Desperate times | | Akatsuki

akatsukislut द्वारा

"Look i made a promise to that kid that I would protect him with everything I had. Do what you want but your'... अधिक

Disclaimer
Prologue
The Yakuza [1]
Butler [2]
So much for a dinner [3]
Killer domestic issues [4]
On the run [5]
Redo [6]
I quit [7]
First day of hell [8]
Fucking Hate Highschool [9]
Second day [10]
Dodge Death [11]
I cant remember...[12]
Study session [13]
Gang gossip [14]
Nothing personal [15]
Live a Little! [16]
Demons [17]
A project [18]
That summer [19]
Not ordinary [21]
Tortured [22]
Weasel finds out [23]
Fifty shades of gay [24]
Not that bad [25]
Favor [26]
Thanksgiving puppet *special chap*[27]
His past *special chapter*[28]
To fast to furious [29]
Enemy of my enemy [30]
Akatsuki[31]
Gods eye [32]
Field trip [33]
I cant [34]
Why cant i remember?[35]
Elder sister... |36|
Taken much [37]
Stranded [38]
The mountain between us [39]
Tag[40]
live and die on this day.[41]
What...[42]
What. the. fuck...[43]
Selfish [44]
Gotta be quicker then that![45]
Spring break[46]
Highway to hell [47]
No shame [48]
Drunk *special chapter* [48 1/2]
The night we met[49]
im only human[50]
You left me alone.[51]
Unnecessary Pain[52]
The truth [53]
lost memories[54]
Eternally fleeting [55]
Who was i?[56]
who are you to me [57]
Wants [58]
Youre late[59]
Dont cry [60]
Deal [61] (rewritten)
The end [62]

We meet again [20]

844 53 0
akatsukislut द्वारा

7/22

||

"Gomen, but my names Yuri?" I narrow my eyes at the strange woman, panic building in my chest as I had no idea who she was.The two males behind her look at her then me then back to her probably as confused as I am.

Her eyes widen as her hand falls limp. "It's me, Karin?" She suddenly reaches her hand in her shirt and brings out a necklace very much similar to mine. Flipping the cover open, my eyes widen at the small ripped picture, her face the only thing visible. Her arm looked to be draped around somebody and my mind immediately connects the dots. She ushers to the small but visible chain hidden under my shirt. "You have one don't you?"

As if on cue, I grip my head in pain and turn on my he to leave. "Sorry, you got the wrong person."

"When the sun sets we meet again!"

I stiffen at those words but didn't show it.

I remembered.

Her name was Karin Uzumaki...my first friend.

Rin...

||

The drive was silent and long. Immediately after school Karin had wanted to show me something that would possibly help me regain my memory. I didn't know why I was so pressed to remember but for some reason it was important.  Even if it meant jeopardizing my cover.

Karin knew so much about me yet I could barely remember a thing. I had already told Nagisa I would be late in coming home tonight as I had other things to do after this.

"Turn here." She murmurs as I pull into a small dirt space. Getting out of the car, I scan our surroundings slowly and recognize the area.

"This is Fuji lake. A place that I had came to often while we were in the area as my foster father had business to attend to here."

I nod silently as we descended down a hill to a small wooden dock. I remembered this place. It was a place I used to come to also during the summer when my mother and father were alive. We both sit down on the edge of the dock. It was like it was so familiar but at the same time I still felt like there was something missing. "How are your parents?"

"They died 8 years ago." I murmur.

Silence falls between us as her gaze hadn't shifted from the scenery, glasses glinting from the sunlight.

"I see..." I smirked in silent gratitude towards the red haired girl. It was one of the reasons why we were so close then. She wasn't the pitying type and we were a lot alike. We understood eachother and had a mutual understanding of things.

I quirk a brow as a teasing grin graces her face, "Gomen for not meeting you guys on the day you left. I was busy with my father. Have you bumped into the boys yet?"

"The hell are you on about?" I ask making her  she scratch the back of her head sheepishly.

"Shit, I forgot you don't remember!" Putting her thumb and pointer finger to her chin she looks at the sky with a thoughtful expression.

"Well did you think we were the only ones that came to this lake? There were 2 others. They go to our school in fact."

I furrow my brows in annoyance as she wasn't getting the point. She smirks at my irritated expression, clearly loving my impatience.

"We remembered eachother through our similar hair color though you were the odd ball out."

Pointing to her fiery red hair I scrunch my face in confusion.

After a moment she rolls her eyes, "Gaara and Sasori."

My jaw drops at the revelation.

That's why they looked so familiar!?'

It made no sense.

Sasori and Gaara? Us, Childhood Friends?

That sounds to impossible to be true let alone all 4 of us being friends. We had nothing in common not to mention if they did know me how come they would've recognized me.

"Man you really don't remember do you?" She says quietly. I nod sheepishly running my hands through my locks.

"Well it all started"

|Flashback|

A young girl with short spiky red hair huffed in anger as she plop down on the dock, letting her dirty feet dip in the cool water. Her foster father had taken them on an abrupt vacation out of nowhere as usual. This time it was In in yamanashi near lake fuji.

"You're just a waste of space!"

"I don't even know why father took you in!"

"Weak."

Tears began the brim in the young girls eyes at the crude things her foster siblings said to her. She was the runt out of them all. She had no eye catching special skills like the others and couldn't even hurt a fly. She had no idea as why her foster father adopted her? she was only good at guessing things.

Karin had failed to take the life of a rabbit.

It was a test their father would give them to see if they had what it took to be in the game. If their mind could handle it. Her siblings were able to do with out a second thought but Karin couldn't. She didn't know why but she couldn't. Ever since she was born she had been kind at heart despite raised up on the same tactics of the others.

The thought of taking a life for no reason disgusted her, taking a life in general mortified the young girl. It wouldn't be long before her father had no More use for her and tossed her aside. She just wanted to make him proud. Make him look at her with pride like he did with the others.For once, Karin Uzumaki just wanted to be noticed not as a tool but as herself.

"Rough day huh?"

Karin's eyes widened at the low blunt voice. Her puffy scarlet eyes met red ones. Another girl with short navy blue hair. If it weren't for the girls voice, Karin would have mistaken her for boy because of her boysish clothes. She had on a short sleeve white button up with a black t-sweater over it. The young boyish girl had on baggy shorts and a black bow on the button up with black shoes.

Young Karin subtly wiped away her tears with a huff.

"Who are y-you?"

Karin tenses as the other girl takes a seat next to her on the dock.

"Tsugumi, you?"

|Flashback End|

"From then on we met at the docks before sunset each day. I don't remember how Sasori and Gaara came into the picture but I know they're cousins though!"

I look at the sky lazily. "It's alright I have to much on my plate to look into it now."

She nods in understanding copying my actions.
"If we all used to be best of friends, how come Sasori and Gaara look like they hate eachother?"

Her brows furrow in confusion at my statement, "I honestly don't know, they treated me the same way to when I moved back to Japan. I had asked them about you freshmen year but they gave me the cold shoulder. But then again I guess it was because I wasn't able to meet at the docks on our last day as apparently my father had business else where and we had to leave in hurry."

"Last day?" I prod.

A sad smile stains her features. "Yeah, it was the last week of summer. We all had promised to meet eachother at sunset one last time. We all lived in different places and would soon separate but we exchanged these cheap necklaces."

She fiddles with her necklace showing me the photo again. "When you put all the pieces together it becomes the original photo we took!"

Unconsciously, I fiddle with my necklace. "I dont think I've seen them wear one?"

"Hmmm..." she hums in question before shaking her head.

"We'll they're boys after all, I wouldn't put it past them to throw away a childish moments. But, enough about that while I was suspended I've been hearing rumors that you hang with Gaara? Are you two finally dating now?! Also why is half the female population talking about you?"

I stare blanky as she yammers on as I still try to grasp the information.

Me and Gaara. What does she mean...?

I ran my hands through my hair in confusion. Did she think I still lived here?

"I moved to America after my parents died so I'm not sure what you mean by that. I doubt me and Gaara were that close back then." I try to conjure up the memories but fall short.

"Also I don't know why your surprised, I've always been mistaken as a boy." Her face took on an apologetic express causing me to wave it off. "Why are you back then?"

"I'm staying with my grandmother as a foreign exchange student." I say robotically making her raise a brow skeptically before nodding.

"Wonder why the boys acted like that back then when I mentioned you if you're here now."

I turn still at the idea of us all reuniting and immediately write it off as a bad idea. The boys probably don't recognize me because back then they knew me as a girl and right now I'm under the alias as a dude. Besides it's been years, I don't even know how Karin remembered all of this.

"Instead of saying my whole name just call me Yuri. Refer to me as a he instead of a she as well when around others."

"What do you mean? Omg you...!?"

My eyes narrow dangerously at her shocked expression. "Are you...transitioning?"

I deadpanned at the assumption before pushing myself up. "No, just trust me on this. Don't say anything about this. In fact, act like you don't even know me."
She stares hard at me for a second before nodding hesitantly.

"Okay?"

|~Author-sama|
Implementing a dash of nisekoi plot into the story ;)

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

341K 9.4K 34
When the Russian gold medalist, Viktor Nikiforov moves to the small town of Hasetsu to coach Yuuri Katsuki, your old rink mate, your best friend desp...
110K 3K 57
🪡⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ ⭐╰› k☆rma scared everyone in Kunugigaoka High ▸ until he met her ▸ the sun t...
384K 10.5K 34
(Y/N) Shirubanaito, the only child and the successor of the Shirubanaito company never wanted more than anything to be like the others and attend sch...
485K 14.8K 26
She used to be the ace of a powerhouse school. She was known as the best ace is the country. Until one day, her disease got to her. The pain was unbe...