Clarity || John Murphy

De Breathe_Me

***I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS 13 PEOPLE, IT IS COMPLETELY UNEDITED AND SUCKS. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED*** After Jo... Mais

Preview/Copyright Statement
OTHER INFO - You will understand the story better if you read this!
Chapter One - The Lake, The Mist, and The Girl
Chapter Two - You Found Me
Chapter Three - The Colonies
Chapter Four - Training
Chapter Five - Prevention
Chapter Six - Let It Burn
Chapter Seven - 'Stupidity'
Chapter Eight - What did he do?
Chapter Nine - 'Leader' Jackson
Chapter Ten - The Bet
Chapter Eleven - Chills
Chapter Twelve - Bloody Axe
Chapter Thirteen - Missing
Chapter Fourteen - Bullet Holes
Chapter Fifteen - New Beginnings
Chapter Sixteen - Hostage
Chapter Seventeen - Confliction
Chapter Eighteen - Dreamers
Chapter Nineteen - Liar Liar
Chapter Twenty-One - "What do you want from me?"
Chapter Twenty-Two - Confrontations
Chapter Twenty-Three - Decisions
Chapter Twenty-Four - Perfection
Chapter Twenty-Five - Finding & Reflecting
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cold Welcoming
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Taking The Risk
Chapter Twenty-Eight - Promise Me
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Breakdown
Chapter Thirty - Maps
Chapter Thirty-One - MECCA
Chapter Thirty-Two - Dear Mr. President
Chapter Thirty-Three - Back To Earth
Author's Note
THANK YOOOOOOOU!
Chapter Thirty-Four - Count Your Blessings
Chapter Thirty-Five - The Peacemaker
Chapter Thirty-Six - Confessions Of An Astro
Chapter Thirty-Seven - Desperate Measures
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Epilogue
Author's Note: Everything Else
10,000
Anyone like The Originals?
Skyfall (LAST UPDATE I PROMISE)

Chapter Twenty - Wrecking Ball

2.3K 66 16
De Breathe_Me

HAIIIIIIIIIII. :3 So. Open Office is pure evil, and kind of deleted this chapter before I could post it, so I had to rewrite the entire thing. BUT, I'm actually kind of happy I did because I feel like it's a lot better now. :)

The chapter is named "Wrecking Ball" after the song that I linked it to, and you'll find out why I did that near the end of the chapter.

The goal for this chapter is the same as always, 15 reads and 1 vote. ^.^

ALSO. You will notice that I have changed up the cast a little bit. :P Let's just say that I have a recent addiction to literally watching every single episode of Teen Wolf back again, and I kind of imagined a lot of the characters looking like my characters. SO. Eve is played by Adelaide Kane (Teen Wolf: Cora Hale), Jack is played by Tyler Hoechlin (Teen Wolf: Derek Hale), James is played by Dylan O'Brien (Teen Wolf: Stiles Stilinski), Adam is played by Tyler Posey (Teen Wolf: Scott McCall), and Jane is played by Holland Roden (Teen Wolf: Lydia Martin). For anyone that hasn't watched the show, it is AMAZING. You can watch it on megashare.to, movie.4k.to, or download the torrents with kickass.to or piratesbay. :3

OH. AND BY THE WAY. Happy Early Father's Day to everyone. (It's literally less than an hour til midnight for me, so it'll be Father's Day really soon. xD In exactly 31 minutes, actually.)

BAI. AND ENJOY.

________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 20

Eve stood silently at the doorway, leaning on the frame and watching her brother with a hint of amusement in her eyes. "Having fun?" She laughed.

He had been packing his things into a black duffel bag, and had stopped to stare at his gun with complete and utter admiration. He really loved that thing.

He jumped. "Jesus ch- Warn me next time!" He started out yelling, but had begun to laugh by the end of the sentence.

She giggled, then walked over to him. "So when are we leaving?"

"In the next hour or so, but... I..." He seemed to rethink what he was about to say, then sighed lightly and bit his lip.

"What? What's wrong?" She asked worriedly. 

"No, no... Nothing's wrong... It's just... I have to show you something." He finally said, walking away from her and to his closet. He reached into the small space, pulling a box out from behind the wall. It seemed large, nearly bigger than he could handle. He kicked the door shut behind him, and walked over to the bed. 

Once he set it down on the bed, he dragged a small knife against the tape that held the flaps down. He was going extremely slow, and seemed to be trying to be very delicate. It was like whatever was in the box was the most important and fragile thing in the world. 

He moved the flaps out of the way and reached into it. He pulled out a long item, and it took her a moment to realize that it was a bow. He laid it on her lap, and she smiled a little. 

It was beautiful. It was made with swirled engravings above and below the grip, and it had dark brown wood, nearly black. She trailed her fingers over the engravings, and realized that they covered the entire bow. It looked like someone had dedicated their entire lives to decorating the bow itself, maybe a few years alone.

Next was a long cylindrical case, and he popped open the top of it. He tilted it onto the bed, and about ten different arrows poured out of it. They were all made from the same wood as the bow. The arrowheads were as black as the midnight sky. The ends were black as well. To be honest, the items were the strongest, yet most beautiful arrows and bow she had ever seen. 

"They were mom's," He said, smiling softly at her. "She would have wanted you to have them."

Eve's lips parted, and she furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "I don't remember her ever using them."

"I know. She used them the most before she met Jackson, then he forced her to stop using weapons all together. It was likely because he felt nervous that she was better with weapons than he was." Jack chuckled.

Eve sighed. "Honestly, I don't think I could hate that man more than I do now."

Jack nodded. "I know the feeling." He quickly changed the subject. "Well, anyway... She told me that she made the bow and arrows out of one of the few trees that withstood the bombs. It's some of the strongest wood in the world." 

She nodded, smiling softly. "Just like her... Being able to stand tall and strong when everything else was in chaos." She bit her lip, feeling her eyes get slightly moist. 

Jack paused for a moment, then reached into the box again and pulled out a bundled item. She realized that it was a jacket, specifically a black leather jacket. He draped it over her shoulders, and smiled softly at her. "I think you should wear this today. Mom would have wanted you to."

Eve pulled the sleeves around her, and it nearly felt like the jacket was hugging her. In fact, it felt like her mother was there with her, holding her in her arms.

Jack slowly stood up after that. "We'll leave in around an hour or so. I'll meet you at the training ground. " He said, quickly exiting the room.

Eve bit her lip, glancing out the window once he was gone. She had someone she needed to see first.

*

Murphy jumped up onto the back of the truck, silently pointing and simultaneously counting the survival packs that they had. 27. There were 7 extra packs for the trip.

Murphy jumped down and off the truck, right when Adam and Carson climbed into it. "We're good here!" He yelled, walking over to Jack, who had been speaking to one of the head guards.

The guard did a quick nod and was already walking away from Murphy got there. "So what's the plan?"

Jack glanced at him, before looking back down at his hands. Murphy realized that he had been holding a small sheathed knife in it, the knife covered in the tight leather container with strange designs sewed into it. "Well, first of all, we have to drive as far as we can. At least, as far as the paths will take us. Then, we'll try to reach the river, and if it's dark by then, we'll camp out there. "

"What will we do in the morning?"

"We'll try to reach the area where the bomb was, and try to inspect it enough so that we'll be able to find out if it was a bomb from one of the colonies. If we don't reach it by then, we'll camp out again."

Murphy bit his lip a little. 

Jack smiled. "Murphy, it's fine. It's only for one night."

Murphy sighed softly. "A lot can happen in one night."

Jack didn't say anything for a moment, then quickly changed the subject. "If we find what we're looking for, then we'll know exactly what we're dealing with."

Murphy tilted his head a little, furrowing his eyebrows. "What exactly are you looking for?"

Jack looked at him with an eyebrow raised, then sighed and reached into his pocket, stuffing the knife into his belt with his other hand. He pulled out a small vial with a black dust-like substance. 

Murphy's eyebrows furrowed. He reached up and grabbed the vial, staring into it. "Is that-"

"Gunpowder?" Jack said, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, it is."

Murphy glanced up at him before staring at the vial again. "Why?"

"The gunpowder that we don't use, in other words any on the ark or any hidden in the underground cellars that were left behind aren't as strong as the types we use here. The kinds in the colonies are stronger, newer, more advanced. Improved, in a way. The other types are almost broken down, and just look generally older. If we find any trace of that type of gunpowder, we automatically know that it was someone from the ark."

"Why not a grounder?"

"Because the grounders aren't smart enough to use guns, that and they don't even have any guns. If it was someone from the colonies, they would be smart enough to steal gunpowder from the armouries." He stared at Murphy. "That only leaves room for another group of people. Yours." He said, taking the vial from Murphy's hand and putting it back in his pocket. He glanced up before putting a small smile on his face. "There she is."

Murphy looked in the direction that Jack was staring at, and his lips parted slightly. There she was, walking down the pathway with her head held high and a stone cold look on her face. She was clad in a dark blue tank top, with a leather jacket covering it, and black jeans with a leather belt made to hold multiple knives and guns. 

He felt the urge to run up to her and ask her why she had just come out of Octavia's house, but quickly thought better of it. One thing that he was sure of was that he had the urge to do a lot more than just ask her a question. He wanted to hug her, to kiss her, to tell her everything was okay because by the look on her face, she had been through hell and back in the past few days. In truth, she had been.

Eve, in the past week, had nearly been killed by her own father, watched him get killed, burned him, found a kidnapped girl, saved her, almost took a nasty fall down a hole which likely would have killed her, and found out that she couldn't trust one of the people who cared about her the most. Frankly, now that Eve was getting so close with Octavia, he had no idea what else she had found out by then.

He couldn't keep his eyes off of her. He couldn't think of any other words to describe her but beautiful and-

"Badass, isn't she?" Hannah said from beside him, and causing Murphy to jump, as he hadn't seen her before.

Murphy exhaled a little, then nodded. "Yeah, she is. She's definitely good with a bow and arrow, that's for sure."

Hannah smirked. "By the way, if she's ever mad and has a bow and arrow, I would suggest not moving." She chuckled, crossing her arms over her chest.

He raised an eyebrow. "And why's that?"

She smiled. "Because, strangely enough, she's never missed a moving target."

*

Jack was leading the group, holding his machine gun tightly in his hands. Murphy was right behind him, watching silently. 

He had felt his heart beat quicken the second they had driven out of the colony, and he realized that with the grounders out there, he suddenly didn't feel the least bit safe. But, he also found himself nearly constantly looking back at Eve, who was walking behind the others with Jay and Hannah. He had just about convinced himself that he was more worried about her well-being than he had ever been about his. She glanced up at him, and he quickly turned away.

"You need to tell her." Jack said from beside him, still staring ahead of him. 

"What?"

Jack sighed. "Murphy, do you remember what I said the night of the bonfire?"

Murphy slowly nodded. "Yeah... People don't build walls to keep others out, they build them to see who cares enough to bring them down."

Jack nodded. "She hasn't opened up to anyone other than myself, Jay, and Hannah. She hasn't had any friends other than us. She hasn't been around anyone other than us. Then, you came along."

Murphy stopped, staring at him with a saddened look on his face. "What do you want me to do? She hates me now."

"No, she doesn't. And what I want you to do is to break down those walls, and make her let you in. I don't care if you have to find a damn wrecking ball to do it!" 

He was now speaking as loud as he could to Murphy without being heard by the others.

He stared down at him. "And don't tell me that she hates you because once she cares about a person, there's no stopping her." 

He paused. "When you first came here, I could tell that you were a strong person. You weren't afraid to speak your mind, and do what you wanted, or what you felt was necessary. It's obvious that you have the exact same feelings for each other..."

He stared Murphy in the eyes.

"So why the hell aren't you doing something about it already?"

________________________________________________________________________________

Once again, Jack is trying to be matchmaker. And he is damn good at it. ;) 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

47.3K 1.3K 16
**This is a Sequel to my book Clarke of The Grounders.** With Lexas' last breath, she picked Clarke to be the next Commander. Lexa was buried and Cla...
623K 18.5K 40
Venus Bartone is one of the 100, the people that were put into the skybox because they were too young to be executed. She was put there because her k...
48 0 7
A boy struggles to find his place among the small amount of people left, after the explosion. The explosion of the planet, that is. Earth day? Who ca...
651K 21.7K 34
❝You don't get to give up, you hear me? You fight and you don't stop until you're dead. Giving up is how the weak admit defeat... are you weak?❞ The...