Love, RASTRO

By theonewhostaysuplate

One-shot stories ng pinakamamahal na loveteam. More

Wanderer (1)
Wanderer (2)
Gone in the Wind
The Proposal (1)
The Proposal (2)
One Last
⚠Promotion⚠
Must Read!
Airport Misfortune
Airport Misfortune (2)
Airport Misfortune (3)
Airport Misfortune (Bonus)

The Proposal (3)

1.1K 53 5
By theonewhostaysuplate

I pressed the send button and kept my phone in my purse. I don't need to hold on to it and check any reply from her. I'm confident that she got what I meant with that message and that she will come here.

I looked at the scenic view laid before my eyes. I've always loved city lights. It somehow becomes the light in the dark. It reminds me that there is beauty even in darkness. Actually, it was her who introduced to me that thought. I always thought before that the night brings loneliness to every soul but she has showed me a different perspective of life. Since then, she has been my light in the world full of darkness.

I'm such a mess right now. Just as I thought that liquor could fucking erase whatever this heavy feeling in my chest, I'm pretty wrong. It's just making things worse. Is there any other way to forget all the problems in the world?

"There isn't. Forgetting problems won't do any good. It'll just keep on coming back." A woman spoke beside me. I didn't notice her earlier. What is she talking abou"I-I'm sorry?" I don't know what to say. Heck, I don't even know if she was talking to me.

"You were asking if there's any way to forget problems but truth be told, there's none." Did I say that out loud? Ughhh!

"The best thing to do is to face the problems. It can be rough road but I'm sure you'll get there. If things didn't work out well, at least you are a brave soul who tried...not someone who just cowardly hide," she continued. I'm not in the mood to hear a pep talk but I guess I could use some company.

Oh wow. She's actually a beautiful human being. She has a glowing skin that radiates even in the dark, a pointed nose that I kind of wanna pinch, a pair of eyes that pierces through one's soul, and those plump lips of hers that are very tempting...what the hell am I talking about? Shit...get a hold of yourself, Rhian.

"H-hey...did I offend you in some way?" the woman asked.

I was startled. I didn't know that I've been staring at her for a long time. "I-I...uhh...no...it's okay." Now you look like a fool.

A smile crept across her face. "Do you often go here?"

I shook my head. "It's my first time to be up here actually. This," I point out toward the surroundings, "this isn't my thing."

"Really?" she seems amused of my honesty. "I can't believe there are people who don't fancy being up high and seeing the world in a different perspective."

"It's not like that. I've been more of a ground person. I don't have the luxury of time to sightsee the city so that kinda made me not used to places like this."

"You're taking life seriously, lady. Go give yourself some credit and enjoy the little things in life. You deserve that." She gave a sweet smile while giving a tap on my shoulder.

I almost shivered when I felt her hand on my shoulder. She's giving me unexplainable feelings right now. I don't know if it was because of the alcohol, the talk, or her presence that makes me feel light. I feel so much better now. I could actyally stay here forever.

"Hey, Rhi! Let's go?" A friend came from behind.

I looked back to the woman with disappointment in my eyes. "Uhm...I-I have to go. Thanks for the talk....."

"Glaiza," she said as she reached out her hand.

I gladly accepted her hand and then again I felt different. "T-thanks again, Glaiza. Bye."

"Goodnight."

I started walking towards the opposite direction but I heard her voice from behind, "See you around, Rhian!" A smile crept up across my face.

"Have you messaged her already?" A voice broke my trance.

"I did," I replied. "But honestly, I'm not sure if she will show up."

In a quiet night where only the swoosh of the wind can heard, a chuckle reverberated. "Of course she will. Your worries are nonsense. I'm sure she'll be here any moment now."

I sighed. "Still, what if she got hurt? Or what if she hates me right now? Her proposal got ruined you know."

More laughter came out from the person who is now standing beside me. "Glaiza? Hating you? Pfttt. That's really impossible, Rhi. Remember that fight of yours that almost tore you two apart? She really got hurt but believe me, she never hated you."

"What are you saying?! Rhian, you don't have to do this! This idea of yours is crazy." Glaiza was furious. I've never seen her like this before.

"Glai, please, I have to do this for myself. And I know this is selfish that's why I'm giving you your freedom. I just want you to be happy...and you're not gonna find it from me." Tears are streaming down my face. The pain in my chest almost made it impossible for me to speak up.

"Can't you see, Rhi? I am complete when I am with you and that what makes me happy. You...you're my happiness, love." Glaiza broke down in tears. She dropped herself to the floor and hugged her knees.

I hate to see her cry more especially I'm the reason behind it. I wanted to hug her, caress her, tell her it's gonna be alright, but I stood still and let my heart out.

"I know it's gonna hurt....b-but I don't want to be selfish to keep you away from...from something that you n-need. B-but breaking up with me? It's too much." She moved closer to me and hugged my knees. In that moment, all I want to do is to pull her and kiss her pain away. I'm close to giving in.

"Please, love, don't do this."

Glaiza is hurt. I hurt her. I don't deserve her. She deserves better.

"Glai...I-I'm sorry," I said almost a whisper. I pulled myself from her hold and walked away.

"I know. Who would even follow a piece of shit like me to London and beg for me to come. back to her? But Glaiza is so pure. Even if I don't deserve her, she still chose me. It just made me even love her more." A faint smile appeared on my face.

"See? You know it. She will always choose you. So stop worrying and wait for the love of your life here. I'm just gonna go and check if everything's settled already." I smiled to acknowledge what she has said and she did the same before walking back inside. But before she could go inside, I called her out.

"Chynns?"

She stopped and looked back to my direction. "Yeah?"

"Thank you...for everything."

She beamed at me and said, "Always. For both of you." Then she went back inside, leaving me with high hopes.

○ ♡ ○ ♡ ○ ♡ ○ ♡ ○ ♡ ○

I immediately went down my car and sprinted off towards the hotel's entrance. The moment I received Rhian's message, I knew right away where she wants to meet me. The night I inevitably and helplessly fell in love with her. With just once glance, she has captured my heart and soul. Right then and there, I knew I wanted her to be part of my life. So that's what I did.

I can't explain how nervous I am right now. Wala akong ideya kung bakit gusto niya akong kitain sa lugar kung saan kami nagsimula. May balak ba siyang tapusin ang amin? Hindi naman siguro. I know she loves me as much as I love her. Pero bakit ngaba talaga? May importante ba siyang sasabihin sa akin? Eh pero bakit dito pa niya kailangang sabihin? I want to see her now para masagot na ang mga katanungan sa utak ko na kanina pa bumabagabag sa akin. Pero there's also a part of me that is afraid to know what she has to say. Hindi ko alam kung maganda ba ang magiging bunga nito.

I felt cold when the elevator opened to the hotel's 9th floor. Kung kanina ay gustong gusto ko na siyang makita, ngayon naman ay tila hindi ko maigalaw ang aking mga paa palabas ng elevator. The restaurant is empty pero nakaayos ang mga table. The restaurant is usually full on a saturday night. Baka naman nakareserved for a party? Eh bakit ako papapuntahin ni Rhian dito? Where is she by the way? Ah! Baka nasa labas siya. I walked towards the door to its terrace. Medyo naiilang pa ako kasi nga baka nakareserved talaga yung place pero heto ako ngayon, nanggugulo. As I opened the door, I immediately scanned the whole area to look for a familiar figure. Ang tahimik din dito sa labas. Napaka serene, just like night where I first met her. Ang tagal ko na rin pala hindi gumagawi dito ever since she left for London. Feeling ko kasi hindi kumpleto kung wala siya sa tabi ko kung pupunta man ako dito. I shook off my thoughts away and decided to focus right now. Feeling ko kasi reserved ang lugar ngayong gabi. I need to find Rhian and get out from this place right away.

Lumakad na ako ng tuluyan para hanapin ang kanina pa hinahanap ng aking mga mata. Hindi naman ako nabigo dahil mula sa likod ay kilalang kilala ko ang pigurang nakapwesto sa may railings. Sobrang ganda niya. I mean she has always been beautiful but tonight she looks beyond perfect just by standing there, holding a glass of champagne. Sobra sobra ang pasasalamat ko kay Lord dahil biniyayaan niya ako ng mala anghel na girlfriend. An angel inside and out. Nakatunganga lang ako habang pinagmamasdan siya nang palihim sa kanyang likuran. Wala na ata akong balak gumalaw sa kinatatayuan ko ngunit naramdaman niya ata na hindi siya nag iisa kaya napalingon siya sa kanyang likuran.

"Missed this?" she asked. Dahan dahan naman akong tumango.

"Me too, I missed being here with you. Ang tagal na rin pala since the last time we went here." Hindi ko alam ang isasagotkaya hinayaan ko na lamang siya ipagpatukoy ang kung anuman ang sasabihin niya.

She slowly walked towards my direction without breaking an eye contact. When she was finally in front of me, she brushed my hair that was slightly covering my face. "Akala ko hindi ka pupunta. Baka kasi nagtampo ka na hindi ako sumipot sa dinner date natin."

Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at sandaling hinalikan ito. "I came here as soon as I received your message. Traffic lang, lam mo na." I slightly chuckled. "Although I admit I'm kind of hurt that you didn't show up. Hindi ko naman alam that you had other plans. You could've told me." May himig tampo sa aking boses.

"Awwww. I'm sorry, my love. I just thought that this place would be better since we haven't been here for a long time. But yeah you're right. I should've told you earlier," she apologetically said while pouting.

Naalala ko bigla na baka nga may naka reserved na party dito kaya tinanong ko na si Rhian. "Uhm...love? Don't you think that this place is...you know...reserved for tonight? I mean, look around you."

She just smiled sweetly at me. "Don't worry about it love. Just a few more minutes. I just wanna spend this moment with you." With that, hinila niya ako palapit sa railings to get a better view of the city.

Naisip ko lang, bakit kaya hindi na lang dito ako mag propose? Screw my all my preparations. All that matters is us. Together. Right now. This is where our relationship started and I want to start our for keeps here as well. All I need is her and her 'yes'. I was gathering my thoughts when I heard her spoke.

"I never knew I would appreciate being high up here until I met you. I've always thought that it's better to look up and see the beauty of the above from below. But you being you, you showed me a different life. A life that is just as good as what I have been used to. Akala ko kasi okay na yung nakasanayan ko. Pero mas maganda pala if may masubukan din akong iba sa kung ano na ang nakasanayan ko." Tahimik lang ako na nakikinig sa kanya. Dinaramdam ang bawat salitang binibigkas niya habang pareho naming tinititigan ang isa't isa. "I'm glad that you did. I'm glad that I met you. I'm glad that we are part of each other's lives. And I am so happy to be in love with you."

Nagsisimula nang mamuo ang mga butil ng luha ko. She stirred different emotions within me with just her words. Gusto ko sanag sabihin na sobrang saya ko din na mahal namin ang isa't isa. I am beyond grateful to have her in my life. Pero walang kumakawala na salita sa bibig ko. Masyado akong overwhelemd sa pinaparamdam niya sa akin ngayon.

Lalo niyang hinigpitan ang hawak niya sa mga kamay ko. Parang kulang pa ang mga salita para maipahayag niya ang pagmamahal sa akin. "You are everything that I have ever prayed for and more; a living proof that I already have all that I could ever need. I love you, Glai, beyond words can express." She slowly removed her hands from me and took something from behind. I was stunned when I realized what it was. Napatakip ako sa aking bibig dahil gusto ko nang humagulgol sa iyak dahil sa sobrang emosyon na nadarama ko ngayon.

"Could I ask something from you? I hope you don't mind." Tumango lang ako ng tumango sa kanya.

"Glai, my love, would you like to spend the rest of your life with me?" She showed me the symbol of her love to me. It was sparkling even in the dark but my attention was focused on the beautiful creature standing before me. Hope and love are evident on her expression. How could I say no to this woman? This is all I've ever wanted.

"Yes, Rhi. Yes!" Isinuot niya muna ang singsing sa daliri ko bago niya ako niyakap nang mahigpit. I hugged just the same and kissed her temple.

"Thank you, Glai. Thank you. You don't know how happy I am right now."

"No, Rhi. Thank you. For wanting to be by my side forever." I removed myself from her hug, instead, I kissed her with so much love and passion. She reached up for my neck while I circled my arms around her. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways words could never be. We savoured each other in a very special moment of our life. We surely took our time but when I remembered something, I pulled away first.

"Hey! This is unfair. I should be the one proposing to you. I have prepared for it. Kung sumipot ka lang sana." I slightly slapped her arm.

She burst into laughter. "Sorry, love. Can't let you ruin mine."

"You mean, you've planned this before you went home?"

"Uhm...yeah? Well at first I was testing the waters but you seem so passive about it so I was kinda doubting if this is the right time to ask for your hand. But thanks to Chynna, she was all supportive and encouraging so I pushed through with it."

I scoffed and said, "Huh, that woman. Kasabwat mo pala yon? Akala ko pa naman ako tinutulungan niya para sa proposal. Spy ka pala niya."

"Hihihi. Yes, love. Even mommy and Nadine. They actually told me about you asking for permission from them. That was so sweet of you."

Namula naman ako sa sinabi niya. Di ko alam pero nahihiya ako. Kinuha ko na lang mula sa bulsa ko ang aking alas. Kinuha ko ang laman ng maliit na box na yon at isinuot sa daliri niya.

"Love, I just wanna keep this short and simple. Alam ko naman papakasalan mo ako." Natawa naman siya sa sinabi ko. "There's just something I want to promise you; that is to love you above anything else, to cherish you, to always hold you close to me, and to constantly make you feel that you are most beautiful girl in this world. I love you, Rhian. Yesterday, today, tomorrow, and forever."

Muli na namang tumulo ang masaganang luha ng babaeng pinakamamahal ko. Niyakap ko na lamang siya para ipadama ang buong pagmamahal ko sa kanya.

"Kasalan na!" Napalingon kaming dalawa sa sigaw na umalingawngaw mula sa ming likuran. Si Chynna pala. Ang galing talaga ng timing ng best friend ko. Ang sarap batukan.

Nakarinig kami ng palakpakan at congratulations mula sa mga taong malapit sa aming mga puso. Andito pala ang pamilya ko gayundin ang pamilya niya. Maging mga malalapit naming kaibigan ay present din sa special night namin ni Rhian.

"Yes, love. This place is reserved....by me. Come. Let's go celebrate the night away!" Narinig kong sambit niya sa aking tenga.

Naiiling na lang akong sumunod sa kanya palapit sa aming pamilya. Ano ba yan. Naunahan niya akong maireserve tong place. Kaya pala nung tinawagan ko to, hindi na available. Hayyyy.

Nonetheless, masaya ako na soon magiging asawa ko na ang diyosang katabi ko. Thank you, Lord!

End.

A/N:

Hi mga beshies! Nakakaloka ang wattpad hindi ako makapag upload ng pictures. I don't know what's wrong. 😕 I'll try again na lang after I publish this. Mehehe.

Sorry nga pala natagalan sa pag update. Sobra kasi akong na-hook sa pagbabasa ng mga likha ni kaonashiyoo. Sobra akong naaliw at namangha sa mga kwento niya. On top of my list na talaga ang Invisible! Such a one of a kind twist. I swear I'll never be able to get this story out of my system. Anyway, if you haven't checked out kaonashiyoo's stories, please do so. I guarantee you, hindi niyo pagsisisihan ang pagbabasa ng mga ito.

I'll see you sa next story, aye?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 1.2K 32
smut, fluff , angst
212K 2.7K 20
Warning 18+ short novel មួយនេះមានពាក្យសម្តីមិនសមរម្យ ច្រើនរាប់មិនចេះអស់#taekook 🔞🔞 only
46.7K 855 22
Aurora Rossi no one ever carried about her growing up except her mother her father really never wanted to have a girl so he ignored her so does her b...
105K 255 9
Grace has been a babysitter for the Owen family for years. Read as they turn her from just a babysitter into their own personal Toy.