Regal Academy - The Legend of...

By chewy_zy

This is a story about a Mermaid and a boy falling in love. But what they didn't know is that they are suppose... More

Chapter 1 - The Legend
Chapter 2 - The Tales
Chapter 3 - The Escape
Chapter 4 - The Meeting
Chapter 6 - The 'Date'
Chapter 7 - The Mystery
1k!!!! 🎉🎉🎉
Chapter 8 - The Curse
Chapter 9 - The Heartfelt
Chapter 10 - The Memories
Chapter 11 - The Feelings
Chapter 12 - The Jealousy
Chapter 13 - The Confession
Chapter 14 - The Danger
Chapter 15 - The Trapped
Chapter 16 - The Past and Present
Chapter 17 - The Masked
Chapter 18 - The Risk
Chapter 19 - The Sacrifice
Chapter 20 - The Barrier
Chapter 21 - The Coronation
Chapter 22 - The Destined *FINAL*

Chapter 5 - The Ball

2.2K 60 11
By chewy_zy

<In Rose's dream...>

Lord Walter: "Who knew this Mermaid can be so delicate..."

Lord Walter rubbed the Mermaid's cheek gently as the Mermaid struggled to break free from the ropes that is tied around her.

Lord Walter smirked.

Lord Walter: "I will earn a lot of money by selling you..."

King Harry: "ANAHITA! ANAHITA!!"

Lord Walter: "Oh no!"

Lord Walter ran out of the room. The Mermaid could hear footsteps coming towards her.

King Harry entered the room.

King Harry: "Anahita!"

King Harry quickly untied the ropes. When the Mermaid was finally free, he immediately hugged her.

Anahita: "Harry..."

Tears were falling down the Mermaid's cheeks.

King Harry: "Shh...it's okay. You're safe with me now..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

???: "Rose! Rose! Wake up!!" 

Rose: "Huh?"

Rose woke up and saw Harmony standing right in front of her.

Rose: "Harmony?"

Harmony: "Wake up, sleepy head! Here, I brought you breakfast."

Harmony placed the tray of food on Rose's bedside table.

Rose: "Oh, thank you..."

Harmony: "My pleasure. Oh and I am also here to inform you about the upcoming ball that is going to happen today at night."

Rose: "The ball?..."

Harmony: "Yup, and you have been invited to it...by Hawk."

Rose: "Hawk invited me?"

Harmony look at the time.

Harmony: "Oh Sorry, I have to go. I need to go to work now. Enjoy your breakfast! And also your dress is in the closet! Bye!"

Harmony hurriedly left the room and shut the door behind her.

Rose: "Umm...bye?"

Rose looked at the tray of food and smiled. But her smile disappeared after remembering her dream...

Rose: Anahita? So that Mermaid is Anahita? And that man...his name is Harry...the man that also looks like Hawk...

Rose was confused.

Rose: Did this situation happened many years ago? But why does the man so similar to Hawk...it doesn't make sense!

Rose stuffed her head into the pillow.

Rose: "This is such a headache..."

Rose suddenly remembered something.

Rose: "The Crystal! I must have dropped it while escaping from the shark! Urg! I am so clumsy! Now I am stuck in this world!"

Rose used the same pillow to hit her head.

Rose: Whatever, I will just have to get use to the human world...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Hours later...>

It was exactly 9.00 on the clock, Rose grabbed the dress that was hanging in the closet and went into the bathroom. She slipped into the dress.

Rose: "It fits me perfectly...and I love it. Harmony sure knows my taste..." 

She looked at myself in the mirror one more time before going out of her room.

<In the ballroom...>

A guard escorted Rose to the beautiful ballroom that stood before my eyes. There were chandeliers hanging from the ceiling, food spread across the tables and many noble men and women chattering away.

Rose felt a bit uncomfortable in this place. She had never attended a ball before.

As she walked down the staircase, she saw Harmony waving at her.

Harmony: "Over here, Rose!"

While Rose was walking up to Harmony, she noticed some men and women whispering to each other.

Rose lowered her head and continued walking.

Harmony: "Are you okay, Rose?"

Rose: "Yes, I'm fine. I'm just not used to these kinds of traditions."

Harmony: "Oh, you will get used to it if you stay with us for a little longer."

Rose smiled.

Announcer: "Ladies and Gentlemen! May I introduce Prince Hawk of Clarines!

Everyone starts clapping as Hawk appeared on top of the staircase.

Rose: "Wait, why aren't you up there?"

Rose whispered to Harmony.

Harmony: "Many reasons."

Harmony grins. Rose looked around and she could see all the young ladies already falling for Hawk.

Rose: Hawk must be popular with the girls...I can't blame them. Omg Rose! What are you thinking?!

Suddenly, the music started playing and all the couples went to the dance floor. They started waltzing.

Rose saw Hawk dancing with a girl in the middle of the dance floor. Her heart clenched tightly.

Rose: Why does my heart hurt so much...I had never felt this feeling before...

Harmony: "Rose?"

Rose turned to Harmony.

Rose: "Huh?"

Harmony: "Do you want anything to drink?"

Rose: "Oh umm...it's okay...I'm good..."

Harmony nodded and walked away.

Rose's eyes landed back on Hawk. She could see how happy he was with her.

Rose: I shouldn't be here at all...

As Rose turned around, all of a sudden, someone grabbed her hand and pulled her into the dance floor.

Rose looked at the stranger. It was a man.

???: "I'm sorry for startling you, but, would you like to dance?"

Rose: "Umm sure..."

Both of them started waltzing together.

???: "I have to say, you look stunning in that dress."

Rose: "Thank you..."

Rose couldn't see his face clearly due to the mask he was wearing. But she notice that this particular man has bright white hair.

Rose: This man is really strange...why would he want to hide his identity. He's the only one wearing a mask...

???: "Miss, May I know which Kingdom are you from?"

Rose: "Umm...it's quite far from here..."

???: "I see."

The man then stopped dancing.

???: "Well, I have to be off now. Enjoy the rest of the night, Miss."

He gently kiss the back of Rose's hand and walked away.

Rose: Since I have nothing else to do, I might as well get some fresh air...

<At the balcony...>

Rose rested her arms on the railings and took a deep breath.

Rose: Its nice and quiet out here...

Rose looked up at the sky.

???: "The moon is beautiful, isn't it?"

Shocked, Rose turned around.

Rose: "Oh Hawk, it's you..."

Hawk walked up beside her and stared at the full moon...

Hawk: "I had never seen the moon so bright and round before. Today must be special..."

Rose: "Umm...right.."

Rose looked back at the sky.

Hawk's Pov

Seeing Rose distracted, I took the opportunity to observe her.

Her beautiful blonde hair was flowing with the wind and her light blue eyes glisten under the moonlight. Her skin was also shining just like the clear sea water. How can a woman be so...perfect? Urg! What are you thinking, Hawk?!

But I couldn't control myself. Rose is different from all those noble women.

Feeling my stare on her, Rose turned to look at me. I quickly moved my eyes back onto the moon. My cheeks turning into a light shade of red. Something was definitely wrong with me.

Back to author's pov

Rose: "Hawk, it's getting late. I should probably head back to my room."

Rose was about to go when Hawk stopped her by grabbing her arm.

Hawk: "Wait."

Rose looked back at Hawk

Rose: "Yes?"

Hawk: "Goodnight..."

Rose smiled.

Rose: "Goodnight."

Rose then walked away, leaving Hawk there, still staring at her as she went off...

To be continued...

Hiii, it's Chewy. So, I have some bad news. Since school is going to start soon, I will not be updating for a while. But don't worry, I will still try to write as much as I can. Okay, that's it for now, see you all in the next chapter, Love ya ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35 0 12
After his grandfather Theo's passing, James sets about clearing and cleaning up his grandfather's belongings before the estate sale when he runs into...
187K 9.2K 41
What if you fell in love with a myth? What if that myth fell in love with you, and you didn't know it? That pretty much sums up Nerina Winters' life...
2.8K 51 13
One day on a stormy night a young mermaid meet a young prince saving his life from drowning into the ocean. Later on they meet again but this time it...
131 0 10
In the kingdom of Undersea, Princess Ariel longs to be more than just her father's songbird. She wants to be human, to prove that they are not much d...