Let me go, Alpha

By CompassedShip

When your mate is in love with someone else. You should let him go. But what about those newfound feelings o... More

Chapter - 1
Chapter - 2
Chapter - 3
Chapter - 4
Chapter - 6
Chapter - 7
Chapter - 8
Chapter - 9
Chapter - 10
Chapter - 11
Chapter - 12
Chapter - 13
Chapter - 14
Chapter - 15
Chapter - 16
Chapter - 17
Chapter - 18
Chapter - 19
Chapter - 20

Chapter - 5

8.6K 338 608
By CompassedShip

A/N - It is sad that people try to steal your work. Like, I have to think about the idea for a really long time. Then I write the story. Then I have to edit it or maybe delete the whole part because it was not perfect as my imagination. Then I rewrite it. Posting on sites take a lot of effort too. I don't understand why would you steal it? Write your own. Do you feel happy when someone compliment that stolen work and you know in your heart that you don't deserve that compliment? You should know that lies don't stick with you for a long time. I hope next time you write your own stories and I don't have to face it again. Sorry if I was harsh with my words but I am strictly against plagiarism.

*** THERE IS A PART WHERE NIALL DESCRIBES HIS FIRST TIME WITH LIAM. IT CAN BE TRIGGERING FOR SOME OF YOU. PLEASE SKIP THAT PART IF YOU WANT. NOTHING TO EXPLICIT, SO I HOPE IT IS FINE. ***

----------

Thank you so much for such a lovely cover, @Eloisebrooklyn. I loved it. It really means a lot to me that you took some time out of your life to make this. Thank you. 

----------------------------

Harry did not go back in the pack-house. He sat on the steps of the main door. No one was in the house. They left as soon as the sun was setting. Harry looked at the pink sky turning lilac in front of his eyes. He wiped his eyes. The evening was his favourite time of the day. Something like longing always filled Harry's heart when he looked at the setting sun. He liked to sit and watch the sunset, just letting the evening breeze flow around him. Today the same sunset made him feel restless. Harry did not want the night to come. He did not want to spend any more time here, with that alpha messing up his feelings. He rubbed his hands persistently on his body, in hope that, maybe, maybe if he rubbed with enough force, the smell of Louis would go away. He cried harder when the smell did not fade. It was clasping him even more tightly. Harry bit down on his hand, trying to silence his voice.

There were footsteps behind him and Harry knew that sound. He felt when Louis stopped just behind him. He cried harder. He felt repulsed. How was he affected like this?

Louis sat beside him, his left side almost touching Harry. They both looked ahead at the skyline. None of them said anything. Harry wiped his eyes, in the process his eyes fell on Louis' knuckles. They were bleeding. Harry stared for a moment. Noticed how swollen and red it looked. Louis was shaking it time to time, as if it was burning. Harry looked away.

Louis breathed out beside Harry. Harry stiffened when the alpha shifted in his space, trying to find a comfortable position.

"I don't know if I shall tell you this or not," Louis spoke, his voice hushed in that melancholy atmosphere, "you confuse me, Harry. You drive me up the wall. What am I doing wrong?"

Harry flinched when Louis held his bicep, slowly turning the omega to face him. Harry held his head stubbornly down, no, he would not let the alpha see his red-rimmed eyes.

"I am thick headed. I know," Louis let out a pained laugh, "I am an alpha and that is not an excuse to hurt you. I am sorry. I have never," Harry waited with baited breath for the alpha to continue, "I have never been in a relationship. I don't know how to treat an omega. Am I doing something wrong? Please guide me through this, Harry." Harry let his posture loosen when he heard the sorrow in that crispy voice.

He did not look up though.

"Guide me to be the one you at least feel comfortable with. Your tears," Harry risked a glance at the alpha in front of him and immediately looked down when he saw how glossy those blue orbs were, "they hurt me. I am a novice. I don't know what makes you sad or happy. Did I hurt you when I asked you to wrap the scarf around your neck? Did I come off too pushy? I am sorry. I was just... I was just scared that you would get hurt. Someone might attack you if you go out like that. I did not want you to feel like I am restraining you. Please don't feel like that!"

Harry looked up this time, his eyes meeting Louis' side profile. The alpha was facing forward again, his head bowed. Harry noticed how pale the alpha looked. His cheekbones were prominent. Dark circles prominent under those sharp eyes. He looked tired. As if, someone sucked away the energy from him. Harry noticed how the knuckles were still bleeding. Why was that not healing?

"Tell me if I am doing something wrong. Maybe I am doing everything wrong. Just tell me. Don't leave it like that. Maybe you are expecting me to understand what is going on but I don't. I really have no clue why you are so upset suddenly," Louis faced the omega with a small, tentative smile, "teach me to be a better alpha. I might need it for my future."

Harry looked down again, "I am not a teacher, Louis. I don't like you. There is no reason for it."

Harry watched Louis smiling at the horizon, his eyes sliding over the sky, "So you hate me for no reason?"

Harry did not answer it, his eyes still on the bruise on the alpha's knuckles. It was not healing!

"Why did you leave the room like that?"

Harry shrugged, his inside churning, "I was smothered by your scent. You reek."

Louis chuckled, "I am an alpha. Of course, I smell strong."

Harry shook his head, "Nick does not reek. He smells so good."

Louis stood up, brushing his hands on his thighs, "that because he is your alpha. You love him and your scents blended together when you..." he coughed.

Harry frowned at the ground.

When you?

"If you don't want to go to the fest, it is alright. I will make some excuse," Louis took a step, stopping on his path when a hand reached out to hold his wrist. Louis looked back to see Harry was looking up at him from the steps. His eyes fixed on Louis and his expression puzzled.

"Our scents blended when we?" The omega asked.

Louis looked away from him, "when you had sex or something?" His voice came out rough.

In a second, Harry was pulling at Louis' shoulder, forcing the alpha to face him. Louis stumbled to his feet to keep his balance.

"What did you say?" Harry asked. Louis looked at the omega. Harry was glaring at him now. They stood in front of each other. Harry leaned forward with his eyes shooting daggers at Louis.

Louis frowned at Harry; he could not understand why the omega looked that shocked. Maybe he was not ready to tell Louis that.

"It is fine, Harry. I am no one to judge you. He is your alpha you can have sex with..." a loud cracking noise echoed through the air. Some birds flew off from the trees around them. Louis placed his left hand on his burning cheek and stared at the ground. His ears heated up with anger. He was mortified. The alpha inside him bellowed, telling him to force the omega into submission, to show the omega its place. The Alpha's pride was hurt. Louis faced Harry finally. Louis held himself back when he finally took in the omega's state.

Harry was breathing heavily, his eyes moist and expression hurt. Harry took a step closer to Louis, his hands coming up to grip Louis' un-buttoned shirt-collars. Louis stood his ground when the omega leaned closer. They glared at each other.

"How dare you!" Harry hissed on Louis' face, jerking him, "How dare you to assume something like that? How dare you think that I had sex with Nick? Moreover, how disgusting of you to think that even if I did, you can judge me? How could you assume it even before asking me? You just announced it, like; you know it is the truth. Why can't you just ask before you do shit like that?" he pulled Louis closer, "yes. Yes, I kissed him. I kissed him every time we met. I wanted him to fuck me but we did not do it. Not even once! I wanted to wait. I wanted my first time to be special. When I will be his mate," he shouted the last part. He shoved at Louis' chest, "how dare you? Even if I had sex, how dare you say it like that?"

Louis gripped Harry's wrists in his hands, jerking the omega forward. Their foreheads touched when Harry stumbled over Louis. Both of them breathed heavily. Their eyes on each other.

"I did not judge you. You can do whatever you want! How do you always end up thinking so bad about me?"

Harry tried to pull away. The tip of Harry's nose turned red when he smelt the alpha. Louis still smelt like lilac and something like burned wood after a rainy day. Harry let out a whine.

Louis pulled away then, "I am sorry."

"You do your mistakes and then you say sorry. How do you expect me to forgive you?"

Louis shrugged, "I guess, we will always fight like this, then?"

Harry did not answer.

A horn was heard behind them. They both whirled around to see a Jeep coming their way.

Zayn and Niall.

"Hey?" Louis asked when the jeep stopped in front of the pack-house. Harry wiped his eyes discreetly but when he looked up, Niall was frowning at him with concern. Those blue eyes scanned Harry with worry colouring them. Harry looked away.

"Niall asked me to make this detour. He was sure that both of you were not ready to leave yet. So we thought to give you a ride." Zayn motioned for them to hop on.

Louis took a sideways glance at Harry and then smiled at Zayn, "thanks for coming, Zayn."

"I can go to the back seat if you want to sit here?" Niall offered to Louis. Louis declined with a smile. He motioned for Harry to climb first.

Harry sat on the back seat, facing the other side and Louis sat in front of him. Their eyes met when Zayn pulled off.

Louis looked away first.

---***--- ---***---

"You smell like him," Niall's first words as soon as they were inside the field after an entrance procedure where Harry was listed as Louis' partner.

Harry looked at the omega and then at the said alpha. Louis was smiling at Natalia, one of the female omega from the security service of the pack. Harry noticed how Louis placed his hands around the omega's waist and leaned down to whisper something to the omega's ear. Natalia laughed soon enough, playfully slapping Louis on the chest.

"I fell into a drop," Harry shrugged, looking down at the wine in his hand, "he helped me out of it."

When Niall did not reply, Harry looked up to see the omega was watching Louis, those blue eyes calculative as he stared at the alpha.

"Well, that explains the slow healing process," Niall muttered.

"Slow healing process? What do you mean?" Harry looked at Louis. The field was decorated with shaped fairy lights, lanterns and sky lanterns. Some were flowing slowly over Louis' head, washing the alpha's features in the soft yellowish light. Louis' hair looked golden under the lights and then the alpha looked up, smiling at the sky. The orange glow illuminated his face. Those high-cheekbones reflected the fire over his head, those eyes flashing bluest when moonlight flickered over them.

"His knuckles, Harry," Niall brought Harry back to the present. Harry looked down at the alpha's knuckles and yes, they were still swollen and scratched. Harry frowned when Louis rubbed them.

"Why is it not healed yet?"

Niall huffed, "because he helped you out of your drop by using his own energy. His wolf is tired and weak right at the moment. He had to give his own energy off to you to charge you up. That is why you are here. Otherwise, you would have been staying home, unconscious. There are only two ways an omega can come out of a drop."

Harry did not know all these things but it was no surprise that Niall was aware of these things. He was the doctor's son after all.

"Two ways? What is the other way?" Harry frowned at the alpha, "I am sure there was another way. I did not have to smell and cling to him like that to recover. How pathetic of him to use my vulnerability like that? I knew he could have done something else." He was angry now. How could Louis just use him to fulfil his own dirty fantasies? Harry would ask about it when he got the time.

"You come to conclusions too easily!" Niall exclaimed, his face scrunched up in disbelief. Harry raised his brows at his friend. As usual, Niall was supporting Louis.

Niall shook his head, "don't blame Louis for everything that is wrong with this situation, okay? Trust me when I say this, he did not choose to be in this place. You want to know what the other way is?"

Harry nodded dumbly; he had never seen Niall so angry before. The omega was talking so fast as if he had to let out those words before his courage evaporated.

Niall pulled his own shirt-collars away from his mating spot, revealing the scar for Harry to see, "this was the other way."

Harry looked the scar, two teeth marks rested side by side on the omega's pale skin. It was not a neat work. It looked marred and blotched. Harry did not know what to say.

"I presented when I was coming out of the pond. Liam was just there, cutting some woods for us to use in that night's bonfire." Niall looked at the entrance of the field, not specifically at anything, "when my pheromones hit me there, I doubled over on the steps, crying out with pain." Harry tried not to find the similarity in their situations, "Liam came down to help me up. He did not know what that smell was. Neither did I. But I liked his smell, I almost leapt at him."

Harry watched how Niall's cheeks were reddening, those eyes losing focus, "I did not budge when he tried to shove me away and maybe he did not want me to leave either. He was losing himself. I could feel it but I was in pain, I could not just untangle myself from his body," The omega frowned, as if remembering that day was painful to him, maybe it was, Harry thought.

"He did not try after that. I remember his hands on me. I remember how he bent me over the steps and..." the omega coughed, his expression wretched, "and I remember him knotting me. He mated me there. In public, I was bare for everyone to see."

Harry stumbled back, his eyes widening. Niall went on, "I remember the pain, Harry. I was not sure what to do. I let him have me. I liked him, of course, I did, but I expected my first time to be special. It was not," Harry wanted to reach out and hold the omega in his arms but he was sure Niall would push away, "it was filthy. I was on the steps of the pond, pathetically crying and screaming as Liam took me from behind. It calmed my omega, yes, when Liam bit down on my neck, my omega was satisfied, but my human side? I was humiliated. And you know what hurt me the most?"

Harry reached out this time, wiping Niall's eyes, he felt how cold Niall was under his touch, "everyone was watching, Harry." Harry gripped the wineglass in his hand, trying not to cry, "Everyone was watching from a distance, some hooting even. Like that was normal. Like Liam was winning a match for them to witness. As if, I was a possession Liam won or something. I wanted to hide, I was bare, and it was my first time. I was looking at them, trying to reach out for help but no one came to help." A dry heave left Niall's throat.

Harry took the omega's hands in his, squeezing them, Niall did not acknowledge it though; he was lost, as if back to that day. Those blue eyes shone with tears, a smile made its way on his lips after that, "then suddenly Louis was there. I watched him descending the steps with speed. His mouth moving, he was screaming at us. He ripped me away from Liam," Harry just listened, his chest going through a spasm. His hands shook beside him. Harry could not look away from Niall.

"I struggled in Louis' arms too. I thought he pushed Liam away because he wanted me next," Niall shuddered, "but then I was wrapped in a coat. I was cocooned in Louis' arms as he snarled at Liam for doing that. I was unconscious after that." Harry's chest expanded, he risked a glance at the alpha and Louis was talking with Zayn, his eyes crinkled as he smiled. Harry looked away.

"He took me away from that place, in his house. I was placed in Jay's bed and taken care of for at least one week. I remember how Louis punished everyone who was there and did not help me. I know how Louis punished Liam by sending him away from the pack. Liam had to come back soon though, my omega was getting restless without that scent but that is another story. Do you get the point, Harry?" Blue eyes looked up at Harry. Harry had no words to say, he took a large gulp of the wine and looked down, his boot scrubbing against the grass.

Niall placed his index finger under Harry's chin, forcing him to meet Niall's eyes. When Harry did, Niall smiled, "I am not telling you that you are wrong in being cautious of alphas. You should. Of course, you should but it is high time you give Louis a benefit of doubt. That guy could have taken me that day; he was an alpha too, right? He did not. Today he could have taken you. Hell, you are legally his, but did he knot you? No!"

Niall took Harry's palms in his, squeezing them, "I am not telling you to forget Nick. I know, you can't. Nick is your alpha but you can be a bit more patient towards Louis, right? Cut that guy some slack. You are going to leave anyway. Why don't you take some good memories with you when you leave? Yeah? He is not bad, Harry. He is way too good. I told you that I have my reasons to like him. Well, this is my reason and I am sure," Niall smiled at Harry, "when you leave our pack, you will have your reasons too. Open your mind a bit about him. Let him show you how good he is. A chance, I am asking a chance for Louis because I know, that idiot will never ask you." Niall laughed.

Harry bit his lower lip, "I can't accept him as my alpha. Ever. I have my alpha, Niall."

Niall nodded, "then accept him as a friend. Give him a chance to show you how good he can be as a friend."

Harry looked at the alpha and then back at Niall, "can you really be friends with someone you resent? I can try to tolerate him after your words but friends? I am not sure, Niall!"

Niall nodded. His smile was good to see. Harry hugged him then, burrowing his face into Niall's neck, he tried not to cry.

"I can't believe you went through so much, Niall. I can't tell you how strong you are. You are amazing. You still go on with your life after all that. You are still so positive and you still have the guts to love that brute. How do you do that? Does not he remind you of that day?"

Niall shrugged, "He reminds me of that day. But what can I do? I don't have a choice. My omega accepted him as our alpha. I can try to go away and what happens? Nothing. I keep coming back to him. No matter what. I think, one day he will do something excessive to break the bond and I will be free. I hope that day comes. Until then, I am stuck here, Harry. I am emotionally and physically dependent on him."

Harry squeezed the omega's hands, "you will."

Niall smiled at him, "so are you going to give Louis a chance?"

The answer was complicated. How Harry was feeling, it was complicated. It was a constant battle between his heart and his body. His heart was not ready to accept Louis, in any form. But his body was affected by the alpha. Harry could still feel those pheromones reacting to the said alpha. He could feel his restless omega whining at him for just a touch.

"I will think about it, Niall."

Their chatter ended when Zayn came to ask Niall if he wanted to go and dance. Niall nodded eagerly, the omega loved dancing. Harry smiled as Zayn bowed to him and took Niall away.

Harry looked at his surroundings finally. His hands still nursed the same wine.

The field was glowing as Harry looked around. The yellow and white lights illuminated the trees around the field. Mason jars were hanging off the branches, moving slowly with the breeze. Their lights created shadows around the trees; it was giving the place a mysterious vibe. Harry turned to face the small gathering at the southern corner of the field. A piano and a small stage were set there, live music playing with some members dancing. Niall was giggling as Zayn twirled him. Harry smiled.

His eyes caught the Ferris wheel next. It was a medium size one, rounding slowly as some pups and some couples sat in it. Harry could hear their happy shouts and laughter. Next, there was a merry-go-round. Pups of the pack sat in those seats and one of the betas was rotating it slowly. It was rotating at a medium speed.

Some lights were planted on the ground too, making a path for them to walk. Harry went towards the Ferris wheel. There were some small shops on the way. One with shooting guns, one had a lottery, one had ring toss. Harry stopped on his track when he saw Louis was there, Eleanor, Stan, Oli and some other alphas and omegas surrounding him. Stan was trying to throw the ring and get it on the stake. He failed as soon as the ring hit the background though.

"You are horrible at this, mate!" Louis was laughing. Stan turned to glare at the alpha and his eyes fell on Harry. A big smile came up on the beta's lips. He waved at the Luna.

"Hey, Harry!" everyone turned to face him when Stan shouted his name. Harry watched how Eleanor smiled at him and other omegas stopped leaning over Louis. The man in question turned his head sideways, not completely facing Harry.

"Hey," Harry waved back, trying to get away from the stall as soon as possible.

"Where are you going? Come, join us, please," Eleanor asked, beckoning him with a grin. Louis said something to her, Harry watched how she pinched the alpha with a mock glare.

"Err..." Harry could not find a word. His steps were hesitant as he went to stand beside Louis. Louis did not even acknowledge him, Harry nodded his greeting to everyone and Stan handed him some rings.

"Louis always wins this game. Come on, Harry, let's show him that you can do better." Eleanor giggled.

Harry looked at the rings in his hands and then back at Eleanor, "I am terrible at it, Eleanor!"

She shrugged, "so what? Louis will teach you. Is it fine, Louis?"

Louis paused for a second to look at her and then slowly faced Harry, his eyes found Harry's as he nodded, "I can teach him if he wants?"

Harry peered at the alpha, who was staring at him with an unreadable expression. Harry did not know what to say but it looked like everyone around them was making decisions for them. In a second, Eleanor pushed Louis closer to Harry and Stan gave Harry's right hand to Louis.

Louis touched Harry's hand and forwarded it, "always stretch your hand forward and stand in a straight line with your target," the alpha said. Harry tried not to focus on Louis' body heat pressing against his back. Louis' left hand pressed down on the middle of Harry's back, "bend down a little; you need to be like a bow." Harry turned to see that Louis' face was centimetres away from his. The alpha was looking forward, his eyes focused on the stake in front of them. Harry noticed the red spot on the alpha's jaw.

Something like a bolt of current ran through Harry. He left that mark. He bit along Louis' jaw like that. Harry whipped his head forward. His breathing picked up.

"Now don't move your whole arm. Just pull your wrist back towards your chest," Louis covered Harry's palm and did it with him, "and then let the ring go with a strong flick of your wrist."

The ring was flying over the stakes. Harry watched when it landed on the red one at the end of the table. His insides brightened up when he saw it was the first prize. He could not believe it. For the first time, he won in ring-toss. That too, first prize!

"We won!" Harry jumped up and down on his feet and everyone around him clapped, laughing at his wide grin. Harry could not stop laughing. He bounced on his heels and turned back to see Louis was staring at him, without even thinking, Harry jumped into the alpha's arms, hugging him around the neck.

"We won!" Harry giggled, his nose burrowed in Louis' shoulder. His lips still stretched on a smile.

"Just look at them!" One of the female omegas cooed, efficiently breaking Harry's trance. He detached his face from Louis' neck and looked at the alpha. Louis was looking at him. Harry could feel that the alpha was not hugging him back. His hands did not pull Harry close. Harry let go with a bolt. His face reddened when everyone around them started teasing them. He risked a glance at the alpha and frowned. Louis looked unbothered, he took some more rings and placed them in Harry's hands, "now you can do it on your own."

"I will go and check out the other stalls," he spoke above everyone and turned on his heels. Harry watched Louis leave. His eyes followed the alpha as he went around a stall, disappearing behind it. There were no stalls behind the field, was there?

"Why does he look so bothered today?" Stan asked aloud. Harry turned to see everyone was looking at the stall where Louis took a turn.

"He looked tired. His hands were bleeding too. When I asked if I shall bandage it or something, he denied it!" Sarah said, her eyes sorrowful.

"He is never like this. Maybe he is down today." Eleanor observed then clapped her hands, "anyway, he will be fine. Harry," Harry jumped when she called him, "let's play one more round."

Harry took a look at the shop, where Louis had disappeared and then back at the stall. His mind was telling him to just forget about the alpha. Louis was not his subject to think about. Harry should ignore Louis. What he did, what he felt was not Harry's business.

"I," Harry hesitated, "I think, I will go and check on something," Harry told them. He turned to go towards the direction of Louis.

He could hear giggles behind him. With heated cheeks, he ignored them.

---***--- ---***---

Louis was smoking when Harry found him. His back leaning against the bark of the tree and his head tipped upwards as he let out ring after ring of smoke.

Harry watched him from a distance. Watched how moonlight was gleaming over Louis' white shirt. It was unbuttoned, the golden skin of his chest exposed. Louis let out another ring and closed his eyes, letting the breeze ruffle his quiff.

"What are you doing here, Harry?"

Harry jumped on the spot. So the alpha knew he was there. Harry stepped forward, stopping when he was mere inches away from the alpha.

"I don't need to tell you about my every move, do I?" Harry shrugged.

Louis' eyes were still closed; he put the cigarette in his mouth and took a drag, letting the smoke come out of his nose. Harry watched the process. He did not know why he was there either.

"If you don't have anything to say then go back. Enjoy the fest," Louis said, his eyes fluttered open.

"I can do what I want. Stop instructing me," Harry whispered, trying to sound angered but it came out as petulant.

Louis chuckled, shaking his head, "I am just doing what is best for you. You know?"

Harry frowned at the alpha, "what? You are trying to boss me around and that is good for me?"

Louis shrugged, letting the cigarette fall on the ground. He smashed the flaming tip of the cigarette with the tip of his boot, "I am weak at the moment, physically, mentally and emotionally. If you stay with me like this, I might," the alpha coughed, not meeting Harry's eyes, "I might do something unforgivable."

Goose-bumps appeared on Harry's skin, he gulped. The alpha was not looking at him but suddenly Harry realized how strong the alpha's scent was. That place was dark, as it was the back of the field. Every shop was facing the centre and the lights were brightening up the field. This side was illuminated with just the moonlight. There was no one around them. Harry looked back at the narrow alleyway. It was at least thirty steps away from him. If Harry screamed, no one would hear him. He turned back to see the alpha's eyes were on him. Blue orbs shining brightly as the moonlight shone through them.

"Go back, Harry." Louis pointed towards the pathway with a jerk of his head.

Harry did not move. Instead, he took a step closer to the alpha. Watched how the alpha growled at his stubbornness. Harry stopped when they were centimetres away. Louis was leaning against the tree, so when he stood up properly, there was barely any gap between them.

"Stop playing with me if you are not ready for the consequences," the alpha snarled.

Harry took a hold of the alpha's collars, pulling him close, "what are the consequences then? What can you do after all? Show me."

Something like fury flashed through Louis' eyes, he gripped Harry's waist and took a swift turn. Harry gasped when his back hit the tree, his hands coming to rest on Louis' shoulders. Harry gripped the alpha's shirt there, pulling him closer. His omega was tired of resistance and fights. His omega was beating him down with time.

Just a touch. Let him touch. For a moment.

Harry whined when Louis pressed his whole body against the tree. They were touching from chest to knees, their legs entangled.

"Show me the consequences, Louis," Harry muttered, his hands digging into the alpha's shoulders.

Louis closed his eyes for a second, breathing heavily, "what are you trying to achieve, Harry?"

Harry smirked, "nothing. I am just trying to prove that you don't have an alpha bone in your body." He let out a moan when Louis rutted down on his groin. Their hips moved together. Both of them tried to inhale the other as much as their wolves crave.

"Your omega is still not satisfied. Right?" Louis hissed in Harry's right ear, his lips touching the shell. Harry ignored the question, his lips on Louis' neck, biting with every frustration he had pent up. He mewled when Louis gripped his bum, slowly putting those hands in Harry's back pockets.

"You know how to satisfy it then?" Harry asked, his teeth bare to bite the alpha. A chuckle was Harry's answer. There was a tapping sound behind him. Harry jumped when he felt Louis pressing something against his ear. He looked at the alpha who was detaching himself from Harry now.

Louis' lips twitched as he took Harry's hand and helped him to hold the phone against his ear. Harry frowned at the alpha in confusion as Louis took two steps back.

"I know how to satisfy you. Yeah," Louis said.

Harry could not reply when he heard the voice on the other side of the phone, "Hello? Harry?"

Harry's eyes widen when he heard Nick's voice. When he looked at Louis, the alpha was retreating. Louis turned his back then, walking away. His white shirt glowed under the moonlight.

"Hey, hi," Harry whispered, his whole body sagging against the tree. His eyes followed Louis. He watched the alpha lighting another cigarette.

"You finally got the time to call? How are you, love?" Nick's voice was like a wakeup call. Harry let out a breath. What was he doing?

"I am fine, Nick. How are you?" Harry bit his lips when his voice came out so formal. He coughed. His eyes went again on Louis. Louis was now near the alleyway.
"I am fine too. Why do you sound so lost, Harry? Is everything fine?" Nick sounded worried.

Harry nodded, "I am not sure, Nick. I don't know." He stood up straight when Louis turned to look at him at the curve of the road. His lips pressed down on the butt of the white stick. Harry balled his fist when the alpha smirked, bowed and left. Finally out of Harry's sight.

"What? What happened? Is everything all right? Did Louis do something? Harry?"

Harry closed his eyes, "I went into a drop."

There was a pause. Harry took that moment to sit down on the ground, his inside twisting with something unknown. He looked around, the place was dark and quiet. He did not feel safe here anymore but he was not strong enough to stand either.

"Did-did he try to touch you? Harry?" Nick was almost shouting now. Harry flinched at the tone.

"What? Where did you get that from?" he asked, his eyes still on the curve of the alley.

"You went into a drop and he was there, right? I am an alpha, Harry. I know how an omega smells normally and how they smell when they are in a drop. Your smell intensifies. It is impossible for an alpha to ignore that smell. An alpha's wolf tries to take over the rational side of him. If he does not fuck you then it is not possible for you to come back to your senses so soon."

Harry looked down, his eyes tightly shut, "he did not fuck me. I am fine."

"How is that possible? How did he resist?"

Nick laughed then, "are you sure he is not already mated with someone else? Either that or he is impotent."

Harry felt sick to his stomach, "What is wrong with you, Nick? I am telling you that I went into a mind drop and all you are worried about Louis' sex life? Why do you think like that?"

Nick sighed on the other side, "I am not worried about you because you are fine as you said. I am just telling you the fact, Harry. Louis did not touch you as you said."

Harry stayed quiet. He did not want to tell Nick about what actually happened. His omega was not ready to share the moment with someone.

"As an alpha, it is impossible to just ignore that smell. Either he is already mated or he is impotent."

Harry gritted his teeth, his eyes burning with the lack of tears, "or maybe he has enough control of himself."

He cut the call and turned his phone off then. A dry sob escaped him. He had never fought with Nick before. Harry could not remember when he last shouted at the alpha like this. He had never. Why did he feel defensive suddenly? He should have laughed along with Nick. What was wrong with him?

Harry stood up. Why the thought of Louis already mated to someone bothered him? How was it his concern anyway?

Harry wiped his eyes, marching towards the alley. He would go back to the pack house and rest. Enough! He needed some rest. That was all.

---***--- ---***---

The second song ended. Niall giggled when Zayn twirled him once more. The beta laughed along with him. Niall ignored every snide remark and looks around him. He was happy today. Really happy. He embraced Zayn, giggling in the beta's arms.

"You are crazy!"

Zayn laughed, "Well, that makes you laugh this hard. So I am not complaining."

Someone coughed behind them. Niall turned his head with a grin, a grin that faded as soon as he saw the person.

"May I have the next dance, Niall?" Liam asked, his posture stiff and eyes on the omega.

"I think..." Niall was not finished when Liam placed an arm around his waist, pulling him away from Zayn.

"Hey? I think he did not finish his answer!" Zayn said, holding onto Niall's left forearm. Niall looked at the beta and then back at Liam.

Liam's jaw ticked, his brown eyes fell on Zayn's hold on Niall's arm. He smiled at the beta, a sneer hidden underneath the smile, "I think you should know your limits, Zayn."

Zayn took a step closer to Niall, his eyes fixed on Liam, "I think you should treat him like a respected individual, Liam."

Niall smiled at Zayn but before he could answer, Liam was pulling him away from Zayn, "you are my friend, Zayn. I respect you. Don't make me angry though."

Zayn laughed, "What are you going to do? Punch me or something? Go on then. Niall has a right to choose and you can't snatch it away from him."

Niall looked at Liam. The alpha was already glaring at Zayn, his grip tight on Niall's waist. Niall looked around, everyone was now looking at them. As if waiting for a fight to happen. Niall knew Zayn could not fight against Liam's strength and he did not want any one of them to get hurt. So he placed his hand on Zayn's wrist.

Both Liam and Zayn looked down at the omega. Niall shook his head at Zayn, his eyes pleading.

"You don't need to be worried about me, Niall. Just tell him to fuck off and I will see how he stops you." Zayn said.

Liam growled, "Enough, Zayn. Stop trying to provoke him!"

Zayn glared at Liam, "he has one night to enjoy the fest. Can't you just let him? Go and fuck around with Sophia or something. Why are you here anyway?"

Niall watched Liam's eyes blazing, "I just want a dance with him. I am his alpha, he can grant me one dance. Right?" Liam's eyes fell on Niall.

"Oh! Ask? You just waltzed in, threw the question and pulled him away before he could even answer. Let him give his permission first." Zayn shouted almost. Niall had never seen the beta this worked up before.

"He is mine!" Liam shouted back, "I can't take this anymore. Since the starting of the fest, you are all over him. Making him laugh, dancing so close to him, touching him! He is mine!"

Niall wanted to run away. The music had stopped and now everyone was definitely looking.

"He is not a property!" Zayn shouted back.

"Shut up!" Niall shouted, holding his head in his hands. His eyes watered. Why was he subjected to these things?

"Niall?" Zayn and Liam both reached for him at the same time. Niall stepped away.

"Don't you dare touch me! Both of you, stop! Why are you fighting for me? Stop it! Today you two are fighting for me in front of everyone, making a scene. Tomorrow you two will go back to being best friends and I will be back to being the slutty omega of the pack. You guys don't need to hear the backlashes but I have to. People will talk and they will point at me and tell me how I made two best friends fight for me. No one has the guts to tell you guys anything. So they will make me the target. I have had enough of that. I can't take it anymore. Stop it!"

When Niall stopped, Zayn and Liam were looking at him. Their face contorted with worry. Niall huffed, trying to gain his breath back.

"Excuse me," Niall left the dancing ground. Liam tried to follow him but Zayn stopped him, "let him take some time, dude!"

Liam glared at the beta, "stay away from Niall!"

Zayn watched Liam go. His lips quirked up in a smile.

---***---- ---***---

Harry came out of the alleyway and into the field again. If he wanted to leave, he had to go through the main exit of the field. He walked faster with his head hanging low. In his hurry, he did not notice the person who was coming his way. They collided and Harry tried to clutch the hand in front of him to stand properly.

"Harry? Here you are and I am searching you everywhere!"

Jay.

Harry looked at her with a bewildered expression. Why was she looking for him?

Jay took Harry's left wrist in her hand, pulling him along, "it is the final dance."

Harry arched his brows in puzzlement, "final dance?"

Jay nodded, turning back to walk towards the dance floor, "yes. It is close to midnight. There is a saying in our pack that the Moon Goddess watches us from the crown position now and if you dance with your mate in front of her, she blesses you with eternal happiness and togetherness. After the dance, when you embrace or kiss your mate, she bonds you forever."

Harry stumbled on his walk. His eyes widened. Kiss your partner? What?

He coughed, "everyone needs to do that?" He could see the dancing ground now. It looked crowded. It looked like everyone wanted to please the Moon Goddess.
"Yes. Everyone takes part in this. It makes your bond stronger. Who would not want that?" Jay laughed.

Well, Harry would not.

They stopped near the dance-floor. Harry noticed Niall in Liam's arms; the alpha hugged the omega tightly to his chest. Niall was gripping Liam close, his face hidden from the crowd. It looked intimate.

"There is my son!" Jay exclaimed. Harry turned to see, Louis was standing with Zayn, their heads bent together as they talked.

"Louis!" Jay called.

Louis looked up and smiled at Jay. His smile dimmed when he saw Harry standing beside her. Harry leered at the alpha when he came towards them.

"Yes, mum?"

Jay pulled Harry forward and gave Harry a little push, Harry fell on Louis' arms. They both stumbled a bit to find their footing.

Jay giggled, "You two better dance the final one. I am watching from there." She pointed at Dan and walked away after winking at Harry.

Harry stood on his feet, looking at the alpha. Louis was looking at his mother's back as she walked away.

"We can't do the final dance." Louis looked at Harry. His cerulean blue eyes determined.

Harry shrugged, "I don't believe in these prejudices. It is not like we will be really bonded forever after this!" He wanted to laugh at the alpha's superstitious beliefs.

Louis craned his neck sideways and stared at Harry with a bored expression, "I don't know if you are thick or naïve!"

Harry furrowed his brows, the alpha was insulting him! He held his chin high, "what do you mean?"

Louis gestured towards the couples behind them, "at the end of the dance, you need to kiss your mate. What are you going to do? You flip the table when I dare to touch you even. I don't want to create a scene."

Harry gritted his teeth, he could see Jay watching them, so he plastered a wide smile on his lips, "do you have another choice? We will see."

Louis exhaled, giving up. He glanced at Jay and then offered Harry his hand.

Harry looked at the offered hand and then back at the alpha. Louis was looking at him. His face glowed in the moonlight, casting shadow under the cheekbones. Harry placed his hand in the alpha's.

Louis pulled the omega close. Their chests touched. Harry placed his left hand on Louis' shoulder and Louis gripped the omega's right hand in his left one. Green met blue under the moonlight as someone dimmed the artificial lights. Moonlight washed over the couples who were taking their place on the ground.

Niall looked anywhere but at the alpha in front of him. Liam was persistent though. He kept kissing the omega's temple and nudged his chin until those blue eyes met his.

Zayn stood on the small stage and pushed some buttons. The music filled the air slowly.

Harry gripped Louis' hand tightly, his feet moving with the alpha's.

Niall let Liam lead him, his body reacting to the alpha's movements.

"If you're not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?
If you're not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?"

Louis pulled Harry closer, his eyes settled on the omega. Harry felt the alpha's heart against his chest, beating slowly. His own heartbeat matched the rhythm. Harry maintained the eye contact. Their hands clasped tightly together when Harry stumbled. Louis gripped his waist even more tightly. They moved slowly. Harry's hand in Louis' and Louis' arm around the omega's waist.

"If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call?
If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all?"

Niall looked at his alpha. The one who always hurt him, the one his omega still loved immensely for no reason. He knew Liam was not his. His eyes got moist when he reminded himself that. Liam was not his. Liam was looking at him though. For now, the alpha looked content. Niall gripped the alpha's shoulder tightly, in a faux belief that maybe that way he could make the alpha stay.

"I never know what the future brings
But I know you're here with me now
We'll make it through
And I hope you are the one I share my life with..."

Something was breaking inside Louis as the song went on. He looked at the omega in his arms. He knew Harry was not his but right at this moment, he was in Louis' arms and Louis would give anything to believe that the omega felt the same for him. Louis let himself imagine a future, where they would dance their last dance like this. He let himself hope. Just for now. Just today. He pulled Harry closer, his eyes getting blurry. The omega came without any fight. His forehead touched Louis'. Louis closed his eyes. No, he would not see this fire consuming him. He would not hurt himself more than necessary. Harry was a passing cloud in his life. He would not wish for more.

"I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I could stay in your arms?"

Niall could not stop his tears anymore. They fell. He did not look away from Liam though. He did not hurry to wipe them away either. He let the alpha see how he felt. He let the alpha see how broken he was. Niall held his head high, looking at Liam as he cried. He wanted the alpha to see those drops. He wanted the alpha to feel those emotions. Liam pulled him closer, hugging him now. Niall placed his head on the alpha's chest, where the heart was beating erratically. Was he affected then? Niall let himself hope. For now. For that moment.

"If I don't need you then why am I crying on my bed?
If I don't need you then why does your name resound in my head?
If you're not for me then why does this distance maim my life?
If you're not for me then why do I dream of you as my wife?"

Liam wanted to know how a writer wrote a song like this. How was it possible to reflect his thoughts like this? He could not stay away from Niall. When the omega was in Zayn's arms, laughing and happy, Liam's inside was breaking. He was scared. He could not shake off the image of Niall leaving him for someone else. He did not know a mere thought could scare a person that much. Liam looked down at Niall's head against his chest. Yes, he dreamt of this omega as his mate. He did. In his heart, in his deepest thoughts, he imagined a future with Niall in his arms. Like that. A happily ever after.

"I don't know why you're so far away
But I know that this much is true
We'll make it through"

Everyone was now so close to their partners that their breaths mingled. Liam touched Niall's eyes with his lips, sucking away the tears that fell freely.
Louis kissed Harry's temple, his eyes shone under Harry's watch. Harry closed his eyes, they were moist for no reason. He placed his face in the crook of Louis' neck, trying to wash away every protest and heartache with the alpha's scent. His heart jumped when Louis tried to pull away. Harry clasped the alpha's neck with his hands, their heads pulling away to look at each other. Louis placed his arms around the omega's waist. Both of the couples moved side to side.

Slowly.

They looked at each other as if the world around them did not exist. Their eyes could not move away. Harry let his omega have this. He let his omega take away the night.

"And I hope you are the one I share my life with
And I wish that you could be the one I die with
And I'm praying you're the one I build my home with
I hope I love you all my life."

Harry watched the alpha mouthing those words while looking intensely at him. Something like a tingling sensation ran through Harry's fingertips to his toes. Harry could only look at Louis, his eyes stuck on those bluest orbs. His eyes fell on those thin lips as they moved with those words. His omega preened under the feel of the alpha's eyes. Harry did not step away when Louis stepped closer.

"I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I could stay in your arms?"

Niall tried to shove Liam away when the alpha kissed his cheeks so softly. He did not want to dream too much. He knew, when the dream would break, he would be the only one standing there, alone. He tried to look sideways but Liam did not let him. The persistent alpha clutched him close, mumbling words of endearment in his ears as they moved. Niall tried to block those words. His omega was savouring them with greedy ears but he knew it was futile. The alpha would leave after this dance. He would leave Niall here, standing alone to find his footing. Yet his ears perked up, taking those words in greedily. Niall could live with that. He could surely live with that.

"'Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away
And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today
'Cause I love you, whether it's wrong or right
And though I can't be with you tonight
You know my heart is by your side"

Louis' eyes fell on Harry's lips. Harry felt the stare. It was like a caress against his lips. He licked his lips unconsciously, watching the intensity in Louis' eyes. The alpha leaned closer, his eyes not moving from Harry's lips. Harry did not know what to do. His hands were clammy behind Louis' nape and he realized with a shy flutter in his stomach, he was pulling the alpha closer. Both of them could feel the heat of their lips. Their noses touched. Harry looked down at those thin set of lips in front of him. His mind went blank as they stopped just inches away from each other.

"I don't want to run away but I can't take it, I don't understand
If I'm not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?
Is there any way that I could stay in your arms?"

The song ended. Someone turned off every light on the field, immersing them in darkness. Well, not really darkness.

The moon shone brightly over their heads. They all looked like ghosts under the soft light. Every couple lost in their own world. One could only see their partner in that way.

Niall whimpered when Liam pulled him in for a kiss. Their lips met persistently. Liam pressed down on Niall's lips, trying to pry them open. Niall resisted, his hands clutching Liam's shirt tightly. Liam licked the omega's lips, prodding the parting to widen. Niall let him, slowly his lips opening up to let Liam's tongue meet his. Niall let out a shaky breath when Liam cupped his face, deepening the kiss.

Harry blanched on his feet when Louis pressed those warm lips against his forehead. Harry closed his eyes; the skin where Louis' lips touched his forehead was burning, spreading warmth through his body. His omega was content now, settling down in Harry. Louis cupped Harry's face, kissing his eyes next. Harry's hands flew up to hold Louis' wrist lightly, his body sagging against the alpha. Harry waited with baited breath as those lips grazed his cheeks next.

Then it was gone. Harry fluttered his eyes open to see Louis' eyes, watching him. Harry stared right back, waiting. A small smile grazed Louis' lips. He leaned close again. Harry did not close his eyes this time. He held his breath when Louis' nose touched his.

But Louis moved away as soon as the lights were back on. Harry flinched, the harsh lights breaking the spell around him. He looked around. Everyone on the field was still in their partner's arms, smiling or looking shyly at each other. Some were still kissing. Harry looked back at the alpha in front of him.

Louis was looking at the moon, his eyes reflecting the light. Harry watched the alpha. Why was his resistance breaking like this? Why did Harry feel like something was breaking inside him when Louis moved away? Was it the side effect of the drop?

Harry nodded to himself. That might be it. It was the side effect of the drop. Harry's omega was reacting to an unmated alpha. It was not Louis in particular. It could be any other alpha.

The chain of thought broke when a frantic beeping sound of alarm was heard. Harry blinked his eyes because of the noise. He looked around to find the source of such a horrendous sound. Everyone was alert now.

Harry watched Zayn and Liam looking around frantically. What was happening?

"Louis!" A beta came running towards them, almost falling on his face.

Harry watched with horror how the beta fell in Louis' arms.

He was bleeding.

His clothes were torn and his body heavily wounded. Gasps and murmurs filled the ground. Louis held the beta and Liam came rushing forward to help him, Zayn was not far behind. Louis sat down on his knees, holding the wolf close. He was trying to say something. Niall came to stand beside Harry; their hands came up to hold each other.

"Ro-rouges," the man coughed out blood. Harry, Niall and everyone around them gasped. The beta tried to grip Louis' shirt with his shaking fingers.

Louis tried to wipe away the blood with a worried expression, "Stefan, where? What is happening?"

The man, Stefan, coughed out even more blood, his eyes red with blood lining the veins, "th-they are searching for you, alpha!"

--------

  I hope you liked the part. Please leave Votes and comments. Thank you. Let me know how the part was.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 5K 10
(Completed) Louis and Harry. Two inseparable friends. They did EVERYTHING together. That was until Harry came out and two best friends became sworn...
282K 9.3K 45
when louis finally comes home, harry isn't waiting. over the past four years, both of their lives have completely changed -- but maybe the feelings a...
129K 6.1K 32
maybe all isn't fair in love and war, especially for a werewolf-witch hybrid like harry. his overwhelming feelings for louis might just show him that...
439K 18.2K 34
Louis could feel Harry behind him, the hot breath on his neck and the soft hands upon his waist. "You know I do more than tutor, don't you?" Harry w...