Worlds Colliding (The Vampire...

Von heartofice97

All Rights Go To The CW. The Vampire Diaries characters and plot lines are not mine, nor or the songs used to... Mehr

characters & outfit links
character theme songs, ships, trailer
chapter 1 - The Return
chapter 2 - Brave New World
chapter 4 - Memory Lane
chapter 5 - Kill Or Be Killed
chapter 6 - Plan B
chapter 7 - Masquerade
chapter 8 - Rose
chapter 9 - Katerina
chapter 10 - The Sacrifice
chapter 11 - By the Light of the Moon
chapter 12 - The Descent
chapter 13 - Daddy Issues
chapter 14 - Crying Wolf
chapter 15 - The Dinner Party
chapter 16 - The House Guest
chapter 17 - Know Thy Enemy
chapter 18 - The Last Dance
chapter 19 - Klaus
chapter 20 - The Last Day
chapter 21 - The Sun Also Rises
chapter 22 - As I Lay Dying
Bloopers

chapter 3 - Bad Moon Rising

1.3K 19 14
Von heartofice97

Outfits in the external link

From 1.01 "Pilot", night in the woods, over the fog-covered forest floor.

Alex: (voice over) "Previously on Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)"

From 1.01 "Pilot", outside the Salvatore Boarding House, Stefan Salvatore stood on the roof.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "For over a century, I have lived in secret, until now. I know the risk, but I had no choice."

From 1.04 "Family Ties", in Alex/Elena's room, Stefan and Elena Gilbert sat on her bed, kissing.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.01 Pilot) "I have to know her."

From 1.02 "Night of the Comet", in Town Square, Stefan and Elena were talking.

Elena looked down. "He told me about your ex, Katherine."

From 1.01 "Pilot", in Stefan's room, Stefan looked at a picture of Katherine from 1864.

Elena: (voice over from 1.02 Night of the Comet) "She broke your heart."

Stefan looked up.

Stefan: (voice over from 1.02 Night of the Comet) "That was a long time ago."

From 1.11 "Bloodlines", in Stefan's room, Elena and Stefan were sitting together.

"Why do I look like her?" Elena asked. "Why does Alex look like her?" 

From 2.01 "The Return", on the porch of the Lockwood Mansion, Tyler and Kacie were standing outside at the front door on the porch, greeting guests, looking numb and in denial.

Mason walked toward them.

"So the black sheep returns," Tyler told him, crossing his arms over his chest.

Mason stepped up one more step, level with them, looking at Tyler. "Tyler?" He looked at Kacie. "Kacie?"

From 2.01 "The Return", in the Lockwood Mansion, in the living room, Damon was watching Mason and Tyler talking, looking at Liz. "Who's the guy with Tyler?"

"It's the mayor's younger brother, Mason Lockwood," Liz answered. "Tyler and Kacie's uncle." 

From 1.21 "Isobel", in Isobel's House, John was lying on the floor in pain, groaning, a scratch on his forehead from being beat down.

Liv sat in a chair next to him. "Okay, if vampires exist, where the hell are they?"

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in Grayson's office, Kaylin walked toward John.

John activated the device.

Kaylin was suddenly in pain, holding her head, falling to her knees, screaming.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in Town Square, Stefan was suddenly in pain, grabbing his head, falling to his knees.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", outside the Mystic Grill, Damon was suddenly in pain, grabbing his head, falling to his knees, screaming.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in the Grill's bathroom, Anna and Jeremy were in the bathroom.

Anna was suddenly in pain, grabbing her head, screaming.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in Town Square, Cristian was suddenly in pain, grabbing his head, falling to his knees, groaning and screaming.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in the Town Square, Nicola was pushing her way toward the others, hearing the voices around her, stopping, looking toward the noise.

"Is that the Mayor?" a man in the crowd asked.

The Deputy rolled the man over to reveal Richard.

Richard was unconscious, blood dripping out of his ear.

Nicola realized that Richard had been effected by the device, but was confused by why.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", in Richard's car, Tyler was driving. Caroline was sitting next to him. Matt Donovan sat behind Tyler. Eliza sat behind Caroline. Kacie sat between Matt and Eliza.

"That noise," Tyler told them.

"Wait," Matt told them. "What noise?"

Kacie screamed, holding her head.

Tyler groaned a scream, losing control of the car.

"Kacie?" Eliza asked worriedly.

"Tyler!" Caroline told him.

The car crashed into a building head-on with Caroline and Eliza's side taking the brunt of the impact.

From 1.22 "Founder's Day", on the road, Tyler and Kacie were lying on the pavement, unconscious.

Two EMTs were helping them.

They opened one of their eyes.

Tyler and Kacie's eyes were amber-gold before they faded back to their normal brown.

From 2.02 "Brave New World", in the Salvatore Boarding House's living room, Stefan, Damon, Kaylin and Nicola were talking.

 "I think the Lockwoods have a family secret, because the Gilbert device affected them, but vervain didn't," Damon told them. 

From 2.02 "Brave New World", in the parking lot, Mason jumped onto the car, onto the ground, jumping over Carter, in between him, Tyler and Kacie. His eyes were glowing amber gold.

Damon: (voice over from 2.02 Brave New World) "They're not vampires, they're something else."

From 2.01 "The Return", in Alex/Elena's room, Damon was trying to kiss Alex.

Alex pushed him back. "No, no, no, Damon. I care about you. Listen to me, I care about you. I do. But... I love Tyler. I can't..."

Jeremy was standing in the doorway that led to the hall. "Alex, what's going on here?"

Damon rushed toward Jeremy, pushing him against the wall.

"Damon!" Alex told him. "No!" Damon snapped Jeremy's neck. Alex looked at them in denial. "Damon!" Damon let Jeremy's body fall. Alex started to cry. "No!"

From 2.01 "The Return", in Alex/Elena's room, Alex held Jeremy's head in her lap with one arm, the other wrapped around Liv. Liv was holding one of Jeremy's hands. Elena had her arm wrapped around Liv, holding Jeremy's other hand. They were still waiting for the ring to bring him back.

Cristian and Stefan stood nearby, keeping their space. 

 "It's Katherine," Cristian told them. "She got under his skin. She undid everything that was good about him."   

"There's nothing good about him, Cristian," Liv told him. "Not anymore."   

From 2.01 "The Return", in the Salvatore Boarding House's living room, Damon threw his drink into the fire place, making the glass shatter and the flames crawl along the walls before settling down again.

Elena: (voice over from 2.01 The Return) (crying) "I hate him, Stefan."

From 2.01 "The Return", in Alex/Elena's room, Alex held Jeremy's head in her lap with one arm, the other wrapped around Liv. Liv was holding one of Jeremy's hands. Elena had her arm wrapped around Liv, holding Jeremy's other hand. They were still waiting for the ring to bring him back.

Cristian and Stefan stood nearby, keeping their space.

Jeremy gasped himself back to life.

From 2.02 "Brave New World", in Alaric's classroom, Stefan, Damon, Kaylin, Elena and Alex were talking about Caroline's new transformation into a vampire.

 "Well, Damon fed her blood, and Katherine obviously killed her," Kaylin told them.

From 2.01 "The Return", in Caroline's hospital room, Katherine grabbed one of Caroline's pillows, pushing it down over her face.

Caroline screamed, the screams being muffled from the pillow, unheard. She struggled.

Katherine held the pillow over Caroline's face until she suffocated. 

Kaylin: (voice over from 2.02 Brave New World) "And A plus B equals..."

From 2.02 "Brave New World", in Caroline's hospital room, Caroline had the nurse pinned to the wall by her throat, transforming. "Because I'm starving."

Caroline bit the nurse, feeding hungrily. 

--

Day One

Day - Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alaric arrived at the house.

Nicola opened the door for him. "Thanks for coming, Ric." 

Alaric walked in. 

Nicola closed the door.

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches. 

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" 

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin. 

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

  "Alex and Elena mentioned you needed my help," Alaric told them. 

"Yeah," Stefan told him. "We were hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family." 

Alaric looked at Alex curiously. 

Alex shook her head. "Don't look at me. They're not listening to a thing I say."

"'Cause you know that you're lying," Damon told her. Alex looked away in annoyance. Damon looked at Alaric. "She's in denial that something's up with her best friend and her little boyfriend."

Alex looked up at Damon on the arm of the couch next to her, growling her reply in a whisper. "I'm not in denial."

Damon looked down at Alex. "Are so." 

Alex rolled her eyes, looking away. 

--

Lockwood Mansion - Foyer 

Mason was wearing exercise clothes, walking toward the door, opening it, leaving for a jog. 

Tyler and Kacie had been standing in the next room, watching him, also dressed in exercise clothes. They exchanged a look, nodding, following him. 

Alaric: (voice over) "Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwoods?" 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches.

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex.

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin.

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

Kaylin looked at Alaric. "Well, you wouldn't. But your dead not dead vampire wife might." 

"Isobel's research from when you guys were at Duke together," Elena told him. 

"You said that she has spent years researching this town," Stefan told him.

"Isobel's research here in Mystic Falls is rooted in folklore and legends," Alaric told them. "But at the time, I thought most of which was fiction." 

Nicola looked from Kaylin to Damon and Stefan sarcastically. "Like that amazing vampire story." 

"Aside from vampires, what else?" Elena asked.

"The lycanthrope," Alaric answered.

There was a moment of silence where everyone else processed.

"Wait," Alex told him. "Like werewolves?" 

"No way," Kaylin told them. "Impossible. Way too Lon Chaney." 

"Is it?" Stefan asked. 

"I've been on this plant one hundred and sixty one years," Kaylin told them. "Never came across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" 

--

Woods 

Mason ran toward the edge of the woods, to where some building ruins laid. 

Tyler and Kacie were several feet away, hiding behind different trees, watching Mason. 

Mason looked around to see if anyone was following him, walking into the big opening in the ground. 

Alaric: (voice over) "Well, why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches.

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex.

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin.

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

Nicola looked at Alaric. "Because vervain didn't affect the Mayor on Founder's Day, but the Gilbert device did. And if effected his kids, Tyler and Kacie."

--

Woods 

Tyler and Kacie exchanged a look, staying in hiding, looking toward the ruins. 

Stefan: (voice over) "And at the school carnival, their uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival's workers." 

Mason walked out of the ruins, running away.

Tyler and Kacie made sure he was gone, stepping out of hiding, walking toward the ruins. 

Tyler walked ahead of Kacie down into the ruins. 

Kacie hesitated, looking in the direction that Mason had gone to make sure he was really gone. She looked down the steps into what looked to be an underground cellar. 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches.

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex.

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin.

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

Stefan looked at Alaric. "It suggests some sort of supernatural entity." 

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena told him.

"Well, all her things are still at Duke," Alaric explained. "I mean, she's technically still missing." 

Alex leaned forward. "So can we get access to it?" 

--

Woods 

Kacie walked down the steps toward the old, thick wooden door, opening it, walking inside.

--

Cellar 

Kacie was looking around the cave-like cellar, opening an iron gate, using the light on her phone to show her the way, taking pictures of the walls. They had claw marks all over the stone. 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches.

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex.

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin.

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

Damon looked at Alaric. "Ric, we need to know what we're dealing with. If this wolf men thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good."

--

Cellar 

Kacie heard chains clanking against the walls, jumping, turning around. 

"It's just me," Tyler told her. "It's just me." 

Kacie gave Tyler a look.

Tyler saw the claw marks on the walls, lining his fingers to each slash, trailing down. 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Alex, Stefan and Elena were sitting together on one of the couches.

Damon was sitting on the arm of the couch next to Alex.

Alaric sat down on the couch across from them, sitting next to Kaylin.

Nicola sat on the arm of the couch next to Kaylin.

Damon looked at the others. "It means Mason Lockwood is a real life Lon Chaney, and that little Tyler punk very well may be Lon Chaney Jr., and Kacie might even be Miss Lon Chaney. Which mean Bela Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed." 

--

Cellar 

Kacie looked around the cellar in confused suspicion. 

--

Worlds Colliding (The Vampire Diaries)

--

Forbes House - Porch

(Song:) Under My Bed - Meiko 

Matt was knocking at the door.

--

Inside - Foyer 

Caroline was inside, but she couldn't answer the door because of the sunlight between her and the door. 

She could heard Matt's voice. "Caroline?" Matt continued to knock. Caroline put her hand into the sunlight, making her skin burn, groaning in pain, pulling her hand out of the light. "Caroline." 

Caroline sighed, sitting down on the floor, leaning against the doorway behind her.

--

Porch 

Matt took out his phone, calling Caroline. 

Caroline: (voice mail) "It's Caroline. Leave a message." 

"Hey, I thought you said you were at home," Matt told her. "Tyler and Kacie are doing this whole thing at the swimming hole, and I want us to spend the day together. Where are you? Call me." 

Matt hung up, walking away, leaving.

--

Foyer 

Caroline had been listening, looking depressed, sighing. 

Eliza walked closer. "Care? You okay?" 

Caroline looked at Eliza. "Yeah. You don't have to worry about me, Eliza. Just, uh..." She looked at her hand, looking over her nail polish. "Tired." 

Eliza was confused by Caroline's behavior. "Kacie and Tyler are throwing a party at the swim hole. Come with me?" 

"No, but you should go," Caroline told her, standing, turning to face Eliza. "You know, swim and soak up the sun, and get out of the house for a little while." 

"You're trying to get me out of the house for a while," Eliza realized. Caroline shook her head, opening her mouth to speak. "Is Matt coming over or something?" 

Caroline smiled as if she was glad that Eliza had thought of that when she hadn't. "Yes. Yes, Matt's coming over, so..." 

Eliza nodded awkwardly. "Yeah, then I should probably go." 

"Yeah," Caroline agreed awkwardly. 

Eliza walked past Caroline into the sunlight toward the door. She hesitated, looking at Caroline.

Caroline smiled awkwardly, regretfully, nodding.

Eliza turned around, opening the door, walking out of the house, leaving, closing the door behind her.

Caroline sighed, hanging her head in guilt for lying to her younger sister.

--

Porch 

Eliza stopped on the porch, seeming to know that Caroline was lying, confused as to why. 

--

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

Kaylin and Nicola were talking.

"Are you going to the swimming hole for the party?" Kaylin asked. 

"Why would I want to go?" Nicola asked.

"Oh, I don't know, Nik," Kaylin told her sarcastically. "Maybe for some fun? Do you remember what that word means and how awesome it feels?" 

"You know what would be more fun?" Nicola asked. "Our type of just-the-two-of-us parties." 

Kaylin smiled a sly smile. "Ooh, I would definitely take you up on that, but Caroline needs to be taught how to be a vampire sooner rather than later." Nicola sighed, turning to leave the room. "Although, I don't know why you would stay cooped up in a house with no one else around while it's your birthday.

Nicola stopped, closing her eyes, sighing, hanging her head slightly, turning to face Kaylin. "How the hell did you find that out?" 

"I work in mysterious ways," Kaylin told her. "Happy 17th Birthday." 

"Seriously, I really don't want to talk about it," Nicola told her.

"Why not?" Kaylin asked.

"Because it's the first birthday I've had without both my parents alive," Nicola answered.

There was a long moment of silence.

Kaylin looked at Nicola sympathetically. "All right, then. Then, I'm gonna go ask Bonnie to make a daylight ring for Caroline so she can stay connected with her humanity, and I'm gonna walk Caroline through the process. And Alex, Damon, Stefan and Elena are going to Duke with Alaric. And since you don't want to make a big deal out of your birthday, we can go to the swimming hole, and I won't tell anyone it's your birthday, and we can do whatever the hell we want." 

"I like your thinking, Kaylin," Nicola told her. 

"When I get back, you're coming with me, you got that?" Kaylin asked. "Katherine already tried to kill you when you were alone in here once, and believe me when I tell you it could have gotten a whole lot worse. So, suck it up, because you're going to the swimming hole, and you're going to have some fun for your birthday." 

Nicola sighed, nodding.  

(Song Ends) 

--

Gilbert House - Alex/Elena's Room 

Alex and Elena were preparing for their trip.

Stefan was in the room. "Are you sure you want to do this?" 

"Which part?" Elena asked. "Digging into our birth mother's life work, or going to Duke with you, Alaric and Damon?" 

"Or the part where I have to go there just to make sure that my best friend and boyfriend aren't apart of a supernatural species that I had never thought existed?" Alex asked.

Elena put her hand on Alex's arm sympathetically, smiling a small smile. 

"Any," Stefan answered. "All of them." 

"Well, I'm sure about the first part, though and you and Alaric are good buffers, and we could bond with our anti-Damon solidarity," Elena told him. 

"And I can't just sit back and wonder whether Kacie and Tyler are werewolves," Alex told them. 

Elena looked at Stefan. "Are you sure that you want to go?" 

"Yeah," Stefan answered. "Kaylin and Nikki have it under control here. They'll talk to Bonnie, and they'll help Caroline. I'm going because of you. You have questions about your lineage. And about Katherine." He looked at Alex. "And you have questions about Tyler and Kacie, and if they're a danger to people that you care about, of if they're in danger themselves. I'm not going to let the fact that Damon is coming with us to keep you from the opportunity to get some answers." 

"You hate it, though," Elena told him.

"I hate it, though," Stefan answered. 

Alex sighed, sitting down. "I'm not even sure if I'm ready for this. I mean, it's not everyday that you find out your boyfriend and your best friend are something supernatural." Elena looked at her, tilting her head. Alex sighed. "Fine, you found that out with Stefan and Bonnie, too, so now I know what you went through. But if I don't go looking for answers, then I'll go crazy." She looked at Elena. "You know, it's ironic that you're helping me find out more about Tyler and Kacie since I helped you find out about Stefan, Damon and Kaylin." 

Elena smiled. She looked at Stefan. "Speaking of..." She kissed him sweetly. "I love you." 

"I love you, too," Stefan told her .

Alex rolled her eyes, grabbing her bag, standing, walking downstairs. 

--

Foyer 

Jenna and Alaric were talking, waiting. 

"It's been a while," Jenna told him.

"Well, the school has been keeping me busy," Alaric told her. 

"I want you to know it means a lot to me that Alex and Elena have a connection to their mother," Jenna told him. "I appreciate you bringing them along today." 

"Yeah," Alaric agreed. "I figured it was time to take care of my wife's things. You know?" Jenna nodded. "Look, Jenna, I know things between you and I have been a little start and stop, and I'm sorry for that, but maybe once I can--" 

"Uh, no," Jenna told him. "Don't do that. Not the half maybe apology hope for the future thing." The car horn honked from outside. "Alex, Elena? Are you coming?" Jenna looked Alaric. "Do what you need to do, okay?" 

Stefan, Alex and Elena walked downstairs. 

Alaric walked outside, leaving.

Alex looked at Jenna. "Hey, are you okay?" 

"Yeah," Jenna answered. "Just mean and their baggage." 

Alex nodded, knowing she wasn't being serious, walking outside, leaving. 

--

Outside 

Alaric, Stefan, Damon, Alex and Elena were packing up the car. 

Damon looked at Stefan, Alex and Elena. "Sure you guys will be comfortable? I mean, hey, one of you girls could always come up to the front with me." 

Elena glared at Damon.

"Okay," Alex told them. "Time to go." 

They got into the car, driving away, leaving. 

--

Lockwood Mansion - Study 

Carol was sitting at the desk.

Tyler and Kacie were standing nearby.

"Have you been down to those old ruins in the woods?" Tyler asked.

"The Old Lockwood Estate?" Carol asked.

Kacie nodded. "Yeah. What do you know about it?"

"It was the original plantation house," Carol told them. "Beautiful antebellum architecture. And if it hadn't burnt to the ground, we'd probably be living in it."

"Hmm," Tyler hummed. "What the deal with the freaky underground cellar?" 

Tyler stepped away. 

Carol looked at them cautiously. "We don't talk about those kind of rooms." 

"Why not?" Kacie asked. 

"Well, this is the South, honey, but no one likes to reminisce about the old slave days," Carol answered.

Mason walked in, looking from Kacie and Tyler to Carol. "Hey. What are you guys talking about?" 

Tyler shook his head, gesturing to Kacie and Carol. "We were just talking about the Old Lockwood Property." Kacie smiled, standing. "Thinking of having friends over to the swimming hole." 

"Be careful," Carol told them. "If anything happens on the property, the family is liable." 

"Of course," Tyler told them. 

Kacie smirked. "I'll be there. I'll keep him in check." 

Tyler scoffed. "Please. You'll get in more trouble than me."

Tyler walked out of the room, leaving.

Kacie smirked. 

--

The Grill

(Song:) In Your Skin - Lifehouse 

Kaylin and Bonnie were sitting together at a table. 

"I don't know how to make a day-walking ring," Bonnie told her. 

"Emily made my daylight necklace, and she made Stefan and Damon's rings," Kaylin told her. "Instructions must be in the Grimoire." 

"That doesn't mean I can cast the spell," Bonnie told her.

"Bonnie, you know how to drop vampires with a single look, okay?" Kaylin asked. "Which is awesome, by the way. I think you can figure it out."

"Caroline killed someone, Kaylin," Bonnie told her. "I can't make it easier for her to do it again."

"No, we're not making it easier for her," Kaylin told her. "We're just giving her the chance to survive. Listen, everyday that she's cut off from her old life: from you, from Elena, from Alex, from Matt, it'll make it that much harder for her to hold on to her humanity. Which, trust me, a no-humanity vampire is like a death wish."

"And how do you know she won't hurt anyone else?" Bonnie asked. "How do you know she won't hurt Eliza, the sister who has no clue about any of this that lives in the same house as her and is super close to her?"

"I don't," Kaylin answered. "But if we don't do everything we can to help her or at least trust the fact that she can keep it together, we might as well just stake her right now."

"I don't know if I can trust her," Bonnie admitted. "Not with this."

Kaylin tilted her head. "Then trust me."

--

On The Road - Alaric's Car 

Alaric was driving. Damon was in the passenger seat next to him. Stefan was sitting in the backseat behind Damon. Elena was in the middle. Alex was sitting behind Alaric. 

Damon looked back at them. "How are you doing back there?" Elena and Alex exchanged an annoyed look, looking outside. "You know, this whole pretending to hate me thing is getting a little silly." 

"I don't think they're pretending," Stefan told him. "You did kill their brother." 

"There is a huge asterisk next to that statement," Damon told them. "He came back to life." 

"Yeah, thanks to a ring you didn't know he was wearing," Elena told him.

"Why are you so sure I didn't know?" Damon asked. 

Alex looked at Damon. "Did you?" 

Damon looked at Alex. "Yes." 

Alex narrowed her eyes at Damon. "You're lying." 

"Alex, I saw the ring," Damon told her. "It's a big, tacky thing. It's hard to miss." 

Alaric looked at his ring identical to Jeremy's on his finger. 

(Song Ends) 

--

Forbes House - Caroline's Room 

Caroline was sitting on her bed, out of the way of the sunlight, holding a ring. 

Kaylin was sitting in a chair next to the window.

Bonnie was standing nearby with the Grimoire in her hands.

"Is Eliza home?" Kaylin asked.

"No," Caroline answered. "I convinced her to go to the swimming hole without me. Eliza knows something's up, though. She knows I'm lying. She's too hyper-alert for her own good. And, trust me, when she finds out someone's lying to her, she's determined to find out what it is, especially if it's someone close to her and she trusts. I don't know how I can keep this from her." 

"Let's just get this over with, okay?" Bonnie asked.

"Okay," Caroline whispered, looking down at her ring. "So, I don't get to choose the ring I have to wear the rest of my life?"

"Hey, if you don't want it..." Bonnie trailed off.

"No, no, she wants it," Kaylin told her. "Now what?"

"Now is the part where I explain the rules," Bonnie answered. She looked at Caroline. "The witch who spells the ring has the power to dispel it, so if you ever do anything to hurt anyone..."

"I'm not gonna hurt anyone," Caroline told her. 

"You are a vampire," Bonnie told her. "That means the urge to kill is a part of who you are. The minute you let it take over, I will stop you."

"Bonnie, you're supposed to be my friend," Caroline told her.

"I can't ignore what happened, okay?" Bonnie asked. "If you want to be friends, you have to prove that the Caroline I remember isn't gone. Now put the ring on the bed."

Caroline put the ring on her bed in front of her. "Do you really think I meant to kill that guy at the carnival?"

"He's still dead," Bonnie replied. "Now, do you want me to cast the spell or not?" She opened the curtain just enough to allow sunlight to touch the ring, but not Caroline. Concentrating, Bonnie looked at the ring, closing her eyes. After a moment of silence, she opened her eyes. "All done."

Bonnie handed the ring to Caroline.

Caroline took it cautiously, putting it on her finger. "So, that's it? I mean, nothing witchy happened. You know, no flickering lights, no gust of wind. Have you even done this before?"

"Caroline..." Kaylin sang toward her bitchy tone.

"I just want to make sure that worked," Caroline told them. 

Bonnie opened the curtain all the way allowing the sunlight to pour all over the room.

Caroline squealed, cringing away from the sunlight, but nothing happened.

"It worked," Bonnie told her. 

"What if it hadn't, Bonnie?" Caroline asked incredulously. 

Bonnie looked at Kaylin. "She's all yours."

Bonnie took the Grimoire, walking out of the room, leaving. 

Caroline smiled, looking at the ring, looking toward the sunlight, knowing she could finally go outside during the day. 

--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Outside 

Alaric pulled the car up to a building. 

--

Inside - Outside Of The Office 

Alaric led Damon, Alex, Stefan and Elena through the hall. 

"So Isobel was officially employed by the anthropology department given that most paranormal phenomenon is rooted in folklore," Alaric explained. He looked at the woman behind the front desk. "Excuse me. Hi. I'm Alaric Saltzman. I called earlier." 

"Yes, of course," the woman told them. "I'm Vanessa Monroe, research assistant comparative folklore." She looked at Damon, Alex, Stefan and Elena weirdly. "Uh, let me just grab Isobel's keys." 

"These are my friends," Alaric told her. "Damon, Alex, Stefan and Elena. I hope this isn't too much of an imposition." 

"Oh, please," Vanessa told them. "Isobel's office is right through there. Isobel was one of my first professors. I'm a grad student. She was brilliant, and one of the reasons I went into folklore." She looked at Alaric. "Uh, I have to ask. Has there been any news?" 

Alaric shook his head. "No. I'm afraid not." 

"It's this way," Vanessa told them, opening the office door, leading the way inside.

The others followed.

--

Office 

Damon, Alex, Stefan, Elena, and Alaric looked around.

Vanessa remained by the door. "I'll grab the light. Feel free to look around." Everyone looked around. "It's fascinating, isn't it?" 

Vanessa walked out of the room, leaving.

The others looked everywhere.

Stefan noticed she was gone. "Where did she go?" 

Vanessa walked into the room, carrying a crossbow, shooting an arrow at Alex.

Damon rushed in front of Alex, facing her, receiving the arrow in his back to save her. 

Alex looked at Damon in shock, processing, catching him as he fell.

Alaric and Elena were too shocked to move.

Stefan grabbed Vanessa, pushing her against the wall behind her.

--~--

Another Room 

Alex was removing the arrow from Damon's back.

"Pull it out," Damon told her. "I can't reach it, Alex. Just pull the damn thing out. It hurts." Alex looked annoyed, pulling the arrow out with more strength than she had to, causing him more pain, making him groan. Damon exhaled, standing. "That bitch is dead." 

"You're not gonna kill her," Alex told her.

"Watch me," Damon told her, walking toward the door behind her. 

Alex turned to face Damon. "You touch her, and I swear I will never speak to you again." 

Damon turned to face Alex. "What makes you think that has any power over me? Because I took an arrow in the back for you? You're severely overestimating yourself." 

Damon put an arm on Alex's shoulder.

Alex smiled sarcastically, pushing his arm away. "Right. I forgot that I was speaking to a psychotic mind who snaps and kills people impulsively. Fine, go ahead, do whatever you want." 

Damon narrowed his eyes at her. "You're trying to manipulate me." 

"If by 'manipulate', you mean, 'tell the truth', okay," Alex told him smugly, crossing her arms over her chest. "Guilty." 

Damon looked at Alex curiously.

Alex rolled her eyes, walking out of the room, leaving.

--

Office 

Stefan, Alaric and Elena were with Vanessa.

Stefan was having Vanessa sitting in a chair.

"Please!" Vanessa told them. "I freaked out, okay? All right, you would have done the same thing. It's not possible." She looked at Elena. "Katherine Pierce can't be alive." She looked at Stefan. "And Stefan, Kaylin and Damon Salvatore died in 1864. Okay? I read Isobel's research." 

"Well, then you should know just how possible this is," Alaric told her.

Alex and Damon walked in.

"I'm Elena Gilbert," Elena told her. She pointed at Alex. "This is my sister, Alex Gilbert."

"Who you just tried to kill," Alex told her.

"We're Isobel's daughters, and descendants of Katherine Pierce," Elena told her. She pointed at Stefan. "This is my boyfriend Stefan Salvatore." She nodded to Damon. "And his brother Damon Salvatore."

"Who you just shot," Alex told her. 

"I'd be extra nice to me right now," Damon told her. 

"Look, we need your help, okay?" Stefan asked. "We need to see all of Isobel's research. Anything related to Mystic Falls." 

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia 

Salvatore Boarding House - Living Room 

(Song:) Dance Floor Anthem (I Don't Wanna Be in Love) - Good Charlotte 

Nicola was drinking, listening to the song, moving her head to the beat, starting to dance, swaying her head from side to side, spinning around, a hand in her hair. She set her bottle down on the fire place mantle, grabbing a match book, taking a match, scratching it against the mantle, lighting it up. She watched the flame dance in front of her, smirking, tossing the match into the dying ember of the fire.

The fire lit again immediately. 

Caroline and Kaylin walked in, looking at Nicola in slight surprise. 

Nicola raised their bottle toward them. "Hi."

Kaylin smiled. "And here I thought you didn't know what fun was before you met me." 

"Well, I decided to take your advice and get drunk so I can actually enjoy my birthday," Nicola told her, taking a drink.

"Today's your birthday?" Caroline asked. Nicola took the bottle away from her lips, nodding. "Well, Happy Birthday." 

"Uh-huh," Nicola told them. "What are you guys doing here?" 

"Well, Stefan wants to teach her the bunny-eating diet, but she already said that she didn't want to chase it, catch it, or feed on it," Kaylin explained. "So I brought her here to try it my way." 

Kaylin walked out of the room, leaving.

Caroline walked closer to Nicola. "'Cause isn't killing cute defenseless animals the first step in becoming a serial killer?" 

"Well, you sort of skipped the serial killer, and went straight to vampire," Nicola told her. Kaylin returned with two blood bags, walking toward the table, grabbing two glasses. "Caroline, if you're not serious about all of this, I think you should tell us." 

Kaylin opened one of the blood bags, pouring the contents into a glass, moving her head to the beat of the music. 

"No, I am," Caroline told them. "Look, I swear that I am, okay? But it's just..." Kaylin put the empty bag down, grabbing the other, opening it, pouring the contents into another glass. "I haven't been in the sun for days, and I have to lie to Eliza, my sister who is more like my best friend about all of this, when she knows that I am keeping something from her, and everyone is at the swimming hole having fun, and Matt is there. And he finally told me that he loved me but I have been blowing him off, and now Stefan wants me to eat bunnies, and I want to drink blood bags, and the only one that really approves of that method is Kaylin, because Damon is more into killing people, or feeding on them and erasing their minds afterward, and I'm kind of freaking out, okay?" Nicola was trying not to laugh. "And now you're laughing at me." 

"No, no, I'm not laughing," Nicola told her. "None of this is funny, trust me." 

Kaylin walked closer with the two glasses of blood. "It's just that..." 

"What?" Caroline asked impatiently. "What?" 

"When someone becomes a vampire, all of their natural behaviors get sort of amplified," Kaylin answered.

"What do you mean?" Caroline asked.

"I mean..." Kaylin trailed off. "As a human, I loved to play around, play games, but I was also very sympathetic, I cared deeply for people how they felt. If they were hurting, I felt their pain, and I felt guilty if I was the one who caused it. And as a vampire all of that got... magnified." 

"So, you're saying that now I'm basically an insecure, neurotic control freak... on crack?" Caroline asked.

Nicola pressed her lips together, looking away.

"Well, I wasn't gonna say it like that, but..." Kaylin trailed off. "I couldn't have said it any better myself, actually." 

Caroline looked away, overwhelmed. 

Nicola gave Kaylin a look. "Kaylin..."

Kaylin looked at Caroline. "Hey, listen." She handed a glass of blood to Caroline. "Let's drink, okay? And then after that, we'll go to the swimming hole." 

Caroline looked at them excitedly. "Really?" 

"Yeah," Kaylin answered. "Matt and Eliza are the closest connections that you have to your humanity, and I think that being around Matt and Eliza is a good thing. Plus, I think we deserve a little celebration for..." She reached toward Nicola teasingly. "This one's birthday."

Nicola smiled, pushing Kaylin's hands away. "All right, enough of that, okay?" She pointed at Kaylin. "You promised that you wouldn't make a big deal about it." 

"Oh, I know," Kaylin told her sarcastically, putting an arm around Nicola's shoulders. "I'm just so cruel to you." 

Nicola chuckled.

Caroline smiled. "Okay." 

Kaylin smiled, holding her glass of blood toward Caroline.

Caroline smiled, holding her glass of blood toward Kaylin.

Kaylin and Caroline looked at Nicola.

Nicola smiled, holding her bottle of bourbon toward them.

They clicked their drinks, each drinking. 

(Song Ends) 

--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Alex was reading a book, looking at drawings of werewolves.

Vanessa set a box in front of Elena. "This box tracks Katherine's arrival to Mystic Falls in April of 1864." 

"Is that all there is about her?" Elena asked.

Alex put down the book she was reading, walking closer.

"All that I'm aware of," Vanessa answered.

Stefan stood nearby, sliding a folded cloth toward Vanessa. "Here. Take this." 

Vanessa picked up the cloth, opening it to reveal vervain. She looked at Stefan. "Does vervain really work?" 

Stefan nodded.

Damon was across the room, able to hear them. "Nope! Not at all." 

Vanessa leaned closer to Stefan. "Can he hear us?" 

Stefan nodded.

Damon faked a whisper. "No. That would be creepy." 

Vanessa put the vervain in her pocket. "Can you guys read minds, too?" 

Damon turned to face them. "You know, if you want to see me naked, all you have to do is ask." 

Vanessa looked at Stefan.

"No," Stefan answered. "That we can't do." 

Alex turned back to the research. "Though Stefan is way too serious, and Damon is very capable of being a first-rate jackass. And their other family? Kaylin? Their descendant Nicola? Don't even get me started on the complication of them all." 

(Song:) Fantasy Friend Forever - The Asteroid Galaxy Tour 

Damon and Stefan looked at Alex for the playful insults. 

Alex turned her back to them, smirking. 

Elena smiled. 

--

Outside of Mystic Falls - Swimming Hole 

A guy was swinging on the rope over the water, letting go, falling into it as everyone cheered him on. 

A girl was next in line on the rope. Two guys helped pull it back for extra swing, letting her go.

The girl let go of the rope, falling into the water below. 

--

Elsewhere 

Eliza was standing with two of her friends, smiling as she talked to them. She looked behind them to see Matt and Tyler talking, obviously thinking about what Caroline had told her about Matt coming over to their house earlier on, catching Caroline in the lie. She seemed curious and confused.

--

Elsewhere 

Matt and Tyler stood next to Matt's truck, talking. 

"Where's Alex?" Matt asked.

"Not here," Tyler answered. 

"And you don't have a problem that she just left you without a date at your own party when she's your girlfriend?" Matt asked. 

"Dude, she's going with Elena and Saltzman to Duke to find out more about her real mother," Tyler told him. "I'm cool. But what about you, Donovan? Where is Caroline?" 

"I wish I knew," Matt told him.

"You guys are on the outs already?" Tyler asked.

"No," Matt answered. "We're fine. I'm fine. I'm just not sure what she is." 

Tyler nodded thoughtfully.

--

Elsewhere 

Kacie was standing alone, leaning against a tree, wearing a black hoodie over a bikini top. 

A teenage guy joined her. "Kacie Lockwood standing alone? No one of any kind around?" 

Kacie looked at the guy. "There's a first time for everything. Just trying to get distracted." 

"Hmm," the boy hummed, leaning against the tree next to her. "Anything I can help with?" 

"Maybe," Kacie answered. "Why? Is Austin Chambers asking to spend the day with me?" 

Austin smirked, using her words against her. "There's a first time for everything." 

Kacie smiled a small smile. "All right." She saw Mason's Bronco pull up behind Austin. Mason gestured for Kacie and Tyler to walk toward him. Kacie sighed. "After I talk to my secretive uncle." 

Tyler and Kacie walked toward Mason in his car.

"You busting us, or are you joining us?" Tyler asked. 

"Neither," Mason answered. "Hoping you guys can make sure everyone's out of here by dark." 

"What happens after dark?" Kacie asked in suspicion.

"Someone ends up wasted and dead at the bottom of the lake," Mason answered. Tyler chuckled. "You guys heard your mom. The family's liable if anything happens."

Kacie sighed. "Dude, don't be a party-killer." 

"Hey, I didn't say you had to stop partying," Mason told them. "I just said you had to take it elsewhere."

Tyler and Kacie sighed.

Tyler nodded. "All right. We'll be out of here."

Tyler and Kacie walked away.

(Song Ends) 

Mason drove away, driving past Caroline, Kaylin and Nicola as he did, looking at Kaylin and Nicola.

Kaylin and Nicola watched him go. 

Caroline noticed. "Kaylin, why are you looking at him with your suspicious vampire look and, Nicola, why are you looking at him with your serious human look?" 

"Our what?" Nicola asked. "'Suspicious vampire look' and 'serious human look'?" 

"Mm-hmm," Caroline answered. "I mean, Kaylin, you have so many expressions, but they are always tied with amusement or just wanting to have a good time." Kaylin smiled, shrugging. "But Nicola's 'serious human look' is different from her worried human look, neither of which stray too far from her 'Hey, it's Tuesday' look." 

Nicola smiled. "I get it. Okay. You think I'm... You think I'm too serious. Is that it?" 

"I mean, I wasn't gonna say it like that, but..." Caroline trailed off, using Kaylin's words from earlier.

Kaylin smiled, finishing with what she had said earlier. "I couldn't have said it any better myself, actually."

"Ha ha," Nicola told them, pushing them forward. 

The girls laughed, smiling, walking forward.

--

Elsewhere 

Matt was still standing at his truck.

A girl walked toward him.

"Hey, Aimee," Matt told her. Aimee handed Matt a beer cup. "Thanks." 

"You know, you're missing all the fun in the water," Aimee told him.

Matt showed Aimee his cast from when Isobel had Frank jump on the trailer and break his hand from 1.21 Isobel. "Not waterproof." 

"Too bad," Aimee told him. "So, there's a full moon tonight. We're gonna light a fire later, and tell ghost stories." 

"Uh, I don't know," Matt told her. 

Caroline approached them. "Matt." 

"What the hell?" Matt asked. "I've been calling you. I asked Eliza where you were, but she said that she didn't know." 

"I know," Caroline told him. "I got held up. But I'm here now." 

Caroline looked at Aimee.

"Hi, Caroline," Aimee told her.

Caroline compelled Aimee. "Go find somebody single to stalk, Aimee." 

Aimee walked away, leaving.

Matt looked at Caroline. "Seriously?" 

"She was flirting with you," Caroline told him.

"She's harmless," Matt told her. "You don't have to be rude." 

"You're mad?" Caroline asked. 

"You've been dodging my calls all day, and you get to show up here and be the jealous girlfriend?" Matt asked. "It's kind of lame, Care." 

Matt walked away, leaving.

Kaylin and Nicola approached Caroline.

"Hey, we saw that," Kaylin told her. "You compelled her." 

"Yeah, she deserved it," Caroline told them.

"Caroline, nobody deserved to have their mind messed with for shallow reasons," Nicola told her.

"You know, why is everyone sticking up for Aimee freaking Bradley?" Caroline asked. 

Kaylin tilted her head in amusement. "You're letting the jealousy get the best of you." 

"Oh, so now I have magnified jealousy issues, too," Caroline told them sarcastically. "That's great." 

"We told you this wasn't gonna be easy," Nicola told her.

"Yeah, well, I might as well have stayed dead," Caroline told them. "My entire personality is killing me." Kaylin smiled, trying to keep from laughing. Caroline looked at Kaylin. "Shut up." 

--

Elsewhere

(Song:) Send a Little Love Token - The Duke Spirit 

Cristian was leaning against a tree, looking toward Tyler and Kacie.

Liv joined him, singing her words teasingly. "You're obsessing." 

"I'm observing," Cristian corrected. 

"Did Kaylin tell you what they are?" Liv asked.

"She said that Alaric told them Isobel had found lycanthrope-related things around this area," Cristian told her. "Lycanthrope means--" 

"I know what it means," Liv told him. "I'm very into vampire and werewolf movies, books, TV shows... You name it." 

"Which explains why you're taking all of this so well," Cristian told her. "After, what, five days finding out about everything in one? You were freaky to begin with, Liv." 

Liv chuckled, scoffing. "Hey. Not fair. You're the one that's been the actual vampire for the last 500-something years. You were creepy before I even existed."

"Ooh, ouch," Cristian told her, turning to face Liv. "Better apologize." 

Liv smiled, shaking her head. "Mm-mm." 

Cristian tilted his head, looking behind Liv, considering something. "Okay, then." 

Cristian leaned down, grabbing Liv by the waist, lifting her off the ground, carrying her over his shoulder.

"Whoa," Liv told him. "What are you doing?" Cristian didn't answer, walking closer to the lake, smirking. "Cristian. What are you doing? Wha--?" Liv turned her head so she could see that they were right above the edge of the water, realizing what he was going to do, laughing. "No, Cris. No." Cristian smiled, letting Liv fall toward the water. Even as Liv was protesting, she was smiling and laughing. "No, no, no, don't!" 

Liv fell into the water. 

Cristian leaned against the tree next to him, smirking, crossing his arms over his chest. 

Liv broke through the surface, breathing deeply, looking up at Cristian. 

"Feel like apologizing now?" Cristian asked. 

Liv considered, shaking her head. "Nope. If you want me to apologize, you're gonna have to come in and make me." 

Cristian smirked, nodding. "Challenge accepted." 

Cristian took a step forward, falling into the water below.

Liv backed away, smirking teasingly, waving her arms underneath the water to keep herself above the surface. 

Cristian came closer.

Liv backed away, her smile widening.

"A... pologize," Cristian told her.

"I... don't think so," Liv told him.

Cristian smirked. "Do it." 

"Make me," Liv told him.

Cristian smiled, placing a hand on either of her cheeks, kissing Liv for a long moment. 

--

Elsewhere 

Caroline, Kaylin and Nicola were still standing by the truck, looking toward Liv and Cristian in the water. 

Caroline sighed. "They're so cute together." 

Kaylin and Nicola smirked, looking toward them.

"You hear that, Cris?" Kaylin asked. 

The girls chuckled.

--

Water 

Cristian had heard them, chuckling against Liv's lips.

Liv pulled away. "What?" 

Cristian looked toward Caroline, Kaylin and Nicola. "Caroline, Kaylin and Nicola are just eavesdropping and watching and commenting." 

Liv looked toward them, impressed by the long distance. "You can hear them from here?" 

"Mm-hmm," Cristian answered. 

Liv smiled. "That's so cool."

Liv and Cristian smiled.

Liv kissed Cristian with less hesitation, using both hands to swirl up through the water, through the surface, splashing Cristian, backing away, laughing. 

Cristian looked at Liv in slight surprise, smirking.

Liv continued to back away, giggling. 

Cristian stepped forward through the water, pulling Liv toward him. 

Liv turned her back to Cristian, putting both hands on his head, pulling Cristian underneath the water with her. 

(Song Ends) 

--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Elena was going through a box of papers.

Stefan stood next to her. "Any luck?" 

"There's nothing here about Katherine that we don't already know," Elena told them.

Damon and Alex stood nearby.

Damon tsked. "You know, it's a bummer that we're not friends anymore, because I could tell you what I know." 

Alex placed down the book she had been reading, looking at Damon sarcastically. "Now who's manipulating who?" 

Alaric and Vanessa were sitting at the desk. 

"Hey, guys, check this out," Alaric told them.

Stefan, Elena, Damon and Alex walked closer.

Vanessa closed the book she was holding, placing it down, taking the one that Alaric had. "There's no record of werewolf mythology in Mystic Falls, but here are some records of some lesser known legends." She handed the book to Alex. Alex and Elena looked it over. "Everything from Scandinavian skin walkers to the Marshal Derets." The picture that the book shown was a drawing of a werewolf in the middle of the page. Flowers were planted nearby. There was a sun. Elena took the book away from Alex, handing it to Stefan so he and Damon could see. Vanessa pointed at the page, saying an Aztec phrase. "Which roughly translates into 'The Curse of the Sun and Moon'." 

"It's Native American," Alaric told them.

Vanessa nodded. "Aztec. It explains one origin of the werewolf curse traced through Virginia." 

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Woods 

Mason got out of his car, grabbing a big, black bag, closing the door behind him. 

Vanessa: (voice over) "The short story. 600 hundred years ago, the Aztecs were plagued by werewolves and vampires. They terrorized the country-side, made farming and hunting impossible."

--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Vanessa pointed at a picture in a book. "Until an Aztec shaman cursed them, making vampires slaves to the sun, and werewolves servants of the moon. As a result, vampires could only prowl at night, and werewolves could only turn on a full moon."

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

 Old Lockwood Cellar 

Mason walked in with his bag and a flashlight, walking toward the stone wall, pulling on the chains that were suspended there, breaking them. 

Vanessa: (voice over) "When the full moon crests in the sky, whoever's unlucky enough to fall under the werewolf curse turns into a wolf." 

--

Durham, North Carolina

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Stefan looked at Vanessa. "Can they control the transformation?" 

Vanessa shrugged. "If it were a choice, it wouldn't be called a curse."

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Old Lockwood Cellar 

Mason put his bag on the floor, pulling out new chains and retractable cables, setting them up on the stone wall.

Vanessa: (voice over) "Werewolves will attack humans, but instinct and centuries of rivalry have hardwired them to hunt their prey of choice."

--

North Carolina, Virginia

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Vanessa looked at the others. "Vampires." 

Alex, Elena, Stefan and Damon exchanged a look.

Damon leaned forward against the desk. "Well, if werewolves were hunting vampires, I would know about it." 

"Not if there's not many werewolves left alive," Vanessa told them. "Hundreds of years ago, vampires hunted them almost to extinction."

"Why would they do that?" Elena asked.

"To protect themselves," Vanessa answered. Damon nodded. "Legend has it that a werewolf bite is fatal to vampires."

"Ooh," Damon told them.

Alex looked at Damon as if she was worried about what he would do to Mason, Tyler or Kacie.

--~--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Night - Swimming Hole

(Song:) Changes - Stars 

The full moon was high in the sky. 

Kaylin and Nicola were standing together next to the edge above the water, both laughing. 

Kaylin pretended to push Nicola off the edge. "Don't fall." 

Nicola laughed. "Stop it." 

Nicola turned to face Kaylin.

"See?" Kaylin asked. "Didn't I tell you that you could still have fun on your birthday?" 

"Yeah, you did," Nicola answered. "And, yes, I did. I did have fun, Kaylin. Thank you." 

Kaylin smiled. "Don't mention it." Her phone rang. She looked at the Caller ID to see it was Stefan calling, answering. "What do you want, brother? I'm having fun with Nikki." 

Stefan was standing outside Duke University. "Hi to you, too, Kaylin. Listen we've learned some stuff here and I know it's gonna sound crazy but I wanted to fill you in."

"What's up?" Kaylin asked.

Nicola looked at Kaylin in confusion.

Kaylin shook her head, shrugging as if to say, I don't know what to tell you. 

--

Elsewhere 

Liv and Matt were standing next to his truck.

"So..." Matt trailed off teasingly. "I saw you and that guy earlier." 

"'That guy' is named Cristian, and don't do that whole 'ex-girlfriend's little sister has a boyfriend, let's tease her since she's like a little sister' thing," Liv told him.

Matt chuckled.

Liv looked to the side as if she had just realized what she had called Cristian without thinking about it.

Matt noticed. "Boyfriend, huh?" 

Liv scoffed. "Shut up." 

"No, it's a good thing, Liv," Matt told her. "You need something... normal in your life." Liv looked at him. "You know, other than the constant anger and depression and isolation 'I don't care' attitude thing you've being putting yourself through."

"Thanks, Matt," Liv told him. "But, no matter what happens, I'm always gonna have that 'I don't care' attitude thing going on."

Matt smiled. "Of course, you are. You wouldn't be Liv if you didn't."

Liv looked at Matt. "Okay, I already know the answer to this, but I gotta ask." Matt looked at Liv as if he already knew the question. "You hear from Tory?"

Matt shook his head. "Nope. Last time I heard anything about her was when Tory had to be moved to another foster care home because she got into a fight with one of the other kids and nearly beat them to death. They had to rush them to a hospital, and, uh, they moved her to a foster home where she's the only kid there."

"Wow," Liv told him, stunned.

"Yeah," Matt told her sadly.

"What did the kid do to start the fight?" Liv asked.

"Taunting her about not being able to contact or see any of us again," Matt answered.

Liv sighed, shaking her head. "Maybe they deserved it then."

Matt gave Liv a look. "Don't say that."

"What?" Liv asked innocently. "I know you want her back as much as I do."

Matt nodded. "Yeah. I do. So, have you talked to Lindsey, Luke, Ryan? Your guys' other friends? Well, Luke and Ryan were Lindsey and Tory's boyfriends, but still." 

"Yeah," Liv answered. "I'm actually starting to hang out with Lindsey more now. Not Luke and Ryan, since they had to move away with their dad because their mom died. But it's still weird, you know?" 

"Yeah," Matt answered. "Of course it would be." 

--

Elsewhere 

Eliza was standing alone.

Caroline joined her.

Eliza didn't look at her. "Did Matt ever come over?" 

Caroline looked at Eliza. "Uh, yeah. We actually came together." 

"Well, that's funny," Eliza told her. "'Cause even while you were no where to be found, I saw Matt talking to Tyler. Here." 

"Oh," Caroline told her guiltily. "You only asked if Matt came over to see if I would lie." 

"Yep," Eliza answered. "So, Care, what are you hiding?" 

"It's a long story, Eliza," Caroline told her. 

"Okay, fine," Eliza told her. "Next question. Where's everyone? Alex and Elena never showed and I couldn't ever find Bonnie." 

Caroline was quick to change the subject. "You were bored all day, weren't you?"

"No," Eliza answered. "I had Claire and Stacey."

"Hmm," Care hummed. She sighed, looking toward Liv and Matt. "Long story short, he's mad at me."

Eliza seemed sympathetic. "Go talk to him. I'll wait."

Caroline looked at Eliza, smiling a small smile, walking away toward Liv and Matt, looking at Liv. "Hey, Liv." 

"Hey, Caroline," Liv told her. "Bye, Caroline." She looked at Matt. "Bye, Matt." 

"Bye, Liv," Matt told her.

Liv walked away, leaving. 

Caroline looked at Matt. "Still mad?" 

"I thought we were past all this insecurity stuff, Caroline," Matt told her. "I told you how I felt about you. What more do you need?" 

"Nothing," Caroline answered. "Nothing. I don't need anything else. I'm sorry, Matt. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so, so, so sorry." 

"I'm not kidding," Matt told her. "I'm not gonna put up with the drama." 

"No," Caroline told him. "No more drama. Just... I promise." 

Caroline kissed Matt sweetly for a long moment. 

Matt pulled away, smiling. "Come on." 

Matt took Caroline's hand, leading her away into the woods, leaving. 

--

Elsewhere 

Eliza was still standing where Caroline had left her, smiling a small smile after seeing Caroline and Matt make up, walking away, leaving. 

(Song Ends) 

--

Elsewhere 

Kaylin and Nicola were still standing above the water.

Kaylin was still on the phone with Stefan, now having her phone on speaker so Nicola could hear. 

"I don't know what that means, or if we should even believe it, but it's a full moon, guys," Stefan told them. "After what I saw Mason Lockwood do..." 

"We'll be careful," Nicola told him. 

"There's one more thing," Stefan told them. 

"What is it?" Nicola asked.

"According to the legend, a werewolf bite can kill a vampire," Stefan answered. 

Kaylin and Nicola exchanged a look, looking around. 

Everyone else had left.

"Listen, we got to go," Kaylin told him. "We'll see you guys when you get home, okay?" 

"Okay," Stefan told them, hanging up, sighing, looking across the Duke campus. 

Kaylin hung up.

Nicola pulled out her phone, making a call. 

A phone was ringing. 

Kaylin and Nicola walked toward the noise, seeing that Caroline had left her phone in her bed on Matt's truck. 

"Oh, you got to be kidding me," Nicola told her. 

Kaylin turned to face Nicola. "You find Liv and Cristian, okay? Tell them what's going on. I'll try to find Caroline and Matt. If what Stefan just told us is true, we need to find them and get the hell out of here." 

Nicola nodded. 

Kaylin walked into the woods, leaving. 

Nicola looked around, pulling out her phone, making a call.

--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Damon and Alex were standing alone. 

"You're planning on killing all of them, aren't you?" Alex asked.

"Yep," Damon answered, popping the 'P'. "Just so that I don't get killed." 

"Damon, you can't kill Kacie and Tyler," Alex told him. Damon looked at Alex curiously, tilting his head, opening his mouth to speak. Alex cut him off. "I don't care about Mason. I barely even know him. Just leave Tyler and Kacie alone. Please." 

Damon stepped closer to Alex until he was merely inches away. "What makes you think that whatever you say has anything on me?"

Alex sighed. "Because if you feel anything toward me, anything at all, you wouldn't do this, even after what you did to Jeremy. You know that I would hate you even more if you took the one thing that was starting to make everything better for me again, because they are my best friend, and my boyfriend, and you have already tried to kill my brother." She stepped closer to Damon. "And you know that's true." 

Damon pretended to be unaffected. "Still not seeing any reason not to kill them."

"Damon, please," Alex told him pleadingly. 

Damon stepped even closer, pointing at Alex. "You know, if they end up being  werewolves, and they try to kill me, then I will kill them."

"They're not werewolves," Alex told him. "I've been with them on nights with full moons, and they have never turned."

Damon hesitated, looking at Alex for a moment, considering it. "Fine."

Alex nodded, surprised and thankful. "Okay. Fine, then. Thank you." 

Alex turned around, starting to walk away. 

"You know, that doesn't mean I won't go after that uncle," Damon told her.

Alex turned to face Damon, raising her arms in a shrug, backing away. "I only care about Tyler and Kacie." 

Alex turned around, walking away, leaving.

Damon watched her go, more effected than he let on. 

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Old Lockwood Cellar 

Mason was chaining himself up to the stone walls. He had a water bottle, opening it, putting it down. He opened a vial of herbs, pouring it into the water, closing the bottle, shaking it up to stir. He heard distant voices, looking toward the entrance. 

He heard Austin's voice. "Not much further, Kacie." 

He heard Kacie's voice. "Really, Austin?" 

Mason exhaled, looking around in annoyance, at a loss for what to do.

--

Woods 

Austin had Kacie's hand, leading her toward the Lockwood Cellar.

"What are you doing?" Kacie asked.

"You said you had to move the party," Austin pointed out. "So, I'm helping you move the part." He turned to face Kacie, pulling her closer, smirking, looking at her for a moment, kissing her, pulling away after a moment, leading her toward the stairs. Kacie stopped. "Used to come out here with my dad for hunting. We found this place when I was nine." 

"Yeah, I know exactly what this is," Kacie told him. "It's a ruin buried underneath my family's old estate." 

"Which means no one will know we're down here," Austin told her, backing away down the stairs. "Come down into the Lockwood Cellar, Kacie Lockwood." 

"Is everyone else coming?" Kacie asked.

Austin nodded. "Yeah. Unless you rather we tell them not to. Or are you too scared?" 

Kacie scoffed. "I'm not scared." 

"Then what are you waiting for?" Austin asked.

Kacie sighed, smiling. "Screw it." 

Kacie walked down the steps. 

--

Lockwood Cellar 

Austin opened the door, leading the way in.

Kacie followed him in. 

Mason was gone. There was no trace that he had ever been there.

--

Woods 

Mason was running through the woods, trying to chain himself to a tree. He looked up at the full moon in the sky, starting to scream in pain. He ran toward his car, getting inside, closing the door behind him. 

The car rocked back and forth.

Mason's screams faded into animalistic growls.

--~--

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Isobel's Office 

Alex was going through anything that could help their research on werewolves and the Lockwoods.

Elena was going through anything that could help their research on Katherine and their bloodline, coming across a picture of Katherine from 1864. She looked at Vanessa. "Have you done any research on Doppelgangers?" 

"Well, the word means a lot of different things to different cultures," Vanessa explained. "But, typically, a Doppelganger is a living, breathing double of oneself." 

"Is there anything else that there is like a Doppelganger?" Alex asked. 

Vanessa nodded. "There's something called a Wraith. In some cultures, it's believed to be a ghost or ghost-like image of someone, especially one seen shortly before or after their death. But in other cultures, it means a manifestation of another being." 

"Meaning, Doppelganger," Alex finished.

Vanessa nodded. 

"Did Isobel have anything that'd explain the link between us and Katherine?" Alex asked. 

Vanessa used her little finger to point at the pile in front of Elena. "That's all she had on Katherine, unfortunately." Damon was looking toward them. Alex felt his gaze, looking toward Damon. Damon closed his book, turning his back to them to avoid their gazes, putting his book away. "But I can tell you that Doppelgangers usually torment the people that they look like. Trying to undo their lives. It's not exactly uplifting."

Elena sighed. "And more things we already know. I just want to know why we look alike."

"Head-scratcher, isn't it?" Damon asked, taunting Elena.

"Do you know something, or are you just being yourself?" Elena asked. 

"Well, if I know anything, I'm not going to tell you, not with those attitudes," Damon told them, walking closer.

Alex turned to face Damon, leaning against the table behind her, crossing her arms over her chest sarcastically. "That's good, Damon. And this is coming from someone who wants to be our friend. You know what? Friends don't manipulate friends. They help each other."

Alex walked away, leaving.

Damon considered this. 

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

 Lockwood Cellar 

Austin was kissing Kacie hungrily, trailing to her neck, pushing her into the stone wall behind her, trying to unbutton her jeans.

Kacie pulled away, smirking, pushing Austin back. "Ah ah ah. Might wanna take me on a date first."

"What do you think today was?" Austin asked, already trying to kiss Kacie again.

Kacie pushed Austin back with more force. "Definitely not a date. What the hell's wrong with you?" 

"Just let go," Austin told her, trying to do it again. They heard the gate opening, looking toward the entrance. "Who's that?" 

"Shh," Kacie told him, pushing Austin away, backing away from him and the gate.

"Wait," Austin told her, turning to face the entrance. "Who's there?" 

"Austin!" Kacie hissed in a whisper. 

Austin ignored her. "I said who's there?" 

Tyler grabbed Austin's head from behind, turning him to face him. "Her brother. Get gone before I kick your ass."

Tyler pushed Austin toward the gate.

"Tyler!" Kacie told him. Austin gave them a hateful look, walking out of the cellar, leaving. Kacie walked closer to Tyler. "What the hell?"

"Look like you needed a little help," Tyler told her. 

"This coming from a guy who got drunk enough to do that to a girl only a few months ago," Kacie told him.

"Yeah, that's right," Tyler told her. "I was drunk. Now I'm not. And I've changed. You've even said that for yourself." 

Kacie sighed, nodding. "Maybe dating my best friend was the best thing that ever happened to you. You really did change, Ty. For the better." Tyler smirked. Kacie sighed, shaking her head. "But what is it about me that attracts dicks and creeps?"

Tyler smiled a small smile. "I got your back."

Kacie smiled a small smile.

--

Woods 

Cristian was in the woods, looking for the others, hearing an animal growling. He saw Mason's car, walking toward it. He saw chains on the ground, looking into the car's tinted windows to see glowing amber gold eyes staring back at him. 

A wolf jumped through the window, tackling Cristian to the ground.

Cristian kept the wolf away at arms' length, barely stopping it from biting him, tossing the wolf over his head, away into a tree, making it fall to the ground.

The wolf stood, whimpering, rushing away.

Cristian rushed to stand, looking around, realizing that Mason was the wolf, looking around worriedly in suspicion.

--~-- 

Durham, North Carolina 

Duke University - Outside 

Alaric and Vanessa were walking outside.

"I trust you're not gonna say anything about this to anyone," Alaric told her.

"Or else Damon will kill me in my sleep?" Vanessa finished. "He gave me the 411, but if you need anything, you can call." 

"Hopefully, I won't have to," Alaric told her. 

Vanessa turned to face him. "But if you do..." 

"Listen, you don't want to get caught up in this," Alaric told her. "Really. It'll take over, and it will keep you from being able to live your life." 

"Isobel's disappearance..." Vanessa trailed off. "Is it related to her research?" 

"Isobel became her research," Alaric told her. "She wanted to become a vampire. And she got her wish."

Vanessa nodded awkwardly. "I guess that would put a strain on a marriage." 

"Anyway, I was wondering what it would be like to come back here," Alaric told her. "It's... It's okay. It's really okay. It feels good to have her in my past. You know, it's time to move behind this." 

Vanessa nodded.

--

Elsewhere 

Elena was walking alone.

Stefan walked toward her.

"Hey, where have you been?" Elena asked. "We're just getting ready to leave." 

"I was calling Kaylin and Nicola," Stefan answered.

Elena raised her eyebrows, unconvinced. "You were talking to them for over an hour?" 

"No," Stefan answered. "I just had to check on something nearby, but I'm back now." 

"What was so important that you had to check on?" Elena asked.

"I'll... tell you on the way to the car, okay?" Stefan asked. 

Elena nodded. "Okay." 

Elena and Stefan continued to walk forward.

--

Parking Lot 

Alex walked toward the car, trying to open the locked backseat door.

Damon walked toward her. "Here. Allow me." He unlocked the car, opening the door for Alex. Alex tried to get into the car. Damon stepped in her way. "You're not gonna be able to hate me forever." 

"Can we just go?" Alex asked.

Damon handed Alex a book. "You didn't dig deep enough." 

Alex looked over the book, reading the title. "'Petrova'? I saw this on a shelf." 

"Katherine originally came from Europe," Damon explained. "Petrova was her real name. Katerina Petrova, to be exact." 

Alex looked at Damon curiously. "How did you know that?" 

"Back when, I saw it engraved on an old heirloom," Damon answered. "Men snoop, too, you know. Let me know what you find. I'm never curious myself." Alex tried to get into the car. Damon raised an arm, leaning it against the car to stop her. "You have every right to hate me. I understand. But you hated me before, and we became friends. It would suck if that was gone forever. So, is it? Have I lost you forever?" 

Alex changed the subject. "Thank you for the book, Damon." 

Damon lowered his arm to his side.

Alex got into the car. 

Damon closed the door behind her.

--

Mystic Falls, Virginia

Woods 

Caroline and Matt were in the woods, talking.

"This looks like the spot," Matt told her.

Caroline turned to face him, smiling a teasing smile. "For what?" 

They kissed.

They heard Mason the wolf growling around them. 

"Did you hear that?" Matt asked. Caroline looked at Matt, losing herself, kissing Matt, pushing him against the tree behind him. Matt's hand scratched along the surface of the tree. "Ah, damn." 

Caroline pulled away. "What happened?" 

"I'm a klutz," Matt told her. Caroline looked at Matt's bleeding wrist. "What's the matter?" Caroline started to drink Matt's blood from his bleeding wrist. "Caroline? What are you doing? Caroline?" Caroline transformed, closing her eyes, biting Matt's wrist, feeding. "Caroline! Caroline!" Caroline pulled away, looking at Matt, still transformed. "What the hell? Your face!" 

Caroline bit Matt on the neck, feeding. 

Kaylin rushed toward them, pulling Caroline away from Matt. "Stop it! Stop! Stop! Stop!" 

Caroline realized what she did, her facing returning to normal.

Matt fell to the ground weakly.

"Oh, my God," Caroline told them guiltily, starting to walk toward Matt.

Kaylin held Caroline back. "No, no, no, stop. Listen to me. We need to get out of these woods now. We need to leave." 

They heard Mason the wolf growling around them, looking around.

"What was that?" Caroline asked. 

Kaylin looked toward Matt. "Matt, stay down. Do not move." Matt nodded weakly. They heard Mason the wolf growling around them. Kaylin looked at Caroline. "You and me, we're gonna run. It's going to follow us. We need to lead it away from Matt. You need to run as fast as you can. Do you understand me? Go, go!" 

Caroline and Kaylin rushed away, leaving. 

--

Elsewhere 

Liv was walking alone. 

Nicola ran toward her. "Liv!" 

Liv turned to face Nicola. "Nicola? What's the matter? What's going on?" 

"We need to get out of these woods right now," Nicola told her. "Do you hear me?" 

They heard Mason the wolf growling all around them, looking around.

"What was that?" Liv asked. 

"It's a werewolf," Nicola answered. "He will try to kill us, and he will try to kill Cristian, Caroline and Kaylin, and he can." 

"No, I'm not leaving without them," Liv told her.

"Damn it, Liv, they're looking for us right now," Nicola told her. "Let's go." 

Liv nodded.

Liv and Nicola ran through the woods, trying to find the others. 

They could hear Cristian. "Liv! Kaylin! Nicola!" 

They could hear Kaylin. "Nikki?"

Liv and Nicola reached the Lockwood Cellar. 

Tyler and Kacie walked outside. 

"Hey!" Tyler told them. "What are you two doing?"

"What are you two doing?" Liv replied.

Mason the wolf rushed toward Liv and Nicola, tackling Liv to the ground, biting toward her.

Liv tried to keep him away, screaming. "Nicola! Nicola! Nicola!"

Nicola turned to face them instantly. "Liv!" 

Nicola grabbed a tree branch from nearby, swinging it toward them as if the large, thick branch was a baseball bat, hitting Mason the wolf in the side, making him fall away from Liv to the ground. 

Liv slid away quickly, into a tree behind her, breathing heavily. 

Mason the wolf looked at Nicola, growling. 

Nicola held the branch in front of her as her only defense.

Mason the wolf snarled, leaping toward Nicola. 

Cristian rushed toward them, tackling Mason the wolf from mid-air to the ground, falling with him. Both rolled to crouching positions, facing the other.

Kaylin and Caroline rushed closer, slowing to a stop, looking over the scene. 

Tyler and Kacie looked at them in shock.

Mason the wolf looked at all of them, growling. 

"No!" Kacie told him. 

Mason the werewolf looked at Tyler and Kacie for a long moment, rushing away, disappearing.

Cristian slowly stood, looking at Liv. 

Liv looked at them in shock, still leaning against the tree, breathing heavily, in shock. 

Nicola and Kaylin exchanged a look.

Caroline looked at Tyler and Kacie.

Tyler and Kacie looked at them, turning to look at each other, all of them in shock, not knowing how to react to what just happened.

--~--

Swimming Hole 

Caroline was compelling Matt. "You're not going to remember what I did to you, or what you saw me become." 

"We were just making out in the woods," Matt told her.

"And then an animal attacked you, and bit your neck," Caroline told him.

"It's weird," Matt told her. "It just came out of nowhere." 

Caroline looked at Matt sadly, walking away toward Kaylin and Nicola. "What are we gonna do about Tyler and Kacie?" 

"I took care of it," Kaylin answered. "All they know is that they saw a wolf attack Matt in the woods. They don't remember anything about us being there." 

"I'll get Matt on vervain," Nicola told her. "It'll keep you from being able to compel him, and also to keep you from drinking his blood. And even though you can't compel Eliza because Damon compelled her never to take of her vervain necklace again, it doesn't mean a vampire can't rip it off. You should get some vervain in her system, too, so you can't feed on her." 

"I can't believe I hurt Matt," Caroline told them.

"I know," Nicola told her.

"He and Eliza are the only people on this entire planet that I never wanted to hurt," Caroline told them. "And I hate lying to them." 

"It's not going to get any easier," Kaylin told her. "Lying to them, hiding the truth. You're just gonna have to work that much harder." 

"I shouldn't be with him, should I?" Caroline asked. She looked at Kaylin. "Because if there is any danger..." 

"Why are you looking at me?" Kaylin asked. 

"Because you said that you compelled him to forget that you two ever had anything worth holding on to," Caroline answered. "Everyone just thought that things ended badly, but in reality, he really doesn't remember. You compelled him to protect him." 

"I compelled him because I couldn't look him in the face everyday and know that his sister was dead because of me and my family," Kaylin told her. "It has nothing to do with you. You can try to make this work, Caroline." 

"But is it worth it?" Caroline asked. "Putting him in danger like that?" 

"That's not up to us to decide," Nicola told her. "It's your choice." 

Caroline looked toward Matt guiltily.

--

Elsewhere 

Liv and Cristian were walking.

"So it really was a werewolf that tried to kill me," Liv told him in disbelief. "It has to be Mason." 

"Mm-hmm," Cristian agreed. "Couldn't be Tyler or Kacie. They were standing right in front of us when they practically saved us with a single word." 

"Is there any chances you could just rush us home with vampire speed?" Liv asked. "I'm tired. I mean, I know I shouldn't be because of what just almost happened to me, but I just want to go to bed." 

Cristian smirked, pulling Liv closer. "Sounds like a plan." He gently pushed a strand of hair out of her face. "I'm really glad you're okay, Liv." 

"Just like I am with you," Liv told him. "You risked your life to save us, Cristian. Thank you." 

Cristian smirked, wrapping his arms around Liv, making them disappear.

--

Elsewhere 

Kacie was walking through the woods, following a trail of wolf tracks. She watched as the wolf tracks turned to human foot prints, looking confused and surprised. 

--

Elsewhere 

Tyler found his way to Mason's car, noticing the bag and the chains on the ground. He noticed the shattered window, looking inside, pulling out a pair of pants.

Mason approached him from behind, naked and covered in dirt. "Wanna toss me those?" 

Tyler turned to face Mason, looking at him in shock, handing him the shorts.

Mason pulled them on without looking away from Tyler. 

Kacie had followed the tracks to them, looking at Mason in shock, circling around him to stand next to Tyler. "The tracks... the wolf..." 

"It was you," Tyler realized.

Mason nodded without saying a word.

Kacie and Tyler didn't know how to react. 

--

The Grill 

(Song:) Ashes and Wine - A Fine Frenzy 

Matt was sitting alone at a table.

Aimee sat down next to him. "Matt, hey. I can't believe an animal attacked you." 

"Yeah," Matt agreed. Caroline arrived, looking toward them. "There have been a lot of animal attacks lately." 

"Well, are you okay?" Aimee asked. 

"I've been better," Matt answered. "How are you?" 

"I'm okay," Aimee answered. "I'm just--I'm worried about you." 

"I'll be fine," Matt told her.

"Okay," Aimee told him.

Caroline looked down sadly, knowing what she had to do, walking closer to them angrily. "Seriously, Aimee?" 

"We were just talking," Aimee told her.

"Oh, that's what you call it?" Caroline asked.

"Yeah," Aimee answered.

Matt looked at Caroline. "Are you kidding me?" 

"No, I'm not, Matt," Caroline answered. "She's into you, and anyone can see it." 

"Look, I'm sorry," Aimee told them. "I didn't mean to... I'm just gonna go." 

Aimee stood.

Caroline stood in her way intimidatingly.

"Knock it off," Matt told her, standing. Aimee walked past them, leaving. Matt looked at Caroline. "What are you doing?" 

"This isn't my fault, Matt," Caroline told him. "Okay? She's after you, and I shouldn't have to put up with that." 

"I thought you said no more drama," Matt told her.

"Well, I lied," Caroline told him.

"Just forget it," Matt told her. "Just forget all of it." 

"So, what?" Caroline asked. "Are you, like, breaking up with me?" 

"Yeah," Matt answered. "Yeah, I guess that's what I'm doing." 

Matt looked at Caroline for a moment, walking away, leaving. 

Caroline sighed, sitting down at the table, looking down sadly.

--

Gilbert House - Kitchen 

Jenna was standing alone in the kitchen. 

Alaric walked in. 

"Ric, I wasn't expecting you, Alex and Elena until later," Jenna told him.

Alaric walked closer until he was merely inches away, kissing her for a moment, pulling away. "I should have done that this morning." 

Alaric and Jenna smiled, kissing for a long moment. 

--

Porch 

Alex and Damon walked toward the front door.

"Road trips work well for us," Damon told her.

"This doesn't mean that things are back to the way they used to be, Damon," Alex told him.

"Oh, come on," Damon told her. "You know I chipped a little bit off of your wall of hatred." 

Alex turned to face Damon. "I need to know the truth. When you broke Jeremy's neck, did you know that he was wearing the ring?" 

Damon hesitated, deciding to answer with the truth. "No. No, I didn't. Katherine really pissed me off, and I snapped, and... I got lucky with the ring. I don't know what I would have done if he wasn't wearing it. Alex, I'm sorry." 

Alex processed, nodding. "Thank you for being honest with me. And the answer to your question, about our friendship? Yes. You have lost me forever." 

Alex turned toward the door to go inside.

Damon grabbed her arm to stop her. "But you knew that already, didn't you? You used me today." 

Alex hesitated, looking at Damon. "You had information about Katherine that we needed to know, and I needed your promise that you wouldn't do anything to Kacie and Tyler." 

"I thought friends don't manipulate friends," Damon told her. Alex didn't answer, looking down guiltily. "Even though Elena looks exactly like her, you're very close, but you and Katherine have a lot more in common than just your looks." 

Damon looked at Alex for a moment, walking away, leaving. 

Alex watched him go, still guilty. 

(Song Ends) 

--

Day Two 

Morning - Forbes House - Eliza's Room 

Eliza was in her bed, waking up.

Katherine was here.

Eliza was startled to see her. "Elena?" 

"Nope," Katherine answered. "You don't know me yet, Eliza, but you will very soon." She sat down on her bed. "My name is Katherine." Eliza was confused, sliding away. "Don't be frightened. We're going to have so much fun together."

"What?" Eliza asked.

"You're going to help me make sure that your big sister behaves," Katherine told her.

Eliza looked at Katherine in confusion.

Katherine smirked. 

--

2.04 "Memory Lane" Trailer

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in Tyler's room, Tyler gently backed Alex into the wall behind her as they continued to kiss, pulling away. She pulled his shirt over his head, letting it fall to the floor.

LOVE 

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in Liv's room, Cristian and Liv sat on her bed.

Cristian opened his mouth to argue.

 Liv leaned closer, kissing him.

WILL

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in the Salvatore Boarding House's living room, Stefan and Elena embraced.

RISE

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in 1864, outside the Lockwood Mansion, Cristian and Kaylin were standing facing each other.

"But I've never met a woman quite like you," Cristian told her. "I look at you and I see an angel. A girl that would be destroyed by the contact of the world where I come from. A world of demons. I'd rather die than let the darkness of my world darken yours."

Cristian looked at Kaylin for a moment, leaning closer to kiss her goodnight.

LOVE

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in Stefan's Dream of 1864, Stefan and Katherine were dressed for the era. Katherine kissed him.

WILL 

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in 1864, outside the Lockwood Estate, Kaylin opened her eyes, awoken from the trance of compulsion, looking around in confusion to see that she was alone. She put a hand to her lips as if she was trying to remember.

FALL

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in the Salvatore Boarding House's living room, Katherine rushed toward Nicola. 

Nicola backed away, pulling a sword down from the wall, aiming it at Katherine. 

Katherine stopped where she was with the sword inches from her chest, smiling. "Now, Nikki, what do you think you can do with that?"

"Why don't we find out?" Nicola asked.

Katherine gave her a slightly respectful look.

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in the Salvatore Boarding House's basement cell, Stefan, Kaylin and Nicola had Katherine chained to a chair.

Katherine looked at Stefan. "I don't want you seeing Elena anymore."  

AND THEY 

From 2.04 "Memory Lane", in the Salvatore Boarding House's living room, Alex and Elena walked in.

WILL COME

Alex looked behind Elena in shock.

Elena looked at her in confusion, turning around to follow her gaze.

Katherine walked closer, looking at them quizzically.

FACE TO FACE

Katherine stepped closer, looking at Alex, a smirk playing over her lips. "Hello again, Alex." She looked at her sister. "And you must be Elena."

Elena looked at Katherine in shock. "How is this possible? How do we look exactly like?"

WORLDS COLLIDING (THE VAMPIRE DIARIES)

Kaylin, Damon, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Alex and Elena were in a clearing with a storm in the background, looking at the camera.

Kaylin, Damon, Alex, Elena, Stefan and Nicola were in a clearing, walking toward the camera.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

12.8K 251 11
Kai, After the battle between the ninjas and the crystal king. everything was now repaired the city monastery. but it doesn't feel right for kai. ...
229K 6.7K 77
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
188K 3.9K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
1M 40.4K 93
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...