Ellie's Angel

By WonderGirl320

This story follows a girl named Ellie as she falls in love with,Emil,her guardian angel,who has been sent to... More

Part 1 - Introducing Ellie
Part 2 - Introducing Emil
Part 3 - A new beginning
Part 4 - Heartfelt
Part 5 - Emil's secret
Part 6 - Graduation
Part 7 - High Stakes.
Part 9 - The past in the past
Part 10 - Emil's return
Part 11 - Circles of the heart
Part 12 - Consequences of love
Part 13 - Heart in the head
Part 14 - Rory's Past
Part 15 - Trouble
Part 16 - A change of heart
Part 17 - Ellie's revenge
Part 18 - The wheels of revenge
Part 19 - The Final act
Part 20 - Disappointment
Part 21 - a New beginning?
Part 22 - Confessions
Part 23 - If it's LOVE
Part 24 - The Beginning of the End
Part 25 - That's how it is
Part 26 - Forever together
Part 27 - Eternity

Part 8 - Life goes on

12 5 1
By WonderGirl320

Ellie's point of view.

Present day - 5th of May

It had been two years since I last saw Emil. I guess he did not want to come back then. Anyway I carried on with my life.

During the day I worked at the flower shop,so by day I was a florist. And by night I was training to be a nurse at the local hospital. I had to work hard to gather enough money for the course but it was worth it.

One other thing I did was,I moved into an apartment not far from both places I worked. I was independent and enjoying my freedom.

Rory was still my closest and only friend,but he also changed a lot over the past two years. He stopped wearing glasses,for the most part. Only wearing them to concentrate. And he started to gym and joined a swim club.

I learned a lot about Rory over the past two years. Like he comes from a very rich and intellectual family,but his parents never had time for him.

I suppose that's why we connected. He understands,in a different way,how it feels when you don't receive love from your parents.

Rory was in the running to take over his father's family businesses. Yes,they posses a variety of businesses around the city and the world. He works part time at his father's business.

It is situated near the hospital,so he would come visit me often even if I worked the night shift. Juggling two jobs was becoming difficult and tiring,but I have to do it.

11th of May

Rory's point of view.

Today is Ellie's birthday and I decided earlier that I would surprise her. I bought her favorite flowers,roses,of course.

She loves the blue one's but they are very scares, so I bought pink one's instead. She is working night shift tonight and that's where I will surprise her.

So,I drove over to the hospital around 20:00 pm. As I walked through the hallways,the smell of medicine filled the air.

Shortly after,I bumped into Lauren,one of Ellie's coworkers,whom I asked where Ellie might be. She giggled and pointed me in the direction. The other girls also giggled every time I passed.

I wonder why? Anyway after taking a few right and left turns,I found her. She was busy comforting a child patient of hers.

Ellie loves being a nurse. She loves children more than anything. Sometimes,I think that's why she became a nurse. To help the abused children who are emitted to the hospital.

I waited for her just outside the door. She smiled at me before coming over,closing the door behind her.

"Happy Birthday Ellie," I handed her the flowers.

"Oh,thank you so much Rory! My favorite," she pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

Ellie's point of view.

He smiled with a goofy grin after I thanked him for the flowers. His cheeks turned a light pink as he adjusted his glasses. I smile again looking up at him.

"Ellie there is one more thing," he admits somewhat nervous.

"What is it?" I asked curious.

"Please don't freak out,okay? I want to pay the rent of your apartment," he held his hands close together.

"You know how I feel about this,Rory. I don't want to feel guilty or depend on anyone," I sighed loud.

"I know,but I'm doing this because I care about you and I don't want you to feel guilty," he smiles sweet.

"But I'm doing fine on my own," I said looking at him.

"Yes,but you are struggling. You work yourself to death to pay your rent and for your studies," he looked genuine concerned.

"Alright,but don't make me regret it later," I placed my free hand on my hip.

Rory shortly left after giving me my present or should I say presents. I would've loved to spend time with him,but I had to work nightshift again.

Rory always said I became a nurse to help people and more specifically children. Which is why I work more closely with the children. Perhaps he is right,I don't know why I chose this occupation but the kids are a big factor.

I went to place the flowers in some water when Lauren came whistling around the corner. Seeing the flowers she smirked and came closer.

"So,how's your boyfriend doing?" She asked smug.

"Lauren,he is not my boyfriend," I gave her a serious look.

"Right and I'm the fairy godmother," she teased me,"he is crazy about you,girl."

"Is he?" I asked fiddling with a single flower petal.

She simply chuckled and gave me a hug. Lauren was one of those people who everyone loves. She was quirky and friendly and gave everyone love advise. Not to mention, somewhat crazy.

But in my two years working with her she became one of my close friends. And I trusted her. She helped me with many of my problems and gave me a shoulder to cry on.

07:00 am the following day

I arrive home,tired,as usual. My eyes are on fire and my feet are aching inside my shoes. I struggle to open the door of my apartment, dropping my keys in the process.

Ugh! After a few minutes of struggling, I manage to open the door nearly falling into my apartment. I yawn loudly making my way to my bedroom.

Walking through the small living room,I bump my knee against the coffee table. I let out a slight moan under my breath,when something caught my attention.

It was a letter. Funny thing is nobody sends letters anymore. Everything is done electronically. Sitting down on one of the couches I begin to tear at the envelope.

I manage to open it and inside I find a neatly hand written letter. But it is from an unknown person.

It reads:

Greetings,

You don't know me and this must be confusing for you. For that I apologise,dearly. Forgive me for bothering you,but all I ask is for you to read this letter. I've been searching for you my entire life and I've finally found you. And I was wondering if maybe you'd give me a chance to know you better? We could talk over coffee or something. My treat.

Love.

From Meredith.

I was too tired to think about it now and went to bed leaving the letter on the coffee table.

The following morning.

A knock at the door woke me up. It must be Rory,but what is he doing here at this time? It's so early. I lazily make my way to the door pulling it open.

"Rory if you think --"

"Hello,Elizabeth. I'm Meredith."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

994 94 40
Danielle Blake is 19 when her life is unjustly ripped from her by her husband of 2 years. After her death, she becomes an Angel, given gifts that she...
551 114 34
The Angels Wings Genre: Romance/Action/Humor Our main character (Amara) died. I know sad, but not to her. In fact her death was the greatest thing...
50.6K 1K 21
Vivian Hearts is an Orphan who is constantly in and out of foster homes, and to add to all the drama she is about to turn 17 and she is a vampire who...
572K 23.6K 60
~ Past separated them, now pain will bring them together.~ A teenager Sofia Hayden, experiencing her falling apart family isolated herself slowly fro...