The Strength of the Weak {A N...

By InfernoAeolian

The Uchiha clan - a prestigious noble clan of Konohagakure, renowned for their infamous and deadly kekkei gen... More

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 1
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 2
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 3
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 4
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 5
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 6
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 7
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 8
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 9
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 10
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 11
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 12
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 13
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 14
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 15
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 16
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 17
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 18
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 19
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 20
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 21
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 22
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 23
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 24
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 25
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 26
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 27
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 28
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 30
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 31
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 32
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 33
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 34
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 35
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 36
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 37
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 38
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 39
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 40
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 41
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 42
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 43
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 44
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 45
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 46
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 47
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 48
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 49
The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 50

The Strength of the Weak - Chapter 29

4K 154 46
By InfernoAeolian

Satomi P.O.V.

"Do it again, Satomi."

"Magen: Kasegui no Jutsu!" I cry out, casting a powerful genjutsu on Ryouichi-sensei. This genjutsu can only be used with a sharingan, so only Itachi, Sasuke, and I could ever perform it.

The victim is pulled into an illusionary world and has stakes driven through them over and over again... it was basically torture.

So Ryouichi-sensei made me cast it on him multiple times, for the sake of 'training'.

Seeing Ryouichi-sensei's blank look, I cut the genjutsu, causing him to gasp for air immediately after.

"Nice job, Satomi. I think you got the hang of it," Ryouichi-sensei compliments, standing up as if nothing had happened to him. You'd think he'd be at least a little affected by my genjutsu...

"Now that you mastered this genjutsu... we can move on to other things. What is a genjutsu user's greatest weakness?" Ryouichi-sensei asks. I tilt my head at his question, knowing the simple answer easily.

"Taijutsu."

"Correct. Let's say you're in a battle and you use your genjutsu, but the enemy figures it out. They will assume that you're weak in close combat, and immediately attack that way. So, we will be improving your taijutsu to make sure you are able to defend yourself in case your opponent is able to get out of the genjutsu," he explains.

The finals were in a week, so Ryouichi-sensei was beginning to finish up the training. The first week was all work on my general physical strength, as well as my body flicker. He made me improve my natural speed so that I could utilize my body flicker technique to the fullest extent.

Even so, I needed a lot more training to be on par with Shisui-sensei.

The week after that we had worked on my fireball jutsu, and Ryouichi-sensei introduced me to a wind technique called Futon: Reppusho and a lightning technique called Raiton: Raiju Tsuiga, although my natural ninjutsu calling was for fire.

This week had been working on my genjutsu for hours on end. Ryouichi-sensei taught me how to manipulate my regular sharingan genjutsu to be effective for whatever purpose I needed, whether it be an offensive strategy, information gathering, and so on.

He also taught me some advanced genjutsu I could cast without my sharingan, like the Konoha-Ryu Yanagi.

All in all, my training was progressing very quickly.

"Let's begin with some basic taijutsu," Ryouichi-sensei instructs, motioning for me to attack him. I oblige, running forwards, and thus our battle began.

::

"Do you see the mistakes you're making, Satomi?" Ryouichi-sensei asks from above me. I was panting on the ground, beaten and bruised everywhere. I nod, gulping in large breaths, and staring at the setting sun.

Ryouichi-sensei, much to my surprise, sits next to me and watches the sun set with me.

"You've done remarkably so far," he says softly, "I'm very impressed. With the coming of the chunin exams, I expect you to win. You have improved much more than I expected at the beginning of this."

A small smile quirks my lips up, my eyes glancing over at Ryouichi-sensei happily. He was looking at me with a proud smile, his usually cold eyes softened with affection.

"Thank you, sensei. I'm trying my hardest... I need the power to protect my friends and family so that nothing like the attack Orochimaru imposed on us ever happens again," I state confidently. Ryouichi-sensei chuckles at my statement, tilting his head back at the sky.

"You are very much like him..."

He meant Shisui-sensei. I nod wistfully, holding back the tears threatening to fall.

"Ne, sensei, why do you never show your left eye? I've never seen it uncovered before..." I ask, changing the subject.

"I use my left eye to cast genjutsu. Whenever I'm in a real battle, if someone makes eye contact with my left eye they fall to my attack. My right eye can release it if I want to, and I also just see normally from this eye."

I hum in acknowledgment, watching the stars pierce through the night sky as dusk falls.

We stayed there all night... my sensei and I.

::

"Time to head back. We should reach Konoha in about a day and a half if we body flicker," Ryouichi-sensei says, implying that he wanted me to work on my technique even though training for the month was over.

How cruel.

"Yes, sensei," I reply, holding my hands in a tiger sign. Taking a deep breath, I body flicker as far forward as I could, continuing that pattern in order to increase both my range of body flickering and the speed at which I could go.

Ryouichi-sensei easily keeps up with my speed, having far more training and experience than I. It was almost insulting. Almost.

Together, we traveled that way until we reached about a mile in front of Konoha's gates. Panting in exhaustion, I keel over and heave deep breaths, sweat dripping down my face.

"I didn't expect you to be able to keep that up for so long. You've surprised me yet again..." Ryouichi-sensei praises, raising an eyebrow at me. I gave him a weary thumbs up, standing up all the way and beginning the short walk to Konoha.

With Ryouichi-sensei by my side, we walk through Konoha's gates, the familiar sight of our home greeting us with open arms.

"Ne, sensei, would you mind going out to dinner with me? I think a good friend of mine may be at the restaurant I want to go to," I offer. Ryouichi-sensei sighs, but ends up agreeing, so I take him to Ichiraku Ramen.

Pushing aside the flag, I spot a familiar head of blonde hair with an accompanying orange jumpsuit.

"Hey, Naruto-kun. Long time no see," I greet, catching Naruto's attention. He grins brightly, nudging the man beside him.

"Satomi-chan! I've missed you! This is the guy I was talking about, the pervert who beat up the other pervert!" Naruto introduces the man beside him. The man, however, was staring at Ryouichi-sensei incredibly.

"Ryouichi? Is that really you?!" the man exclaims. Glancing at Ryouichi-sensei, he was smiling at the man, as if he were an old friend.

"It's been a while, Jiraiya. How have you been these days?" Ryouichi-sensei says, sitting down next to the man, Jiraiya. My jaw drops as I realize that two of the four Legendary Sannin were sitting right next to us.

And they were mine and Naruto's senseis.

"Naruto-kun... our senseis are from the same genin team," I explain to Naruto, as he stares at Jiraiya and Ryouichi-sensei in confusion.

"That's so cool, Satomi-chan! Someday I bet we'll be old friends just like them!" Naruto cheers in awe. I blush at his comment, scratching the back of my head sheepishly. Jiraiya and Ryouichi-sensei watch us from their seats, fond smiles on their faces.

"Yeah... I'd like that, too."

::

I keep a straight face as I gaze into the crowd before me, a roar of cheers erupting from all sides of the arena. It was finally here...

The final stage of the chunin exams.

Although... two people were missing. Two people who I would never expect to skip something like this. It just wasn't like them...

Naruto and Sasuke are nowhere to be found.

"You keep looking back. Are you expecting someone?" Neji asks from beside me, not sparing a glance. I hum in acknowledgment, deciding to turn back around to face everyone.

"Neither Naruto or Sasuke are here. I can't help but worry about them... one is my best friend and the other is my twin brother," I explain softly.

"Hopefully that fool Naruto won't come. It's insulting to me to have to fight someone as weak as him," Neji scoffs, although there is a playful tone in his voice. I chuckle, the sun glinting in my eyes as I tilt my head upwards. Neji glances over at me, a smirk on his lips which confirms my previous thoughts.

"As much as I'd like you to win... I believe that Naruto will beat you. Call it whatever you like, but he is unpredictable. Unpredictable enough to pull a fast one on you," I state confidently. Neji shakes his head, gazing at me with an emotion I couldn't define.

"No way. Especially when I'm fighting for someone important to me... It's my destiny to win."

I tilt my head in surprise, a smile gracing my lips. So Neji has someone to fight for, too. That strength would take him far... but not far enough to beat a knucklehead who doesn't know when to give up.

"There is no way that blond brat will win. Besides... I think you should be a little more concerned about your own match," a sinister voice intrudes. Neji scoffs and glares behind me at Dosu, who was the one who had spoken.

"Why don't you mind your own business?" Neji retorts irritatedly. Dosu clicks his tongue, his visible eye narrowing dangerously.

"Cocky brat... you're going to pay for that, ya hear? And Satomi..." Dosu hisses, staring into my eyes unflinchingly, "I wouldn't act so casual. I can see the fear in your eyes... the fear that he will come once again."

My body tenses at this statement, although I don't allow my face to give off any emotion. Neji narrows his eyes at Dosu, not appreciating his vague statement.

"Run for your lives! It's a horde of bulls!" a panicked voice calls. Glancing behind me, I see Naruto running frantically into the arena, tripping and skidding to a stop next to the rest of the participants. I sigh warily, turning my attention back towards the front. Way to make a scene, Naruto...

"I don't think I'll lose to him," Neji informs, having seen Naruto's dramatic entrance. I sweatdrop, a small smile playing on my lips.

"Perhaps."

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the final stage of the chunin selections exam! The 10 genin before you are this year's participants! Without further ado... let's get on with the matches! Will the first two opponents please proceed to the middle of the arena!" Lord Hokage announces, causing an uproar in the stadium.

Everyone but Naruto and Neji begin their descent to the waiting area, however before I leave I decide to give Naruto a few words of encouragement.

"Listen, Naruto-kun... Neji is unlike anyone you've faced before. His byakugan is extremely powerful, and he's also naturally talented," I begin, watching as Naruto's anger starts to peak, "He's like the Sasuke of his generation. However... I know you can beat him. Don't let me down, Naruto-kun."

Naruto nods determinedly, a familiar glint present in his cerulean eyes. Seeing this look, I knew for a fact Naruto would win.

He doesn't give up... not with that look.

Walking away, I pass by Neji, who glances at me from the corner of his eyes. I stop my walking, turning my head to look at him.

"Don't you dare try to kill him."

He smirks, but says nothing, causing me to shake my head and sigh, heading towards the waiting area once more.

"I won't... Satomi."

::

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 412 19
Kakashi Hatake is known throughout the shinobi world for his visual prowess and devastating past. He's a loner, figuring it's easier to exist in soli...
387K 14.6K 90
The Uchiha Clan was a powerful clan of jujutsu sorcerers that wielded an eye that 'reflected the heart', the Sharingan. Now, you possess that eye in...
40.8K 1K 72
Indra Uchiha is Sasuke's younger brother named after their ancestor. Due to his exceptional abilities he was put in a grade higher , being in the sam...
133K 3K 69
The uchiha clan is the clan that was wiped out years ago but lucky one uchiha survived.what kept him alive and strong was revenge the darkness of a h...