Being With You

By FroggyWrite

Can two different world collide peacefully? All rights reserved to me as the original author. More

Part 1
Part 2

Part 3

5 0 0
By FroggyWrite

They sat together in the morning for breakfast. Fortunately, it was the weekend so Maya doesn't have to go to work. She cooked herself and Laysa their breakfast. They sat and eat in silence before Maya's phone lights up. She took a glance and then mute the call.

Laysa raised her sculpted eyebrows in question. Silently asking her why won't she pick up the call. Maya just shrugged it off.

When the phone lights up again, Laysa took a peek at the caller ID and saw Carol is calling her Maya. Her jealousy is at its peak again.

"Why won't you pick up? Your sweetheart is calling you." Laysa smirked. Maya could detect the sarcasm underneath Laysa's tone. She has known this girl since they were 16 years old anyway. They were officially together when they were 18. Yes. They are of the same age. Typical story. Same high school. But, they aren't friends. More like nemesis. 

Laysa is the typical beautiful and popular high school girl with a lot of boys and girls were chasing after her. Not that any difference now anyway. Whilst Maya... She doesn't like the attention illuminated on her. She was just a normal high school student with a striking facade that people choose not to forget. Perhaps they just couldn't forget her tanned skin and soft brown eyes that willing to help anyone in trouble. Especially that trouble is Laysa. 

Long story short, one of the troubled people that came to meet with Maya is the Queen herself, Laysa. She was just perplexed with all the things she felt inside. Why does she have to be attracted to a girl? Worst of all. Her own enemy. But, she refused to tell Maya who it was. Laysa watched Maya with her girlfriends. She counted them as three before her. She hated all of them. Until she, herself became Maya's ex-girlfriend. Laysa thought, she couldn't keep her promise after all. 

"I don't feel like picking up." Maya smiled. Laysa knew it was a fake one. She has seen those smiles from they were 13. She used to watch Maya from then. Wondering how Maya could be so tough and strong with all the kids cursing and tried to bully her. Keyword - tried. Maya always bounced back. That's why Laysa admired her. She knew... Between Maya and her, she couldn't move on from their relationship, but, Maya... Maya could. 

"I've got an offer." Laysa blurted causing Maya to lift her head from her meal and stared at her questioning. "It's... you know? Those superheroes movies."

"Okay...?" Maya furrowed her eyebrows confusingly.

"I don't know if I should take it. You know how I am. I just... I don't know what to do. You always there to help me decide which one is the best for me. Now... you're... just..."

"What?"

"Gone." Maya could detect the despair underneath Laysa's tone. 

"You know... I'm always here." Laysa just stared at her. More like didn't believe that Maya would want to give her another chance after what she had done. "As a friend, Laysa."

Guess Maya knew all along what the fuck is inside Laysa's mind after all. Laysa just smiled. She doesn't know what else to answer. She wants those lips on her now. But, she knew... If she did, Maya won't see her... Ever again. And she needs her soulmate. If she can't be with her, at least, she could as her friend. She used to be Maya's friend. She could do it again. 

"What's the other one?" Maya probed.

"The typical romance movie."

"Choose the superheroes. I'm sure once you are in. You will get 2 or 3 more movies lined up just for that franchise."

"But, I have to move," Laysa muttered. Maya gawked at her - waiting for Laysa's next word. "If I stay here, I have to travel by plane almost every day for the shooting which is in Europe. You know how tired I'll be. It takes more than a year for the shooting of this film. They targeted a box-office throughout the worldwide. So, they want full commitment from the cast."

"Oh." Was all Maya could say. Why does she feel ... something? She promised herself, she shouldn't be bothered by anything that in relation to Laysa.

"And... like you've said. 2 or 3 must be in the way - it's foreseeable. Might as well I move there for real."

"Just do what's best for you."

"What about you?"

"What about me?" Maya asked bewildered. She dropped her cutlery to the side and stared at Laysa, giving her undivided attention.

"Come with me."

"Pardon me?"

"We'll find a nice place. Just for us. Then, we'll find a job for you there. You know there's a lot of opportunity for you down there as well as here. We could-"

"Hold on, Lay. I'm not going. We've broken up. You are in my apartment after three months I walked out of that ice cream shop. Have you tried calling me? Or even texting me?" Maya asked. Before Laysa could answer, Maya interjected, "No! Your pride got the best of you. Lay... If you love me, just let me go."

"Why are you insisting for us to break up? We are fine. We've been doing this for 5 years, Aya! Even before the press knew about us. Even before I become what I am, because of you! We could-"

"Don't you dare say another word, Lay! I told you, Lay... I can't do this anymore! It's been 2 years-"

"Of fucking what, Aya?!" By now, both of them shouted to each other. Peaceful breakfast seems long gone from the breakfast Maya have thought yesterday.

"Have you lost your mind?"

"What?"

"You are barely here, Lay. What about those gossip news? You with that bitch? You went to the club with her whilst I am here fucking waiting for you. What else is there left for us, Lay?"

"You know those gossips are just to cause publicity. The press even knew that we are in fact together, Aya-"

"I fucking told you to stop calling me that!"

"Why?!"

"It's fucking irritating!"

"It wasn't before this."

"That was when we were in love. When I was hopelessly in love with you. Now, you mean nothing to me! I don't even feel the slightest love for you!"

Laysa stared at Maya in horror. She hung her head low whilst biting her lower lips trying to stop herself from crying. She brought her plate of meal to the sink and washed it.

"Lay..." She heard Maya calls. "I didn't mean it... I-"

She surpressed her tears from falling. Though, Maya could see right through her how hard it is for Laysa to keep herself from not crying, "It's okay, babe. I understand. I know I do bad numbers on you. I wish you could just forgive me."

"Lay... We've come here for you. For your dreams. I've been here for and with you since we left highschool. I've been putting you as my utmost priority since we come here. I've been delaying that university offer since forever, Lay." Maya took her steps to Laysa who still facing the sink. She stopped exactly behind Laysa. She hugged her tightly from behind.

"Let me try this, Lay. For me. For myself. I can't be your shadow all my life. I have dreams too, Lay."

"I understand," Laysa uttered and she could feel her tears drop slowly.

"I can't do us anymore. It's hurting me. For 3 months, I feel alive and free - alone. Love isn't supposed to make you feel that when you are alone. You know me, Lay. I can't cheat on someone I love so fucking much. And, I loved you so much."

"Loved." Laysa parroted as if she still couldn't believe that Maya has stop loving her.

"Lay, you hurt me. I can't do us anymore. Just let me go."

"I can't let you go, Maya." Laysa turned and cried facing Maya. She just realised how bad it is for Maya too. Maya was crying her heart out. This - the break up - was hurting Maya too. She wasn't alone feeling all of this shit.

"Baby... Please," Maya swallowed hard. Hoping that her voice could be heard by the love of her life - used to be. "Please understand that this is hard for me too. Let me try doing this for me. I have my own dreams too. I am 23 years old. I have nothing to be proud of. But you... Look at you."

Laysa stared at Maya patiently, waiting for her next words.

"You are the rising super celebrity that men and women would die for just to be with you. I am nothing compared to you-"

"I don't care-" Laysa interjected.

"I do! I very much do. I have waited for you for 5 years, Lay. Now it's my turn. I've told you. I need this - for me!"

"I'll wait for you. Just don't leave me, Maya. I... I can't."

"Laysa Marco, we need to move on. We have known each other for so long. You have know me and only me, Laysa. You need to know more from other people too. Besides, I can't do this with you anymore, Lay. I can't wait for you for another year or so. I want to be loved too-"

"I love you!"

"I know, baby. I know. But, let me ask you these - have you ever kissed me like you used to? Have we ever made love when you return from wherever you're from? Have you ever made a simple gesture just to make me feel loved?"

"Aya-"

"I feel worthless, Laysa. And love shouldn't make someone feel as such."

Suddenly, a phone rings. Both of them knew, it was time.

Time to move on.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

862K 71.9K 34
"Excuse me!! How dare you to talk to me like this?? Do you know who I am?" He roared at Vanika in loud voice pointing his index finger towards her. "...
4.1M 170K 63
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally โฃ๏ธ Cover credit...
281K 32.3K 81
#Book-2 of Hidden Marriage Series. ๐Ÿ”ฅโค๏ธ This book is the continuation/sequel of the first book "Hidden Marriage - Amazing Husband." If you guys have...