- - :: Orion's Ode - ShraMan...

By orion623

Best Ranking: #29 in Short Story "A tender smile illuminated his face as a familiarity caused his eyes to mis... More

Prologue
II Elysium II
II Nope! You Can't....! II
II Alaahida - Apart II
II Fire II
II Kissed II

II Embers Of Passion II

1K 69 183
By orion623

People!

Hello hello!

How is everyone?

So this piece had been written for Likhavat 2.0 on India Forums simply because Nik Nikk03  wanted a piece from me! But, I wasn't happy with the way it had turned out, so I never posted it at all. After months of being coaxed, I agreed to post it but not without some major editing and additions! So fair warning you guys, this one is mildly A rated. Mildly. So I thought I should sound caution.

I would like to dedicate this piece to Saleha KitkitMkb. Buddy, had you not reminded me and pushed me into posting this, I would have forgotten this piece ever even existed. So this one is for you and I hope you like it.

The piece contains Urdu poetry, translations for which have been provided... 

Anyway, here's presenting, Embers of Passion!

A car made its way over a mildly steep incline emitting crunching noises as it trudged over an unpaved path. Soft breaths were the only sound apart from the occasional muttering from the driver. The companion on the front seat peered in a futile bid to see the road ahead but the darkness was too engulfing.

The vehicle was quickly running out of gas. The frenzied wife blamed her husband for their predicament. She claimed she would die in wilderness owing to his callousness.

"I will die here Shravan! I will die here and no one will ever know!" She slapped her forehead hard.

His brother had made arrangements for a secluded honeymoon in the virgin regions of Ladakh. "This was Pushkar's idea, blame him.." Said he shrugging. Pushkar had witnessed first hand, the tension between the two. He only wanted to help them find a solution to their marriage.

"What a sham!" She exclaimed. Their marriage was on the rocks and to her it was as good as over. "This marriage is a joke, and here we are, on a secluded trip. To aid what purpose, I have no clue."

The car came to a screeching halt and swerved a little as it lost traction. He turned to look at her, dismay evident in his deep orbs. "Why do you keep saying that? It hurts..."

"Really?" She raised her brow. "You brought us here, you did this to us Shravan so please don't pretend to salvage this now."

Looking away, he let out a pained breath. How much could one argue and how much could one rot in guilt? In a heated moment of pain, he made a mistake. A mistake she was not willing to forgive. "You won't die. He affirmed, "I'm your husband, and it's my responsibility to keep you safe." Saying he saw the GPS reroute for the Nth time.

Driving down the path he thought back at the precise moment when he destroyed their relationship or whatever was left of it. Suman had been constantly complaining about how they were married but were not man and wife in the truest sense.

Shravan had been snubbing her stating the marriage was a lie. He was forced into it. She may have gotten her heart's desire of being in an advantageous marriage but he couldn't get himself to let go of her many mistakes. He couldn't trust her. She was the one that struck a deal with his father, left him, threw his love, in a heartbeat. Who was to say what she could do next.

They had been invited to a party that night, the night when it all went for a toss. One of his acquaintances had flirted with her and a scuffle had erupted, the man had a broken nose, a few more injuries and Shravan was left with bruised knuckles.

Upon returning home Suman had questioned him about his behaviour. He pointed out that they were married and that was his duty as a husband, to protect her. She had laughed it off saying they were married only on paper. "Its not like we are man and wife! A piece of paper has no value!" She had said.

He couldn't believe her gall to throw that in his face; grabbing her by the arm he had dragged her to their bed stating he would promptly make her his wife since that was her desire. He had earned a crisp slap in response. She had cried at what they had come to.

It was that night and this; nothing ever was the same between them.

Qurbat ki chahat mai,

Na jaane kya keh gaye,

Maanga tha faqat unko,

Ruswayi ki saugaat de gaye.

Wishing for propinquity,

What did I do?

Hoping for uniquity,

I lost you.

He saw a stone house in the distance and turned sharply. Suman jolted at the sudden change of direction. She saw a decent sized tastefully made bungalow. They made their way to the habitation, multiple knocks later they realised the home was deserted.

"Looks like its vacant." Shravan whispered. "Its cold, we are running out of fuel and options both. I think we should stay here tonight and decide what we can do tomorrow morning."

"This is someone else's home!" Suman was taken aback. "And there is no one in it at this point in time. I do not support breaking and entering."

"Look its not like we are here to steal alright. There is no network connectivity either, what do you suggest we do? Camp out here? Do you realise how unsafe that could be?" He reasoned with her.

"A person can be unsafe in their own home as well." Her voice was laced with accusation. "You can't force your way into everything."

His jaw went taut at her words. How much could she hate him? Why couldn't she understand he was in pain for having stooped so low? He didn't even mean it, it just happened. He took his stance and decided to break open the door. He knew they needed rest; as well as safety, it was late and the temperature was on a downward trend.

They entered the house cautiously. Shravan shielded her behind himself. Holding her palm gently he guided her through the dark. He sent a silent thanks to the skies for she didn't slap his hold off her. This was the first physical interaction they had in weeks and so strong was its effect that every cell in his body felt alive. Unlocking his phone, he tried to take in the surroundings.

The abode looked like it had been empty for at least a few months. It had bare minimum furniture and huge windows. Walking towards the windows they realised, it overlooked a river, the moon reflected from the water into the home giving it an alluring look.

"You wait here." He told her concerned. "I'll check upstairs for something we could use." Shravan made his way upstairs, finding a blanket he returned to see Suman taking off the dusty sheets covering the sofas. He wrapped the blanket around her. "Its cold." He said lovingly.

Suman threw it off, annoyance exuding from her stance. "Don't feign that you care."

Shravan gathered the blanket and put it around her calmly, "The winters here are cruel, please."

She laughed sarcastically, "So are you!" She felt warm. No matter how much she thwarted his attempts to normalcy, his little gestures never failed to show her his concern. He was wrong that night. She knew he repented but she couldn't bring herself to forgive him. He had singed her self-esteem; he had referred to her as a commodity. How could she let go?

Mohobbat ki talaash mai,

Gham ki chaadar oodh li,

Ishq ki ghair-haazri mai,

Ashq ki chaadar oodh li.

Looking for love,

Sorrow engulfed us,

In the absence of warmth,

Tears engulfed us.

He sighed making his way towards the door, "I saw a shed outside, I'll go find something to burn." He knew well how cold affected her. The last thing he wanted was for her to fall ill. He wouldn't be able to get help in time if anything were to go wrong. He didn't even know where they were. He was sure the GPS system was erroneous.

Fear seeped into her being, "Don't leave me alone .. I'm, I.. I'm scared." She confessed. No matter her harshness towards him, she knew she was safe in his presence. She wouldn't tell him that, but subconsciously she knew, he would keep her safe from her old nemesis, loneliness. He may have said what he did, but he meant no harm, of that she was sure.

Khafa hai tumse,

Khata tumhari thi,

Tanha chodd jaaoge tum,

Iss ehsaas ki rehayi thi.

I'm unsettled by you,

You hurt my soul,

But I know you,

You'd never leave me alone.

He smiled wryly, "It's started to drizzle, stay here. I don't want you to fall ill. You will be fine here." Turning to look at her, "Sumo, close your eyes and think of the most happy moments of your life, I'll be back in no time." She obliged and seeing a faint smile on her face he took his leave.

Suman tried to change the direction of her thoughts but try as she may; the most comforting memories were the ones with the brute who she was now married to. Each time he held his hand out to help her when she slipped. Each time he went out of his way to make her feel comfortable. Each time he silently placed her favourite flowers in the vase on her dressing. Each time he left a slab of chocolate in her handbag. Each of those times played in her mind. 

Shikvey kiye tumse,

Ghutan ki shikan tum the,

Aashnaayi hai tumse,

Aashiqi ki inteha tum the.

I was tormented by you,

Hurt; at it's finest,

But my home is with you,

Love; at it's purest.

She opened her eyes when she felt his presence. The woody scent of his cologne masked her senses. He smells so good. She sucked in a deep breath; it was like a calming balm, his scent. Surely was a result of who he really was. They say perfumes smell different based on who uses it. Whatever that reason may be, he smelled heavenly.

He walked in with a stack of hay and wood, his hair was messed probably due to the strong winds. The weather had changed drastically in a matter of a few minutes. It was a wise decision to have decided to stay put.

He kneeled near the fireplace and concentrated on lighting the fire. Suman couldn't help but notice his striking features stand out in the soft luminescence of the flame. His expressive eyes, his Grecian nose and those full lips. He was a very handsome man and he was hers. She felt her heart pick speed as a tingle of want started to form in the pit of her stomach.

Shravan stood up to find her ogling at him; her soft eyes a blazing inferno of passion. "Sumo?" He called out, gulping heavily. She didn't break eye contact, instead her stance shifted to that of a hungry tigress, staring down at her prey. Shravan felt a deep sense of yearning and adoration sitting comfortably in her gaze.

She walked towards him and started unbuttoning his shirt. The contact of her cold fingers against his bare chest made his breath hitch. "Wha.. What are you, umm.. doing?" hoarseness evident in his voice. The prominent vein of his neck give away the pace of his heart.

"You're drenched." She shrugged concentrating on ridding him of the wet garment. She didn't want him to fall ill, that was true. But more than that, she felt this need to have him bare, body and soul.

Shravan allowed her to do as she pleased for he would be lying if he said he didn't want this. He may have had trust issues, but the slap he had received that night, made him open his eyes. Seeing her in new light, he understood to an extent why she let go of him. He was angry, but the extent of the anger had gradually been subdued. Having her sleep in the same bed, each night, so painfully close and yet so far had been driving him insane.

Her nimble fingers undid all the buttons. She pulled out his neatly tucked shirt from his formal trousers intently. Shifting her vision to his face she blushed and slid his shirt off his torso painfully slowly. She allowed her hands to leisurely slide across his skin while at it.

He looked on intently, noticing her every little action. Biting her lower lip slightly; she ran her fingers over the hair peppered on his upper body.

He felt the air being knocked out of his lungs. She inspected him as though he was a sculpture, a dream. He reveled under her soft touches. His eyes reflected the immense love he felt for her. Her bold ministrations had made him feel loved. It was a feeling he had never felt before. It was clouding his senses. Slowly, moving his hands to her dainty waist, holding on, he whispered her name, which sounded more like a prayer, "Sumo?"

Chuan se tumhari,

Chubhan si seene mai uthti hai,

Mohobaat se tumhari,

Rooh meri sulaghti hai.

Your touch,

Evokes sweet torture,

Your love,

Is my soul's scorcher.

She looked into his eyes and asked, "What do you wish for Shravan?"

"You." He answered in a heartbeat, eyes welling up.

She went on her toes as he bent to give her access, kissing his forehead gently she hushed in his ear, "What do you wish for?"

Poochti ho tum,

Chahat kya hai humari?

Kaise kahe tumse se?

Saanse tum ho humari.

You beseech me,

What is our love?

How don't you see?

You are my life from Him above.

Any resolve he had, diminished. He strongly pulled her into himself and captured her lips in his. Drinking from her the love that he always desired, he slowly moved his lips over hers. Breaking away he asked, "Do you really want this Sumo?" Not wanting to repeat any mistake of the past.

She smiled, pecked his cheek, blushing deeper she replied, "You are all my cherished memories Shravan. You are my life. Whatever happened in the past, is just that, the past. I want to be yours as much as I want you to be mine."

Firaaq mai the umr bhar,

Manzil na mili,

Talaash tamam hui aakhir,

Aaghosh mai teri.

Life long quest,

Never yielding,

The search finally rests,

At the behest of your shielding.

Shravan let out the breath he was holding, "I'm sorry Sumo. I.. I shouldn't have said all of that. I didn't mean it." He spoke earnestly.

She shushed him, "I know you didn't. Shravan, look at me?" She placed a finger under his chin and coaxed him to look her way. The guilt in his soft hazel eyes hurt her. "You were wrong, yes. You hurt me, yes. But I can't hate you love. Just like you couldn't ever get yourself to hate me." She smiled genuinely. "I guess that's what love is about right?"

"Love is about respect Sumo. I took away your honour that night. Whether or not I laid a finger on you, me having said what I did, I.." Shravan couldn't bring himself to forgiveness. But Suman wouldn't have any more of it. She pecked his lips roughly to convey her feelings. She didn't want him to hurt anymore.

"I love you Sumo." He hushed turning crimson. Her sudden gestures were to overwhelming for him. "I promise I will never hurt you again. For when you hurt, my heart bleeds. I can't live without you."

His honest confession made her heart well up. She hugged him. Allowing her hands to freely roam on his back, her head rested cradled in the nook of his neck. His warmth, enveloping her senses. Suman had imagined this scenario play in her mind a million times. Many dreams of this very night had kept her awake for years. The summation of all those scenarios seemed dull as opposed to what she felt in this moment.

He held on to her firmly, burying his face in her soft fragrant hair. Carefully lifting her in his arms he laid her on the sofa. He caressed her face gently. His fingers left a delicious scalding in their wake. The look his eyes held made Suman warm all over. She felt the love that shone would burn her to oblivion.

Jaan nisaar meri,

Teri ek nigaah par,

Umr-e-daraaz meri,

Waar di tere ek lams par.

I renounce my existence,

For your sole gaze,

I accept senescence,

If only you'd set me ablaze.

He smiled and took her into a voracious kiss; the cold winter night was rapidly turning into one that would scorch their existence. Moving lower towards her neck, he softly played her hair with one hand, nuzzling into the valley of her bosom.

The mole there had been teasing him endlessly since they had been married. It wasn't that he would stare at her like that, but she was his wife and she slept like a baby, without inhibitions. Many a times when he would be awoken by his nightmares, her angelic face would bring him calm. And this little mole would tease his being. He needed all the self-control he had, back then, to stop himself from kissing it right then.

She pulled at his hair moaning his name as he bit her at a particularly soft spot of her neck. He moved his knuckles over her collarbone eliciting another moan. Suman felt as though she was having an outer body experience. His each ministration made her clay in his hands. He could do as he wished and all she could do was unabashedly shamelessly shiver with desire.

Khairaat kiya karte the bohot,

Sadqa har waqt denge ab,

Teri ulfat ka makaam aaisa hai,

Khauff-e-tarq mai rahenge ab.

Charity was a way of life,

Benevolence will now be,

Your endearment is so rife,

Its termination scares me.

The embers of passion burned stronger each passing moment casting paced shadows on the walls. Their hunger, their love, their lust, their longing was at its pinnacle. This fervent night was to mark the beginning of their journey.

A fire had once borne witness to their holy matrimony. A fire now bore witness to their union. Unification so tender, so irrevocably consuming that it filled the crevices of their hearts, mended their broken souls and bonded them in a secure link, which would never come undone.

Teri saason mai jo ghuli meri saasen,

Teri rooh se jo judi meri rooh,

Teri qurbat se jo aarzo meri tamam hui,

Sajdon ka noor mila,

Ibaadat jo meri qubool hui.

The blending of our breaths,

The merging of our souls,

My yearnings are quenched,

My devotion now exemplified,

My prayers stand beautified.

Aazmaish ke silsle jo khatam hue,

Mohobbat ke silsle jo hue shuru,

Ilahi ab bas ek dua hai tujhse,

Bas ek woh rahe aur bas ek mai rahoon.

Penance stands vanquished,

Hurt is now languished,

Ilahi all I ask,

Is for us to forever more, bask.

~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Phew!

Okay, so confession. I do not write intimate stuff. Its like I run away from it.

*Hides face*

But I tried my hand at it and now I'm blushing like a fool.

Do tell me what you think of this piece!

I need honest comments please..

Until next time!

Cheers!

Zoya!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 215 31
I'll upload some cute and fluffy abhisha oneshots stories as they are my favourite... A1 SINCE DAY1 STAY TUNED ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงก
Alfaaz By Zoya

ChickLit

41.8K 3.9K 47
~ A tale of a friendship crushed and an affection triumphed ~ Best Ranking : #1 in ShraMan #12 in General Fiction Shravan and Suman, Childhood best...
630 48 4
These are some very different shades of our dear Shravan Malhotra, in regards to his Sumo. โš ๏ธ Warning: There might be some mature content in the flow...
19.1K 1K 10
Shravan and Suman met when they were children and grew up to be good friends, until they entered high school things changed . In their last teenage y...