Not Your Average Teenager

By partycrasher935

More

Not Your Average Teenager

Chapter 1

7 0 0
By partycrasher935

Alright, no one grab the last slice of pepperoni pizza because I want it " I heard some peppy blonde girl yell from the back of the line.

I hate girls like that. Always thinking they can make their claim on something.

"Next. And what are you having sweatheart?"asked one of the lunch ladies.

"Pepperoni pizza " I say proudly.

I heard the blonde girl scoff from behind me. I punch in my lunch number and move outside the kitchen area to get a bottle of water.

"That was a stupid move for you to pull on your first day of school. " said the girl from the lunch line.

"Ren, maybe she didn't hear you,she has headphones in"said one of her friends.

"Whatever, she's new so I'll give this piece of trash a break." said Ren.

"Maybe you should give the makeup a break, I almost mistook you for a rodeos clown. "

"Oh, so you can hear? That means you heard me when I said that pizza was mine." she said pointing at my plate.

"I'm sorry, did you mean this pizza?" I said as I picked up the slice and took a bite out of it.

"Hmm, a funny girl huh? Well, it looks like me and my girls are going to have to teach you a lesson." said Ren Ren with an evil smirk on her face.

I gently put my plate down and walked closer to Ren, so that we were now face to face. "A lesson?"I asked mockingly."If you want to fight me over a slice of pizza, then so be it. But it's only fair to warn you that I'm a professional MMA fighter skilled in jiu jitsu, karate, and any Kickboxing. And if you really want to fight me, I'm going to use every skill I have to knock your face in."

She paused as we were staring at eachother.

"Come on girls."said Ren with her eyes still fixated on me. "It's not worth ruining my $60 manicure."

Always the quantity never the quality, I think to myself. I pick up my tray and walk to an empty table in the back of the cafeteria. I push a button on my Mp3 player to listen to How to Save a Life by The Fray. I also reach into my bag for a novel I'm reading by Voltaire. What can I say? I'm not you're average teenager.

As I finish off the pizza, I pour some ranch on the side of my plate to dip my carrot sticks.

"What you did there was awesome."

I look up to see the face to match the voice. He was a teenager, about my age. He had dark brown straight hair, a simple facial complexion, and rectangular shaped glasses. He was sporting khaki pants with a blue and green striped shirt. Oh yeah, he's a nerd. My kind of person.

"Pardon? " I say giving him a small smile.

"No one ever stands up to Ren and I think that it's really cool that you did. It was like you were some sort of hero or something-"

"-woah woah woah. I'm no superhero. I just didn't like her behavior. Besides, who would I be defending? The pepperoni pizza." I say in a humerous tone.

The lunch bell rings and I pick my book off the table to put it ig my bag.

"You like Voltaire? " asks the guy sounding surprised.

"Yeah. I have a thing for the classics. I think they say something about the social structure of the world." I respond.

"You don't look like the type of girl to like that stuff."

"Well, what type of girl do I look like? "I ask holding back a laugh.

"I don't know. The cheerleading type. The kind that uses guys like me to do their homework. "

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"Arthur. Arthur Grace. " he responds shyly.

"Well, Arthur Grace. You have a lot to learn about me because I'm not like that at all. My name is Melanie by the way. Melanie Fischer. " I say reaching out my hand for him to shake it.

We exit the lunchroom together talking about classes and books snudgie tastes in music. Me and Arthur actually have a lot in common. I see definite potential in our friendship.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

192K 9.4K 55
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
7.4M 206K 22
It's not everyday that you get asked by a multi-billionaire man to marry his son. One day when Abrielle Caldwell was having the worst day of her life...
610K 11.9K 19
-COMPLETED- 13 years ago the Romano manor was filled with the young mafia princess's giggles as her 'brothers' chased her around the house. Lit...
182K 4K 47
Crest view academy. This was no ordinary high school; it was known for its academic excellence and fierce rivalries. Amongst the students, two indivi...