Can Dreams Come True?

By itssubu

what happens when your life suddenly takes a wrong turn ? what happens when you find out the people you love... More

Hello !
Not Again !
My Family
Let's Celebrate
The one with Negativity
Blurry days
Moved on
Old is Gold
Welcome to Capital
Dancing ,Puking and confessing
Good things
It's a Yes!
Something New
The Storm
Stranger
Bitter sweet good bye

Rays of sunshine

56 2 0
By itssubu

I am sorry Aarushi this won't happen again. I know I crossed the line but uumm I don't know there is no excuse for what I did. NO NO NO NO NO NO she is my friend not my teacher. Uggghh what am I supposed to do?. I banged my head on the mirror and let a frustrated groan. 

I was standing in front of mirror practicing on how to apologize to my best friend. This is so stupid she will understand, after all she is my best friend.

But this time Trisha you messed up BIG. Okay I need to get through this. I took a deep breath and continued. Aarushi I am really sorry I shouldn't have said that I.....

"Trisha you don't need to do this"

I was startled by the voice. I turned around to see Aarushi smiling standing near the door frame. I went towards her and hugged her tight.

"I am really sorry Aarushi I am sorry" she held me by my arms and said

"No stupid, remember no sorry in friendship. I can understand"

"But this time it was big mistake. I really crossed a line. If it was not Aditya, I don't know what more awful things I would have said."

"I can understand what you are going through. I went through it but you don't have to do it alone. we are there for you. You got to promise me that whatever bad happens in your life even worst you won't shut me out shut us out okay just promise me"

"Yes, I promise you it will never happen again. I swear on our friendship" we hugged. Aarushi was crying and I wanted to cry too but not a single tear was out.

"uumm Trisha if you want to talk about anything I am here" she said while wiping her tears I wanted to tell her about my emotions but today was not a day. 

"No not today it's your birthday lets bake a cake "with that I grabbed her hand and went to kitchen.

It was evening and as much as I wanted to crawl into my bed, I didn't want Aarushi to feel bad. She had forgiven me for what I have said and this the least I could do to her.

It was just us three. Me, Aarushi and Aditya like the old times. We were on the dining table eating the delicious food made by us mostly by Aarushi but I helped her so it counts, while watching F.R.I.E.N.D.S. I thought Aarushi would invite Rahul but I don't think so she did and I didn't want to give her benefit of doubt so I decided to be quiet. But as if she had read my mind, she said

"I had invited Rahul too but he said he had some work to do so he didn't come"

"okay" like I said don't want to give benefit of doubt.

"seems like someone is upset" that was Aditya. He was smirking at me

"why would I be upset. I am glad it just us three like the good old times" I said without looking at him.

I bet he murmured something under his breathe, but I couldn't quite get it. It's not like that I like him or something I mean I like him but not like him if that even make sense. Chuck it concentrate on food Trisha. My inner voice said. We finished our dinner and where sitting on sofa watching T.V. Those two love birds where getting comfy and I didn't want to be third wheel it was not like I was the third wheel before but I just wanted to go to my room and this was the good excuse.

I am craving for ice-cream" Aditya said while pouting.

I checked the time it was 10 pm "I will get it!! Ice-creams on me" I said getting up and heading towards the door

"Trisha no wait I will get it" Aditya said with concern in his Voice.

"No its okay. I am okay beside you both need some time alone" I winked at them. "just don't do anything stupid on my couch" I said and shut the door behind me.

The night air was chill. I hugged myself and started to walk. It felt good more refreshing. I should come out more often. I need to move on with my life. Today was not a bad day after all. I reached the ice-cream corner took the parcel and was heading home. While heading back I heard some sound something familiar.

*Flash*

I  saw the flash maybe it was some car or something. I turned to look back, no one was there. I started to walk as fast as I could. I have heard that sound before but where ? ooh yes right the night at the party. What now is someone one following me? Why would someone follow me? I am not famous. I don't even have an ex stalker.

*Flash*

What if he is some psychopath who first chases the girl then murder them. What! Trisha no stop watching horror movies. I turned back to see again, but no one was behind. I decided to take a shortcut to my home but as soon as I entered that small lane I regretted it. It was dark. There was no street light and it was pin drop silence. I heard some footsteps. Ooh God please don't let me die please. Run Trisha run my inner voice said.

As I was running and couldn't exactly see where I was going, I tripped. Before I could fall hard on the ground I heard noice "Owwph!" I think that's the killer and now he is going to kill me.

"PLEASE DON'T KILL ME PLEASE TAKE ALL YOU WANT BUT PLEASE DON'T KILL ME "

"TRISHA TRISHA ARE YOU OKAY LOOK AT ME WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE? TRISHA"

What the killer know my name. He is really a stalker. "PLEASE PLEASE"

"TRISHA ITS ME RAHUL LOOK AT ME"

Rahul! what now? I looked at him yes it was Rahul. I was sitting in the middle of the road, ice-cream was splattered on the road. Rahul was kneeling beside me with concern look on his face. Thank God!!! I got up and hugged him. My heart was pounding so fast I bet he could hear it too.

"Thank God you are here. I think I was being followed and I couldn't see anything so I bumped into you I am really sorry but really, I couldn't see there was someone......

"hey hey it's okay stop I am here. You said someone was following you? Wait here let me look if someone is here"

Before he could go, I grabbed his hand "don't! not now let's go home " I prefer going home then staying here and waiting for psycho killer to show up.

"But what are you doing here Aarushi told me you had some work at office?"

"yes, I did but I managed to finish up early and it would have been rude if I had not wished her on her special day. Beside I would have got a chance to meet you"

Okay now this is awkward why the hell I am blushing. Okay stop it Trisha stop blushing it's not like that. Don't think about it. don't!

"Trisha you okay?" Rahul said by tapping my hand

"yeah yeah I am okay it's just nothing you were saying?"

"Are you okay? I mean after what all happened, I am really sorry. we didn't get a chance to talk after that. Well uumm I called you but you wouldn't pick up so I called Aarushi she said you are okay but you wouldn't talk so I was just worried about you "

"Rahul it's okay I am okay and umm I really don't want to talk about it not right now. I am sorry that I ignored you I just wanted to be alone. I appreciate your concern thank you. Also thank you for today if it was not you, I don't know what would have happen."

"Hey don't mention it, what are friends for? But do you know who was there? I mean did you saw someone?"

"No, but actually I heard some noises like rattling and saw some flash light. I thought it was some old car or something. So, I decided to take a shortcut and then I regretted it because it was so dark. Then I thought if I could run, I will be alive. After that I heard some footsteps and thought that its the serial killer or something and then I bumped into you and I thought you were that person but thank god it was not"

He  stopped in his tracks and looked at me with concern and fear on his face.

" No need to worry now. I am safe really. All thanx to you." I said to him with soft smile.

We reached near my building. My apartment was on 5th floor so we waited for the lift. When suddenly Rahul said

" I have an idea "

His face was all lightened up and before I could say anything he continued " what if we race? Whoever reaches first will get to tell the story "

WHAT!! as if I haven't run enough for the day. About the story part I was going to let him tell the story because I was too tired to speak. But I didn't want to break his heart and not wanted to replace the childish grin with frown so I agreed with him.

"OKAY I AM IN LET'S GO!!"

We started running like 10-year-old kids. I was really tired though but this was fun I haven't had fun like this since months. we passed the 2nd floor we were going on 3rd. Rahul was ahead of me I was trying to keep up with him and in that process, I tripped and fell down twisting my right foot. Yeah two times in one-night way to go girl.

"Oh my God are you okay? "He face palmed himself and came running towards me

"yes, yes I am. My foot I think it got twisted"

"Hold my hand. Can you stand up? I am so sorry I shouldn't have come up with that stupid idea"

 I took his hand and tried to stand up, I put left hand on his shoulder and he put his right hand on my waist. If it was any other day or any other situation, I would have blushed but now I was wincing. It was hurting like hell.

"No, its okay it's not your fault I am little clumsy. I think we should take a lift "

We reached my apartment. Rahul pressed the door bell and I could hear Aditya shouting from inside 'IF ONE MORE MINUTE AND I SWEAR I WAS CALLING COPS' he then opened the door and his annoying expression changed to concern one by looking at us.

"We left you alone for 30 minutes and you got injured and drag this poor fellow home wow!" Aditya said in sarcastic tone

"I am fine thank you for asking. Now if we could come inside?" I said annoyingly

"OH MY GOD Trisha what the hell how did this happen? Are you okay? Rahul are you okay?"

Aarushi came running towards us and then took my left hand from Rahul and led me towards the couch. She helped me to sit and adjusted  pillows under my twisted leg. It was still hurting like hell "now tell me what happen?" she demanded.

I looked at Rahul "what!! go ahead you won"

He took a seat beside me and narrated the whole story to Aditya and Aarushi. About me being followed and how I end up twisting my foot. Both of them had same expression. Expression of fear and concern. Aarushi sat on my right side and stroke my hairs.

"Tomorrow we are filling a complaint that's it." Aarushi said. She got up and went to the kitchen and brought a hot water bag. Then she helped me to get to my room and to my bed. She was sitting near foot of the bed with hot water bag. My head was getting heavy from all the running and the little night adventure. At last I drifted to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 178 35
You see this girl in your school, in the streets, in the neighborhood, skinny, wearing glasses, altogether not a pretty sight. you see her, you laugh...
78.3K 4.3K 25
Two Childhood Best friends. Aisha and Divya had not thought that within two months of their graduation, they would come across a death. Their overthi...
577 42 31
Sometimes, life can surprise you. Even if it takes longer than you thought. For Ayesha, life was a series of calculations and logical choices. She ha...
1.8K 101 21
A girl shifted to the new city with high hopes. Made friends for life. She falls in love, but she didn't know that her love story had a short life. S...