Cigarettes and Penicillin

By lakeycreek

War turns boys into men. It takes moments of your life and changes you forever. It's the little things that... More

Cigarette
Socks
Belfast
Beaches I
Blood
Plane
Calvary
Medicate
House
Bomb
Contraband
22
Beaches II
Penicillin

Frostbite

25 4 0
By lakeycreek

JD had skipped his senior year of high school to learn watchmaking. He never understood why a jeweler and clock repairman would be assigned as a medic.

He knew nothing about frostbite.

It became the most common ailment as winter tightened her grip on Europe. Men, much stronger and braver than himself, would be drug to the medics by nervous comrades. Their lips would be a worrying blue. Their toes would be solid blocks of ice.

Some men were able to gain back the sense of touch and full movement of their frozen extremities. Other men, they lost whole toes. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
6.1M 399K 74
Losing this war means captured by the enemy empire and considered as their prostitutes and servants. Dreaming that situation made my heart race even...
531K 33.4K 122
A girl named Drishti falls into the era of Mahabharata and everything in her life goes upside down. Read to find out about Drishti's adventures in t...
Erica By Sam

Historical Fiction

2.9M 109K 60
They say her voice was once bewitching to all who heard it. She was like a siren luring sailors to their deaths on quiet nights... Those are just rum...