Feeling Wanted (Holes Movie F...

Af xxHeart_of_Goldxx

Have you ever felt just out of place in the world or even unwanted? That's exactly how Liliana Young feels in... Mere

Feeling Wanted (Holes Movie Fanfiction "Squid")
Chapter One: Guilty
Chapter Two: What a first day!
Chapter Four: Bad Temper
Chapter Five: New Camp Mate
Chapter Six: Friendship
Chapter Seven: Fear, Happiness and Disappointment
Chapter Eight: Explosions
Chapter Nine: Punishments
Chapter Ten: Changes

Chapter Three: More To Him

3.5K 55 10
Af xxHeart_of_Goldxx

Mr. Sir's grip tighten on my arm as he leads me down the dirt road to the wardens house; I try to jerk away from him but it's no use. Looking at the warden's house with her blue car parked outside, I hope that she isn't as bad as they say she is. Mr. Sir pushes me up onto the porch; he is really starting to piss me off. I spin around to face him, "You know you don't have to be so pushy!"

"Young, I want you to shut up and keep moving!" He yells in my face spitting a bit on my cheek.

I look at him in disgust wiping the spit from my cheek as I keep moving to the door and lightly knock. The least I upset her, the better mood she will be in. She opens the door to us with a smile, "Hello?"

"We go ourselves a little trouble maker here." Mr. Sir says annoyed.

"Come in." She says with an angry look on her face as she moves away from the door.

Once again he pushes me inside, the cool air is the only plus side to this punishment. Looking around her cabin she has a nice place much better than the tents. I guess it pays off to be the boss; all I do is stand there not knowing what to do. She turns to me, "What happened Lils?"

I look at her confused; how in the world does she know my nickname? Mr. Sir then speaks up before I can, "Well she was-"

She snaps at him, "I asked Lils not you!"

I try not to laugh to much as he shuts up real quick; I guess he doesn't have the loudest bark. She turns to me again as she sits with me on the couch. "Now Lils what happen?"

"Well I was in the mess hall and then I got my food to sit down at a table. Only then I realized that I wasn't hungry anymore, so I got out of my seat and started walking; I then felt a smack on my butt. I turned around to see a guy he got up and smarted off at me. I proceeded to then kick in a certain area and smashed his head into his tray."

She smiles at me with a sigh of relief, "Is that all?"

"Yeah?" I look at her confused.

"Well then I think you just need to go back to your tent." She stands up like everything is just fine.

"What?" Mr. Sir asks in an angry voice.

"What, do you have something to add on?" She asks annoyed by him speaking up.

"That's all she gets!" He screams at the top of his lungs.

She starts to move closer to him, and starts talking in a mean bitter slow voice. "Do know what it's like being surrounded by men that don't take you serious? If you don't show them that you don't put up with their shit they'll walk all over you. Isn't that right Lils?"

"But." He says interrupting me.

All the sudden I watch as she slaps and knees him; he immediately falls to the ground. "Stop talking when you're not supposed to. Isn't that right Lils?"

I nod yes at her, she then moves me toward to the door. "I think it would be best if you returned back to your tent now."

She doesn't have to tell me twice, I'm out of that house within seconds! I rush off the porch before she has a chance to bring me back in there. Walking slowly back to the tent I try to think about what in the world just happened in there. She took my side; I can't believe that she took my side! She even hit Mr. Sir; maybe she is as crazy as everyone says she is.

I walk into the tent to see all of the boys in there lying on their beds. They are all start asking me a ton of questions. "Guys one question at a time; I'm only one person."

"What did she do to you?" Magnet asks sitting back on his bed.

"Nothing, she didn't do anything to me." I say in a simple calm voice.

"Wait so she didn't do anything to you?" Squid says in disbelief.

"Yeah she didn't do anything, I told her what happen and that's it." I say walking through the tent.

"Well okay then." X-ray gives me a look as if I'm keeping something from them. "Let's go to the rec room then guys and let her have sometime alone."

I roll my eyes at him as all of the boys start to follow him out of the tent. The last person to pass me is Squid who just looks at me as he walks out. Boys, sometimes they can be so annoying and I have to spend a whole year with them. I walk back to my bed to start writing in my journal; I know that the boys won't be back until later because they still have to take their showers.

It's been about an hour since the boys have left, and now I'm drawing in my sketchbook. I turn my head as I hear the divider start to be zipped open; Squid walk through the dividing. He keeps the divider un-zipped, "Hey Lils."

I look at him with a friendly smile; I can definitely tell that he just got out of the shower. He has is orange jumpsuit unzipped halfway down with the arms tied around his waist and white t-shirt a bit damp. His hair is a darker brown now that his hair is wet and he has a white towel hanging from his neck. I watch as he sit on the foot of my bed, "Hey Squid, where's all of the other guys?"

"When I left them they were still waiting to take a shower, I done way earlier than them." He says trying to look at my sketchbook.

"Oh okay." There's a moment of silence between, until I'm about to speak up. "Thanks again for helping me with my hole today that was very nice of you."

He smiles at me, "Your welcome, but don't tell anyone that I did that for you."

"Don't worry I won't tell the guys your secret will be safe with me." I say jokingly.

"What are you drawing?" He grabs my sketch book before I can get a good grip on it.

"Nothing it's nothing." I say as he looks at my drawing of the sunset.

"That's actually really good." He says with a smile.

"Thanks." I go quiet as I start to hear the boys come closer to the tent.

"Well I'll let you get back to you drawing." He stands up and makes through the divider just in time before the boys arrive at the tent.

*** (Night Time) ***

Looking at the ceiling of the tent I try to fall asleep but there absolutely no use; I can't. How am I going to last a year in this camp, surrounded by all of these boys that are so rude to me. I close my eye to only see the incidents of the nights I got shot and the day my best friend lost her memory. My eyes open up immediately; I hate this.

Not to mention that it's hard to fall asleep with some of the boys snoozing. I'm glad that this tent has a divider that way it can somewhat drowned out the sound of the boys. Only I can hear something more than just snoozing, I'm pretty sure I can hear someone crying. I listen to the crying trying to decide whether I should go and investigate. Finally I decide that I should go see who it is; hopefully they don't get too mad.

Slowly I make my way to the divider trying to be as quiet as I can be. I unzip the divider making the least amount of noise not waking to alarm the person or wake anyone else up. Once I make it to the side of where the boys are I stand there just listening trying to decide where the crying is coming from. I move closer to the side that I hear it coming from; it's Squid. As I make it over by his bed I see that his face is buried into his pillow.

I whisper at the foot of his cot, "Squid?"

He eyes shoot towards me still covered with a few tears, "Lils what are you doing?"

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned.

"I'm fine, it's just my allergies." He says in an angry tone obviously telling me a lie.

Looking at him a bit offended I say, "Alright, I just thought I would ask." Then I turn around about to head back to my side of the tent.

"Wait." I hear him whisper.

I turn back around say annoyed, "What?"

He sits up and says in an apologetic voice. "Sorry I didn't mean to be rude; can we talk for a little bit?"

"Sure." Just as I say this I see him move his feet so that I'm able to have room at the bottom of his cot.

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask him as I take a seat Indian style.

"Anything, I just want to get my mind off of things." He rubs his face in frustration.

 "How about we ask each other questions?" I say.

I point at him, "No matter the question we have to answer; no matter what."

He laughs at me asking, "No matter what?"

Slowly a smile forms on my face, "No matter what, you go first."

He thinks for a brief second, "Fine, how long are you going to be here?"

I let out a deep sigh, "I'm going to be here for a whole year, which seems like forever in this place. I've only been here for two days and I already want to go home."

"This place can have that effect on you trust me, I've been here for 6 months; 18 months left." He lifts his knee resting his arms on them.

"You got sentenced two years!" I say in amazement and shock.

"Yeah two years too many if you ask me, although sometimes I think in here is way better then out there." He tilts his head in the direction of outside.

"What did you do to get in here anyways?" I take my turn to ask him a question.

"The same as you I got caught stealing." He says simply.

"Why?" I ask.

"No, no, Lils it's my turn to ask you a question." He points out.

"Fine." I cross my arms and put my best pout face on.

He smiles at me, "Do you have anyone waiting out there for you."

I take a deep breath; man I wasn't expecting him to ask me that. "I don't have anyone waiting for me."

"No one?" He looks surprised at me.

"Yeah I don't have anyone waiting to me once I get out; I'm basically all by myself."

He gives me a very sympatric look and says, "I'm sorry Lils, I wouldn't have asked that if I knew that.

"You're fine, remember we can ask anything."

I put on a smile to hide how I'm really feeling inside, "What about you?"

He goes silent like he is trying to decide if he wants to answer or about how to answer. "You don't have to answer I understand really."

"No I'll answer it, remember no matter what. My dad ran out on my mom and me when I was really young; so my mom turned to drinking. So I'm just like you when I'm out of here I'm not sure what I will do." He says trying to still act tough.

"I guess we have a little more in common than we think." I look out the opening of the tent to see that that it's still dark out but you never know when the alarm is going to go off for everyone to wake up.

 "Maybe I should get back to my bed, I wouldn't want the boys to wake up and think something." I stand up.

"That's true." He seems a bit sad to hear I'm leaving.

 "But it was really nice to talking to you." I tell him to see a smile form on his face.

"You're a great listener; you're much easier to talk to than one of the guys." He says nicely.

"Thanks I'll take that as a compliment, if you ever need to we can talk again someone time." I suggest to him.

"Maybe we will." He says as he gets back under his covers, "Oh and hey-"

I interrupt him, "I know Squid this will only stay between me and you."

"Thanks." He smirks at me and lies back down.

Walking through the divider to my side of the tent I make my way to my bed. I lie down and close my eyes; maybe there more to him than meets the eye.

Note: So sorry it took me so long to update, comment and vote if you want me to continue :) Thanks! :)

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

19.7K 334 24
"Blood of the creature..." Visibly estranged from her incarcerated twin brother, the beautiful and cunning Tyler Zeroni lives comfortably on the desi...
3.9K 51 20
"where's the lake?" in which a girl get's sent to 'camp green lake' for something she didn't do, but took the blame for. "are you okay?" "obviously...
114K 1.4K 21
Camp Green Lake's D-tent gets some new members and one of them is a girl!