Alpha's Babies

By NorthenLights

When you wake up on your 18th birthday, your last thought is usually 'oh, maybe my best friend and boyfriend... More

Alpha's Babies - 1
Alpha's Babies - 2
Alpha's Babies - 3
Alpha's Babies - 4
Alpha's Babies - 5
Alpha's Babies - 6
Alpha's Babies - 7
Alpha's Babies - 8
Alpha's Babies - 9
Alpha's Babies - 10
Alpha's Babies - 11
Alpha's Babies - 12
Alpha's Babies - 13
Alpha's Babies - 14
Alpha's Babies - 15
Alpha's Babies - 16
Alpha's Babies - 17
Alpha's Babies - 18
Alpha's Babies -19
Alpha's Babies - 20
Alpha's Babies - Alternative Ending
Alpha's Babies -21
Author's Note

Alpha's Babies - 22

290K 8.4K 3.4K
By NorthenLights

Caden.

"Oh, Cay, show it us again!" Several girls clamoured.
I smiled and pulled the sleeves of my shirt down and pulled my varsity jacket back on. "That's enough for today, ladies," I shrugged.
"Aww, but it looks so good on you," one girl, Megan (or was it Jessie?) whined, her hand hovering over my upper bicep where my new tattoo was.
I smiled at her, stroked her cheek and then blew an air kiss.
"Oh, I know that, gorgeous," I said.

Her cheeks reddened considerably and she smiled shyly as she got looked daggers by the other surrounding girls. Her fingers traced over her cheek lovingly where I'd touched it and then she cupped her hand around it as if the other girls were going to rob it off her.

I pretended that it was hot in the room and started fanning myself with my hand but it was only to then pick up the end of my shirt and wipe it all over my face. I knew, of course, that that would reveal my stomach.

"His abs!" one squealed.
"Are they real?" another gasped.
"They're tanned and sculpted!" cried another.
One girl even burst into tears for reasons unknown.

"Place your bottom on your seat please, Mr Reid," our teacher, Miss Simon said bustling into the room.

"Aw, Miss, wouldn't you rather me place it on you?" I asked, winking at her.
Her own cheeks flared up but she turned around quickly.
"That's enough Caden," she said hastily.
I laughed and then slid down off my table and back in my seat. Beside me was a slight scuffle between two girls broke out as they each tried to get the seat next to me.

I sighed and leaned back on my chair, loving the everyday routine. I placed my hands behind my head and leaned backwards, my feet up on my desk.
"Feet down," Miss Simon said without even looking up.
Courtney (Or Dana?) looked angry at Miss Simon.
"Miss! Those are limited edition Complex Air 94 golden sneakers!" she defended me, her eyes close to tears.
Miss looked flabbergasted and I blew a kiss at the girl and watched her melt in her seat. I don't think anyone would ever get used to girls falling at my feet like this.

My mind suddenly crackled and Corbin's voice drifted into it.

Mom and Dad are gonna kill you, bro.

I knew it was to do with the tattoo. Id asked mom and dad a couple of months back and i'd gotten a big fat NO. So a couple of nights ago, I snuck out and went to a human tattoo parlour where I got a semi big tattoo of my wolf paw on my bicep.

I shook my head and turned to my brother on the table to my other side. Corbin was sat up, running his hand through his short brown curls. His blue eyes darted around the room worriedly.
"Dude," I laughed "What the parents don't know can't hurt them," I shrugged.

He gave me a disappointed look.
Idiot.
He said through our mind link.
Mom and dad thought that he couldn't speak but that was so not true because he's almost said certain words before realising he was meant to be silent.

Corbin seemed to be much more stressed about my wrongdoings than I ever could be. He ran his hands over his tanned face then rested them on his strong jawline before he sighed and tapped his fingers on he desk.
Corbin hated it when I got in trouble. It was either both of us or him.

I couldn't really remember what had happened to make him like that. I've always tried to but I couldn't. Who cares, memories are overrated anyway.

"Right," Miss Simon said above the noise "Who can tell me who was the King of England in 1508?"
I gave a loud yawn and then groaned.
"Caden Reid, something you wanna say?"

"Yes, that all this is a bunch of bull -"

"Caden!"

A few girls tittered around me and Corbin rolled his eyes and shifted around uncomfortably in his seat. Highschool desks obviously hadn't been designed for his long legs.
The intercom suddenly crackled and the principle's voice spoke through.
"Can Caden and Corbin Reid please make their way to the my office?"

No one was really surprised that I was being called but I'm sure we were all wondering why Corbin was getting called in. What did he do, forget to hand in his library book?

I sighed and got my stuff, being used to it and all.
Corbin's eyes were wide as he got his stuff too. This would probably traumatise the poor kid for life.

I ruffled his hair and then put my arm around his shoulders.
"Don't worry, kid, with our charm and my good looks, she'll let us off if we did something bad,"

I could tell there was no way Miss Heef would let is off because she was stood with her arms folded across her bony chest, her eyes shooting daggers at us through her granny glasses. It's no wonder why she's a Miss and not a Mrs.

"Afternoon, Miss H," I said grinning at her and mocking a salute.
"In. Now." she said through gritted teeth. Corbin pushed me in quickly before I said something else that would earn us a lifetime detention.
We stood before her great oak desk and she sat on her leather chair.
Miss Heef took off her glasses and rubbed her ancient eyes with one hand.

"Can we take a seat, Miss?" I asked bravely. She snapped her head up, her thin lips in a tight purple lipsticked line.
"No."
Caden, shut your mouth! Corbin said, glaring at me.

The principle leaned back on her squeaky chair that made it sound like she'd passed gas and I had to fight with all I had in me to not burst out laughing. Even a small smile crept up on Corbin's face.

"If I say the names Graham Warwick and Tom Hash, what do they mean to you?" Miss Heef asked staring at us both.
Corbin immediately looked down and pulled his fists into the sleeves of his jacket, he was ashamed. Wimp.
"Look, Miss -"
"No. What do those names mean to you?"
"We were only protecting our sister!"
"And how did you go about doing it?"
"It was only a little punch," I mumbled.

Actually it was more like rounds of strong blows to their faces. In our defence, they pushed past Haven and knocked her off her feet, making her scrape both knees. It was only fair because she's only eleven, what kind of brothers would we be if we let it go?

"Both of those boys are in hospital. One who has to undergo major surgery and the other who will be in a neck brace for weeks on end!" she yelled.
"But -"
"No, Mr Reid! No Buts!" she yelled even louder and then stood from her chair.
"You are both suspended for a month until further notice and that includes football practice!"

Corbin actually let out a gasp and his blue eyes widened as he stared at me in disbelief, his mouth hung open and then he looked back at Miss Heef, silently pleading her.
"Urgh, Miss, don't punish Corbin. I was the one who pushed him into it!" I lied.
"It was all my fault Miss."

"For lying you can both have a week added to that,"
"What? No, wait," I said looking at my brother's grief stricken face. "I'll take Corbin's punishment, he needs to get into college!"
She glared her cold ice eyes at us.
"You should have thought about that -"
"Oh have a heart, you vile witch," I snapped.

Caden, just leave it!

"That's it! You're both in detention for four weeks when you come back!"
"Jeez, who spat in your bran flakes at the retirement home?"
I could see steam seething from her ears.
Corbin even cracked a smile.
I grabbed his arm and led him out the door but not before turning back to her
"You might wanna be careful with that glass of water, sweetheart. Wouldn't want you to melt."
"Get out of my school!" she screeched.

We walked back out and Corbin hitched his back pack on both shoulders and then fist bumped me, a smug smile on his face.

You're the best brother ever.

I put my arm around his shoulders again.
"I know," I said, kinda happy that he wasn't too mad that we'd gotten suspended. Corbin had always been the goody goody but somehow I wondered if he ever dreamed of being bad.
I don't think I know my brother as well as I thought I did.

"Let's go get some ice cream," I said as we headed towards the main doors.
Corbin nodded, his face lighting up.
As we went we saw a little kid of about fourteen sat beside the doors on the floor, his head engrossed in a thick book.
Corbin hit his hand on my chest, making me stop.

Look, he said, look at the title of that book.

I tilted my head and looked.
"Understanding The Antroplogolagy of Werewolves?" I read out loud. "What the hell is an Antroplogolagy?"
Corbin hit me again.

That's anthropology, genius.

"Oh," I said even though I still didn't have a clue what this word meant. "Why is he reading that?"
He's trying to understand the Were species but he's a human. Corbin looked at me as though I held all the answers. He could be dangerous.

"He's a puny human, dude," I said rolling my eyes. The day that a miserable human will beat me up, I will just resign from life all together.
I strode up to the kid.
"What's your name, kid?" I asked.
The kid looked around 12, I don't know what he was even doing in the highschool.

He looked up at me with shy brown eyes. He had brown floppy brown hair that hung unfortunately in his eyes and a large overgrown sweater.
"Noah," he replied in a soft whisper looking at me through his hair.

I wrenched the book from his hands then went to where someone had dropped a half full milkshake then I dropped the book in the bin before tipping the milkshake over the book.

"Look, Noah, don't try to get understand things that are beyond you, yeah?"
I pretended to dust my hands then I pinched the pale cheeks on his horrified face and then pushed open the door.

You don't think you went a bit far?

I didn't even turn around as I jogged down the steps.
Corbin's hand landed on my shoulder.
Cay, when will you stop being so rough, dude?
"The day I die," I replied with a shrug.

Corbin's strong jaw clenched as he thought about something.
Do girls go for that type of behaviour? he asked with a serious face.

I laughed at him and pushed him playfully. "You're a funny kid, you know that?"
He looked a little hurt and pushed his hands down his front jean pockets, keeping his head bent, he followed me.

I shook my head and then brought out a pocket knife and started carving C.R. twice over the school wall. There's maybe about a hundred of these strewn around the school. On desks, cafeteria tables, floors, toilet doors even the principle's plant pot.

Corbin looked worried.
We're gonna get caught.
"Please, we're free now, what's the school gonna do about it?" I scoffed.

"The school might not do anything. But we will,"
Corbin and I froze on the spot and then slowly we turned to see Mom and dad there behind us.

Both their eyebrows were raised. Our year old sister Ashlen was perched on mom's hip and she held her hands out to us, "Coco! Caycay!" she gurgled.
Corbin smiled at her and went to hold her but dad stepped out infront.

He placed his hands on his hips.
"Expelled," he said through gritted teeth.
"Suspended," I corrected him. His blue eyes twitched in anger slightly.
"You put two boys in hospital,"
"They could have put Haven in a hospital!" I retorted.
"You let an adult deal with it then!"
"We're sixteen, dad, for goodness sake!"
"And? What does that prove?"
I groaned in frustration.
"We're not kids anymore,"
"So you're adults now?"
"Glad you finally get it, dude,"

Dad's vein temple throbbed slightly.
"We will start treating you like adults when you start behaving like them, Caden."
I played around with my words in my mouth and thought carefully before saying them.
"Listen here, Colten -"

I never got to finish my sentence because dad dragged me by my ear all the way into the car. It was so worth it though.
Dad had to let go of my ear to be able to drive but once we got out again, he got another firm grip on my ear. He led me to the bottoms stairs inside the house.
"Get up there, now," he growled pushing me with my ear before letting go.
I sighed and made my way up with my throbbing ear.

"Caden!" dad yelled.
"What?" I yelled back as defiantly as I could.
"You can come back down here and go back up, without stomping your feet!"
I had to go all the way back down and having to watch my mother's disappointed look and my brother's concerned look. Corbin looked up at dad, probably speaking to him.

"No, he can go up by himself until he learns to behave," Dad said, guessing that Corbin had asked if he could go up too.
"That's not fair! Corbin hurt those guys as much as I did!"
"Knowing you, you probably pushed him into it,"
"Dad, Corbin has his own mind! We're not joined at the head, you know!"

Good.

My lips tightened and I felt myself getting angry at Corbin which was rare. I didn't know if he meant it as a joke or not but I wasn't having it.
"You're supposed to be backing me up!" I yelled at him.
"Caden..." Mom warned, putting Ashlen down.
I got down to the last stair and then shoved Corbin in the chest. His eyes narrowed and pushed me back just as violently so that I nearly hit my head on the banister.

I growled at him, trying hard to not shift.
Corbin extended his arms challengingly but dad put his arm across Corbin's chest so he couldn't move.
It didn't stop me from hitting my brother right in the face, though.
He swung back just as hard.

Dad grabbed us both by the back of the head and instead of pulling us apart he actually banged our heads together.

"I won't have my children fighting like delinquent guttersnipes! Suspended from school and now this!"
Heaven knows what would happen if he found out about the tattoo too.

Corbin and I were sent to our rooms in disgrace after mom took every electronic device that we owned.
I should have thought carefully about my behaviour because tonight I was supposed to go to the hottest party ever and now there was no way they were going to say yes.

I tried my hardest to help mom with dinner and be polite but she must have saw it coming.
"What do you want, Caden?" she asked when I took the trash out for the first time in my life.
"Nothing Mommy," I replied.
"I'm not giving you your phone back,"
"No, no," I said waving it away. I'd bought a new back up phone anyway, just in case something like this was to happen.

Corbin was sat the wrong way around on the dining room chair, his chest against the back of the chair, his long legs either side as he bit into an apple, staring at me intently, his blue eyes piercing right through me.
He knew what I was up to.

"I was just wondering if..."
She groaned then and looked up at me. I couldn't remember at what point Corbin and I had grown taller than her, we were both over 6ft now so mom had to break her neck to speak to us.

"Oh, Caden it's not a party, is it?"
"Mommy, please!" I begged, getting down on my knees. They were my most expensive black jeans so I hoped she would take pity on me.
"Caden, your dad would demand your head on a silver platter if you go,"
"But -"
"I'm sorry, sweetie. Now put those vegetables on the table, will you?"

There was no way around it. Dad was still miffed that we'd been suspended and the fact that I dared insult his authority.
At dinner, Corbin and I sat in the same way we always had. Facing each other with one foot propped up on our seat.
Haven sat beside me and Ashlen sat in her highs chair next to Corbin with mom and dad at either side of the table.

As we ate, I tried to muster up the courage to ask again if I could go to the party and even willing to promise a liftetime of chores. But I couldn't, not when dad was in a foul mood.
We all ate in silence except for the scrapping of knives and forks against the plates.
Corbin scrapped a little too much and a pea from his plate shot upwards and hit me in the eye.

He sniggered to himself so, of course, I had to retaliate and shot one out from my mouth right which landed in his own mouth. He spat it out and threw two which only caused me to throw a fistful.
"Caden, stop," mom said wearily.
"He started it!"
"I didn't ask who started it, you stop!"

Corbin gave a triumphant grin so I picked up a whole potato and chucked it at his head so that his head actually jerked backwards.

"That is enough," Dad said quietly.
It didn't stop Corbin from attacking me with a whole chicken leg, though that landed in my hair.
I took my plate, walked around the table and tipped it over his head.

"Ha! Corn on the Corb," I laughed flicking some corn from his hair and shoulders and creasing at my own brilliant joke.

I heard a soft growl from deep within his throat.

He shook his head so that the food sprayed out everywhere.
I didn't laugh for long because all of a sudden, Corbin leapt out at me and we both crashed down on the dining room table, breaking it in half and all the food and drinks spilled out everywhere.

Mom and Haven screamed while Dad had to rush to get a crying Ashlen to stop her from getting hurt.
Corbin sat on my chest and then started shoving fistfuls of rice down my throat.
I couldn't get beat by my little brother like that so I grabbed his wrists, pulling them apart to give me space to spit out everything right in his face.

You disgusting little vermin, Corbin said.

I didn't know what happened then but I had a sudden lust for blood. I wanted to hurt Corbin so bad, it was unreal. I had no idea where it stormed from but I just wanted to fight him and only him.

I felt my pupils dilate and my fangs extended as I salivated.
I saw the same thing happen to Corbin, his blue eyes darkened to a deep black and he actually sunk his teeth into me.

"Oh, no," Dad said "No, no, no! Raiven grab one of them!"
I felt my shirt collar being dragged amongst the broken cutlery and suddenly I was upright but before I could do anything, dad had rolled up a newspaper and whacked me on the nose and then did the same to Corbin.

"You are both idiots! My office, now!" he yelled. His face was twisted into anger, almost unrecognisable.
"Is daddy gonna smack them?" Haven whispered.
Mom sniffed and moved Haven out of a puddle of gravy while stepping over the smashed plates.
"Let's hope so," she muttered.

When we didn't move, Dad grabbed our ears again and dragged us behind him, right down to his office, us staggering behind him like lost puppies.

Dad threw us both in his office effortlessly but we both tumbled in, tripping over ourselves.
The door was slammed behind us violently.

Dad came and stood in front of us, his blue eyes deep and set on us.
"Boys," he said "What happened?"
"He threw a vegetable at me, dad!" I defended myself.
Corbin rolled his eyes at me as he picked carrots from his hair.

Oh boo hoo!

I snarled at him aggressively.
"Stop it!" Dad said to me. Then he leaned against his desk, his palms flat on them, his legs crossed over each other.
"I'll tell you what happened," he said.
"As Alpha twins, there comes a time when you become...bloodthirsty for eachother. It's a natural instinct to fight for the Alpha position,"

"You and uncle Carter went through it?" I asked.
Dad nodded and looked up "It got so bad that Carter just gave up and went away,"
Corbin and I exchanged glances.
"But we won't really hurt eachother, will we?"
Dad hesitated "You might...you might end up, in some cases not all, killing each other,"

I took a step back and looked at Corbin, his eyes were wide and scared. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him close.
"So whoever kills the other one, becomes the next Alpha?"
"Yes, well sometimes. But one will dominate over the other at some point,"
"I don't wanna kill, Corbin!"

I'd kill you in a heartbeat.

I looked at him sharply and in disbelief but he shrugged. Remember last week when you wouldn't share your cookies?

"Idiot." I said to him.
"So boys, be very careful. Try not to annoy each other because this is something that can't be stopped. One of you has already been destined to be the next Alpha and he'll be the one that will win, no matter what."

"Can't we both give up the spot? We could give it to uncle Carter!"
Dad shook his head "It doesn't work like that, Cay,"
"But if it means killing my best friend..."

Dad smiled then came and hugged us both.
"You won't. Just...just don't tell your mother about this, okay?" he said.
I felt a mastermind plot conjure up in my mind.
"We won't tell...if you let us go to this party tonight," I said.

Dad smacked me upside the head.
"Nice try kiddo, now out of my office and clean up the dinning room."

I was in deep thought throughout the whole evening as Corbin and I cleaned up dutifully. Mom didn't let us eat anything until the room was spotless. She said that'll teach us for wasting food.

Soon after, uncle Carter slipped in and brought out some doughnuts that he'd smuggled in under his shirt.
"Here, you go, boys," he said handing us two each. "Shove them down your throat before your mom cuts mine off,"

Corbin stuffed a whole one in his mouth then gave uncle Carter a grateful hug.
Uncle Carter raised an eyebrow at this mess that we made.
"You boys are something, aren't you? Suspended then you break your mother's finest table,"
He shook his head.

"And we can't go to this party tonight," I grumbled.
"I think that's the least of your problems, son," Uncle Carter replied looking at me pointedly.
I shrugged and pulled my jacket off, draping it over the nearest chair.
Corbin's eyes widened and he used his long legs to leap over to me and stand right in front of me so that our noses nearly touched.

"What the hell?" I questioned him.
Your tattoo, fathead! he yelled at me.
I gasped and grabbed my jacket again and kissed Corbin on his tanned nose.
"You are amazing," I said sincerely.
He pulled a face and used the end of his own jacket to wipe away at his nose.

"Uncle Carter," I said as I shoved my jacket back on quickly "You have to let us go to that party,"

He shrugged and shook his head.
"Caden, no,"
"I'll tell dad who keeps raiding the fridge in his office," I warned.
"Is that a threat?" Uncle Carter frowned.
"My dear, uncle," I said putting my hand on his shoulder "It's a damn well promise."

Long story short, I found myself picking out clothes for the party tonight. The tightest black short sleeve t-shirt I could find that would give me an excuse to show off my tattoo but I covered it with my black leather jacket, just on case. I pulled on Corbin's expensive black jeans because mine got ripped up during a fight last week.
I also had to rob his black sneakers just because I was that type of brother.

Just before 1am before the party was due to start, I crept out of my room and into Corbin's. He was sat tying his laces on his bed.
"Wait, wait, little boy," I said "What are you wearing?" I asked in disbelief.

Corbin had on a long sleeved white dress shirt, a navy bow tie and matching pants.
"Where are your suspenders, Grandad?"

Corbin shoved me in the chest and adjusted his bow tie. Just because I'm your twin doesn't mean I have to dress like you.
"It does if it means you going out like that!"
Corbin swept off imaginary fluff from his pants.
I like to keep it classy, he said with a satisfying smile, showing off his pearly whites.

"Why did the universe pair us together?"
We suddenly heard footsteps along the landing.
"That's mom!" I hissed. If she sees us all ready and dressed she'd take us to the back yard and make us dig our own graves.

Corbin and I had the same idea and we both dived into his bed and covered ourselves up to the chin, closing our eyes seconds before she opened the door.
I pretended to open one eye sleepily.
"Oh, hey mom," I said trying to make my voice sound sleep thickened.

"Caden? Why are you here?"
"Oh. Uhm, Coco here was having a bad dream. I just wanted to comfort him. Isn't that right, Coco?" I asked, giving him a kiss on the forehead as he nodded meekly and gave a whimper.

Mom was taken aback. "Oh. Right. Well, that's unusually kind of you, Cay,"
"Thank you, mom. Now would you mind? I only just got him to close his eyes,"
She blinked several times but then blew us both a kiss and backed out the door.

As soon as she was gone, we both leapt up.
Corbin wringed his hand. I don't like lying to her.
I rolled my eyes as I stuffed pillows under the cover. "It gets easier," I said looking up at him "Trust me."
Corbin still wasn't sure and I had to practically drag him out behind me.

He looked nervous as he followed me.
He still didn't calm down even at the party, he pressed himself against the wall as if he wanted to merge into it all together. I should have brought him a book or something to keep him happy even though the party was in full swing, mixed with wolves and humans alike.

My buddy Vince and I just roamed from one girl to another dancing, chatting and the odd kiss here and there.
As I spoke to one particular girl, I spotted Corbin being handed a drink by a dodgy looking guy who was already tripping over himself.
I excused myself and rushed right over.

"Corbin!" I yelled.
He looked up, his lips already at the rim. I slapped the cup out of his hand so that it sprayed all over the floor.
"Are you stupid?" I hissed at him above the thumping music. "You never take drinks at a party, dude!"
Corbin shrank back into the wall and looked down like a scolded child.
I'm thirsty.
I sighed and pulled out a small bottle of soda from my inside pocket.
"Here," I said as he took it "Gheez, you'd think you've never attended a party in your life,"

I noticed that was quite insensitive because he rarely got invited to parties. He got his invite through me.
Corbin looked down at his bottle and his Adam's apple bobbed slightly.
"Oh, Corbin," I groaned "Don't cry, dude,"

I'm not, he said fiercely but his lips trembled.

"Look, go out there, get yourself some fresh air," I advised him "And maybe a hot chick while you're at it."

I watched him weave in between people, excusing himself politely as he went. My brother. The only boy in the planet that would dress up for a wedding at a teen house party.
I shook my head at him. That boy needs me.

After about 15 minutes I left my entourage to go check up on him. I felt like a parent who couldn't have any time for themselves because their child can't function at social events.

I pushed my way through the crowd outside to where the swimming pool was.
"Anyone seen Corbin?" I asked repeatedly.
Some stupid guy from the school baseball team smirked "Ah, the mute little lamb?"

My fists clenched. I could call Corbin all sorts but no one else had the right to.
"What?" I said daring him to speak again.
He gave a nervous laugh "You know the mute...little...uh...lamb," he couldn't speak properly because I was stood right in front of him so we were nose to nose.
Well, more nose to chest because I towered above him.

He found himself diving head first into the pool. Well, with help from yours truly.
My fists were still clenched as I roamed around.
One giggly girl stood tripping over me.
"Can I have a kiss?" she slurred.
"Of course you can't, darling," I replied and pressed my palm against her puckered lips, pushing her back.

I heard her whine and cry to her friends. "But he's so hot! His jaw, his height, he's perfect!"

I spotted Corbin in the far back leaning over the fence.
I jogged over to him, it was quite cold out but I couldn't remember for the life of me where I put my jacket.

"Co!" I yelled. He didn't turn around.
I sped up a little. When I reached him, I saw he was talking to someone on the other side of the fence.
As I got closer, I realised it was that little boy from before.
It was about 3am, what was this kid doing?

Corbin smiled when I arrived.
Look! he said It's that little boy, Noah, he's on vacation at his grandma's house who lives next door, he informed me.
I nodded at the kid and he shyed away from me.
I saw him clutching a pen and paper where he'd been communicating with Corbin.
He couldn't sleep because of the music so he came down to just watch, Corbin said. Oh and he was at high school today because his grandma had to see someone -

"Ah, right," I interrupted, resisting the urge to yawn. Now I have to say something to act as though I cared.
"So Uhm..."
Was it Noel, Nola, Nolo?
"Noah," the kid said. "Noah Wescott,"

"Oh hey, that was my mom's maiden name," I said looking at Corbin who was also frowning. Honestly, we hadn't heard that surname around here before. As far as we knew, mom was an only child.
"Really?" Noah said. "My granny says that you won't get anyone with that surname. Not around these parts anyway,"

Corbin was frowning even more, his mind looked ready to explode.
"Where you from, kid?" I asked.
"Well, I was born the human side of -"
"The what side?"
He gasped and bit his lip.
Why would a human refer to a place as a 'human side'?

"Who are you?" I asked.

Corbin looked at me.
Ask him who his dad is, he sounded impatient, agitated.
"Uhm, who is your dad?" I asked uncertainly.
The kid looked down. "I'm not allowed to talk about him much,"
"Why?"
"Well not to you two,"
"Us two?"
"Yeah. You're Caden and Corbin Reid. Alphas -" again he stopped short and he placed his hands over his mouth quickly and tears threatened to spill over.

Corbin gasped as though he'd just remembered something.
lets go, he urged, pulling at my arm and backing away from Noah. Corbin's eyes were wide and wild, darting around as he pulled me.
We need to go, Cay, he said.
"Why?" I moaned.

He dragged me through the party and out to the other side.
"Corbin! Dude! What's going on?"
He ran his fingers through his hair.
That was...that was...
I raised an eyebrow.
Kale's...
"What? Who the hell is that?"
Corbin urged me to remember.
"I don't know what's going on!" I yelled at him.

Corbin took deep breaths, his chest heaving and his face looked pained. His normally smooth and peachy skin suddenly changed. His brow was anxious, his blue eyes agitated, his full lips being licked constantly.
His curls stuck up and he fiddled with his bow tie.

"...Caden," he said.
"Corbin? You spoke! You spoke!" I yelped. His first word in centuries was my name. I couldn't be prouder.
His voice was deep and quite soothing actually, not loud like mine.

I hugged him tight but he wasn't in the mood.
"Caden, w-we have to t-tell m-m-mom," he stutterd.
"What? What are you saying?" I asked gripping his shoulders.

"Noah is -"
"Is?"
"He-he is K-Kale's-"

I didn't know what he was saying at first. But then the penny dropped and all memories came flooding back to me violently.
I stared at my brother, my mouth hung open.
"Oh." was all I managed to say.

A/N : that's it! I tried to make it as long as I possibly could for you guys! Personally, Corbin will always be my favourite!
I think I might do the next chapter as the opening of the sequel, maybe perhaps, if possible. But don't expect a sequel or other book too soon because I'm taking a well earned break!

Thankyou guys so so so much for being with me through this whole book, I love you guys!

I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity.

NorthenLights xoxoxoxoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5M 275K 58
"I, Cole Greystone, reject you, Morgan Mayor, as my mate." As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my whole world, shatter into a million piece...
2.4K 21 41
Leaving one pack to join another. My family life was never perfect. I actually couldn't remember a time when it was good. I always wished I would mee...
1.4K 159 26
Prologue No no no no This can't be happening to me I can't be pregnant Im barely 17 I'm in highschool I haven't even shifted yet No...I'm not a run...
2.4K 55 12
A 19 year old boy who's been locked up in his house his entire life has been given everything he's ever wanted but his parents don't really love him...