Adventures in Babysitting: Ch...

By Malec0914

Follow the adventures as the firehouse crew 51 babysits Jordan. More

Strep Throat
Mother's Day
Explosive Shift Pt 2
Picking Up The Pieces
Framed FireBug Pt 1
Framed Firebug Pt 2
Framed Firebug Pt 3
Framed Firebug Pt 4
Framed Firebug Pt 5

Explosive Shift Pt 1

1K 6 0
By Malec0914

"Please dad!"

"Not happening Jo so you can stop asking".

"But why".

"Why. Sweetheart police work is dangerous enough there's no way I'm putting you anywhere near that".

Jordan had a frown on her face. She wanted her father to stop treating her like a baby and let her grow up.

"So you want me to fail my project at school? That's the one thing you always taught me to do well at school. If I don't do this I'll fail".

Her current school project was to shadow someone on a job for 24 hours then do a report on what they wanna do when they grow up. Jordan has always wanted to follow in her father's footsteps to be a cop but being the overprotective father he is, he wasn't gonna let her anywhere near the cases they work. It was bad enough that she would get threatened from time to time just to get to her father. That alone was enough for the older father for him to put his foot down on the subject. He wasn't gonna let nobody hurt his little girl, if anybody were to ever harm his baby that would be the end to their life once and for all.

The young girl then had an idea pop in her head. "Dad if you won't let me follow you guys could I possibly follow Casey and the guys on a couple of their calls? Please I promise to stay out of the way".

"Their job is just about as dangerous as mine".

Jordan then used her famous puppy dog look, she knew her father couldn't resist. Everyone who she used it on has eventually caved. Anyone she used it on has fallen victim to it. Hank would glance over at his young daughter but kept his eyes on the road he was slowly losing against his little girl. Jordan was the only person who could get Hank to do anything beside his bosses. Finally after a few more minutes of the look the older father caved.

"I'll talk to Chief Boden about it but don't expect any promises".

"Can we do it now?"

"I guess we could".

"Thank you dad".

"You're welcome sweetheart".

As the father and daughter drove to the firehouse Hank had mixed emotions the entire time, a firefighter's job was just about as dangerous as his job. He didn't want his daughter anywhere near that. He'd be on edge the entire time he didn't wanna get a phone call saying something had happened to her on one of the calls he trusted everyone at 51 to care for his little girl it would be the nature of the call he didn't like. The stories from the calls alone was enough to cause Hank's stomach to do flip flops.

They had finally arrived at the firehouse when Casey had seen the two he went over to them. "Hank, Jo". He greeted the father and daughter.

"Hi Matt". Jordan greeted the Lieutenant.

"Hey Matt is Boden in?" Hank says.

"Yeah he's in his office". Matt replied.

"Thanks".

The father and daughter headed inside, Hank looked down to his daughter. "Jo go wait in the common room with the others".

"I wanna come with you though".

"I promise to get you after we come to a decision".

"Alright".

She then skipped off to the common room, the rest of the house and saw the father and daughter there. They figured Hank was dropping Jordan off then heading back to work but just as Jordan entered the room Hank had gone to Boden's office.

"Hey Jo what's going on kiddo". Kelly said.

"Nothing much. I got a project at school to do and I want it to be great". Jordan replied.

"What's the project?" Herrmann asked.

"I gotta shadow someone on a job for 24 hours then do a report on what I wanna do when I grow up. I wanna be a cop like my dad but he won't let me shadow them because it's too dangerous so I figured maybe I could shadow you guys if it's alright first".

"Your project will be awesome, I guarantee it". Gabby said.

"Would it be alright if I also recorded you guys if I'm allowed?"

"We'll talk to the Chief about it". Kelly spoke.

Hank was walking to Boden's office, his stomach still in knots, he then saw Connie at her desk. "Hello Connie". He greets the woman.

"Sergeant Voight".

"Is Chief Boden in?"

"Yes he is".

"Thank you".

"You're welcome".

Hank then headed for the door and knocked, Chief Boden was reading something when he heard the knock. "Come in". He called out.

The older man had entered surprising Boden a bit. "Chief".

"Hank what can I do for you".

"I was wondering if you had a couple minutes to talk about something".

"Of course".

"Jordan has this school project, she has to shadow somebody on a job for 24 hours and do a report on what she wants to do when she grows up. I'm not letting her shadow me because I won't put her in danger like that it's bad enough my job puts her in danger as it is. She was hoping if it was alright if she could shadow you guys on a couple of your calls".

"I think we can work something out".

"I respect what you all do. I commend it, it's just I don't like the idea of Jo being anywhere near something like that".

"I completely understand Hank, we'll watch Jordan carefully she'll be safe with us at all times".

"Would it be possible when you all go out she stays by you? I don't want her anywhere near all of that".

"Absolutely. Would you excuse me for a minute".

"Sure".

Boden got up from his chair and headed to his door to see Connie. "Connie can you please get Casey, Severide, and Dawson".

"Of course Chief".

She then headed out to get the three while Boden went back to his office, Hank let out a small chuckle.

"It's strange you know, one minute Jordan's this little baby just asleep in my arms now she's growing up right before my eyes. It's like I blinked and she grew up".

"I completely understand".

Just then Connie had returned with Casey, Severide, and Gabby, once they were inside Kelly shut the door just as everyone stood around.

"Chief". Casey says.

"Starting the next shift Jordan will shadow us for a school project, when we go out she will stay with me. If she goes out with one of you she is to stay out of the way and out of danger. She stays by the truck or ambulance at all times". Boden tells the three.

"Understood". They said.

"Jo did ask if she could record us, would that be alright?" Kelly asked.

"I think we can make that happen".

"I really appreciate this". Hank said.

"Should we tell her?" Gabby asked.

"I can get her". Kelly said.

The Squad Lieutenant then went to get the young Voight, Hank's stomach was still doing flip flops about the whole thing. He didn't want his little girl around any of their kinds of jobs, it frightened him a lot. All that ran through his mind was him getting a phone call saying something happened to his little girl.

"I promise you Jo will be safe Hank" Casey assured the worried father.

"She'll be in the best hands possible" Gabby added.

He looked at them with a small smile. "Thank you, I know we never saw eye to eye but I'm glad Jo has you guys to look out for her"

"She's family, we look out for family" Casey told him with a smile.

Just then coming down the hall was Kelly and Jordan, the teen was practically bouncing down the hallway. Hank couldn't help but chuckle, Jordan had gone right to her father.

"You wanted to see me dad?" Jordan asked.

"I did. The Chief and I came to a decision. You can shadow them on a couple of calls however, you are to stay away from everything. You are to stand by Chief Boden if he goes out, you are to stand by Casey, Kelly, and Gabby and do what they tell you to do. I don't want them calling me and telling me you aren't listening"

"I promise I'll listen to everything they tell me. I won't get near any of the dangerous stuff"

"You better not Jordan I'm not playing around"

"I promise dad"

Hank looked at them. "I'll drop her off next shift"

"Sounds good," Casey said, shaking his hand.

The father and daughter had left and gone home for the day.

A couple days later, Jordan woke up early and she had a quick shower and changed. Casey had gotten her a Firehouse 51 t shirt, she put that on with a pair of black skinny jeans and her boots, finally she braided her hair. Looking in the mirror she saw how she looked and smiled. She adjusted her necklace and put it out so the ring was barely touching the shirt. Afterwards she ran to brush her teeth.

Hank woke up and rubbed the sleep from his eyes, he heard running coming from the hallway, it was his daughter running back and forth.

"Jordan! Stop running before you fall" Hank called to his daughter.

The teen had her backpack in her hand peeking in. "Sorry dad"

"How long have you been up?" He saw it was 6:45 in the morning.

"Since 5 and I'm already set. Got my video camera, my laptop, my phone, my chargers"

Hank nodded. "Go downstairs and I'll get ready, after I drop you off I gotta go straight to the district and start this case"

The Intelligence unit was trying to track down a bomber and stop him before he caused another attack. Jordan had heard about it. It had somewhat frightened her because if they weren't careful with how they track this guy one may not come back. She went in and sat next to him hugging him.

"Promise me you'll be careful"

Hank wrapped his arms around her holding her close and protectively. "I promise we'll be just fine baby" He then kissed her head. "I'm gonna get ready. Why don't you go downstairs and get some breakfast. I'll be right down"

The teen went down and made some toaster waffles, as she ate the front door opened and Erin came in with Jay in tow. Looking over the teen saw the two detectives and smiled.

"What are you guys doing here this early". Jordan says smiling.

"We wanted to see our favorite junior firefighter off," Erin replied with a smile.

"Lookin' sharp kiddo" Jay ruffled her hair.

Jordan playfully tapped his hand giggling. "Not the hair Jay, you're gonna mess it up"

"That's the point squirt"

"Are you nervous?" Erin asked, fixing her hair.

"A bit. I know what you guys do, I know somewhat of what everyone does at 51. It's gonna be different seeing it" Jordan replied, eating a bite of her waffle.

"And I'm sure you'll stay back away from it," Jay said.

The teen playfully rolled her eyes. "Yes sir dad"

The detective gave a playful look and started to tickle her and had her in a bear hug. Jordan laughed and giggled. Erin watched on with a smile. Hank had come down, he heard talking and laughter. He had seen Erin there with Jay, Jay was tickling his daughter.

The teen managed to break free and run behind her father, still giggling. "Save me daddy"

Hank chuckled a bit. "No more of that, I don't want you getting sick after you just ate"

"We wanted to see Jo off before we headed in," Erin told her father figure.

"I shouldn't be too long dropping her off. We all need to go before were late"

Jordan ran and put her dish in the dishwasher and grabbed her backpack. She hugged the two detectives before they left. "Please be careful"

"Always sweetheart" they said together, then kissed her head.

Erin and Jay had taken off heading to the district, Hank grabbed his keys while Jordan grabbed her backpack. Soon the father and daughter left. Hank made the drive to 51, he glanced at his daughter.

"Jo, I want you to remember what I told you"

The teen was on her phone and didn't pay attention. "Mhmm"

When they were at a red light Hank took her phone. "Dad!"

"Jordan, I want you to listen to me. Or I can call Chief Boden and tell him you're not coming and you can find something else to do for your project"

"I know the rules dad. When I go out with them, I always stay with Chief Boden, Casey, Kelly or Gabby. I'm not to touch or do anything. Just watch and observe. Listen to everything they tell me to do. At 51 and on their calls"

"That's my girl" He passed her the phone back.

They went on their way to 51 and soon they arrived just as everyone was coming in for the day. Hank and Jordan left their car heading inside as well. Casey and Kelly were talking when Hank went up to them.

"Mornings boys" Hank greeted, holding his daughter's hand.

"Morning" They greeted.

"Good morning" Jordan spoke with a smile.

The two Lieutenants looked at the teen and smiled.

"Lookin' sharp kiddo" Kelly spoke with a smile.

"Thanks"

Hank looked at his daughter with a smile as he very gently brushed her hair back. "Alright sweetheart you be good and behave. I'll see you tomorrow morning"

"Bye daddy" She hugged him and kissed his cheek.

The older father then hugged and kissed her head, he trusted them to watch her. He then took off to the district to work their latest case.

It was 8 am and it was time for roll call, everyone gathered in the room and Boden took roll call. He went on with the announcements he had to make.

"And lastly, we have a special visitor" He waved for Jordan to come up. She stood beside him. "We all know Jordan, she's gonna be shadowing us for a shift for a project"

They all clapped. Soon the alarm bells went off for the ambo, Jordan looked to Boden who smiled nodding. She took off behind Gabby and Brett.

The two paramedics saw her behind them. Gabby opened the back door for her and she hopped up and went to sit down buckling her seat belt.

"You all good back there sweetheart?" Brett asked.

"I'm good Sylvie," Jordan replied.

Gabby took her spot in the driver seat and drove off turning the sirens on. "Sorry if it's gonna get bump back there"

"I'm good. I've been in cars where my dad's team have been chasing people"

The two women raised their eyes and Jordan chuckled. "I'm kidding. Well Erin can drive crazy a bit"

"We all do at some points" Gabby chuckled.

The three arrived to the call, two patrol officers were there, it was Kim and Roman. They saw Jordan with the two women.

"Hi Kim, Hi Sean" Jordan greeted them.

"Hey squirt, you doing a ride along?" Sean asked.

"Something like that I'm shadowing 51 for a project"

"What do we got?" Gabby asked.

"Person down, most likely passed out drunk" Kim answered.

The teen stayed back as she saw Gabby and Brett going towards the person, turning the person over. Jordan screamed and hid behind Sean.

"What's wrong?" Kim asked worriedly.

"He's a clown!" Jordan answered, scared. "I don't like clowns. They're scary and bad"

"Jo, it's just a person wearing makeup and a costume" Sean told her.

"Tell that to Pennywise who lives in the sewers"

The two chuckled. Sylvie had the same reaction but kept it professional. The guy then leaned over and puked on Gabby. The others looked away.

"Let's get him to Med. Jo, you and Brett can ride in front"

They loaded him up, Sylvie and Jordan got in the front while Gabby got in the back. Jordan glanced at Sylvie. "Not a fan of clowns?"

The blonde looked at her for a moment. "Not really, childhood fear. You?"

"My brother and I decided to watch a scary movie. He decided to put on It, a killer clown in the sewers. It was safe to say I didn't go near sewers for a while and ever since, I hated clowns. When I see one, I think Pennywise"

"How old were you?"

"9"

"I bet you're brother got in trouble" Gabby said.

"Oh he did. When I didn't sleep, neither did he"

They dropped the guy off at Med and filled out the paperwork. Gabby went to find a bathroom to clean up. Will was on duty when he saw them. Jordan still looked a bit jumpy.

"Hey guys, what brings you by. You ok Jo?" Will asked.

"Drunk patient passed out in the park and he was dressed like a clown," Sylvie answered.

"Clowns are scary, evil and bad. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise". Jordan spoke just as quickly.

The redhead chuckled. "Not all of them are like that kiddo"

"Tell that to Pennywise and the other evil clowns"

The older Halstead chuckled as he bent down. "Between us, Jay is still scared of needles and spiders"

"Really?" Jordan had gotten a mischievous look in her eye.

"It's our secret" Will held out his pinky finger.

Jordan linked her finger with his. "Our secret"

Gabby came back somewhat cleaned up, after grabbing what they need to restock the ambo they headed back to 51. Sylvie drove and Jordan was in the passenger seat, Gabby was in the back.

About 10 minutes later they pulled into the station, the squad crew were at their table when the ambo came back in. Gabby hopped out the back and went to shower and put a clean uniform on. Sylvie and Jordan were shivering, still trying to forget the clown.

"You two alright?" Cruz asked.

"Clowns suck" Sylvie said.

"Clowns are scary and evil," Jordan added.

Sylvie had told them about their call, the guys chuckled. Jordan headed inside and she sat on the couch, in Mouch's spot. Pouch, the dog saw her and hopped in her lap. The teen giggled seeing the dog.

"Pouchie, hey girl. I missed you too" She played with the dog.

Everyone chuckled when they saw her in Mouch's spot. When Mouch came back he had seen his goddaughter on the couch- in his spot with the dog. He walked slowly over to the table with the others.

"Something wrong Mouch" Herrmann said with a laugh.

"She's ...in my spot" Mouch replied slowly.

"Yes she is and remember she's also your goddaughter now. You also don't want Trudy to find out anything"

"It's only for one shift. It can't be that long"

Before she knew Jordan had fallen asleep on the couch with Pouch next to her. Kelly and the other squad guys had come in, he signed for them to keep quiet as he pointed to a sleeping Jordan.

Casey had covered up the sleeping teen, Jordan slightly stirred getting comfortable holding the pup.

"Hey Casey, maybe one of us should take her to the bunk area so she can sleep" Mouch suggested. He wanted his spot back.

"I think she's just fine Mouch" He patted his shoulder.

After a couple of hours Jordan had woken up and rubbed her eyes, they were just starting lunch. Just then the alarms went off for a car collision.

Everyone headed out, Jordan grabbed her bag and they ran out. Casey looked at her. "You're gonna ride with the Chief, Jo"

Jordan nodded and ran over and got in the jeep. Soon they all rolled out lights and sirens blaring through the streets. Boden drove fast but kept a safe speed so he wouldn't crash.

In a few minutes they were at the crash sight, a car had crashed against a tree there was a victim against the tree. Boden and Jordan got out first. Soon the members of the truck, squad, and ambo all got out of their vehicles.

"Alright 51, let's get those victims situated and get to work getting that victim out" Boden told his people.

Jordan pulled her camera out recording the team, Gabby and Brett got to work ong making sure the victims were ok. Gabby placed a C collar on the driver while Brett put the other C collar on the victim on the tree. The driver was pinned in.

"Severide, we may have to get the jaws of life," Cruz told his Lieutenant.

"Capp, Tony, go get it set up just in case" Kelly told his men.

Jordan then smelled something. "Um Chief, do you smell that? It stinks" She was smelling gas.

"Gas" He kept the young teen back. "All of 51 listen carefully, there's possible leaking gas from somewhere. Be careful and be cautious" Boden told his people.

"Copy Chief" Everyone said.

"Chief, if I may," Jordan spoke. "Maybe the squad can go through the passenger or back door to get the driver. And someone could attach the car to one of the trucks and slowly pull the car back so Gabby and Brett can get to the other victim"

Casey looked surprised but then thought of it. "It could work Chief"

"Go for it. Squad listen up, try to go through the passenger or rear door and get the driver out" Boden said through his radio.

"Copy Chief"

Kelly got a backboard and went through the back door and tried to help put the victim on it. "Capp, Tony, get something to free her legs" He said through his radio.

They grabbed the jaws of life and began working on getting the driver freed. Kelly managed to get the driver on the board. "Cruz come help me pull her out"

Joe ran to help Kelly pull the victim out. Gas continued to drip onto the street. They had gotten the driver out, Otis hooked up the car to the truck and slowly moved it. Once he was far enough back Gabby and Brett got to work on the second victim. Sadly they had waited too long, he was dead.

Losing a patient was one thing, but losing the patient in front of Jordan. It had upset the teen when Gabby shook her head. Boden put a gentle hand on the teen's shoulder.

Suddenly the back of the car had burst into flames, Boden had made sure to keep the teen away. Hermman and Mouch quickly hosed it down with water.

After the call and the scene was getting clean a call came in over Boden's radio, "Battalion 25"

"Copy main"

"CPD is requiring assistance possible gas leak"

"Copy main, we are en route"

They all mounted up and headed to the address that was given, Jordan's heart raced. She feared for her father and the others. Boden glanced at her.

"It'll be alright munchkin, it's probably nothing. A simple check"

"I'm scared. What if it's my dad and the others?"

"You're dad is one of the toughest people I know"

"That he is"

When they arrived on scene, all of the intelligence was there with a few patrol cars. Jordan got out not seeing her father, her heart raced faster. She began to shake and didn't know it.

Boden had gone to Antonio. "You guys called for an assist?"

"We did, we smelt something like gas" The senior detective told him.

Jordan looked at him with a scared look. "Antonio, where's my dad?"

"Jo why don't we go sit in the car" Adam told her.

"No! Where's my dad?"

Hank was around the back checking the house with Kevin and Alvin. When they didn't answer she glanced at the house. Her heart dropped. Was her father inside? The teen started to run towards the house but Jay had caught her.

"Jordan stop" He held her back.

"No! My dad could be in there! Let me go Jay!" She struggled against his hold. "Jay let me go! I need to go find my dad!"

Just as Jay was keeping the teen back a loud explosion came from the house followed by a big BOOM!

...............

A/N: I'm back! The past few months I didn't have access to my computer. I'm gonna try and update as often as I can. I've also posted a new chapter for Jordan Voight:Teenage years. Read and enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 4.4K 65
Meet Harper Bailey, A new paramedic on ambulance 61. After being unable to save her best friend seeks a new life in Chicago. Harper then gets placed...
14.6K 160 27
Focuses mainly on chicago fire and the two new medics at firehouse 51. Chicago Med and PD will feature a lot. General storyline that include some of...
51.9K 522 39
Katrina Halstead grew up with her family or so she thought after she became a firefighter she got a job at firehouse 51 to get away from her past and...
45.2K 1.1K 23
The continued story of siblings Kelly and Sadie Severide. With two Severides, there's always double the trouble. As they face new challenges Firehou...