Losing Harry (One Direction F...

By RelentlessChaos

**This is a joint story with @QuinnWritesStories but it will be posted on my page** It was no secret that Gra... More

Losing Harry (One Direction Fan Fiction)
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven

Chapter Three

16.3K 260 104
By RelentlessChaos

Author's Note: Hi! Don't worry, I'm not here to write another chapter! Thanks for all the feedback on my chapter of Losing Harry! I'm so glad you all like it, but  @RelentlessChaos is back for this one! It's a truly amazing chapter, but in all honesty, I think this is going to be the first chapter that made me wanna cry. Haha. Love you guys for reading! Leave feedback on this chapter in the comments!

-QuinnWritesStories

--------------------------

Chapter Three

Grace’s POV

            Everything happened in slow motion. Harry tumbled down the stairs and I didn’t know how to react. When he hit the bottom, he was laying in his own blood. I didn’t know what else to do but scream. I called the police as I sobbed.

“Miss, please speak more clearly. I can’t understand you,” The operator said.

I hiccupped and shouted, “My boyfriend busted his head open!”

“How did this incident occur?” He asked.

“He fell down the stairs. Please send someone quickly!” I yelled.

“We have an ambulance on the way Miss.”

I threw my phone at the wall and sat next to Harry, hoping that someone would get here in time. I evaluated my life and decided that losing him was something that I definitely never wanted to happen. I knew that once someone experienced a head trauma you weren’t supposed to move them, but I wanted so badly to hold him in my arms.

The loud sirens outside Harry’s house signaled that the ambulance was here. Paramedics burst through the door with a stretcher. They picked up Harry and placed him on the stretcher. He looked so fragile. I rode in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. The highly trained EMTs put an oxygen mask on Harry and tried to stop his wound from bleeding.

My head was buried in my hands. Someone put their hand on my shoulder and I looked up. A man was smiling sadly at me.

“Is he going to be okay?” I sobbed.

“I’d say the chances of survival are very high. Although it may not seem like it, busting open your head is a common thing these days,” He said.

“So you think he’ll make it?’

“Yes,” He said.

I smiled through the tears.

When we arrived at the hospital, that’s when the real chaos started. Harry was wheeled off to a room for surgery and I called the boys to tell them what happened. Of course when they got here, they started a riot and asked me a bunch of questions.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

“Grace, how did this happen?”

“Why did you let him walk downstairs by himself?”

“Stop it! It wasn’t Grace’s fault. Use your brains and stop making her feel even worse,” Liam said.

Liam Payne, you are my saviour.

Niall was the first one to hug me.

“I’m sorry,” He whispered in my ear.

The other three gave me a group hug. We all sat in a waiting room, anxiously awaiting the news about Harry. Liam was on the phone with Harry’s mum to explain everything to her. Louis was resting his head on my shoulder. We comforted each other as we both cried. Niall had his arm slung over my shoulder. Zayn was sitting next to Liam staring off into space.

A few hours later, the five boys were asleep and I was barely awake. My eyelids were getting heavier and heavier. Louis snoring kept me from falling asleep fully, though. Seriously, his snoring sounded like a tractor or something.

The door opened and a nurse poked her head in.

“Harry Styles is done with his surgery. You may go see him if you’d like.”

I shook Louis violently and he fell into the floor in an awkward position.

“What?!” He shouted.

“Harry’s done with surgery!” I yelled.

That sentence seemed to get all of the boys awake. We walked together back to the room. Gemma and Anne both arrived and went back with us too. Even though it was clearly not allowed to have that many visitors, the doctor let it slide. Anne pulled me into a hug and squeezed me tightly.

Although we didn’t exchange any words, I knew what she was trying to say to me.

Harry was smiling when we walked back there. Everyone’s jaws dropped when we saw his shaved head.

“Your hair… It’s gone!” Niall said.

“They had to shave my head to put the stitches in,” Harry said.

I cried again. Harry looked concerned and motioned for me to come near him. He patted a spot on the bed and I curled up beside him. I cried into his chest and he rubbed my back.

“What’s wrong, love?” Harry asked.

“I thought you were going to die.”

“I didn’t. I’m still here,” He cooed.

I kissed him lightly on the lips. When the doctor came back in, he cleared his throat. I got off of Harry’s hospital bed and stood beside Louis who put his arm around me and pulled me close.

“I need to speak to Harry alone, please. You may come back in when he’s done,” The doctor said.

“Wait, can Louis stay?” Harry asked.

The doctor looked at Harry and sighed as he nodded. Louis walked over to Harry and stood there as the rest of us piled out of the room. That was odd. Why didn’t Harry want me to stay with him?

Harry’s POV

            I asked if Louis could stay with me for two reasons. Number one: He was my best friend. Number two: I wanted him to be the one to know if there was something really wrong with me.

“Harry, I’m afraid I don’t have good results for you…”

“Is my wound infected?” I asked.

“No, Harry. I discovered something else when I performed the surgery. Tell me Harry, how did you bust your head open?” He asked.

“I fell down the stairs.”

“How?” He asked.

“I, um, tripped,” I said.

“Over what?” The doctor looked like he didn’t believe me.

“Okay, fine, I was really dizzy and I just fell,” I admitted.

“Did you experience the dizziness before this incident?”

“Yes sir,” I told him.

He frowned and rubbed the wrinkles on his forehead with one hand as he held his clipboard in another. The doctor muttered something to himself.

“I hate to be the bearer of bad news, Mr. Styles…” He said.

“You can tell me. I’m not afraid.”

“Harry, you have leukemia.”

“How long do I have?” My voice cracked.

“It’s hard to tell. I’m sorry, Harry. You have anywhere between three months to a year. Leukemia is very unpredictable because the outcome varies between every single person it affects,” The doctor said.

I definitely wasn’t expecting that. It seemed like everything around me started to crumble. What was going to happen to me? How would Grace take this? I couldn’t hurt anyone. It would be absolutely unbearable.

The doctor left the room for a brief moment and I stared at my best friend who now had tears streaming down his face.

“Boobear?” I asked.

“Yeah, Haz?”

“Promise me you won’t tell anyone.”

“That’s absurd, Harry. You have to tell them!” He huffed.

“I can’t, Lou. I just can’t.”

“So what am I supposed to do? Lie to everyone and watch you die?” He spat.

I just looked down at my hands.

“I’m sorry, Harry,” Louis said.

“Louis, if you really are my best friend, you won’t tell anyone!” I said.

“Harry, don’t do this to me…” He said.

“Louis, I just can’t tell anyone.”

“What about Grace, Harry? You’re in love with her. She would be absolutely crushed.”

“I know…” I whispered.

Hot tears ran down my face. What was I supposed to do? If I told them, they would treat me differently and I didn’t want that. I just wanted to live the rest of my life with the people I loved. If hiding a secret meant that I can go on normally, then so be it.

I needed Louis to keep this a secret. I knew that leukemia was very serious, but I just couldn’t face telling everyone. Every time they saw me, they would cry because they knew the end would come soon. I just couldn’t bear that happening.

I didn’t care what this did to me. I wouldn’t have the people around me being unhappy, not while I was still alive. I would just go on normally and live with my dirty little secret. After all, the only one that was going to know would be Louis.

“So, what do you say Lou?” I asked him, hopeful that he would give in to me.

He sighed and sat down next to me on the bed.

“Fine. I won’t tell anyone.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

ANOTHER Author's Note: Hey everyone! It's RelentlessChaos. I really hope everyone likes this chapter. Yep, I wrote this one and Quinn will be writing the next one. I just hope this one is up to everyone's standards because I don't feel so confident about this one. Haha. Well, anyways, please vote and comment!

Love, RelentlessChaos <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.8K 646 32
Lana James loses everything she has ever known as her best friend loses his battle against cancer and leaves her seemingly alone in the world. She is...
3.4K 184 20
Harry is in love with Louis. Harry has cancer and is terminal, but his body decides otherwise. -------- I DO NOT own this story. All he credits go to...
1.8K 116 15
Zayn was a happy lad as he grew up but as soon as he hit high school everything changed people bullied him and he turned dark. Then after 4 years of...
3.3K 115 15
Two years ago Louis was diagnosed with a rare sickness. Two years ago One Direction broke up due to an un-known cause. One year and eight months ago...