Cigarettes and Penicillin

By lakeycreek

War turns boys into men. It takes moments of your life and changes you forever. It's the little things that... More

Cigarette
Socks
Belfast
Blood
Plane
Calvary
Frostbite
Medicate
House
Bomb
Contraband
22
Beaches II
Penicillin

Beaches I

31 4 0
By lakeycreek

They'd arrived at the beaches at high tide. When the tide lowered, he walked out of the ship and onto wet sand. 

It was his first look at the beaches of France.

Blood covered everything. The sight took his breath away. JD thought he would vomit.

It was his first real look at war. 

In the United Kingdom, his safe, sheltered job had been to attend to wounded soldiers being shipped home. He knew that the unit had been waiting. He hadn't known it was for a massacre.

This was real death.

This was real injury.

This was real war.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

296K 20.8K 171
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
90.6M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...
88.6K 11.2K 27
This is the sequel of RRR, so new readers please read it before starting this book. Agneya, the soon to be crown prince of Rakshatra, was bounded by...
43.9M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...