The King's Assassin (B×B) [Bo...

By Squidtcyc

"Eat." I ordered as I pressed the spoon against his lips but in return, earned a cold glare from him. Before... More

Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Alternate ending

Chapter 14

6.1K 229 37
By Squidtcyc

QOTD: What do ya’ll wanna be when ya’ll grow up? I’m aspiring to be an Interior Designer so I’m on my way to my first step!

Damon’s POV:

Tsk. Can my legs be any slower than this? I don’t remember this area being so huge.

Leaping from tree to tree, I sprited as fast as my legs could carry me into the castle grounds. Tsk. Stupid human legs. Wings will come in much more handy in such cases. Ah screw that. Speeding up my pace, I pushed forward as the castle came into view. I’m in. Nice.

Just then, a loud scream resounded throughout the area. Eros. Shit. He better be alive when I get there or I’ll personally slaughter them all. Kicking up my speed by a gear, I sprinted towards where the sound came from only to find myself at the back of the castle. Wait… why aren’t there any guards on duty? It’s 6 am already… oh well. Not that I’m complaining.

Jumping over to the nearest possible tree to the castle, I hid among the leaves as I peered into one of the windows which seems to lead to the kitchen. Jumping down silently, I crawled over to the window ledge before crouching down low. Gosh, I feel like a peeping tom.

“They’re charcoal eggs! Why did you throw them away?!” Eros? That sounded like Eros! Lifting myself up quickly, I peered into the window to find Eros’s back facing my way as he bickered with another male who’s wearing a… yellow frilly apron… with cartoon bees on it… nice fashion... Does everyone in this kingdom have the same weird ass fashion as the castle’s chef?

“They’re not charcoaled Kai! They burnt! Of course I’ll throw them away!” Kai? But that’s Eros- wait…

Simple. I knocked him out… with a rock. A large and sharp one too. He collapsed immediately.

Who knows? His head was bleeding like mad. It was a beautiful sight, I must say.

Did Eros lose his memories? Did he get rescued by them? But it’s impossible right? We were attacking the castle then so unless he managed to get away but then got attacked by Josiah when he was trying to infiltrate again… but why did Josiah have to attack him though? Argh! This is all messed up! I give up. I’ll just go with the flow. My brain never works when it’s outside the battlefield.

“You ass! How dare you insult my cooking skills!” Um… I doubt Eros can cook at the first place… I doubt he even knows how to boil water.

“I just don’t want us to get food poisoning. You, go and sit. I’ll cook.” Eros huffed at the cook before shaking his head stubbornly like how he always is.

“No. I’ll cook.” He glared at the cook hard, starting a staring battle between them. Eros will win.

“Tsk- fine. You’ll cook but under my orders.” The chef finally gave in before digging the fridge for ingredients. Told you Eros will win..

“Deal.” Grinning widely, he started zooming around the kitchen eagerly as he took out whatever equipments needed by the chef before dashing back to his side as they begun making breakfast. He seems… genuinely happy… I’ve never seen him like this before. Although he has lost his memories, he’s genuinely happy here. The bright smile on his face and the cheerful glint in the eyes shone brightly as he messed around in the kitchen with the chef after his ass for causing trouble.

So this is it huh. I guess this is where it all ends. I’m so glad for him.

Goodbye, Eros. From now on, you’re Kai. Eors is dead and Kai is born. Remember that, Kai.

I really hope that the heavens will have mercy on you that you’ll never ever regain your memories. Never.

Taking on last longing look at my best friend, I turned away before sprinting back to my boat.

Lucifer’s POV:

“How much longer?” Kai grumbled as he stared into the lit oven with an impatient look on his face.

“1 minute. Why don’t you eat the crepes first? They’re-”

“No. 30… 28… 25… 2-” He stopped midway as he became on high alert. “Someone’s coming.” He whispered under his breath as he stood up from his squatting position before facing the door calmly. “3… 2……. 1.”

*BANG* The doors slammed open with a loud bang as in ran a hyperactive blonde. Oh shit...

“Lucyyyyy!” She screamed at the top of her voice as she ran towards me quickly before jumping onto me, latching on my frame tightly like a koala.

“Get off of me, Clover.” I grunted out annoyed as I tried to pull her off but damn. She has one fucking tight grip.

“Nope!” She chirped giddily beore burying her head against my biceps.

“Who’s that?” Kai asked ever so calmly yet curiously as he eyed Clover from head to toe with an unreadable expression.

How I think Clover looks like ^

“Meet my cousin / Queen of the Land of Ice, Clover. Clover, meet Kai.” He nodded lightly before walking over to the oven to take out the 12-cup muffin pan with a mitten before placing it on a coaster on the dining table. Saying no words, he sat down at the table before taking 6 of the bacon cups for himself and chomping them down with a gleeful look on his face.

“How’s the food?” I questioned but he paid me no attention as he focused solely on the food before him. I’ll take it as a yes… “Okay get down from me, Clove.” I tugged her off quickly and firmly in one go, managing to pull her off when she had least expected it. That’s when her guards came running into the castle with worried looks, relaxing significantly when they spotted her out of harm's way.

“Hmph! You’re so not gentleman……” Her words dragged when she turned to make eye-contact with Kai who’s staring at her intensely. “I think I just died cause I’m seeing Adonis’s descendent.” She whispered out dreamily as she stared at Kai with longing looks.

Straightening her clothes and taming her blonde locks with her fingers quickly, she maintained her eye-contact with him, only to receive a cold glare from him which seems to make her flush a deeper shade of red rather than backing away. “W-What’s your name?” She questioned Kai softly, making him raise a brow at her before biting down on the banana that he had stabbed with a fork.

So she’s going to act all feminine and well-natured in front of him? That’s unusual. She never bothered to do so to other guys. She just digs her ear in front of them before flinging the dirt at their feet, chasing them away instantly.

“Kai.” He said in a deep and low voice, making her legs weak as she scrambled over to the table to take a seat opposite of him.

“Nice to meet you K-Kai. I’m Clover. Lucifer’s younger cousin.” She introduced herself as Kai just nodded slightly.

“I know. He just told me that.” He simply replied before sinking his teeth into his fourth bacon cup, causing Clover to slump a little at his cold attitude towards her.

I should really teach him how to treat a girl.

Number 1. Always say the opposite. Even if she’s ugly or boisterous, say that she’s gorgeous and graceful. Or else you may earn yourself a smack or get kneeled.

Number 2. Always let them have their way. There’s no arguing out your way in your conversation with woman. They always want to win.

Number 3. Never commit yourself to a woman if you’re not fully straight. You may not have a baby making machine after that if you try to break up with them.

Number 4. If possible, avoid them at all cost as some can be as clingy as a glue, violent and rough like a barbarian or sly like Orochimaru in Naruto. Never take risks. Trust me.

Well that’s about it.

“Oh. I… do you- never mind.” She fumbled over all her words but gave up in the end under Kai’s piercing gaze.

“Do I what?” He growled out irritatedly from her trying to strike up a conversation with him when he’s trying to eat peacefully.

“Eh?! Ah… do… do you like eggs?!” She questioned him quickly in panic yet cleverly when her eyes landed on the half empty muffin pan.

“I do.” He confesses truthfully before reaching out for his 7th. That’s more than enough eggs for the morning.

Stepping towards the table, I swiped his approaching hand away from the pan quickly before sending him a firm ‘no’ which he in return, gave me a glare.

“No more.” I gritted out through my clenched jaw which he gladly returned me with his own forceful words.

“They’re mine.”

“Let him eat what he wants, Lucy. How can you be so heartless and stop him from eating? Right, Kai?” This time, Kai nodded to her words eagerly before taking the swiped muffin pan from Clover’s hand and into his protective embrace.

“Thanks.” He genuinely thanked her before placing three of the cups on her plate and the rest on his own. Great… my breakfast is gone. At least he’s not into crepes. That’s comforting.

“Where’s my share?”

“I’m sacrificing myself to eat them for you. Don’t complain.” He sassed before escaping through the front doors with his plate in hand. Very funny… note the sarcasm.

“Since when did he join?”

“2 months or so ago. He wandered into my land unknowingly and got caught. Made him one of my head warriors.”

“Dammit. You’re one lucky person. I’ll make him my personal guard if he had stumbled onto my land. He’s hot. Unlike those two standing there shitless like headless chickens.” She groaned at the unfairness as she pointed at the two guards behind her who are watching her every move with fear and concern.

“He doesn’t open up easily I warn you.” For some reason, my heart hurts a little when she spoke of Kai so dreamily like she’s going to take him away from me.

“Guys that are hard to get, like the runaway model, reils me up. Not those who throw themselves onto me and shower me with sweet ass compliments when they’re actually trying to get close to me for money and status. Those guys are simply pathetic. Kai is just… ideal. Why don’t I give you one of my best warriors in exchange for him?”

“Never.” My words escaped my lips before I can even process my own words properly.

“Why not?” She pouted in discontentment before sinking her teeth into the bacon cups. Tsk. I thought that’s supposed to be my breakfast, not hers.

“He’s taken.”

“By?”

“Me-” Taken? What the hell was I saying? “My kingdom.” I replied in a firm tone, indicating that I’m not going to back down from my words.

“Hmph… fine. Then I’ll be back soon.” She huffed disappointedly before picking up her last bacon cup and walking out of my doors with her frantic guards chasing after her. “Bye Kai! I’ll see you soon!” She shouted loudly to a tree before disappearing down the mountains.

For some reason, I feel rejected. She said bye to Kai but not to me? I’m her cousin for crying out loud! But… why did she say bye to a tree?

Stepping out of the front doors, I looked out to find a tree house built right in the top of the largest and oldest tree as Kai sat at the seemingly flimsy platform without any fear or care to the world. One thing I fear most. Heights. He’s like 5 storeys up high!

“Um… don’t you wish to come down? It’s… dangerous.”

“I’m fine here. The scenery and wind up here is nice. Wanna see?” Hell no. I’ll pass. There’s no way I’m risking my life to climb up there just to feel some wind or see some scenery. I value my life more than nature wonders.

“I’ll pass… I… I have to cleanupthekitchen!”

“Suit youself. Scaredy cat.” He taunted but I chose not to listen or I’ll be throwing myself into a wild fire called heights.

“Don’t fall!”

“Yes yes. Oh and please wash up after you leave as you reek of bull-shit.” He sent me a playful grinned before disappearing into his little home.

That little… sigh… why the hell do I still tolerate with him despite him pissing the hell out of me? Sometimes I wonder if he understands what a King is. Cause he definetely does not treat me like one. But for some reason… this feels refreshing and exciting for a change.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 59.2K 36
Jason Williams didn't think going out to dinner with his family was going to be any different than usual. Comments about his sexuality, some teasing...
5.3M 174K 69
Black Moon Series Book #1 Warning: Mature content, graphic language, gay, polyamorous French food is my healthy pleasure. Sex is my stress-relief ple...
98.9K 1.9K 24
Dylan smashed his lips against mine. Slipping his tongue in, intertwining our tongues together. "Mmhm...ha...ha...s-stop" I said panting. He lifts my...
1.9M 68.3K 25
Honestly, this book is my very first bxb book so it sucks. I suggest yall read my 2nd or 3rd one instead of the same series which are much more well...