Desperate for Love - Harry St...

By desperately

The blonde beauty herself, Essie Lynn; a college student who's studying and perusing her dream of becoming an... More

Desperate for Love(Harry Styles Fan-Fiction)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17:

Chapter 6

1.3K 15 4
By desperately

Chapter 6:

“I need to ask you something”

The six words I dreaded the most. I never react well to these kinds of situations; sometimes I freak out and hyperventilate, or sometimes faint. I know it’s odd if I faint, but I’m very light hearted, and not well at all with these… things.

“Yeah Harry?” I told him, shivering in my insides, worrying what’s going to be said out of his mouth, it could possibly be anything at this point. I’m just nervous right now, dreading this completely; I wish I didn’t come.

Harry started to lean in some more to my face, making me more worried. Was he about to kiss me?

“Can I kiss you,” He said simply to me. Now, I’m nervous. I started to engage in this nervous stage, where I had no idea how to answer. Nobody ever asked me if I could kiss them, they just… did it. But why is Harry asking?

I just nodded, and by that moment, Harry leaned in quicker, taking his right hand and caressing my left jaw line. I could literally feel the goose bumps form on my arms, my legs, pretty much everywhere. He leaned in, planting his soft pink lips onto my pink, glossy lips. Our lips moved in sync, and later I put both of my hands on each side of his jaw line. The feeling of his hand on my face made my whole entire face burn, and since I’m so pale I’m probably even more red than I feel. This kiss, this KISS, was passionate, amazing, sweet, sexy, and just phenomenal.

Harry leaned out of the kiss before I did, and it probably lasted about 10 seconds or so, and once we were done kissing the wheel started up again. After the kiss though, it was a complete awkward silence all the way to the end of the ride.

“Thank you! Come again!” The man at the machine thing for the wheel said. I nodded my head and smiled.

“So…” I said, trying to end the awkwardness and tension between Harry and I.

“So, where too next?” Harry said, blushing and looking at the ground. I reached over with my hand and grabbed onto his, he looked up and smiled at me nervously.

“Lo’s apartment, I got to get back,” I told him and he nodded and said okay.

We started to walk out of the carnival thing and before I could say anything, Harry blurted out something.

“So, that kiss,” He drifted off, looking around at the night sky.

“Oh, that,” I said hesitantly. I had no fucking clue what to say so don’t blame me okay?

“Essie, do you have feelings for me?” He asked me, and we both stopped walking.

“I don’t know Harry,” I told him, and he looked down.

“Well I have feelings for you,” He told me, and I smiled blushing mad. I leaned in and kissed his cheek. He smiled and we continued to walk.

The whole walk home was silence, and it was kind of awkward and such but hey, I can’t do shit about it since I’m just an awkward person, so woops?

Once we reached the door step, I turned to Harry.

“Thanks for everything tonight,” I said to him, smiling and looking at his beautiful green eyes.

“You’re welcome, Essie,” He told me, making me smile even bigger.

“We should do this stuff more often eh?” I said giggling.

“Well, we have our date Friday, if you still want to go…” He drifted off, looking scared as if I’m going to say no to our date after he just kissed me. I kind of want him to kiss me more; I want to kiss him all day. That kiss was probably the best kiss I had ever gotten in my whole entire life. I, I just didn’t want to ruin anything. I’m not those risk takers; I always kept a safe distance.

“Of course,” I told him, making him smile. I leaned in again and kissed him on the cheek. “Again, thanks for everything Harry.”

“Bye, Essie,” He told me, giving me a warming hug.

I walked into the apartment building and went into the elevator and did all that type of stuff.

I unlocked Lo’s apartment door, and walked in to see both of the boys are gone. Sam came running up to me, well more like full sprint, from the couch.

“SO TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED!” She screamed, making Lo moan from her bedroom. “Sorry, Lo!” She hollered at her. I took a deep breath and started to tell her. “OH MY GOD DID HE GIVE YOU THAT BEAR?”

“So, we went to this carnival thing, and he kissed me, and yes he gave me this,” She had the biggest grin on her face and was jumping up and down in her boxer shorts and her sports bra.

“YES!” She yelled, ignoring the fact that Lolo is sleeping.

“Yeah…” I giggled a little bit and walked into the kitchen. I walked over to the sink and grabbed a glass and filled it up. I took a huge gulp before Sam startled me from the behind.

“What the fuck! Sam! Don’t do that!” I said basically spitting out my water and placing the glass back on the counter.

“Sorry! But you didn’t finish! Are you guys a thing and did you like the kiss?” She asked, jumping up and down of excitement.

“Ugh, yes I enjoyed the kiss a lot, but no; we are not a thing,” I told her, making her calm down a bit.

“WHY THE FUCK NOT? IF YOU LIKED THE KISS, YOU SHOULD BE HIS GIRLFRIEND. WHAT IS THIS SOCERY?” She yelled, walking out of the kitchen throwing her arms up and mumbling.

“Because Sam, I may not have feelings for him,” I said lying. I don’t want to date anyone; I’m just desperate at this point.

Harry’s Point of View

I kissed her, I actually kissed Essie. I didn’t realize I had the balls too, but I’m scared if we don’t talk the same way we did before, I’m scared if it’ll be awkward between us. I mean, she did kiss me on the cheek two times afterwards, and I probably was hot to the touch from burning up from blushing, but all in all, I fucking kissed her.

I reached the building and walked in to the apartment.

“I’m home!” I shouted out, and the whole building echoing from silence. “Anyone up?” I hollered again.

“Me!” Louis shouted, coming out of his bedroom with his laptop closed, and in his hands.

“Twitter session?” I asked him, and he nodded. I quickly went to my room and grabbed my computer and headed back out into the living room. I plotted my butt on the couch to the right of Louis and opened up my laptop.

“So, did you kiss her like you told me you wanted too?” Louis asked me.

“Yup!” I said with a huge grin on my face, “and she kissed me on the cheek two times afterwards!” I told him.

“Don’t cheat on my Haz,” Louis said jokingly, making me laugh. I logged onto Twitter, and updated my tweet.

@Harry_Styles: Me and @Louis_Tomlinson are doing a Q/A! xx

Let the tweets roll in.

“We’re going to get so many mentions,” Louis told me.

“We already get tons of mentions,” I laughed and so did Louis.

@1D4evaaaa: larry stylinson!

@jayleen09090: harry I love you follow me please xx

@daniellezzzzzz: who’s that girl you are with in this pic pic.twitter.com/07xc3fh ?

(I DO NOT KNOW IF THESE ARE REAL TWITTERS AND IF THEY ARE IN USE. THEY ARE JUST FOR THE STORY, NOT REAL TWEETS)

I clicked on the picture that the girl sent me and it was a picture of Essie and I kissing.

“Shit,” I murmured to myself and Louis looked over.

“What?” he asked all concerned. I showed him the picture and his jaw dropped.

“That’s not good,” Louis gasped, “That can’t get out Harry, the management won’t approve,”

“It’s already out,” I told him, looking back at the computer and noticing that all my mentions are about Essie. What the fuck did I just do? She’s never going to talk to me again if she gets hate. She’s so delicate and sweet, and isn’t rude to anyone, she’s going to be broken.

“It’s okay Harry, she won’t notice if she doesn’t have a Twitter,” Louis said, trying to comfort me from guilt, rubbing my back.

Wait, did she get a Twitter since I told her I’ll be there for her for the hate? I pulled out my phone and dialed her phone number.

“Hey Harry,” She said with a joyful tune, making me smile from just hearing her lovely voice.

“Hello, love,” I started, “did you make a Twitter?” I asked her.

“Yeah, but I haven’t actually explored it,” She told me, making me cringe already.

“What’s your name?” I asked her.

“its uhm, I think it’s essiexx.” She told me, making me type away on my computer. (AGAIN, I DON’T KNOW IF THIS IS REAL OR NOT. JUST FOR THE STORY)

“Okay, talk to you later Essie!” I told her, and she said her goodbye, and I hung up the phone.

I went onto her profile and noticed she already has over five hundred followers. But how is that? She just made it today, and she’s not even following anyone other than Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn, Me, and her two friends.

This can’t be good.

Essie’s Point of View

When Harry reminded me about Twitter, I walked to the guest room and sat on the bed. I took out my laptop and went on Twitter and logged on. I noticed I had ‘100+’ mentions, so I’m assuming that’s good right?

I went into my mentions and noticed I had over five hundred followers and tons of people tweeting me. I read some of the tweets.

@harrystylesfever: your just using harry! you skank!

@1dream1erection: I saw you kiss him. Youre too young!

@iloveonedirection: don’t listen to the haters essie!

That’s when I broke down. The tears started to flood my blue eyes, and started to run down my cheeks. Seventy five percent of my mentions were all hate, and the other fifteen were people tell me to ignore them. I can’t ignore something that’s right in front of my face!

Sam walked into the room and started to dig through her dresser drawers, for I’m assuming what are pajamas. I quickly wiped away the tears from my cheeks, and continued to read the tweets. I don’t understand how horrible some people can be, and how rude and arrogant they could be. If they were true fans, wouldn’t they want Harry to be happy?

“Hey, I’m going to bed. Night,” Sam told me, climbing into the bed that is on the left of me. I turned on the lamp on the nightstand and continued to read them.

So, from reading the tweets, apparently I’m using Harry for his fame, sex, and money. What the actual fuck?

I decided to tweet myself.

@essiexx: I am not dating @Harry_Styles nor am I using him. It was just a kiss, nothing special.

Hopefully that’ll clear things up. I took off my sweater, leaving me in only a bra and my shorts. I climbed underneath the duvet covers, and started to doze off in a sleep.

Harry’s Point of View

I saw Essie’s tweet, and I don’t understand why she said the kiss was nothing special. It was everything to me. It made me realize that I fancy her; it made me realize that I want her. But, apparently to her it meant nothing. I felt my heart drop to my knees, and I felt weak, and worthless.

“Saw her tweet,” Louis told me, making me feel even worse knowing that all the boys are going to see her tweet.

“Yeah,” I plainly said to him, scrolling through Twitter and answering a few tweets. I decided to tweet something.

@Harry_Styles: Please stop sending hate to @essiexx , she is meaning no harm to any of you and she’s a sweet girl. Thank you. Love you all. G’night xx.

I know this won’t do any good, but I want Essie to know that I’m there for her. I mean, I understand it isn’t the best backup in the world, but she’s pooped and I’m pooped and I just don’t feel like doing anything other than sleeping.

I tossed and turned all night, not getting a good rest at all with the constant thought of Essie on my mind, and on Twitter. I don’t understand why people would just, you know, send hate to others. I surely wouldn’t do it, and I know Essie would either.

People fucking piss me off.

Essie’s Point of View

Yawning, I stretch out my dainty arms and legs, and rub my tired eyes. I would like to stay in all day, relax and catch up on my television shows I missed the last few weeks. Swinging my legs of the side of the bed, I lifted myself up and looked at the alarm clock.

12:27pm

And, it’s late. I’m used to waking up a lot later though, but the past month I usually wake up early for some odd reason. I let my hair out from a messy bun and looked for bra and panties in my drawer. I pulled out a white lace bra and black lace hipsters. I headed to the bathroom and stripped down completely and hopped into the shower.

I lathered myself in pineapple liquid soap and shaved the areas that needed to be shaved. Scrubbing my hair, I took out this new shampoo; it had a scent of papaya, and matching conditioner. It smelt delicious and so did my hair.

I stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom. The apartment was awfully freezing, so with my wet body I was extremely cold.

I noticed all the windows were closed with the AC on high. No wonder why it’s freezing, it’s not even that hot in the summer here in the UK, and with the AC on high, it just makes it the brink of winter in here.

I walked over to the air conditioning and turned it on low, so it wasn’t so cold. I walked back into the guest room where I was alone in the house. No Sam, no Lo, just me. I dropped the towel and slipped on my undies and my bra. I put on a black camisole and a pair of boxers that had mustaches on them. I walked back out into the living room and turned on the TV. I walked into the kitchen to fetch up something to eat. Raiding through the fridge, I took out milk for some cereal.

I took out the cereal box and poured it into the bowl, following the milk. I took a spoon and put it in the bowl, and walked back into the living room. I plotted myself on the couch and sat Indian style while watching Bad Girls Club. I dug through my cereal, and once I was done I placed it on the coffee table.

“We’re home!!!!” Sam screeches as she barges through the entrance of the apartment. Lo followed behind her as well as Harry.

“Oh, hello,” I return, still with the towel in my hair and just in a cami and boxers. Don’t I look swelling for the guy I fancy?

“Hey girl!” Lo greeted me, kissing me on the head. She seems awfully, friendly and happy today. Something is up.

“Hey haha,” I told her, laughing a bit and Harry came on the couch and sat next to me. He leaned in and kissed me on the cheek leaving me in flames from excitement. His lips are so soft, and subtle, and sweet tasting. I just want to kiss him again, but he probably doesn’t want to.

“Hello love,” he says, as he backed up from kissing my cheeks. He was wearing a pair of gray sweats and a blue Jack Wills sweatshirt.

“Hello Harold,” I greeted him back, leaving him in a grin. He’s so beautiful, and I can’t believe that I fancy someone so beautiful. Normally, I wouldn’t judge people on looks and my past boyfriends weren’t the best looking, but Harry, I don’t even judge him on looks because he’s personality is so flourished, he’s just beautiful on his own and he doesn’t know it.

“Why are you here” I asked him, not completely understanding why he’s at Lo’s house, unexpectedly. I never even asked him to hang out or anything, and the other two girls wouldn’t just hang with him, so this is quite odd.

“I wanted to give you this for your birthday!” he told me, making me remember that my birthday is in a week. “I couldn’t wait to give it to you,” he giggled, handing me a bag with a huge birthday cake design on it. I opened up the bag and noticed the gift. It’s one of those jewelry boxes, the black velvet; you know.

I opened up the box quickly, and it revealed a half heart, seemed to be silver. It read ‘forever’ on it.

“Oh god,” I told Harry, startled on it how he gave me a necklace, “thank you so much,”

“I have the other half,” he told me, grabbing the chain and tugging it from under his shirt. It read ‘friends.’

“This is so sweet, thank you so much,” I told him, and gave him a warm hug. This was so sweet, and intentionally made my whole entire day. Harry signaled me to turn around on the couch as he put on the silver chain necklace with a half heart hanging from it. Once he clipped it on, I turned back around and admired it.

“It’s so beautiful,” I tell him once again, and he smiles and blushes a bit. I lifted myself from the couch and headed to the kitchen where the two girls were.

“Why did you guys tell him my birthday is soon? You know I hate it when people buy me gifts!” I whisper-yell to them and they both looked at each other and smirked.

“Well we all went together,” Sam started, “and he was telling us how he fancies you a lot, and how he can’t wait for Friday on your date, and how he’s going to make a move,” Sam tells me, which causes me to step back of confusion.

I never knew Harry really ‘fancied’ me. I knew he had feelings, like I have feelings for him but Harry really does like me eh? Well, I think it’s my time to shine. Just kidding, I’m a pansy when it comes to stuff like this. I put myself out as a girl who makes the first move when I really don’t.

“Really?” I asked her, and she nodded her head yes. Lo smiled and continued to fetch up crackers and cheese.

I walked back out into the living room where I saw the curly haired boy sitting on the couch roaming on his iPhone.

“What’cha doing?” I asked him, looking over his shoulder from the back of his couch, catching that he’s on Twitter.

“Nothing,” he says, quickly exiting out of Twitter, and putting his cell phone back in his jacket pocket.

“Are you okay?” I asked him, crawling over the back of the couch and onto the cushion next to Harry.

“I’m protecting you on Twitter,” he tells me, making me blush in the inside. He’s such a sweetheart sticking up for the ones he loves. Well, he obviously doesn’t love me, but you know what I’m getting at; good friends.

“What do you mean?” I ask him, knowing what he means but asking him to see what he says.

“People are saying quite rude things about you on here and it’s making me quite ticked off,” he told me, turning back to his phone from his pocket and showing me his mentions.

“They’re all about me...” I tell him, shocked on how the, Harry Styles, is only getting tweets about me, Essie Lynn.

“Yeah, I know,” Harry says, closing his phone once more and slipping it in his pocket.

“I’m sorry,” I tell him.

“Don’t be, Essie. It’s not your fault; they aren’t real fans,” he says, making me smile. “I love your smile,” Harry states, informing me on how he loves my smile is huge. I’m fangirling in the inside on how someone so charming can compliment someone on the smallest thing and it makes you feel like you’re his one in a million.

“I love yours too,” I tell him. His smile is so nice; so beautiful. The way his dimple creases in his cheeks when he smiles wide, and his pink lips, just; ugh I love his smile.

Harry smiled and let out a chuckle.

“Crackers and cheese anyone?” Lo offers, putting a platter on the table.

“Yes!” Harry shoots up from the couch and heads over to the kitchen table to grab a bite. I stood up from the couch and headed over to the guest room and threw on a sweatshirt because I was quite chilly in the apartment. I feel like a wreck, and we have guest over. Oh, did I mention I look like a wreck too?

I looked into the wall mirror quickly and I noticed the beautiful necklace Harry just gave me. I started to rub at the heart, making me smile a bit.

I really do think I fancy Harry Styles. I’m falling too hard for him.

I walk back out into the hallway and headed down into the living room. Harry, Lo and Sam are all huddled on the couch watching a TV show. I grab myself a glass or orange juice and head back out into the living room.

“Miss me?” I ask the girls and Harry sarcastically. Sam and Lo laughed while Harry was just sipping on a glass of water and watching the television. We all got cozy on the couch and watched The Last Song.

Sorry guys I know it sucks really bad like, really bad but hey I had writes block really badly and ugh i'm disappointed in this chapter like a lot. well i did hope you enjoyed it at least a little bit. New character for Essie is in the sidebar. I wasn't really feeling Emily Browning for the story, so it's now Blake Lively from Gossip Girl. i didn't re-read it so tell me if there are errors!

 love you guys xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 944 27
PREVIOUS TITLE : FIFTY SHADES OF STYLES Harry Styles. Two words that can bring a woman to her knees. Yes men, too. He's your usual entrepreneur, that...
7.4K 127 10
Laila is a typical nineteen-year-old girl who is very determined about her future. She goes to study at MIT where she encounters Zayn Malik from the...
6.6K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
11.5K 70 42
Sylvie's had it rough. She left her parents at 16 and things have never been the same since then. When she's finally 18 and just graduated high schoo...