Without You

By AshlynPope

Aubrey Wilson has the heart of an angel. As the type of person to always trust in others, she's admirable to... More

Introduction
Prologue
Part 1 "Holy snickerdoodles"
Part 2 "Watch out for the devil."
Part 3 "5'0? No that can't be right, I'm 5'1"
Part 4 "Why the hell are you in school?"
Part 5 "What is wrong with me?"
Part 6 "Liam likes to think his shit doesn't stink"
Part 7 "Father, forgive Chris for he knows not what he does"
Part 8 "He was obviously just looking to frickle-frackle"
Part 9 "He is a very healthy human being"
Part 11 "Fuck it, this class doesn't give me any useful credits anyway"
Part 12 "You really don't know anything"
Part 13 "Why? Jealous?"
Part 14 "I could be a professional ninja if I wanted to"
Part 15 "I need a vomit bucket"
Part 16 "Just trust me"
Part 17 "Heartbreaking reality"
Part 18 "I'm going to beat his ass!"
Part 19 "Why is my pillow hugging me?"
Part 20 "That's my butt"
Part 21 "Sorry, I have to watch out for your cooties"
Part 22 "Does a detention go on my record?"
Part 23 "I'll call child protective services"
Part 24 "Pay attention to me"
Part 25 "You're gonna regret that"
Part 26 "Can we get a new waiter? This one sucks"
Part 27 "I don't want to talk to you"
Part 28 "How could he do such a thing?"
Part 29 "I'll never get it back"
Part 30 "Did you just call me a bratty little kid?"
Part 31 "Is he on crack?"
Part 32 "Wait, that sounded bad"
Part 33 "I'm not a violent person"
Part 34 "I'm much better at punching people than talking"
Part 35 "Suck it up buttercup"
Part 36 "Family Feud"
Part 37 "All you care about is yourself!"
Part 38 "The good feeling"
Part 39 "Something bad happened"
Part 40 "She was beautiful"
Part 41 "Losing"
Epilogue
Sequel Chapter 1 "Sometimes it's better to be selfish"
Sequel Chapter 2 "I'm selfish"
Sequel Chapter 3 "The Truth"
Sequel Chapter 4 "Heartbreak is an everyday occurrence"
Sequel Chapter 5 "Amen sister"
Sequel Chapter 6 "I'd do you too"
Sequel Chapter 7 "Another vomit bucket"
Sequel Chapter 8 "The sour to his Skittle"
Sequel Chapter 9 "A good bone"
Sequel Chapter 10 "My cuddle buddy"
Sequel Chapter 11 "You look panicked, sir"
Sequel Chapter 12 "Happy anniversary"
Sequel Chapter 13 "I promise to always feed you"
Sequel Chapter 14 "What the hell are you doing here?"
Sequel Chapter 15 "Blink if he's holding you against your will"
Sequel Chapter 16 "Sucks to suck"
Final Epilogue "Without You"

Part 10 "So what's it like having Luke Taylor as your baby daddy?"

492K 12.3K 32K
By AshlynPope

I woke up by myself Monday morning and I felt horrible. A pounding headache and bad cramps.

I slowly and painfully slid off my bed. I rolled over to my bathroom and turned on the shower.

"Wake- Aubrey?"

"In the bathroom" I groaned.

"What are you doing on the floor?" Mom says looking down at my sprawled out figure.

"I hurt don't feel good."

"There's Tylenol downstairs," Mom leaves and I stay in my same position.

"Can you get my glasses?" I ask sitting up.

"I guess," she sighs.

A few minutes later, I'm in the shower and washing my body. I can't really see since my glasses have water droplets on them but at least it is making my head feel a little better.

After ten more minutes I get out of the shower and put on my clothes.

I walk downstairs and eat a banana. I also make myself a cup of hot chocolate, maybe that'll help with the pain, and I hate coffee.

I feel like I'm being stabbed from the inside.

I drive to school and get there a little bit early. Once I arrive, I sit in my car with my head leaned back on the head rest.

I hear all the doors to my car and I jump almost managing to spill my hot chocolate all over myself.

"Hey boo-boo" Eli says from the backseat.

I mumble a hello and close my eyes.

"What's wrong Aubrey?" Izzy asks taking my hot chocolate and sitting in in a cup holder.

"Other than feeling like I've been ran over by a train, I would say nothing," I say putting down sun visor so the sun isn't in my eyes.

It doesn't work so I just put it back up and huff in annoyance.

"You were fine yesterday" Olivia says confusedly.

"Oh, Aunt Flo?" Izzy says sympathetically rubbing my shoulder.

"Oh holy heavens, my time to leave! Hope you feel better boo-boo" Eli chuckles and exits the car.

"We should probably go" I mumble taking my hot chocolate and getting out of the car.

_____________________

I sat in first block and as soon as the late bell rang, Luke came waltzing in.

His eyes caught mine and he smirked. I blushed and looked down. He took a seat behind me and a minute later I could hear his chair scooting forward.

"Are you okay?" Luke asks as he moves a curl off my shoulder, placing his arm around the back of my chair, sending me some of his body heat.

I turn my head and look right at him. His face was about six inches from mine and it made my cheeks tinge pink.

"Yeah, just a headache" I smile. I turn back around and I feel Luke playing with the ends of my hair.

That feels so good.

I lean my head back a little and let him continue what he's doing.

Every now and then, his hand would brush against my back and I'd have a mini heart attack.

He knew what he was doing to me too.

_____________________

"Alright guys, today, we are going to be handing out the babies. You will get your baby and you will spend the rest of class deciding which days each parent will have the baby." Mrs. Siding says once we sit down on the gym floor.

After calling out the names of most of the groups, Mrs. Siding finally called out Luke and I's name.

"Here is your baby child!" Mrs. Siding laughs at her self and she hands the baby to Luke.

Luke grabs the leg of the baby and he starts walking back to our seat.

"Luke!" I come up behind him, "You can't hold him like that!"

I take the baby and realize that he looks like a newborn. He is really small and even smaller compared to the size of Luke's arms.

I move the baby so that the baby's body is along Luke's forearm and its head is resting on his huge hand, all while I try and ignore looks gaze that is on me.

"Look!" I laugh, "He fits perfectly!"

Luke raises his eyebrow at me, almost causing me to swoon and we sit down in our spot.

"Aw look! Yours is so small!" Izzy says coming up beside me with her baby in her arms.

Her baby is huge. Definitely a lot bigger than ours.

"What did you name yall's baby?"

"Oh, we haven't really decided but her name is going to be Sierra" Izzy smiled.

"I did not agre-"

"This, is my partner! His name is Max, he's kind of a brat" She smiles.

"I can hear you Isabelle!! Max shouts.

"I told you not to call me Isabelle you slut!" She yells back.

And she said they naturally get along?

"Hi, you're Aubrey right?" Max asks ignoring Izzy as she glares at his head.

"Yes!" I smile.

"It's nice to meet you! A lot of people have been talking about you so it's nice to know what all the talk's about" He waves goodbye and walks away with Izzy right beside him.

Why are people talking about me?

"They all just can't get over how pretty you are," he shrugs nonchalantly.

I blush darkly and we begin talking about which days we want to have the baby.

"I have an away game Wednesday," Luke says.

"Okay, I can take him them," I smile and a light blush appears on my cheeks me his eyes travel along my body before returning to my eyes, a smirk on his face.

_____________________

I walk out the gym with West in my arms and I see every other person holding a baby. Thankfully, West is quiet unlike a lot of other babies.

"I'll take him for lunch" Luke grabs West.

"Okay" I reply and I watch as Luke gives me a wink and walks away with the baby in his hands.

I make it to the lunch table and I sit down and begin to eat.

"So what is it like having Luke Taylor as your baby daddy?" Olivia asks and I almost choke on my water. Olivia and Izzy just laugh at my red cheeks and I roll my eyes with a huff.

Throughout lunch, pretty much the only thing you could hear was baby cries and frustrated groans.

"Take this fuckin' thing from me," Luke rushes up beside my table and holds out a crying West.

I gently grab West from Luke and cradle him in my arms.

"Did you feed him?" I ask looking back up at Luke.

"Of course I didn't. You can't expect but so much," He throws his hands up and I giggle.

"My goodness," I shake my head at him.

I take out the bottle from my backpack and I start feeding West.

"Do you know how to feed a baby?" I ask Luke as he takes a seat beside me.

"Not exactly."

I hand the baby over to Luke and he holds West by the leg.

"What did I tell you about holding him like that?" I raise an eyebrow.

"No to," Luke looks at me with another smirk. I adjust West in Luke's arms and I can feel his gaze on me.

"Support his head doofus," I tell Luke when I notice West's head bending in an odd direction.

Luke fixes it and puts the bottle up to the baby's mouth.

Luke looks very unamused while feeding the baby. He's quite pitiful if you ask me.

I stand up and I can feel the Tylenol from this morning wearing off.

"I'll take West home tonight, just give me him in last period," I tell Luke and I start to walk out of the cafeteria.

I follow Izzy and Olivia out to the back of the school and I plop down.

"What's wrong?" I hear Izzy ask from beside me.

"The headache is coming back" I take off my glasses and rub my eyes.

"Here, I have some Ibuprofen," Olivia says and she holds out two dark tan pills.

I take them with a thank you and I swallow them down with my water.

"Aubrey," Izzy groans, "If Luke was looking at me like he looks at you, I would have jumped him."

I shake my head at her smirk and I take out my math homework and get a head start on it.

"Sometimes you are so boring" Izzy groans at me.

"Why? I'm not even doing anything."

"Exactly!"

"Well excuse me for not wanting to waste my entire night doing homework" I point out.

"You have a good point," Izzy mumbles like she was annoyed to admit it.

______________________________

Izzy walks into the science room after free period and I follow close behind her.

I made it to my desk and I took a seat.

"This child has cried four times since lunch," Luke whispers behind me.

"Well did you change his diaper?" I turn around to look at him.

"I have to change his diaper?"

"Yes" I smile. Bless his heart.

"Don't worry, the day's almost over. Then he's all mine to worry about." I reassure him.

By last block Luke is quite excited to hand over West. Me, on the other hand, I am not excited to have to be waking up in the middle of the night for a fake child.

"Hey boo-boo, hold this for me" Eli walks into class and tosses his baby over to me.

"Goodness!!" I exclaim quickly catching the flying baby while still trying to hold on to my own.

"Eli!!" I exclaim once again.

"What? He likes to be tossed. He hasn't even cried once because of it." Eli shrugs. I just shake my head and sit down in my seat. Still cradling two babies at once.

This is gonna be a long period.

____________________________

At the end of government, I say goodbye to Luke and Eli and they go to practice. I walk out of the class and Izzy and Olivia joins me.

"Hey, new girl!" A voice screeches from behind me. I turn around and become face to face with Ana.

"Why don't you stay away from Luke, okay? I don't need you meddling into my life any more than you already have."

"Pardon?" I question confused with the situation. I wasn't even aware I was doing anything.

"Pardon", she mocks in a strong southern accent.

"I love to just smack that stupid pretty look off your face!" She suddenly yells and storms away.

I turn towards Izzy and Olivia with widened, confused eyes.

"What did I do to her?" I question them.

"She's just a jealous little shit" Izzy rolls her eyes. I give her a look and she gives a sarcastic smile.

Devil child.

"I'll see ya'll tomorrow!" I wave goodbye to the two girls and climb into my car. I sit little West in the passenger seat and buckle him up to the best of my ability.

Once I get home, I walk inside and fall straight onto the couch. I pick up West and I look at his semi-closed brown eyes. They were really dull and just...bleh. I guess that's only because it's a robot thankfully.

*Three hours later*

"And you know what gets on my nerves? When people are rude for no reason! One time, there was this family that had just moved from New York down to Camp Lejeune and I found out that they had a daughter around my age. So, me being me, I went to introduce myself and to be nice. She was the rudest person I had ever met and I did absolutely nothing to her!" I ranted to West.

The robotic child who doesn't even have a real butt.

Soon after finishing my rants, I made a quick chicken dinner and ate it in the peace and quiet. Well, until West decided to start screaming his head off.

"No, no, no! West!" I got up from my seat at the kitchen table and I picked up West. He wasn't hungry because I fed him right before I ate so his diaper must need to be changed.

I quickly changed his diaper, thankful the baby doesn't actually poop, and I soon finished dinner.

I decided to take my shower early today since I would have to be feeding West at the regular time I take one.

I got in the shower and about ten minutes into it, I hear a loud cry from outside the bathroom door.

"West!! You couldn't wait ten more minutes?" I groan while wrapping a towel around me. I walk out into my bedroom and he is just screaming.

I pick him up, still in my towel, and I try to figure out what's wrong. I just fed him, I just changed him, what is the flippin' issue?

I decided to just hold him since I couldn't figure anything out and about five minutes later he was asleep.

Thank you, Lord.

I finished my shower, changed into leggings and dads sweatshirt, then I sat down on my bed. I began to do homework and thankfully since it wasn't a lot, I finished quite early.

I then went on Netflix and turned on my favorite show, The Office. I picked up West and cuddled him into my arms.

He just looked so lonely sitting at the end of my bed.

Ping!

I looked down at my phone and I read the text that Kelsey just sent.

Kels: I'm face timing u betch :)

A second later my phone rings again and I accept the face time call.

"Hey, Kels!"

"Hey, girl! What is that child do-" She suddenly gasps, "Do you have something to tell me!?"

"It's just for a project at school Kelsey" I giggle.

"Whew, I was about to drive my butt all the way up there!"

"I wish you would," I say getting sad.

"Hey, hey, hey, I know you miss me, I'll come and visit soon okay?"

"Okay," I smile.

"Anyways, so do you have a partner for this project or what?"

"Yeah I do, it's one of those like "Parenthood preparedness" projects or something" I try to remember what Mrs. Siding said.

"Oh, I see. Who's your partner?" She wiggles her eyebrows and I chuckle at her weirdness.

"His name is Luke" I smile.

"Oooh is he cute?" She smiles flirtatiously.

"Why do you always ask that?" I shake my head at her.

"Well because I'm looking for a mans" she laughs.

"Yes, he-he's actually really cute." I blush at the thought of him.

"Oh my gosh, you're blushing!" She giggles.

"What? me? Never!" I cover my cheeks.

"What's his full name, I need to do some research"

"Kelsey!"

"What? I need to know who my best friend gets hot and bothered by" She shrugs nonchalantly.

"I can't believe we're having this conversation."

"Yeah okay, what's his full name!"

"All I know is Luke Taylor" I shrug.

"Tell me more about him."

"Um, he is tall, like really tall. He plays football, the quarterback actually. He's really good."

"Oh wow, that's hot" Kelsey smiles. I just shake my head and yawn.

"Well, I'm gonna get goin' Kels, I'm tired. I'll talk to you soon!"

"Bye bit-"

I hang up the face time and take out Wests bottle. I feed him and by 10:45 I'm done praying and I get back up in the bed. I hold West and begin to drift off.

Right before I drift off, I catch a big whiff of dads sweatshirt and I begin to cry.

I guess tonight will be a long night.

____________________________

|
|
|
|
|
| Sorry it took a while to update!

Thanks for reading!

Word count: 2575

-Ashlyn M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 45.5K 37
The rewritten version is on my account: Accidental Roommate (NEW). You can read this version but, just be warned, it is the 1st draft. Expect plothol...
79.1K 2.1K 51
Getting broken up with was one thing Aliana Haven was used to. Her first years of High School mostly consisted of heartbreaking break-ups. But on top...
338K 12.3K 35
Penelope "Dot" Frost; Independent, vicious, vexatious, angry, stoic, quick-witted, smart-mouthed, lonely, and as some would suggest, insane. Everythi...
1.1M 27.1K 50
Arianna has never had a normal life. Her mom died when she was 10 and her father blames her. Ever since the day her mom died her dad has abused her m...