Dare to Be | Heir & Heiress #...

بواسطة unspokenrain

|Completed| ❝ For as long as you want, I am yours. If you will, I'll be yours till my last breath ❞ - Aarav S... المزيد

Preface
♔ Introduction♔
♔ Being A Raizada ♔
♔ 1.1 Game Plan ♔
♕ 1.2 Royal Family ♕
♔ 1.3 Birthday Blues♔
♕ 1.4 Cure a Hangover ♕
♔ 1.5 Stomach Bug ♔
♔ 1.6 Marriage Clause ♔
♕ 1.7 True Colors ♕
♔ 1.8 Real Question ♔
♔ 1.10 Unfinished Business ♔
♔ 1.11. Normal Again ♔
♕ 1.12 Born For This ♕
♔ 1.13 Keeper of Secrets ♔
♔ 1.14 Annie - Part 1♔
♕ 1.15 Green Eyed Monster ♕
♕ 1.16 Little Quirks ♕
♔ 1.17 To Be With You ♔
♔1.18 Annie Part 2 ♔
♕ 1.19 Don't Run ♕
♔ 1.20 It's Complicated ♔
♔ 1.21 Face The Reality ♔
1.22 Loyalties Tested
♔ 1.23 Like A Kaleidoscope ♔
♕ 1.24 Family History ♕
♔ 1.25 Head Spin♔
♕ 1.26 Hide & Seek ♕
♔ 1.27 Welcome Home [1] ♔
♔ 1.27 Welcome Home [2] ♔
♕ 28. Decoding The Raizada's ♕
♔ 1.29 Inborn Fear ♔
♕ 1.30 I Am Yours ♕
Special: 1.31 This Battle
♔ 1.32 Something Amiss ♔
♕ 1.33 Taking Sides ♕
♔ 1.34 Safe Haven ♔
♕ 1.35 Starting Point ♔
♕ Conclusion: His Name ♕
Author's Take: Dare to Be

♕ 1.9 Two Minutes ♕

676 65 36
بواسطة unspokenrain

Dedicated to madhurao1210 Keep commenting silent readers! I love getting to read your thoughts. More dedications coming up :)

♕ Jhanvi ♕

          Say yes to marrying him?

Ha. Like that is ever going to happen.

I do not even know him, really. I made mistakes with Hiten. I fell for all that fake love and concern. I'll be damned if I make same mistakes again and with someone again whom I barely know. If I do not learn from mistakes, who am I even, right?

But I do want him to leave.

I clench my teeth and shut my eyes before taking a deep breath. I have only met this guy a week ago and I am already having to allot a different level to the amount of anger he brings out in me.

Putting on a fake smile, I walk up to him. "You want to help me?"

"Yes."

If he thought I was going to say yes, someone tell him to think again.

"Fine, I will accept your help, but not your hand."

He points out, catching on instantly what I meant. "That's not how it works."

I hold my hand up in a stop signal, but instantly pull it around my body again, holding the towel in place. I roll my eyes as his lips tug up in an amused smirk. This man is truly testing me right now.

"My conditions, Raizada. It's the only way I will accept your help. Take it or leave it."

The smugness leaves his face, replaced by seriousness as he must realize I am being dead serious. "I should have you cut my deals for business." He grunts a response making me momentarily twitch a smile.

I can safely bet that it's not everyday someone manages to make him agree for a compromise. It's a much-known fact that he gets what he wants. I have heard it around the office many times this week. Plus, he looks the type to have his way with just about everyone with that confidence he carries about - never a wrinkle of worry on his face.

"Fine, go on then. List your conditions."

"I admit when you say I will need support. So... I will accept your help, but as a friend. I will not marry you. I'll continue to learn business with you, and the only relationship we'll have is one of friendship. Anything to do with my child will be my decision. Not yours."

This is the conclusion he takes from it: "You're basically giving me no liberty to decide for you and taking me along as a slave."

"Hey, it's a friends' job to give advice to their other friend, but the other friend's choice to make their own decision." I point out, referring to him as the friend and myself as the other friend.

"Why can't you make it all simple by accepting my proposal and being my wife? Everyone will know the kid as my kid and no one has to know."

"No, I am not going to hide his identity. Yes, Hiten is a greedy man, but he is not the only greedy man in this world. I am sure many have done worse for less. But the grandfather is not and my child will have its grandfathers and my blood in him. He does not need to be ashamed of where he comes from and I will not lie to him about who his father is."

He is silent for the next coming seconds. I wish I could read his mind. Not knowing what he is thinking seems to unnerve me. There is something more to him. I don't know what I've said that sets him off balance for the blink of a moment.

Composing himself again, he clears his throat. "If I agree to your conditions, can I ask for one thing? Just one."

"What?"

He reconsiders, "Actually, two."

"What?" I repeat, getting impatient. He is making this longer and I think he is forgetting that I am standing here basically naked and in wet hair.

"Even after, you let me be a part of kid's life. You can't just be up and leave after."

That's a strange request. It isn't what I expected him to ask, but I prompt him to continue, "Second?"

"Get to know me. Don't ask me to stop pursuing your hand in marriage."

Again, his request is startling. "Why?"

"Why not?" He asks back, leaving me with no response to that. "So?"

"I need time to think."

He looks at his watch, "You have two minutes."

I gape, "Excuse me? I can't very well decide something so big in matter of two minutes!" This is the rest of my life we are discussing here! How can he be so casual right now? So nonchalant. So irritating and getting on my nerves!

"Well, that's all you have, Shona. Take it or leave it. Either this, or I don't leave till you agree for marriage."

I scowl feeling the urge to wrap my fingers around his throat and strangle him. My sane self tells me that'd be a grave mistake, seeing as to how he is the heir of one of the largest Fashion Houses in India with their branches around the world. There is no world where I would get away with his murder, even if I happen to be a Princess for in this modern day democratic world, that title is simply a title without means.

Why does he need me to make his deals for him when he's an expert himself?

He smirks, knowing he has won this argument.

I grit, "Fine, you get those two things."

"It's a deal then?" He stands up and holds out his hand.

"Deal, but it should be noted that this is against my wish." I mutter cheekily just to see if I can get on his nerve the way he gets on mine. It's my pathetic attempt to test him. And nope. He doesn't get irritated. Seems I am going to have to work harder to figure out which buttons to push if I want to get back at him.

He chuckles lightly, making my heart flutter for a second. This is the closest to a real smile I have seen, and it only adds to his appearance. In this moment, there is nothing arrogant about him. "This is the first time I am taking someone's word for it instead of drawing up a legal contract. Don't make me regret it."

I roll my eyes at his paranoia. And his arrogance is back. "You need to learn to have some trust in people, Raizada." I pull my hand back from his grasp. "Now, I am saying this as kindly as I can. Get out. I do not fancy getting sick."

He gives a tight nod. "Very well."

I thought he would leave but he stops after taking a step towards me. I do not get the chance to retreat as he lifts his hand and pushes back strands of wet hair, caressing my face in the process. He seems like he wants to say something, but his lips press in a tight line instead.

Changing his mind, he places a peck on my forehead, leaving me confused at his actions. "I'll wait for you outside."

I watch his figure disappear behind the door as he slides it shut. I am still confused at his sudden show of affection and my inability to make any sort of reaction.

Shaking the memory away, I walk up to the door and twist the latch to lock it. I don't know what will happen next, especially after making this deal with him. But, I do know I need to be careful.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

          After getting dressed, I appear in the living room where he is seated on a couch. "Did you tell anything to Arnav Uncle?"

"Would you want me to tell him?"

I think if I would be okay with that then point out, "He is your boss, so if you have to, I'd understand."

He sits back, arms spread over either sides of the couch. "I don't work for him, Jhanvi."

"But I thought...?"

He shakes his head, "I'm not answerable to anyone."

"How do you know him then?"

He is silent for a second that makes me wonder if I asked a question he isn't comfortable answering. "I told you yesterday. Family. I made a promise to him and I'm here keeping it."

It's a little vague. I know I would be better off not pressing for a better answer.

"I still want you to go to the doctor today for a checkup."

I need to find out what their connection is. I think Arnav could be one of the board members given his office was on an entirely separate, secure floor. But, Aarav just said he doesn't work for Arnav. That he isn't answerable to him. So, what is the connection? How is Arnav his family? This promise he talks about... was it not to teach me the ins and outs of this world the both of us belong to? But all these things he is doing, where does that fit in? He is going beyond for a reason I cannot grasp.

I nod, "You said she was your family doctor?"

"She was, yes, so don't worry. She won't reveal anything to anyone. My dad wouldn't have chosen her to be anywhere near our family if he didn't trust her to keep things to herself." He answers, making me accept that there is more to this man than what meets the surface. He manages to show a new side of him each time, and most whenever he talks about his family.

I have never quite known a wealthy person to be this connected to family. Then again, I am simply conforming to stereotypes. It's not as if I know even a single wealthy family personally.

Okay, I get it. I called him paranoid, but maybe I am the one who needs to stop assuming the worst about someone.

But after everything that's been happening in my life recently, can you blame me?

"Okay," I agree.

"If you want, I can have her come up here."

I shake my head, "No, we can go to her clinic or hospital. Wherever. I want to get out of this apartment."

He gives a curt nod. "Grab your things then."

Putting necessary things in my purse and grabbing my phone off the charger, I head out. I expect his bodyguards to be surrounding him again, but I am surprised to find them missing. Even the driver hands over the keys to him and takes leave. He opens the door for me like a gentleman. So, he does know a thing or two about chivalry. Muttering a thank you, I step in.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

          The gynecologist, Chandni Jaiswal, informs after doing some tests. "Six weeks." Aarav had refused to wait outside, showing his demanding stubborn side once again. Neither I nor Dr. Jaiswal could get him to budge.

He asks, "Any complications?"

"It's too early to tell, but everything seems normal right now." She answers and then turns to me, "Ofcourse, you can continue to work for now. In fact, I'd suggest you keep active. It's healthy for the child. And yes, lay off things that will give you stress. Especially in the next couple of months to avoid a miscarriage."

I face Aarav, "Hear that? No stress. Perhaps you should drop your end of the deal and leave me be."

Chandni chuckles at that, and I smirk too seeing him glare at me in response. "I second that." Chandni says. "This kid only knows how to give stress to others."

"Are we done here?" He gives Chandni a cold glare, but she laughs it off not the least bit affected by the glare. I figure it's because she has been their family doctor so she must have seen him grow up to not be intimidated by him.

"I can take a hint." She replies, letting it be known that she knows to get back to business, or he was going to drag me out of there. "Now you, missy, eat healthy and gear up to get yourself comfortable with the concept of morning sickness to get worse day by day."

I frown and make a face at that. This is one thing I am not looking forward to. I hope coffee doesn't make me nauseous at all time, because I cannot survive without one.

"And needless to say, no alcoholic drinks or smoking."

I nod. I don't smoke, but I do have a drink or two during social gatherings. They will have to cease for the time being. It wouldn't be difficult to give that up compared to limiting my intake of coffee.

"Anything you ever need, I'm a phone call away. Anytime. Though I don't have to say that because as past holds proof, Aarav wakes me up in the middle of night for smallest scares. If he's going to be looking after you and if I were you, I wouldn't worry."

I joke, "Hah, I think you mean to say the opposite."

She smiles and shakes her head in all seriousness, "No dear. I don't. He doesn't show it, but underneath all that hard-core-give-no-damn attitude is a regular next-door boy. He'll take good care of you. Mark my words, he'll have you spoiled rotten by the end of your pregnancy."

I give a weak smile at her words. I find it hard to accept, but a part of me worries what would happen if she is speaking the truth. I am not used to being cared for and being loved. I am used to being by myself and looking after myself. I am not sure I can handle whatever it is that he has to offer.

He announces, "Okay, we're done here," and taking me gently by the arm, pulls me up from the chair and nudges me out the door. "Thanks, doc."

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

          Just as Aarav and I sit inside the car to leave from the hospital, he gets a call. Since his Bluetooth is connected to the car's, he presses the button to answer it and I hear the conversation. "Hi Dove, good morning."

I don't mean to be nosy, but even in caller ID the number is saved under Dove, giving me no indication of who is talking to. For the first time, I find myself wondering. Does he not have anyone in his life that he asked me bluntly to marry him just because I am pregnant? I remember our first conversation where he'd left to meet this same person.

The person on the other side groans, "Not a good morning. Can you get me some Tylenol on your way back? I have a flipping hangover."

Aarav scolds with the area around his eyes crinkling as if he's amused, "That's what you get for drinking too much. Where's Rihaan? Didn't I tell him to watch your drinking?"

She mutters, "That boy was too busy watching our dearest Sanya. We got to do something, bro. His little crush is getting worse by the day."

Bro? Heck, aren't I embarrassed right now.

Knowing this female obviously, he warns her, "Don't be like mom and start playing cupid now. Let them work it out on their own. I'm driving now so should be there in 15-20. Don't go getting into any accidents, okay?"

She laughs, "No promises, bhai. But thank you. You're the best."

"Remember that when I come back and tell you something." He answers before ending the call and pulling out of the parking lot. He turns to speak to me, "Mind if we stop by the pharmacy? My sister has a hangover."

I shrug carelessly, "You're the one driving."

"Right," he mumbles making a turn and a few seconds later stopping at a red light. Rest of the ride, he doesn't say anything. He gives me my moment of peace that I need to wrap my head around everything.

. . . ∞ . ∞ . ∞ . ∞. . .

authors note

Is anyone else proud of how well I am keeping up with replying to comments? Haha, I love reading them. It feels so scandalous with this book.. so thank you all and keep them coming. It's a sure fire way to put a grin on my face ;)

QOTC: Aarav's little forehead kiss.. he is putting himself out there bit by bit. Thoughts? Jhanvi getting slightly curious about his life & the people in them. Do you think Aarav will tell her?

Silent readers & voters, I LOVE that you read & vote but do comment? I'd like to read your thoughts, thanks! Dedications will be given to frequent commenters only as that only helps me shape this book by adding more to characters :)

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

83.8K 3.1K 32
||Book 1|| ♡Aliasha Rathore♡ ~"har aashiq ki ajab kahani hai, chup rehna bhi pyaar ki nishani hai". A 24 year-old global superstar. She has everythi...
21.8K 840 14
Witness the lives of 4 Rathore heirs with their wives. Will they be able to accept each other or will these marriages sink at least as deep as the Pa...
101K 6.7K 23
Justice, or khushi's journey. Khushi who had been born and brought up in a very wealthy family, she was loved by all, she was happy.. but her destin...
367K 15.3K 45
Ranked 3 on #isspyaarkokyanaamdoon and 18 on #arshi -11th November 2021......... Destiny played a nasty game with the malik siblings, getting abandon...