Worthless// A Final Fantasy X...

Door MaskedWithWords

The blonde haired boy Prompto had always felt worthless. He had a deep dark secret that nobody knew. After th... Meer

The Roadtrip
Awakening
True Feelings
More Questions Than Answers
"I Am Strong"
Trapped
Re-capture
Home For Now
A Friendly Brawl
Strength Restored
The Journey Continues
Setting Sail
A Rough Area
The Leviathan
The Cat and The Mouse
Reunited
Departure, at last.
The Operation
The Horde
Alone
Coernix Bypass
Ardyn's Plan
Prompto's calling.
Dungeon Dilemma
The Calm Before The Storm
The Last Stand

The King, Oracle, Jester and Knights.

285 9 2
Door MaskedWithWords

The gentle purr of the speedboat aroused LunaFreya's ears who could barely stand any longer.  Gladio held her at her side to keep her standing and holding back the Leviathan. He turned in relief to see the three alive on the boat, but the exhaustion in his face showed them that he too couldn't hold out for much longer. Noct shot up and sprung his body off of the boat and onto the dock before Iggy even finished parking the boat, but flinched at the pain in his ribs. His towel flew off his body and blew away in the strong wind behind him. By now the sun had set and the stars sparkled over Altissia.

Noct sprinted for Luna, catching her before she hit the ground. Her body was frail and tired after using all her energy. Gladio stumbled backwards and tumbled to the floor, his body also giving out. Iggy helped the weak Prompto out of the boat, he had the towel draped over his head and his body trembling. Prompto and Gladio found shelter next to the modified Regalia and breathed heavily. The fight hadn't even begun.

Noct cradled Luna in his arms, holding onto her with his remaining strength. She looked up to him with wide eyes and a glisten Of hope. Without speaking she took his hand and stroked his ring and she smiled back at him.

"Just a cheap ring." He smiled back.

She lost her smile and shook her head disagreeing with him. She placed her palm over the jewellery and her arm glowed a bright yellow, the twinkle traveling down her arm and into her fingertips. The plain black ring began to fill with the sea of gold, the Oracle's magic.  She outstretched her other arm to signal Prompto to come over, but he didn't notice.

"Prompto!" Noct raised his voice in Luna's place. It was breaking as a lump in his throat formed. The boy lifted his head and began crawling over as his leg was still injured.

Luna also took his hand and filled his ring with the magic. It reflected into his ocean blue eyes.

"So this is what it meant by protection." Prompto spoke with a broken voice. He then remembered the ring for Luna so he nudged Noct to encourage him to bring it out.

Noctis remained calm during this situation, but Luna wasn't doing well and her body was still weakening. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the LunaStone ring and placed it on her finger.

"An official ring to mark us  together." Tears began forming in his eyes,but he tried to hide them. He knew she wasn't going to last long.

She smiled and was delighted to see the ring,  but her expression changed.

"If I die... The ring will lose it's power." She managed to let out a sentence, rubbing the ring on Noct's finger.

"The power is nothing to me. I waited years to give this to you." Noct continued.

"Can't you see it? The ring is only activated by soulmates.  The power will only work for both of you if one of you sacrifice yourself in the end. You have a piece of me with you at all times now to help the stone work. My magic I put in your matching rings."  She coughed after speaking.

Prompto and Noct exchanged worrying glances.

"Isn't your sacrifice enough?" Noct began to cry.

She shook her head and began to cry too.

"As Oracle I am a protector. With my life I am supposed to sacrifice myself for you and others. The ring has no effect on me the same I can have no effect on it. It revealed itself because of your connection to Prompto." Her voice was fading.

"We need to leave her rest!" Prompto was growing in worry.

Noct wiped his tears and carried Luna into the modified Regalia in hopes that she could regain strength and heal herself. Gladio stood up and was prepared to help fight the Leviathan where Iggy was still stood in disbelief at the whole situation. Prompto went up to Noct and patted him on the back.

"She's always with us." He pointed at their rings.

"This is for Luna." Noct turned to face the Leviathan and pulled out his blade. His feet guided him to the edge of the docks and he jumped upwards, catching the tail of the Leviathan in his blade.

" I am here to fight! Lend me your powers!" Noct shouted.

Iggy and Gladio quickly ran to the water that defied gravity and brought out their weapons. Prompto looked up at the beast with his mouth wide open until his attention was drawn towards the city.

"Something isn't right. It's way too quiet for the Empire not to be here... especially after he massacre that the MT's caused." Prompto stared deeply into the darkened city that was barely lit by street lamps anymore.

Suddenly a shockwave was released from nowhere causing Prompto to lose his balance. He looked up to see that time has stopped around him, except for Noctis who was walking  up to him.

"You! You're a murderer!" Noct quickened his pace and pointed deeply at Prompto.

Prompto was shocked and looked around him to check whether he was mistaken.

"All those people... those children!" Noct appeared behind him, taunting him.

Prompto was violently shaking his head. He didn't want to hear it.

"And to think I trusted you. I was wrong and so was Iggy and Gladio. I can't believe Luna even came near you!"

"Who are you really? All you've done is cause chaos for me. I could've easily saved the whole city here, but no I had to use my ass to find yours! I left Luna to die and find the murder scenes you left behind!" Noct's voice was now travelling all around his head.

Prompto crouched and covered his head. He cried and screamed in anger.

"I didn't mean to!" Prompto yelled.

"You're a nobody and not needed here. You're worthless to us all." Noct's voice stabbed Prompto once more.

Prompto raised his head to look at where the voice was coming from, only to see Noct sitting in the car next to Luna with a knife in his hand.

"If only you knew sooner." Noct's voice shifted into a crafty and calmer tone.

"Nooooo!" Prompto screamed at the top of his lungs whilst sprinting towards the car. He saw Ardyn slicing through Luna's dress and into her heart. An instant pool of blood came pouring out. Prompto fell to his knees next to the car and raised his gun at Ardyn.

"Don't you ever get inside my head again!" Prompto screamed once more. He pulled the trigger without hesitation and shot Ardyn's shoulder. Ardyn flinched, But only replied with a laugh before disappearing. Prompto stared at the floor and cried.

The gunshot caught the attention of Iggy and Gladio who came sprinting over. Luckily Noct was still distracted by the fight with Leviathan.

"Ardyn." Were the only words Prompto could mutter out.

Iggy and Gladio covered their mouths in disbelief and also stumbled around in shock at the corpse dripping in blood.

Iggy was cautious around Prompto as he was fully aware that words meant a lot to him. He quickly ensured Prompto's safety, against himself.

"This- This wasn't you! It was Ardyn getting into your head!" Iggy crouched beside Prompto, comforting him with his hand.

Prompto was dry of tears by now.
"But he said it was all me. And I believed him because he was Noct."

"Noctis would never speak to you like that, but I am glad to hear you trust him."

"Ardyn knows my weakness. He knew I killed them all." Prompto stared into the city and then back at Noct who was fighting the Leviathan.

Gladio spoke up. "For gods sake Prompto. You did not kill anyone innocent! You couldn't, you wouldn't let yourself!"

"But this isn't me." Prompto spoke almost toneless whilst staring at his hands.

"Don't be stupid." Gladio crouched by the other side of Prompto.

The Leviathan cried out and Noct was using all his strength to slay the beast. He was completely unaware that Luna was killed. Gladio stood up and walked towards Luna, afraid to touch her. Iggy stood and bowed his head in respect whilst Prompto looked towards the floor, lake of tears forming around his knees. 

"Blessed be the stars." Iggy looked towards the sky.

Luna's body was peaceful as it glowed a warm yellow. Her magic flaking off of her delicate skin and raising towards the night sky, twinkling with the stars. Her eyes shut slowly and her body relaxed. The pool of blood seemed almost magical around her body as it was shiny enough to reflect her golden magic. Her hands were clasped together at her chest,  gripping tightly onto the blue flower found in Lucis. The final roar was let out by the Leviathan as it was killed and drained of its life.

Noct's body was fatigued and he allowed his magic drift his body back down onto the ground. The Leviathan swayed back and forth before tumbling back down again, splashing immensely and causing another tsunami. The magic force field still provided protection for the platform everyone was stood on. Noctis' eyes were tired, but he looked towards the stars as his body rest against the cold concrete. His eyebrows raised as he noticed the golden sparkle in the sky, accompanied by the known blue petals. He quickly turned with his remaining energy to face the Regalia, only to see Prompto on his knees and Iggy and Gladio crouching against the Regalia. He knew Luna was gone. It was as if the calm after the storm was relaxing and euphoric. A wave of emotions splashed over Noct, he felt sadness, relief and peace. He didn't cry out for Luna, she was weak  and destined to pass, the stillness of the city however was warming; Despite the prince not knowing how Luna died. He relaxed his head once more and hit it against the concrete, watching Luna's particles return to the atmosphere.

The other three sighed heavily after noticing the Leviathan no longer stood. They were worn and tired. Gladio collapsed backwards into the passenger seat of the Regalia and laid for a while, looking up to the abyss. Iggy slid his body down the side of the Regalia and rested his arms on his elbows. His glasses were broken and his hair was messy. Prompto lifted his head, face flushed red and eyes bloodshot. He took a deep breath before guiding his eyes at Noct. He pulled himself up onto his feet and limped towards the prince, cautiously stepping with every step he took. His boots were less than an inch away from the Prince's arm, he leant over his body over his face and let out a fake smile with tears behind his eyes. Noct replied with a groan. The blonde boy crouched and then laid next to the prince to look up to the stars.

"I'm proud of you and I'll never stop trusting you." Prompto spoke with a broken and soft voice. 

"I'm glad you're alive." Noct took a while to speak each word.

"I'm sorry about Luna..." Prompto looked back at the Regalia.

"She did her best."

"Noct... I didn't want to distract you during the fight, but... it was Ardyn that finished her off..." Prompto was hesitant.

"Wh— What?!" Noct attempted to lift his body up, but fell back down in pain. Prompto pushed him back to the floor.

"Don't... get up! Ardyn masked himself as you, I was frozen! I couldn't do anything, I didn't want to hurt you! I'm so sorry Noct!" Prompto couldn't lie.

"But he wasn't me!" Noct was angry to begin with. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be angry at you. It's Ardyn we should get." Noct took a deep breath.

"She's with the Astrals now." Prompto pointed at the sky, the golden dust still floating upwards.

"You see that?" Noct pointed at one of the constellations.

"Ifrit and Shiva?"

"You remembered!" Noct managed to let out a smile.

"You were a better teacher to me than anyone back at school." The freckled boy smiled back.

"A sign maybe? From above?"

"They're always watching down on us."

"Supposed to be protectors yet they let Luna die." Noct was cold.

"You're alive aren't you? Besides, she was Oracle. She chose to sacrifice herself for the greater good."

"She's always with us." Noct raised his hand with the ring and picked up Prompto's too. They stared at them against the black canvas of the sky.

"This reminds me of all the good times we've had together." Noct let out the unlikely comment. He wasn't a very loving and cheesy person like this usually.

"What's gotten into you?" Prompto was also surprised.

"I don't know... I guess I know the end is near."

"You think?"

"It has to be. I mean look around."

Prompto raised his head to look at his surroundings. He saw the other two exhausted and broken against the backdrop of a destroyed city. There were no more humans here and the buildings had crumbled. Water has taken over the streets and the cars are now submarines. Electricity flickered as it died out and the docked boats sinking under the waves. Altissia was no longer.

"I guess you're right." Prompto rested his head back down onto the concrete.

"By the way.."

"Yeah?"

"I've heard you say it too many times and I had to lecture you like this- We aren't kids anymore, but I want you to stop calling yourself worthless. You're my best friend, my warrior. A king isn't a king without his jester am I right?" Noct smiled.

Iggy and Gladio decided to join the two under the stars.

"And here come along my knights." Noct lifted his arm to present them.

Iggy and Gladio each grabbed his extended arm.

"You killed the beast and I'm glad your still Alive." Iggy released his grip.

"Finally, A true king. Your majesty." Gladio bowed his head before releasing his grip too.

They sat down at the waters edge and crossed their legs. Prompto and Noct still laid down, staring into the galaxy.

"I'm sorry about Luna." Iggy adjusted his glasses.

"She didn't die for nothing." Gladio looked back at the Regalia.

"She would've died in the end anyway. I'm glad I spent my time with her when I could. I just wish it wasn't so soon that she departed. Ardyn will pay for this! He knew I loved her!"  Noct grew angry and tears streamed down his cheeks.

"I will finish what I failed to do. I should've killed him while I could've." Prompto clenched his fists.

Noct exhaled strongly. They all looked over the calm water that reflected the stars perfectly.

"This reminds me of the time we all left the citadel that night just to watch the meteorite shower. I can't believe I allowed such a thing!" Iggy laughed to try to lighten the mood.

"That was the time I finally felt welcomed into this group." Prompto smiled warmly.

They each looked into the sky and remembered that day. 

"Hurry, this way!" A young Noctis' voice echoed through the grate in the wall. He used his arm to signal the others to follow.

"I am going to get in so much trouble!" Iggy kept looking behind him.

"You're lucky you did well in your training session. If you didn't I would totally use that against you in this moment and tell on you!" Gladio spoke to the young Noctis.

"I've only just been allowed into the citadel... I hope I don't get kicked out now!" The young Prompto rubbed his neck.

The four exited through a small grate in the citadel's walls and into the nearby park. They were still cautious as the guards patrolled that area so the decided to go deeper into the forest. They each excitedly pranced in the open air until they found the middle of the forest where an opening was found in the canopies of the trees. A perfect view of the sky.

Noct was the first to lie down and Prompto quickly followed him. Gladio and Iggy were both hesitant as they were supposed to be mature guardians so they stayed sitting upright, keeping watch on the surrounding areas.

"Lie down!" A High pitched Noctis voice was heard.

"Agreeing to come here was one thing, but asking us to lie down is pushing the boundaries." Gladio stared at Noct.

"Fine..." He tutted.

"Woah look!" A high pitched squeal was let out by Prompto.

"What?! I missed it!" Noct was disappointed.

"Then watch carefully!" Iggy rolled his eyes.

"Yeah stop talking to me and causing arguments..." Gladio began to scold him before Prompto kicked in.

"Guys! Please! Let's enjoy this!" For the first time young Prompto was confident within the group.

"Someone has found their tongue." Iggy smiled.

Prompto blushed as he didn't deal well with compliments. 

"I said that they would warm up to you." Noct placed his arm around his friend.

"You didn't think that we'd like you?" Gladio's tone softened.

"No..." Prompto was awkward.

"If Noct likes you, we like you." Iggy glowed with warmth.

"Don't stop liking me Noct! I mean it!" Prompto playfully hit Noct.

"Well now you've hit me I highly dislike you!" Noct teased.

"Hey!" Prompto turned and jumped like a tiger cub to attack Noct.

Iggy and Gladio watched on like proud parents.

"You two are going to miss the shower!" Iggy decided to warn them.

They stopped play fighting and looked up at the sky just in time to see the shooting stars travel across the sky. They glowed white and yellow and sparkled brightly. Legend had it that the Oracle's magic came from shooting stars. The four sat smiling in this happy moment.

Prompto and Noct raised their ringed hands back up to the sky after remembering their past.Their rings that Luna filled still glowing. They rushed their hands across the stars as if they were shooting stars.

"Infinity." Noct spoke our the single word.

"Infinity." Prompto replied.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

414K 10.1K 21
This is my first character x reader book, so sorry if it sucks! When the maze was being built, their was a family that snuck in unnoticed. Their fami...
6K 185 43
(Book 3) Prince Noctis of Lucis had been the only person that Ignis Scientia had had to worry for most of his young life. That was until the Prince...
13.7K 496 23
Noctis is bored of fighting the Magitek Troopers that seem insistent on raining from the sky every five minutes. At first the thrill of battle had be...
140K 5K 55
You haven't been one to open up to people well no matter who they are, not since you lost your family to Niflheim invading your home. How your shy an...