SouthSide Sweetheart ∞ Archie...

By MochiBoyJimin

Courtney Jones, more commonly known as CJ is Jughead sister. She lives in south side with her father but goes... More

[TimeLine]
[Disclaimer]
[Cast]
[Summary]
⚠️ Attention ⚠️
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9

1.0

5.4K 144 50
By MochiBoyJimin

Betty, Archie and Veronica walked in with their arms linked. Pop music played in the background.

"Well, it's not the Met Ball." Veronica said.

"Hey. When do you have to let Coach Clayton know about football?" Betty asked Archie.

"This weekend." Archie answered, his wondering for Courtney.

"Guys, can't we just liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock/artist? Can't we, in this post James Franco world, be all things at once?" Veronica stated.

"I've been working on it, Veronica." Archie said.

"Work faster. I'm getting punch." Veronica announced, whispering the last part to Betty before departing. "You got this."

"It's about following your heart, right? What does your heart say? Music or football?" Betty asked Archie.

At that moment Courtney walked in, looking incredibly stunning. In that moment the only thing that registered through Archie's mind was her.

Courtney's silky, long brown hair cascaded down to her waist, flowing as she moved her head to the side in search of someone.

She wore a beautiful, ruby red dress that reached mid thigh. The dress was strapless one side, making the dress more edgy and bringing out Courtney's personality.

"Betty, will you give me one minute? And I promise, when I get back, I'll be a much better date, okay?" Archie said as Betty nodded.

Archie quickly jogged his way over out to entrance, wanting to speak to her before Reggie arrived.

"Courtney," Archie greeted, alerting to him. She had to admit that he looked quite handsome in his suit.

"Archiekins, your looking really handsome tonight." Courtney complimented, making him blush.

"You- yo- wow." He felt speechless, as she looked even more beautiful up close. "I'm speechless. You look amazing, CJ."

She smiled, finding herself blushing from his compliment. She playfully swatted his arm.

"Please stop." She laughed, feeling highly embarrassed.

"Come on- we can go get some p-" Before he could finish another voice interrupted.

"Courtney, you look beautiful as always." Reggie complimented. "I'm sorry for running late, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

"It's fine." Courtney smiled at him.

"Would you like to dance?" Reggie asked, holding out his hand.

"It would be rude to say no." She chuckled, placing her hand in his. "I'll talk later Archie. Have fun with Betty and Veronica though."

"Have fun..." Archie repeated as he watched her and Reggie walk onto the dance floor.

After a few more seconds, Miss Grundy came into view. Archie made his way over wanting to speak to her.

~~~

"Courtney," Cheryl greeted her with a smile. "After party at mine. Are you in? Reggie?"

"Always." Reggie answered.

"Courtney?" Cheryl looked at her for an answer.

"I can't... I have to get back home. My brother will be waiting." She answered. "He's protective of his older sis."

"Maybe next time," Cheryl said, keeping a fake smile plastered on her face before walking away.

"Thank you for tonight Reggie." Courtney smiled at him. "I surprisingly had fun tonight."

"Do you want to walk you home?" Reggie asked.

"I'm fine. I'll see you tomorrow though." She said, separating from him and walking out of the exit.

Although this wasn't the last time they would see each other tonight as misery would creep over Riverdale once again tonight.

~~~

It was midnight, when Archie Andrews arrived at the one place in town that was still open. He was looking for the girl next door. Instead, he found the Jones siblings.

"Did anything happen between you two?" Jughead interrogated his sister, looking up from his laptop for the seventh time tonight.

"Juggy, calm down. Nothing happened." She sighed, looking up from her phone and rolling her eyes at him.

"Put your legs down, your wearing a dress." Jughead scolded his sister.

"It's not like I'm spreading my legs, I'm just resting my feet on the booth, plus you already put your jacket over my legs to cover them." She pouted.

"Uh, can I sit, Jughead?" A voice interrupted.

"If you want." Jughead said, looking down at his laptop once again.

"Go ahead Archiekins." Courtney answered, sending her brother a glare for his unfriendliness.

Archie slid into the booth besides Courtney. Jughead looked at his sister sending her a look. She scoffed and adjusted the coat on her lap, making sure it covered her.

"What are you working on?" Archie asked, trying to start a conversation with Jughead as they hadn't talked in a while.

"My novel. It's about this summer, and Jason Blossom." Jughead revealed, peaking the interest of Courtney.

"Seventeen years old and how will he be remembered? As captain of the water polo team?" Archie questioned, feeling incredibly depressed after tonight.

"The Aquaholics? Considering how he died, probably not." Jughead answered, not realising Archie's real meaning.

Courtney nudged Jughead with her foot making him look over.

"No, what I mean is Was he doing everything he was supposed to do, everything he wanted. I mean, did he even know what that was?" Archie wondered.

There was a few moments of silence before Jughead spoke up.

"Coach Clayton was in here talking to Pop Tate. Varsity." Jughead stated. "Does that make you, what, Mr.
Popular Football God now?"

"No. In fact, I'm kind of terrified I lost my best friend tonight." Archie revealed, making the siblings frown.

"If you mean Betty, whatever happened, just talk to her. You know, it'd go a long way." Jughead stated. "Would've gone a long way with me."

Archie nodded, however Courtney was wondering when and how her brother and Archie had lost contact and their friendship but also what had happened between Betty and Archie tonight.

~~~

And wasn't one heart that broke that night.
It was two.
And the night was far from over.

~~~

The police were down at Sweetwater River, carrying Jason's dead body up her parents. Archie was with his dad, Veronica was with her mom and Cheryl was all alone. Most of Riverdale had gathered as soon as thy had heard Jason Blossom's body had been found.

Courtney and Jughead were also watching the distressing scene. Courtney noticed Cheryl crying but no one was helping her, after this was her brothers dead body.

Courtney walked over and placed her hand on Cheryl's shoulder, making her shake it off.

"Did you do this?" Cheryl whispered, still crying.

"Cheryl, I've known you and Jason since preschool. I'd never harm you guys." Courtney answered. "Do you need a shoulder to cry on?"

Cheryl never answered so Courtney just pulled the redhead into a hug, letting her cry. Courtney rubbed Cheryl's back soothingly in hopes to calm down the girl.

~~~

By morning, everyone would be talking, texting, and posting about it. We'd all be feeling it.

That the world around us had changed, maybe forever. That Riverdale wasn't the same town as before.

That it was a town of shadows and secrets now.

On Monday, the autopsy on Jason's body would take place.

And on Tuesday, halfway through fifth period, the first arrest would be made.

___________________________
I hope you liked this chapter. I tried to add more explanation and build bridges between characters.

— Sofia xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

974K 38.7K 48
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
407K 14.3K 89
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
264K 8.8K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
218K 5.2K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...