The Strength of the Weak {A N...

By InfernoAeolian

The Uchiha clan - a prestigious noble clan of Konohagakure, renowned for their infamous and deadly kekkei gen... More

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 1
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 2
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 3
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 4
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 6
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 7
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 8
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 9
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 10
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 11
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 12
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 13
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 14
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 15
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 16
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 17
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 18
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 19
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 20
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 21
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 22
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 23
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 24
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 25
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 26
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 27
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 28
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 29
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 31
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 32
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 33
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 34
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 35
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 36
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 37
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 38
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 39
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 40
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 41
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 42
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 43
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 44
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 45
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 46
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 47
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 48
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 49
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 50

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 30

4K 142 20
By InfernoAeolian

Satomi P.O.V.

Clenching my teeth, I grip the handrails with a strength I didn't know I possessed. Naruto's match was on the verge of ending... but Naruto didn't seem like he would be the one victorious. After many failed strategies, Naruto was hit with Neji's 8 Trigrams: 64 Palms and was on the ground... down, but not out.

Neji promised not to kill him...

"Come on, Naruto! Get up!" Sakura calls from somewhere nearby. I hold my tongue, despite the cheering I would like to do. Both sides were calling my name, unfortunately...

Finally, Naruto stumbles to his feet, much to everyone's surprise. I smirk at his sheer willpower, watching as Neji's face twists into one of disbelief. A chuckle from next to me grabs my attention, causing me to glance over in curiosity.

"That Naruto kid is doomed," Dosu hisses, his eyes narrowing. I click my tongue and lean on the rail, my eyes not leaving Dosu's face.

"What makes you so sure?" I ask icily. Dosu chuckles yet again, an evil smirk crossing his lips.

"Neji's power is far too much for someone at Naruto's level to handle. And after getting hit with that jutsu of his, there's no way he can recover from something like that. Oh well, it won't matter soon anyway," Dosu explains, however, my eyes narrow at his last comment.

"Why won't it matter, Dosu?" I hiss accusingly. Dosu merely ignores my comment, my suspicion raising even more with his silence. Something's up.

Turning my attention back towards the fight, I notice that Neji had taken off his headband, revealing a strange tattoo on his forehead. Not only that, but he seemed extremely angry. I wish I could hear them from here...

Naruto, having heard enough of whatever Neji was saying, places his hands into a hand sign and seems to be forcing himself to control his chakra, even though his chakra points were all blocked.

My eyes widen as a peculiar orange colored chakra seems to take over Naruto, his features turning animalistic. He was controlling the Nine-Tailed Fox's chakra. Even I had to admit, I was impressed by his growth over the past month.

Turns out that pervert wasn't as bad as I had thought.

Darting around, Naruto attempts to confuse Neji by moving faster than the untrained eye could see, however, Neji's byakugan still gave him a huge advantage. The two clash over and over again, each using all of their strength to overpower the other.

After a huge display of power, a large boom echoes throughout the arena, a silence falling over those watching as the cloud of dust in the center clears. There were two holes in the center where Neji and Naruto were laying, although from the stands you couldn't see who was lying in which was. There was one thing that everyone knew...

Whoever got up first would be the winner.

Biting my lip, I clasp my hands together over my chest and watch on with anxious eyes. Sure, it would be nice if Neji won... but my heart was screaming that I truly wanted Naruto to win. He was one of my best friend's and he deserved this so much...

Some debris is rustled from one of the holes, catching everyone's attention. A hand emerges, the arm following soon after. Much to my dismay, I don't see any trace of an orange jacket, meaning only one thing...

Neji was the one getting up.

A body pulls itself out of the hole, my heart dropping to my feet as realization smacks me across the face. Neji had gotten out first, while Naruto was still unmoving. Just to make sure, the proctor waltzes over to Naruto's hole and peers in, and sure enough his body is lying motionless, no sign of consciousness present.

"I told you, you silly girl," Dosu sneers nastily. I shake my head in disbelief, leaning over the railing even further, as if I was seeing this all wrong.

"Get up, Naruto-kun! You can do this! Show us all that you aren't the fool you were before... show us that you're Naruto Uzumaki, the future Hokage of Konohagakure!" I shout out pleadingly, tears brimming my eyes uncharacteristically.

Neji glances in my direction, an annoyed expression on his face, presumably from the fact that I wasn't cheering for him despite my friendliness earlier.

Suddenly, Neji's eyes narrow and he looks down, only to find Naruto popping out of the ground, his arm poised to slug Neji in the jaw. I gasp in surprise, having thought that Naruto was down for the count, but here he was... attacking Neji with the last of his energy.

Neji, not having time to dodge, is hit with all of Naruto's force, flying up in the air from the sheer power of Naruto's attack. Once he hits the ground, Neji doesn't make any indication of getting up, his face set in a scowl.

"I heard you, Satomi-chan! Don't think that I give up so easily, dattebayo!" Naruto cheers, pumping his fist in the air. I sigh in relief, my tense posture relaxing since Naruto seemed uninjured enough to move around. Nothing fatal.

He kept his promise.

"The winner is... Naruto Uzumaki!" Genma states, indicating that the match was indeed over. The crowd roars with cheers, everyone in utter shock that Naruto, of all people, was able to beat the genius Neji.

Naruto truly can make miracles happen.

"I told you... don't underestimate him. He has a fierce loyalty that I've never seen in anybody else before... and unimaginable power that comes out full force when he's pushed to his limits," I comment, looking at Dosu. He scoffs, his eyes narrowing dangerously.

"It may have helped him today, but that won't save him in the face of real danger," Dosu rebuts. I shake my head in disagreement, a cocky smirk quirking my lips. My mood was different today... I was feeling reckless.

"Perhaps so... but it would be more than enough to beat the likes of you. Of course, assuming that the danger you were referring to is actually yourself," I spit back. Dosu growls, stepping up to me and grabbing me by the front of my shirt.

"I'd watch your mouth if I were you, little girl," he warns lowly, causing me to narrow my eyes and grab hold of his hand that was holding me up.

"Is that so? What will you do about it? Oh wait... you can't do anything because your master needs me alive, doesn't he? Now that I think about it... what's stopping me from telling the Hokage right now, and putting a stop to these exams?" I question dangerously.

Dosu chuckles darkly, releasing me and going back to his previous demeanor. He leans on the rail once again, his eyes shadowed with dark amusement.

"The destruction of your village."

::

Eyes wide, I make my way through the halls, searching for a certain silver-haired sensei of mine. Shikamaru and Temari's match was underway, Sasuke's match with Gaara having been pushed back because of its anticipation and Shino's match having been forfeited.

Of course, Kakashi-sensei just had to be late to something so important. Not only that, but he's holding up my brother as well. I needed to find him to inform him of Orochimaru's plan, as Dosu had implied. Maybe he could have some sort of influence without telling the Hokage directly, since he was of high ranking.

After wandering through all of the halls at least twice, I finally give up on trying to find him in the building and decide to head back towards the arena.

My match was up next, anyways. That is assuming Sasuke doesn't show up.

Entering the exam participants waiting area, I glance into the arena just in time to see Shikamaru having Temari trapped in his Kagemane no Jutsu.

"Hey, Satomi-chan! Over here!" Naruto calls, waving me over to his side of the area. I smile gently and trot over, standing beside him as we watch Shikamaru's match finish up.

"Congratulations, Naruto-kun! I knew you could do it," I compliment, giving Naruto a closed-eyed smile. He chuckles in slight embarrassment, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Thanks, Satomi-chan. You and Sakura-chan cheering for me really helped me get through it, dattebayo! I felt like I couldn't give up, not when you guys believed in me," Naruto admits. I allow a humbled look to pass my face, Naruto's words really making me feel appreciated.

"We cheered for you because we knew you could do it. Your progression and growth makes us really proud, you know? Sakura may not say it, but she cares for you a lot. You're a beloved teammate and all we want is to see you succeed," I say.

Naruto's eyes tear up a bit, however he blinks them away with a heart-warming grin. It was a grin that you could tell was so genuine and thankful, with no hostility or regret behind it.

It was a grin only Naruto could give.

"I forfeit."

Those two words ruin the atmosphere, Naruto's smile dissipating as he recognizes the voice behind the words. His head whips towards the arena as he stares in disbelief at Shikamaru, who had his hand raised in the air.

"The winner is Subaku no Temari!"

"Did you just give up, Shikamaru?!" Naruto demands incredulously, his eyes practically popping out of his head. I had to admit, I was actually surprised by Shikamaru's refusal to continue with the match. Sure, he was lazy, but he was also a genius who stood a chance against Temari.

"Yeah, I had to. There is no point in continuing, not if I'm gonna lose," Shikamaru complies, walking back to the waiting area lazily. Naruto screeches in disbelief, not able to form coherent words.

"Not to be a bother... but I don't understand why you forfeit. You had her trapped and you could've won there. Why'd you just give up?" I question curiously. It just didn't seem logical to me to give up when you had your opponent trapped.

"I was almost out of chakra. A few more seconds and my jutsu would've faded, leaving me vulnerable and unable to beat her. It was the only option I had at that point," Shikamaru supplies. I nod at his explanation, seeing his side of things although not agreeing that he should've given up so easily.

He could've won that. Shikamaru's a genius, after all.

"Next match is Dosu Kinuta versus Satomi Uchiha! Will the two contestants please make their way to the arena, please!" Genma announces. I take a deep breath, glancing at Naruto one last time for reassurance.

"You're gonna do amazing, Satomi-chan! Beat him real good, and after the exams, we can go out to Ichiraku Ramen, dattebayo!" Naruto cheers. I smile at his antics, pulling him into a tight hug. He stumbles a bit before catching himself and returning the hug.

"Thanks, Naruto-kun. Don't worry... I'll win," I state confidently, pulling away and hopping down to the center of the arena. Dosu is waiting in the middle, his eyes boring into my own with an emotion I couldn't identify.

"Same rules apply... are you two ready?" Genma asks, glancing between the two of us.

"Yes, I'm ready..." Dosu states eerily, although I just nod. Stepping back, Genma raises an arm, his senbon needle flickering in the sunlight.

"This match may be-"

A large puff of smoke interrupts Genma's announcement, two figures shadowed as leaves blow around them. I shake my head and laugh, a smile pulling the corners of my mouth up.

"It's about time the two of you arrived... Kakashi-sensei, Sasuke."

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

263K 10K 44
This takes place a month after the fourth shinobi war. A few people were given a second chance at life, those people being the previous Hokages; Hash...
1.5K 99 7
Uchiha Kiyoko daughter of Uchiha Fugaku and Mikoto. She is one year younger than itachi and 5 years older than Sasuke. She is a prodigy just like it...
1.9M 65.7K 72
Now we move on with the life of Rin Uchiha. Her return to the village, her assignment to a team and the secret she must hide from everyone including...
64.2K 1.5K 33
Akako Uchiha is the sister of Sasuke Uchiha, and graduated the academy at the same time as him. Groups of four were made once the students who passed...