Secrets (A Twilight Fan-Ficti...

By voidstiles-

Chloe Hale is Jasper Hale's and Alice Cullen's daughter. She is a half-human half-vampire hybrid. The Cullen... More

Secrets (A Twilight Fan-Fiction)
Chloe Grace Hale
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Three

4.5K 84 23
By voidstiles-

New chappie! So, please vote and comment! And add this to your reading list and stuff. :D

Love Mama Marshmallow xox

*******

As I was lying in bed that night, after saying good night to my family, I laid awake, at midnight listening to the heavy patter of rain. No doubt that tomorrow morning it will have turned to snow and ice. I replayed the conversation I had with Uncle Edward in my head.

*Flashback*

“So what happened today?” I asked my Uncle curiously.

“Nothing. I just…. Had class with Bella, and I just… spoke to her, a bit.” He answered a little reluctantly. He was never this hesitant when he spoke to me, he always told me what was on his mind. What was it that made this girl different?

*Flashback over*

I didn’t realise that a soft melodic voice was oozing me to sleep, as they sung to me softly and to be honest I think I needed it. I don’t think I could of fallen asleep without some help tonight.

The next morning, bright greyish light was streaming through my open window. I hissed, and cowered into my blankets and pillows.

“The light, it burns.” I growled, as I spoke to myself.

Again, I heard a different giggle, and saw Auntie Rose sitting in my armchair, reading one of my favourite Jane Austen novels, Pride and Prejudice.

“Well, good morning.” I smiled sleepily. Auntie raced to my side, and stroked my normal, hot forehead affectionately, as she smoothed the small curls that fell over my forehead. As I had washed my hair in the shower last night, my hair had automatically returned to my naturally curly hair.

“What was wrong last night?” she asked me softly. Ah, so she was the one who sung me to sleep.

“Uncle Ed.” I whispered silently. “He has been distant, since Bella Swan arrived.”

“Do you know where he went last night?” Auntie asked.

Where in the land of jelly beans did he go last night?! “No, no I don’t. What happened?”

“Edward left the house at about two and came back about seven this morning, without telling us a thing.”

I must have looked dishevelled and confused. “Ah, I’ll leave you to get dressed for school.” She smiled, as she pecked my forehead lightly, and disappeared without another word.

I groaned, as I muttered words under my breath, and quickly undressed out of my pyjamas. I pulled on the peach coloured super skinny jeans, and woollen grey jumper that Auntie had obviously chosen for me. I paired it with a peach coloured knitted scarf, and soft grey heeled boots. I brushed through my curly bed hair, and applied strawberry flavoured lip gloss to my perfect lips.

“Chloe! Come down!” Mum called. I giggled, and sped down the stairs with my natural vampire speed.

“Good morning!” I sung, as I shoved a pancake into my mouth, taking my seat on my dad’s lap. His strong, protective arms wrapped around my waist automatically, pulling me closer. Nana rolled her eyes lovingly, and chuckled.

“Get to school.” She laughed, squatting my hand away from the other stack of pancakes. I pouted as Uncle Em hoisted me on his shoulders and ran to the garage. I giggled melodiously, to the pleasure of my family members.

As we drove to our parking space, Bella Swan was standing by her awful looking truck, with her earphones in, reading a thick textbook, gazing around, appearing like she was searching for someone. I could hear her music, it was Decode by Paramore. The car stopped, as we parked, and exited the luxurious vehicle. Uncle Edward shrugged on his jacket, without breaking their gaze, as they had a staring competition.

Suddenly, my eyes clouded over, and a flash of bright light lit my sight. I groaned. I was getting a vision. My visions work differently to my mother’s. I get flashes of the past, present and future. This was a future vision, I was sure.

An old Toyota was skidding around the corner, nearing a dirty, rusty old orange Chevy truck, and I recognised it immediately. Bella Swan stood motionless in shock, as the Toyota made its way towards her. With a flash of bronze hair and the Toyota was pushed away, unable to crush the feeble human in its path.

“Oh no.” I breathed, as my sight cleared. My family members looked at me worriedly. All except Uncle Edward. He was still staring at Bella penetratingly. There was a horrible squeal of tires, and the Toyota in my vision appeared.

“Oh no.” I repeated. I looked at Uncle Ed, who had disappeared, taking off in vampire speed, towards Bella. He will expose us! My family glared at him, as he pushed away the Toyota with his mere hand. A crowd gathered around the almost crash site, as Uncle Ed disappeared into the forest on the edge of the school. He is in deep doggie doo.

*******

Auntie Rose and I were waiting in the hospital waiting area, waiting for Papa to finish examining Bella Swan, during our free period. It disturbingly smelled of hand sanitizer and blood. Uncle Edward was with Bella and Papa, and Auntie absolutely wanted to slaughter Uncle, I was scared for him.

Finally, Papa and Uncle Ed exited the room, and made their way over to us, Uncle with his hands in his pockets. Auntie helped me stand up, taking my hand and pulling me up gently, before returning to her stance, standing with her arms crossed.

“Edward! How could you?!” Auntie shrieked quietly, and her voice still came out sounding perfect and melodic.

“I couldn’t just  leave her!” Uncle Ed protested, in a quieter tone.

“Now, we should do this when we get home.” Papa advised us quietly.

I heard a door open and close gently, and a quick heartbeat accompanied with soft footfalls. Bella Swan stood at the corner of the room quietly.

“Uh, c-could I talk to you? Alone?” She asked, and Auntie absolutely death glared her to hell. I watched as a shiver rocked Bella’s curvy build.

“Rose.” Papa said quietly, but sternly, and I gently tugged her away, and she reluctantly followed. Oh my lord, what a beginning to the day…

*******

*One Month Later*

Bella Swan was the centre of attention for the rest of that week. I’m happy to say the least, that nobody at school confronted my Uncle about it. Not that anybody would have the guts and approach the ‘dreaded’ Cullen’s. The family convinced Uncle Ed to stay away from Bella Swan for our good and his own, and so the two had no more contact for the rest of the month, although I heard that Bella had continuously tried to start numerous conversations with him. After Mike Newton confronted Bella about the girls’ choice spring dance, and asking if she would ask him, ever so kindly, Bella announced she was returning to Jacksonville for that weekend. Uncle Edward confronted her at a Science excursion at a Greenhouse, asking her why she was going, much to the dismay of Auntie.

******

“Chloe, will you come to Port Angeles with me? This weekend?” Uncle Edward asked me eagerly, while we were hunting. I dropped the bear I had drained from my clutches, and wiped my face with the back of my dainty hand.

“Why?” I asked blankly. His face almost showed hurt and pain.

“We haven’t hung out in a while.” Uncle Ed stated, throwing his mountain lion carcass to the stump of an oak tree.

‘And who’s fault’s that?’ I thought to myself, forgetting he could read minds.

“I’m sorry, Chloe, for overlooking you, this past month, but I want to make it up to you. You were the only one, besides Esme and Carlisle, that didn’t get too cross with me, and understood. So I thank you.”

It was quiet for a moment, until I pounced into his arms, hugging him tightly. “I missed you.” He kissed my hair. “So any particular reason we’re going to Port Angeles?”

Uncle Ed hesitated. “No, I just want to spend some quality time with my favourite niece.” He lied smoothly. What isn’t he telling me, and why is he lying all of a sudden?

I rolled my eyes playfully, as I elegantly jumped off of his shoulders. “I’m your only niece.”

Uncle Ed only smiled crookedly, and scooped me up in his arms, and ran into the darkness, back towards our big white house.

“Go on inside, I’m going out for a little while.” Uncle Edward said, as he sat me down gently, and embraced me tightly.

“What? Why?” I queried in confusion.

I was only awarded with a blank look, as he disappeared. I sighed, and walked inside the house with my mind full of unanswered questions, where Dad and Uncle Emmett were playing the PlayStation. Mum and Auntie were reading magazines and gossiping, and Papa and Nana were chatting casually. 

I ran to my bedroom, and undressed out of my outfit, and placed the hardly dirty clothes into the hamper, as I pulled on a pair of red sweatpants, and long sleeved white shirt, with the big red numbers ’29’ directly in the centre.

I raced back downstairs, and everyone was in their positions still.

I sighed, and walked over to Papa, and wormed my way into his lap, throwing my legs over Nana.

“What is troubling you, dear?” Nana asked me, worriedly, as Papa hugged me to his chest tightly.

“What is wrong with Uncle Edward?” I asked, as my eyes started tearing up.

“What do you  mean, darling?”  she asked, concern cemented in her features.

“He is…weird lately.” I sniffled, clutching onto Papa’s arm.

This time he answered me, running a hand through his shining blonde hair. “Edward is only confused, he’ll come around.”

“Sweetie!” I heard my mother sing. I turned towards her, and her face was loving and caring.

“Yes, mummy?”

“It’s late, do you want to go up to bed?”

“Yes. Uncle Emmi, do you want to come up?”

“Yeah.” He smiled as he paused the game, and he was by my side scooping me up out of Papa’s arms, and running to my big bedroom. I heard the footsteps of the rest of the family, as they followed us.

I was placed in my big white double bed, as my pink, orange and purple covers were spread over me. They reminded me of a beautiful sunset, that we hardly ever had the pleasure of seeing.

“Good night, my beautiful Chloe.” Mum kissed my forehead gently, stroking my forehead, as she stepped back.

“Sweet dreams, my little angel.” Daddy whispered in my ear, placing a careful kiss on my temple, and retreating out of the room with Mum.

“Good night, princess, please don’t worry, I promise everything will be alright.” Papa swore solemnly, as he too pressed his cool lips to my hot cheek, and stepped back, allowing Nana to embrace me. They also retreated, leaving me with my Auntie and Uncle Em.

“Sweet dreams, precious.”  Auntie smiled warmly, and pressed her gentle lips to my temple, and stroking my hair.

Uncle Emmett embraced me in a bear hug, and pressed my face with dozens of wet little kisses, and I giggled. “Good night, Uncle and Auntie.” I blew a kiss as they retreated. “I love you all.” I whispered, knowing they would hear me, as I let my heavy eyelids flutter shut with the promises of a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.3K 1.9K 26
Isabella 'Bella' Swan and Mildred 'Millie' Swan are twins but not identical which Bella is grateful for because she thinks she's better than everyone...
38K 486 8
Cecilia Alice Cullen is the twin sister to Renesmee. She is a human and her parents and older sister are super protective of her. Her sister grew fa...
281K 8.6K 23
A boy who would live forever fell in love with a girl who wouldn't last the year. "if i loved you less, i might be able to talk about it more." --- ...
1.3M 36.3K 46
Emma Marshall, lost her mother at the age of 15 and her father tried to kill her at the age of 16. She moves to Forks with her foster sister Bella Sw...