ENDING PAGE

By Peculiarczar

Patch is all about not wasting her time. Brian is all about taking his time. Will they ever reach the ending... More

2| Baby Steps
3| Congratulations
4 | Not thinking about Brian

Chapter One| The Dragons

14 0 0
By Peculiarczar

A wide green pasture, it was filled with youths in a powder blue uniform. It was an International Christian School, compared to other schools in Long Beach, California it was rather peaceful in Soul Christian High School. It was just another sunny day, the sky matched their uniforms and, the sun matched their smiles on their first day. But, what other creature walks on the same pathway with humans.

A dragon, A purple dragon that goes by the name of Patcheeka Plum Dragon. She's not really a dragon however, she chooses to act like one. Isolates and dissociates oneself and no one would dare taste her wrath. Although, such situation never occurred in her lifetime but, if someone ever dares, she knows how to locate someone's jugular -that's what she uses to threaten her brother, blue.

Her friends call her Patch but, her family calls her Plum. She has four siblings and they are pretty famous in California. They are known as the Dragons, famous orthopedic surgeon Jonathan Dragon had two kids with his first wife, who died in a car accident. His first born is named Katherina Kiwi, who's a famous Hollywood actress, who got involved in a lot of scandals such as drug abuse, drunk driving and making scenes as a drama queen wherever she goes. Technically, the drug abuse is false but, she was accused of it as she suffers from Bipolar I disorder.

The second born, Ronald Red Dragon, who's now known as Nicolete Dragon who's undergone surgery to became who he truly is. She has her own make up line, wig line and fashion line. She's pretty famous too in the Hollywood scene however, compared to the three siblings, she's the less of a candidate as a problem child.

The third child, Brandon blue Dragon, the one who is always sober, comes home drunk and is a party animal. He's a professional singer who works solo, he writes all his songs. He's also pretty famous as he endorses almost everything , he's also a fashion icon and works with Nicolete. Anyways, he's the problem child who gets into fights alot and trashes their home alot by throwing parties. Nicolete and Patch nicknamed him Big Baby Blue.

Focusing on Patch, she denies the attitude that runs through her. She attended a different high school from her three siblings and swore to herself, that she will never be the trouble child. Her mother died an ironic death, An obstetrician who died giving birth to her second child. Patch never knew what her mom was like, and it was something that she wishes to experience even if it's just a day, she's willing to gamble.

She was walking to the entrance with her leather black backpack, powder blue blouse and skirt, with necktie and knee socks. She had her hair cut short into an apple bob cut, she has her earphones on connected to gray ipod shuffle hidden in her bag. She ignores the jovial surrounding with all the inspirational posters and signs that reminds everyone to smile everyday, as she walks to Brenda and Jay. Brenda is two inches taller than Patch, she's a bit chubby and fair skinned, freckly but charmingly appeals her face, she has long brown curly hair. Jay, is 6 foot 1 tall , he's skinny and he wears round glasses, he is also fair skinned, and has asian features since, he's pure korean who grew up in America. To specifically describe Jay, he has a physique of a stretched out alien and he looks like chicken little.

" You got a haircut " Brenda said as she ran her hand through Patch's short hair. " Yeah, cause my stupid brother was drunk again and instead of cutting his own hair, he accidentally did mine ." Patch emphasized, she took off her earphones. " You look nice with it " Jay said. Patch rolled her eyes with his comment since, jay likes to mess with her. " Let me guess, you took some type of class again last summer " Said Brenda. " I took baking " Said Patch. Jay and Brend giggled, as they talked about it earlier before Patch arrived, they were always amazed about how Patch likes to learn new things. " And, music box making and couple other things like, advanced bracelet making " Said Patch. " Why don't you go to the beach or I dunno relax , paint your nails" Said Jay. " I find those classes relaxing though anyways, I enjoy it " Patch defended. " I actually admire Patch for that because, she improves herself and I think that, that's vital in life " Said Brenda. " How about you jay, what did you improve? " Patch asked. " My Looks " Jay joked.

" Hilarious " His friends replied.

Compared to other batches from their school, their batch is considered most behave and haven't got anyone on the bad list. See, their school promotes good moral character and values ,to keep on with them as something like what you inherit from your parents. Their bond is also unremarkable and their batch received a teamwork award back in middle school.

" Leah moved back to Japan " Brenda sighed out, they stopped by the hall with their new lockers and studied the area where they can find their seniors. " That's a minus one for me " Patch said, as she's the type of gal who only truly opens up to Jay , Brenda and Leah back in middle school since, she likes to dissociate herself from the world and isolate herself from other people. " I miss her already " Said Jay, and his friends agreed with him. " We'll just keep in touch with her and besides, this is an opportunity for Patch to actually talk to our other classmates " Brenda said. " You're really weird, cause you're not quiet, you are savage " Jae said and Brenda nodded aggressively because, that is the characteristic that the three of them share. " You are friendly but, you don't talk to them after knowing their names " Jay said. Patch laughed a bit and thought for a while " I don't know guys I mean, I'm okay with with you two, I'm packed you know, It's like I'm already full and contented " She said.

" Yeah but, everyone is our class are friends and you're the only one who's not " Jay said. Patch paused and looked at them with disbelief. " Okay, how did you even know that? " Patch asked. " We had an open forum " Brenda said, after that Patch's facial expression got worse and she felt a sense of betrayal . " You had an open forum without me? " Patch asked. " We told you that the class will have a meeting and you weren't there, they said that they wanted to tell you face to face but, you weren't there " Brenda replied, Patch's expression uplifted with her own realization, it was true, she really wasn't there. With that, a little flashback ran into her mind about what happened that night, she was aware about that outing that the batch planned out on the first day of summer, she was forced to stay at home trying to save every glass or relics that their house has. All because of the house party blue threw out, they house can literally fall into bricks and pieces if Patch wasn't there.

" I recall that " Patch said. They moved on to the boards that has the clubs open posted, you'll write your name by the list designated to a club. " I already signed up for the worship band so, I'm okay and then, badminton cause I'm an awesome athlete " Said Jay. " I want to join the broadcasting team " Brenda said, Brenda always had that good voice, the type of voice to be heard on the radio, cooking commercials, soothing, strong and informative. " I'll go for the tambourine club for the worship service every Friday " Said Patch , she scrolled to the lists while the other two were talking,

" Great choice, that means you and I are gonna see each other a lot " Jay said, as the tambourine club does practice with the band because, they dance to the worship song every Friday. Patch groaned jokingly " I am already sick of you " She said. " Great, so me and you and Brenda are gonna have a deal " Said Jay. Patch had an uneasy feeling about it already " Bring it " She replied otherwise. " You have to make three friends a week " Said Jay. " And that means not just by knowing their names, you have to at least know their blood type " He added. " Zodiac sign, pet peeves, hobbies or crush " Brenda added.

" What is a crush ? " Patch asked sarcastically. " Please tell me that you're over math genius Joey " Said Brenda, leaning over to Patch on purpose giving her the look. " I am actually all because, he moved to another school " Patch said, giving Brenda a smile. " Anyways, what you're making me do is easy and I actually like it, I think that I can win miss congeniality award by the end of this year " Said Patch.

" Great then let's start by lunch " Said Jay.

Patch didn't lie. Or at least she knows that she didn't but, she felt uneasy by the number of people that sat on the circle lunch table like, their table was wasn't this large back in middle school, she felt anxious as she saw how some of her classmates actually has puberty hit them really hard, the guys became taller, the girls starting to be so lady like and she's just...Patch.

" Yow, what's up homies ?" Jay said, as he fist-bump with the four guys by that occupied half the table. There's Phil, He's in charge of the keys. His smile is very wide and bright, also the shortest member and, he's the softy in the band, he likes pink and sweaters in fact, he's wearing it right now over his powder blue uniform. Next is Bob, his real name is Levi however, got nicknamed bob by Jay by coincidentally having the same features as Bob the Builder, he's the leader of the band and he's an aspiring dancer. Next is Danny, the drummer. A very odd fellow however, charming with the way he chooses his words, also a low-key softy behind that deep cave voice that can scare you off unless, you know him really well. Then, there's Brian, The bassist and also a Mathlete, he had the typical hairstyle that manga characters have, the long black hair with the bangs and tails, his features is similar to a fox having the mischievous appeal and the gaze of an untamed wolf.

" We can actually have gigs now in fact, I got us a gig by Friday " Bob informed the group. " No way, Is it the one where other schools perform too ?" Krish asked. On the other side of the table, there are two girls beside Brenda, Krish and Robelle. Krish has a medium length blonde hair, she's curvy and has doll eyes, she's the talker of the group. Next is Robelle, now she is the skinny girl who's almost as tall as Jay, likes to practice Gothicism not in a religious way, it is not a religion anyway. If you know her well, like if you see her room and her casual clothes yeah, she's goth and she's deep into that type of music. Patch thought that it would be easy to be friends with them only if she wasn't socially awkward. It's not like she doesn't want to socialize it's just that it doesn't go as how she wants it to be.

" Not just any of them but , those guys are no joke , I'm actually looking forward to getting punched in the face " Said Phil.

" I'll punch you in the face loser " Said a random senior who passed by their table. The group was dumbfounded, and silence followed. " Are you guys sure that we're in the right school? " Brenda asked. Patch wasn't really feeling the vibe so she put her earphones on and listened to her rock and roll playlist and played with her ipod, avoiding any visual or physical contact with anyone.

" And so, Patch has departed from this world once again " Said Brenda.

-
Literature class. Patch and Jay are classmates and they chose to sit together. " Hey Patch, what if we end up together " Said Jay. " Then, we're going to have extremely abnormal children and end up in divorce or worse, we'd both be each others cause of death " Said Patch. They both exchanged awkward laughter, Jay sort off meant it well, he understands Patch and they knew each other for a very long time but, thinking about it , he thought that it's not that ridiculous. Patch shared the same thoughts actually, Jay was filled with goals just like her but, on second thought she shook her head in disapproval. " Think about it, I'm really tall and, I can reach anything for you even your wildest dreams " Jay said with exaggerated gestures as if he's a sales talker. He made Patch give out a loud laugh, making Brian smile who was listening the whole time. " I want to marry a scientist " Patch said. " I'll be a scientist then " Jay replied. " I'll give up political Science to be a scientist and marry you. " He added, Patch's only reply was laughter.

" Hey Brian, let's meet up later in the afternoon for band practice by the gym " He shifted to Brian and Brian nodded with a smile, Patch looked at Brian as well, he was sitting behind the two.

" Hey Brian, I'm Patch " Said Patch as she lend her hand for him to shake. Without any hesitation, he did although he knows who she is. " I know that " He replied, wearing a bright smile. Patch smiled back then immediately glued her face to the desk. " That is not how you make friends Patch " Said Jay. " It's hard " Patch said.

-

Late afternoon came, Patch went to the gym where the tambourine dancers gathered in the middle , while the band is at the stage setting up. Patch had mixed emotions about joining a new club, she's used to be member of the english club back in middle school. " Babe " Jay yelled in the middle of the gym trying to get Patch's attention . " You have a babe? " Phil asked Jay innocently, pausing from setting his keyboards , looking at him with innocent puppy eyes. " No, I'm just messing with Patch " He replied, he called her again and this time, Patch just shook her head at him. Brian looked at Patch although, she didn't notice him, he studied patch from head to toe and, kept on thinking about what is it with her that makes him want to grasp a specific memory back in middle school.

Patch laid her stuff by the bleachers to join the crowd of dancers. The leader Stella, who is a senior introduced the new member which is Patch. Then, she gave a brief discussion about the rules and that practice is every afternoon for thirty minutes, and they perform every Friday for the worship service at school.

While Patch was over there listening to the leader, Brian was still looking at her. Then he smiled to himself as he remembered the memory he was trying to remember at will. Brian has only been to California for a year, he's originally from Ilsan, Korea then he spent four years in Canada before moving here.

Patch was the very first person who talked to him when he was new here. But, after the brief introduction they never really spoke to each other. Patch still had her long hair back then, she looked feminine but, still carries the same characteristic of descending. He never really noticed her more than that, they also shared a one minute hug session back in middle school. It's then the school plays this melody to indicate hug time, and you have to grab anybody really to share a hug.

He thought that short hair really suits her well, literature class earlier actually got him a chance to get a glimpse of her character more and, he liked the manner that Patch chose to communicate with.

" Who are you smiling at? " Bob asked him, he noticed that Brian has been staring for a minute or so now. " No one " He replied. Shaking his head as he wrapped the strap of his bass guitar around him, the smile not leaving his face. He thought Patch was pretty, he had one last look as Patch left waving goodbye to Jay, putting her earphones back on.

" Bye babe!" Jay said, waving goodbye to Patch.

-

Patch went home to their four storey mansion, Nobody was home as usual. She took a deep sigh when she went it, she greeted the machine by the door that senses who arrived of if there's an intruder. " Good Evening Ms. Patch Dragon " It said. " Good Evening to you too Eunice " She said. She went to the dining area, she sat on her seat where a note is left by their nanny, Patrice.

I know that you want to cook your own food but, First day in Highschool can be pretty tough, enjoy your meal.

She smiled by reading the letter. Her mood shifted when she scanned the long empty dining table, it was lonesome. Even if she's in front of great food, roasted chicken with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes. She finished her meal , grateful but, also with a heavy and lonely heart.

She went to the refrigerator and grabbed a pint of ice cream, then she went to the second floor where her room is located. Her room is a floor wide, she has her own library although, she has a hobby of hiding between bookstore shelves and reading them there. She purchases it afterwards, and stuffs them into her bookshelves. Her room is also filled with all the hobbies she learned throughout the classes she took, an aisle, piano, T.V. with large speakers and Game set, PC with gaming chair and other equipments, her room looks like an entertainment room that is separated from her large bed. Her bed is also next to a mini refrigerator, that is parallel to the door to her walk in closet.

A wide space made her feel more lonely, she didn't eat the ice cream, she placed it inside her mini refrigerator.

She took a deep sigh as she jumped to her bed, still in her uniform, not feeling any urge to do anything tonight. People at her house usually arrive by 11 p.m. or so.

She thought about if she should wait for them or not, as she stare into the ceiling where the galaxy is painted.

She closed her eyes.

-

She dreamt about her first performance as a tambourine dancer, she was happy as she was dancing. That was all she can remember from her dream, the alarm clock woke her up. Patch was the type of person that likes mornings, she was still in her uniform as she gently opened her eyes , waiting for it to adjust to the light because, she left the lights open overnight.

Her hair was a mess and her uniform was unkempt, she stood up not really requiring to make her bed because, she literally didn't move from her spot.

She washed her face and directly went downstairs via their elevator. She finally meets her family, amazingly complete despite the fact that they went home later than her.

" Goodmorning Dad " She kissed her dad who's almost already on his way out with a cup of coffee in his hand. " Good morning sweetheart " He replied then he ran off outside. " Emergency ! Emergency!" Said Kiwi, she was holding a mug on the other hand and a script on the other. Patch sighed as she was about to encounter her messy siblings, she sat on her seat as Nanny Patrice served her favourite pancakes. She said thanks and smiled, although her face is still literally frowning. How can someone manage to smile and frown at the same time. Blue was sleeping on the dining table and Nicolete was on her phone, talking to someone. All of her siblings are wearing expensive robes made of silk with the colors that identifies them, Kiwi with green, Nicolete with Red and Blue, well.

" Hey bitch " Nicolete called out Kiwi's attention. " You're on the front page, are you really dating Orlando Bloom ?" She asked, while still scrolling through her phone, she noticed that Plum was there when she glanced at Kiwi. " Oh. Good morning little sis " She greeted with a smily face and she sent a flying kiss towards Patch. " OMG, our language , I'm so sorry sis " Said Kiwi, looking all apologetic towards Patch. " I don't mind , just continue calling each other bitches, fine by me " Said Patch as she innocently takes a bite of her breakfast.

" LANGUAGE " Both of her sisters scolded her. But, patch ignored them although, she was laughing inside. Blue was still knocked out.

" Anyways, that is false " Said Kiwi who went back to her script.

I just want a normal family Patch thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.4K 82
Starting a fanaccount is an easy thing but talking to your idol via Instagram wasn't what Seungmin had expected when he uploaded his first post on @s...
1.9K 103 19
I am an ordinary fangirl who wants to go to every concert, fanmeeting and showcasing of my idol, but didn't know that him my ultimate bias in all Kpo...
69 0 6
Once Twice Series Special Chapters Book 1: Once is a coincidence twice is not Book 2: Once is enough twice is too much
40.2K 1.8K 37
in which Brian has to choose between love and friendship [COMPLETED] - - - - - Day6 x twice ff youngk x jeongyeon - I'm sorry for any typos/spelling...