Make sure they arrive safely and meet the emperor."

The little system agrees before voicing the question that's been bugging him. [Master, isn't it a better idea to dispose those people and to avoid trouble with the Song empire?]

Li Ming smiles mischievously and refuses to enlighten the puzzled system.

Author's Note:

(1) five bats - in China, they symbolize five blessings (health, wealth, long life, love of virtue, peaceful death)

(2) bad egg - Chinese curse word; means wicked or downright bad person

(3) eat vinegar - being jealous

This chapter is still short since it is supposed to be the other half of Chapter 5. No smut, all plot. <(¬0¬)>

Oh I read some comments about why MC moans when he's mute. _(:3」∠)_  Mute people can cough, groan, and pronounce vowels to some extent. Google it. So MC moaning isn't really surprising...?

And I have news! Once I finish the second arc, I will start publishing by arc. My other story, Sing me to Sleep, is going to have weekly updates instead. Do read that if you are interested. It has already one chapter published.

I am also dumping this list here. It helps me remembers who is who (・ω・)v

CHARACTERS

Li Ming - MC

Xiao Hong - system

Yu Huan - MC's body

Yu Shuren - MC's bro, 5 yrs older than YH

Yu Xieren - MC's father

Yu Wen - MC's and YS' half-bro; enemy

Yu Zhengren - Grand Tutor

Hou Fang - ML, 12 yrs older than LM

Hou Tao - YS' friend, ML's younger bro; dark purple hair

Hou Xuefeng - Grand Marshal, ML's grandpa

Hou Ru - Unit Commander, ML's father

Yan Long - emperor

Du Ah - YS' bodyguard from orig plot

Yan Guanyu - First prince, 3 yrs older than crown prince

Yan Jianhong - crown prince, 1 yr younger than YS; alexandrite eyes

Deng Yin- neighbor king, enemy; hates the Hou

Bai Jie - LM's and YS' tutor

Yao Li - head eunuch

Bai Wei - Yu madam; YS and YH's mom

Bonus: Hou Tao and his sister-in-law Yu Huan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 2.6K 17
Book #1 of DESTINY'S ALIGNMENT SERIES *ο½₯゚゚ο½₯*:.q..q.:*゚:*:βœΌβœΏγ€€γ€€πŸͺ„ "Shut up" "Your lips please ma'am" "What do you want? " "You, your love " "What...
102K 1.8K 44
Sweet Romantic (Loose Trilogy #2) Failure and disappointment are the hardest things that she's afraid to achieve. Amaryllis Raine Lozano, a girl ful...
508K 24K 42
Needs editing [ the destiny series #1] 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒑𝒖𝒔𝒉𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž 𝒂𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒃𝒖𝒕 π’…π’†π’”π’•π’Šπ’π’š π’‚π’ˆπ’‚π’Šπ’ 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒅 π’•π’‰π’†π’Ž π’•π’π’ˆ...
46.9K 2.7K 47
M/n, a victim of bullying who took his own life, got a chance to be reborn as Vasilyev Konstantin, a Russian political figure in the world of lookism...