Quicksand ¤ Jughead Jones

By lucidprofanities

"You trap me in, and I can't escape. It's like this quicksand you created to drive me insane, but the worst i... More

Cast // Playlist
Prologue
1- First Day Drama
2-Make ups
3-Releasing stressful thoughts
4-Past in Present
5- Disappointment
6-Bitter words spoken
7- Surprises
8- Rage
9- A Quick Change of Emotions
10-Close
11- Team-up gone wrong
12- Blushes
13- Outbursts
14- Recognizing Feelings
15- Departure
17- Slipping Away
18- Beyond Repair
19- Cruel World
20- Unbelievable Facts
21- The Beginning of Chaos
22- Utter Havoc
23- Night to Disaster
24- Anatomy of a Murder
25- A Change Of Heart?
Epilogue
SEQUEL// AUTHORS NOTE

16-Heartbreak

2.8K 73 46
By lucidprofanities

CHAPTER SIXTEEN, HEARTBREAK 

Dear Lauren,

First things first, I'm so sorry for everything. I know how hard life has been for you, I have my own part in it, I admit. After everything we've been through, I treated you the worst, just know, it's something I never ever wanted to do. I love you with all my heart and leaving you today killed me inside.

I did this for us, I want you to trust me when I say this. Everything I ever did was for you and you only. I know life won't get easier and for that I blame myself, I certainly didn't make it any better.

The bills can't be payed off for this house, it's too much. Go to the apartment dad left for us, okay? I've got everything ready for you, payed off your first months bill and started the process. All you have to do next is move in. You'll find the keys on this note, don't lose them, you can be pretty forgetful.

You have good friends, Laur. Keep them close. Don't try to do what you did last time. You're all I have left, so please don't try and leave me. Don't shut down again, Laur. You're so much stronger than you think, do whatever you can to make yourself happy.

Don't sacrifice your love, Laur. You can't just sit there and put everyone's lives ahead of yours and think that counts as love.

Remember this isn't a goodbye, I'll see you as soon as I possibly can. I'll call you whenever I can. Just know, the reason I left, it's to keep you safe. I love you with my whole heart. 

Xxx, Maya

For a moment Lauren Davis sat staring at the wall ahead of her, the folded paper in her hands as she processed every word and every letter on the paper, she hadn't known that her sister had so many unspoken words left, though the letter was barely an apology or an explanation but Lauren was going to hold into it like it was the very last bit of hope. 

Lauren was unsure of how long she had cried with Jughead or even when she got home, somehow Maya had left an eerie vibe in the big house that the brunette never felt the loneliness of but now, knowing Maya was not going to return hurt her. 

For whatever reason the girl had left, Lauren was heartbroken, her only sense of family had left her and she didn't know how long she would have the reason to live. But despite the ache in her heart, Lauren had packed all her clothes, toiletries along with everything she would need for the new house. 

Though Lauren was happy walking to wherever she was needed to go to, Maya and Teresa Davis had left her car, it had belonged to her mother when Maya started using it and now Lauren was. So grabbing every edible item she could find, Lauren stood at the door, a suitcase in hand and two boxes standing next to her. 

Lauren looked around the house, her eyes trailing up the stairs and through the corridor, it was like a bitter goodbye, leaving behind every piece of a family she had, looking once again, Lauren dragged her suitcase behind her with the rest of the boxes in her hand. Lauren put it in her car, grabbing all the keys she now had to take care of and used one to lock her house with. 

With a deep and heavy sigh, Lauren made her way to the apartment that she was told to go to, leaving what seemed like everything behind. 

****

Lauren didn't go to school that day, deciding to finish packing, she had hoped Betty had written her notes like she had promised, so when she was finally done un-packing the small apartment, she had made her way to Betty's house. 

"Mrs.Cooper." Lauren nodded, she stood in the doorway of the women's house, the other giving her a faux smile. 

"Lauren, you keep popping up with surprises." Alice Cooper answered, hand on her waist. 

Lauren briefly rolled her eyes at the answer, stepping in when the Alice moved aside. Lauren made her way up the stairs, opening Betty's bedroom door without knocking. 

"Hey Betty-" 

Lauren's mouth fell agape, her eyes widening as Jughead and Betty pull away from each other in a hurry, the brunette obviously being the reason of their intimate moment getting disturbed. Lauren tried really hard for her eyes not to water at the scene in front of her, her words left hanging in the air. It was like a slap on the face and a punch to the stomach that had caused the sudden churning of her stomach and the aching of her heart. 

For a moment everything stopped, it was like she had all the time in the world to get rid of the pain in her heart and cry all the tears she wanted leaving no trace for the pair to feel guilty of, but unfortunately, Lauren couldn't show her pain at the moment, neither had known about her feelings about Jughead, so she mustered up enough courage to act frantic. 

"Oh my god, I'll just... I'll... I'll just come back later."  Lauren stuttered, awkwardly, her eyes trailing on the floor so the duo didn't see her pained expression.

"No, Lauren, you wanted the notes, right?" Betty said quickly, giving the girl a bright smile, one she couldn't return. 

"It's fine, Betty. I'll take them in school tomorrow. Sorry for disturbing you guys." 

With that said the girl had left the room, leaving Jughead and Betty in a silence, with blushes creeping onto their cheeks. 

As Lauren got into her car and sped away, stopping on the side of an empty street, it was like everything that happened to her in the last 48 hours came rushing back to her like a speeding car, her eyes shut closed, her knuckles tightly grasped the steering wheel. Tears finally rolled down her cheeks, her wiping it away quickly, banging her head against the wheel. Taking a deep, heartbroken breathe before making her way home. 

****

"Don't tell Betty or Lauren, she has enough on her mind." 

"Tell Lauren what?" 

Lauren's whisper broke them out of their trance, her small smile diminishing as a frown replaced it, her brown hair was in a bun and she wore a hoodie, her nose was red and her eyes matched it, she looked terrible. Both Archie and Jughead jump at the sound of her voice, clutching their eyes closed and resting their hand on their hearts. 

"Jughead's living in the janitors closet." Archie blurted out. 

Lauren's eyes widen as Jughead glares at the red head, smacking his arm. "Dude, not cool." 

"You're living here, Jug? Why didn't you tell me?" Lauren questioned in worry, her eyebrows dipping in concern. Jughead gave Archie a pointed look before sighing. 

"Why are you whispering?" Jughead asked instead, hoping to avoid answering the girl. 

Lauren rolled her eyes at the boys attempt. "I lost my voice. Stop changing the subject, you know you can live with me, right? I live alone anyway, Jug." 

Jughead nodded his head not bothering to respond as they all walked into the student lounge, Betty, Kevin and Veronica were already seated there. Lauren took a seat next to Veronica, Jughead taking one, unsurprisingly, next to Betty. 

"My mom and dad want to get the Police involved. They don't want anyone to know that they ran away, or about her shameful condition." Betty said, her hands fiddling with each other. 

Veronica scoffed, taking a sip from her coffee. "Please, what decade is this?" 

"Also, since she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think she burned it and if she did..." Betty adds, trailing off in nervousness. 

"She could also be the murderer trying to cover up her own tracks." Jughead finished, nodding his head. 

Lauren paid some attention to what the group was speaking about, though she couldn't get out of her very own thoughts first, she was simply drowning herself in her own thoughts, as a distraction as to what was happening outside her own life and she was very content with that it most certainly not a healthy way but it was her way. 

"...Right, Laur." Veronica said, her voice snapping her out of her trance. Lauren's eyes snapped open a little wider, everybody's attention now directed towards, her gaining looks of concerns, ones that she ignored. 

"What?" 

Lauren awkwardly shrugged off the look Jughead gave her and wiped her sweaty palms on her pants, sitting up slightly straighter as Veronica smiled at her, still giving her a look that said, we'll talk about this later. 

Veronica let out a forced giggle. "I was saying we should just move." 

Lauren nodded as a response, letting her eyes drift to the floor, her voice inaudible due to her disappeared voice. "If only it was that easy." 

"Guys, what if, Polly is really hurt and whoever went after Jason is going after her." Betty mumbled, shaking her head with anxiety. 

Jughead put his arm around Betty to comfort her and Betty smiled at him, holding his hand, it indicated exactly what Lauren had seen the other day, Veronica gasped lowly, making only Lauren hear as she quickly turned her head to face the floor again, she could feel her heart clench as Betty and Jughead looked at each other with admiration, everyone had noticed it. 

Everybody noticed Betty and Jughead but only Veronica noticed the look of sadness cross Lauren's face. The raven-haired girl took a hold of Lauren's hand in comfort, giving her a sympathetic smile. Lauren only glanced at her briefly for a response, not being able to give her an assuring smile back.

****

Short chapter, I know, but I have been sick with a flu for the whole week/end and honestly, I have a headache but writing really calms me so i thought a short chapter for now would be good enough.

I hope. 

Anyway, just another sad chapter making you see how everything really effects Lauren, like the minute she gets hope its washed away by something else. 

I hope I get to update again before I go for a holiday for two weeks. I don't think I will update while I am there, maybe a filler, because I'm going to spend some time with family and friends. I go next week so hopefully I'll make some time to update this and my other books too. 

I hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 582 75
Cadence Dooley is Tasha's sons best friend; she moved in with leo and tasha after her parents died when she was 8 years old. she even changed her las...
141K 3.1K 43
"You've made Papa proud Two. My sweet, darling Josephine." ~ All rights to the Duffers and other creators of Stranger Things. I only claim my charac...
58.4K 2K 34
My name is Mya I am 18 and me and my family can control the elements. My mum can control water, my dad fire and then theres me... I can control water...
1.2M 49.4K 54
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...