Dark Mates

kky_claud által

Rosea isn't the silly naive girl named Rosemarie Smith anymore. She doesn't - or at least she claims - have a... Több

Prologue
1: Rosea
2: Fealty
3: Team
4: Makeover
6: Déjà Vu
7: A Murderer
8: Summer Rain
9: Befriending her
10: Spilt Blood
11: Monster
12: Omen of Death
13: Envy Green
14: Easy
15: Bloody White Dress
16: A Rose by any Other Name
Quick Note
17: Reunited?
Merry Christmas
18: Dead
19: Nice to Meet You
20: Preparations
21: The Date
Epilogue
This is it
Midnight
-author-

5: Fake

12.9K 491 89
kky_claud által

Dark Mates

5: Fake

“Alright, everyone,” Nikki said as she clasped her hands together and examined the room. It was the second day of our ‘undercover’ training, and I – as it was part of my role of being Rosalyn – had to wake up extra early (3, to be exact, seeing that I was terribly bad at figuring what brush to use to apply blush on my cheeks) to apply cake-y makeup on my face.

“Dahlia, in this mission, your name is Dahlianne Rosenberg, a shy faerie from Ande of Alfea,” Vikki said to the post-redhead.

Dahlia was dressed in a cashmere cardigan and a pair of jeans, and a pair of black Converse sneakers. Now, Dahlia is an extraordinary girl, with the right curves at the right places, and killer smile, with a naturally seductive nature, and painfully reminded me of Dana. But now, without the perfect makeup on, and without all those amazing sport bras and tank tops and skinny leggings on, she looked… extra ordinary.

Hey, and she looked a lot less slutty.

“Anson and Hugh, you guys are brothers – the Jackmans. Both of your names will remain the same, excluding your last names. Anson, you’re playing the role of a bookworm, and Hugh, you’re the playboy who plays the quarterback in your high school team. You’re both werewolves.”

Anson had completely changed, to say the least. He had gotten over his ‘punk, emo’ stage and now looked… different. His long black hair was now dyed into light brown, and was trimmed into a boyish cut, and I realized he actually had dimples. He had a pair of thick of glasses on, but he looked cute. Like, nerd-ish cute.

Hugh, on the other hand, looked like the ultimate player. If I hadn’t known better, the second that I’d lay my eyes on him, I would think ‘get away, get away’, because he looked like a major charmer and heartbreaker. He wore a tight-fitting black tee, and looked like a jerk.

“And Scott, your last name is Mosley, and you’re posing as a third-generation vampire who likes to work out, got bitten outside a club roughly 15 years ago, so your actual age is 35, and you have a soul mate – Rosalyn, AKA Rosea.” Nikki said, and I looked over to Scott, smiling awkwardly.

Scott was in a tight black singlet, matching his supposed role as being a gym-lover. His hair was tousled but he still looked good.

I, however, was the joke of them all. My makeup was heavy, icing my face as if it was a cake. I had to wear this ridiculously tight, V-neck shirt and miniskirt that barely covered my underwear – it was so thin that it could be used as a belt.

All in all, I looked like a whore. A very skanky, slutty whore that even I would hate.

Hm. I guess I hate myself.

“So you guys are soul mates, as I was saying,” Nikki said as she eyed both of us. “Kiss.”

My eyes widened as I stood there, flabbergasted. “Say what?” I spluttered.

“Both of you, kiss each other, on the lips. You guys need to act in love. Soul mates, remember?” Nikki said.

“I-”

I didn’t get the chance to finish my sentence, because the next thing I knew, Scott’s lips came connecting gently with mine, and the breath left my lungs.

===

My first kiss was when I was 16, with a boy named Graham, who had brown hair and green eyes.

It was our second date (the first was at the movies – classic move, I know) and we went to a fair, which was pretty nice, and we had cotton candy and all, and rode the Ferris wheel. It was nice, and sweet.

So, when he brought me back to the apartment (with Dana, Lily and Alex staring down from the sixth floor, substituting for the ‘mom’ role) he had given me a sweet, lingering kiss on the lips.

And the next day, he broke up with me, via text messaging. I was shell-shocked, to say the least.

After that, we never met, purposefully, that is, with each other again, other than the occasional coincidental ones we had at the school’s corridor, where he ever-so efficiently ignored me, rubbing it in my face that he didn’t want to talk to me.

So, thing is, I’m a bad kisser.

So when Scott leaned down to kiss me, my eyes were wide in shock as I tried to retreat from him, but failed at it when he reeled my body in, his hands around my waist as he gently kissed me.

When he realized that I wasn’t responding, he quickly broke the kiss and gave me a concerned look. “Um, was that too fast, or did I do-” Scott said, worry flashing in his eyes.

“Scott, well done,” Nikki said, interrupting Scott. “You were quick to adjust with your surroundings whereas Rosea is fussy and doesn’t like to cooperate. Good job, you’re probably going to get the whole team killed.”

I rolled my eyes as she blabbered on.

So what? Dying doesn’t seem that far away anyways.

===

“How old are you?”

“20,” I rolled my eyes as I responded.

“What is your full name and where is your origin?”

“Rosalyn Vicky Jackson,” I said, huffing out in annoyance. How many times had we ran this through? “And I’m from the Muda archipelagos in Alfea, and lived in South CA for a few years as a human.”

“What is your species?”

“The 10th descendant of a Good Xlinx who had inherited no powers except for durability,” I said to the straight-faced Seth.

“Who is your mate? How tall is he, how old is he, and what is he?”

“He’s Scott Parnell Mosley, he’s 6’5, he was turned into a vampire when he was 20, but is 35 years old, and a third-generation vampire who prefers eating human food, especially when around me.”

“Where was he born and where did he live for most of his life?”

“He was born in New Orleans, but was raised in a foster system in Northern CA. He then moved out to South CA when he turned 21, and that’s where he met me.”

“Who are your parents?”

“My mom was a banker and my dad a school football teacher who abandoned the dream of being an Alfean soldier when he left Alfea to give my mom and me a normal human life.”

“Good,” Nikki said from the corner of the room. “Good, Rosa.”

“Thanks,” I replied.

“No,” Nikki said, giving me a look. “Say that again. Your voice is supposed to sultry and flirty when I call you Rosa.”

I rolled my eyes before putting on a fake accent and blinked rapidly. “Oh my God, thank you.”

It was Nikki’s turn to roll her eyes, “The exaggeration is not needed, thank you very much.”

“Why can’t Dahlia take this role?” I repeated the question that I’ve been asking everyone working with Nikki for the whole week. “She’s perfect at luring people in, especially with her seductive nature.”

“No,” Nikki said, “Because we need to give all of you different roles. What if someone there knows you and points you out?”

“Oh, what are the odds,” I muttered sulkily.

“Anyways, get out. Call Anson in,” Nikki said before going through her files again before she looked up, just as I was about to walk out. “And do practice kissing more with Scott.”

I grunted and walked away.

It was only a day from our mission. We were all prepped and ready, with suitcases filled with essential things (and lots of makeup for me) and each of us had another carry-on filled with weapons. Mine was filled with numerous daggers and blades, something that I was good in, and some pistols as well. And I had a glove used for melee.

“Hey there, babe,” Scott said as he came up to me.

“Hi,” I said tiredly. We had been ‘roleplaying’ for the past few days now, and it was easy for a natural like Scott, but absolutely hard for me, but he didn’t know why – he didn’t know that I had a mate.

No one did. Except for Seth and probably Enoch.

“What’s wrong?” Scott said as he took a seat beside me. Tired, I laid my head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around me.

“I couldn’t sleep last night,” I muttered. “And my lungs hurt due to combat just now, against William Gee.”

“William Gee?” Scott’s eyes literally popped out of their sockets. “Whoa, are you alright?”

“I won,” I said as I gave him a look. Scott’s jaw dropped.

“Serious?” he asked, shell-shocked.

“Yeah,” I said. Truth was, I might’ve used a bit of compulsion… but there weren’t any rules in combat except for killing, unless accidental. “But God, do I need a back massage.”

Scott moved a bit. I looked up at him and he gave me a grin. “I could. Come,” He said before leading me to the rest area, where there were the toilets, a couch, a table and a bookshelf filled with the history of the Xlinx species.

“Lay down,” he said patting on the couch. Looking around, I sighed and lay down on the couch. A second later, I could feel Scott massaging my back, and I bit back a sigh of relief as I felt the knots in my shoulders relax.

It was what seemed like an hour later when Scott shook me. I got up and smiled gently at Scott. “Thanks,” I whispered as I stared into his eyes…. And I was once again reminded how much he looked like Demetri. Before I could help it, I blurted, “You look good.”

Scott’s eyes swirled, and with much concentration, you could see his original eye color beneath the contact lenses. “You look good too,” He finally said, but slowly, his voice husky and deep.

And then he leaned in. And this time, I didn’t hold back.

===

Author’s Note: will update around next week, maybe, because I’m sort of busy lately.

#teamDemetri or #teamScott 
And #Rose or #Rosea?

Oh, and #teamScott won last chapter! Where's my Demetri fans?!

Love,
kky_claud

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

802K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...
222K 8.6K 32
You may have read stories with the same kind of plot but I have some plot twists here and there in mind, so read on to see what is in store. Rose Ki...
63K 1.5K 23
Reyna Maree is an abused girl who has a rough life. So when her mate rejects her, she is pushed to her limit. So she runs away and finds a new pack...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...