Unlikely Hero

By LaPetiteMorte18

Alexz has a hard life, at the age of thirteen her dad died. Leaving her with her mom and her twin brother Tyl... More

(Revised) Unlikely Hero
Chapter two..
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five

Chapter six

39 2 1
By LaPetiteMorte18

Chapter Six

School was finally over. We were waiting by Jamie locker as he collected the books he needed for homework when my phone started to ring.

“Hello,” I asked when answered my phone without looking at the caller- id.

“You been gone long enough, it’s time to come back home, daddy miss you.” Jim sneered, my heart started beating faster than normal at the sound of he’s voice.

“You’re not my dad.” I practically shouted, earning strange looks from people standing around waiting to go home. 

Jim laughter ring in my ear, “the last time I check your dad is dead. So guess what? I’m your daddy now bitch, and daddy said come home. You and your gay ass brother need to be home in thirty. I’m counting sweetheart, don’t make daddy wait.” With that lingering threat Jim hung up.

“What did he say?” Taylor questioned as he took my phone from my hand and stuffed it in my bag.

“He wants us home in thirty.”

“What did he to make you scream like that?”

“That he’s dead so that makes him our daddy now. God, I fucking hate him! Why did our dad have to die, why couldn’t it be that bitch mother of ours? Fuck, you do realize he’s birthday is coming up? I miss him so much Taylor.” I cried as Taylor pulled me in a tight hug.

“Shhh, I know you miss him Alexz. I miss him too, and yes I do realize he’s birthday is coming up.”

“I’m just tired of this Taylor, I don’t want to go home.” I mumble into he’s chest.

“I know but I’ll protect you, he won’t hurt you.”

“How can you promise that?” I questioned as I pulled away from him. “If you protect me then you’ll get yourself hurt.”

“I don’t know I’ll think of something, don’t worry about.”

“How can I not worry about it Taylor? I worry every time we set foot in that house. I always think that what if he goes too far and one of us dies. I’m tired of living in fear.”

“Listen,” Taylor said pulling me out of he’s arms.

“Hey guys, let’s not talk here.” Jamie said.

Nodding our heads we followed Jamie as he led us back into the school. After checking three classrooms we finally found one that was open. Taylor sat me down then him and Jamie check to see if anyone was in the classroom. Once Jamie and Taylor were done they turn the tables that were beside me and turn them facing me.

Taylor leaned over to wipe the tears off my face; I didn’t even know I was crying. “Do you want to hear something funny?” I asked the boys. “Remember when you came home early that day with Jay, and you founded me locked in the bathroom scared out my mind?” They nodded their heads as they both shared worried. “Well I locked myself in the bathroom because I heard when you came in. I called your names but you didn’t answer. That’s when I noticed the time and realize that it couldn’t be you guys because school was still in. I became nervous, I thought it was Jim coming back to finish me off.” I paused for a second to stare at their faces, “stupid I know.”

“It wasn’t stupid,” Jamie replied.

Giving him a small smile I continue with the story, “So I locked myself in the bathroom. I was freaking out when you guys started jingling the door knob.

“That’s why you were hiding in the tub?” Jamie finished.

“Yep, that it why I was hiding in the tub, I was so happy when I seen your faces. That was why I leap out the tub, forgetting the fact that my ribs were still banged up.” I gave a small laugh as the memory. “I know this is weird coming from me since I always have this tuff exterior when it comes to Jim. But after he put me in the hospital I now feel so much fear. Like the next time he will finish me off for good. I hate feeling like this; sometimes I lay awake at night and think about ending my life. I feel like that will be my only escape from the abuse. That if I die I won’t have to worry about Jim anymore I’ll finally be free. But then I think about you two, and I can’t do it. I can’t leave you two, you are all I have. Plus I know my dad will kick me out of heaven if I leave you Taylor, you’re my twin, my other half. Nevertheless I’m so tired of all this shit, so tired.”  After I was done, no one said a word. The silence was killing me, “please someone fucking say something.”

“Listen, if I ever hear you talk about killing yourself again I will kick your ass. Do you understand me?” Taylor questioned.

“Yes.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about this before, why are we just learning about your fears? You. Are. Not. Alone. Do you understand me? I know sometimes it may seem like you are, but as long as you have me.”

“And me,” Jamie stated.

“You will never be alone.” Taylor said as he stood up and pulled me into he’s arms. “Don’t worry about Jim; he will never kill you or me. I won’t let him, so do not worry.”

I nodded my head and agreed even though I knew I wouldn’t be able stop from worrying. I will stop once we’re done with Jim for good, until then I was always worry.

                              .............................................................................................

We arrived home thirty minutes late. We stop to get us something to eat so once we were in our rooms we wouldn’t have to leave. We didn’t see Jim anywhere so we thought that he left.

“It doesn’t look like he is here. So we’ll hang in my room until it time for you to sleep, alright?”

Nodding my head, Taylor told me to follow close behind him. A few more steps and we would’ve made it to Taylor room without any trouble. But of course life is a bitch and we ran into Jim. He gave us a huge smile showing all he’s fucked up teeth from smoking and drinking when he noticed us.

“Well if it isn’t daddy’s children, I thought daddy said to be home in thirty. I did say thirty right Alexz?” Jim asked. I could smell the alcohol on he’s breathe.

“Yes,” I mumbled looking down at the floor.

“Then can you tell me why you are let’s see,” he stop to look at he’s bare wrist. “Late.”

“Alexz had to stay after class to finish her work she didn’t do when she was on bed rest.” Taylor answered as he pushed me completely behind him, which didn’t go unnoticed by Jim.

“Why we’re you on bed rest?” Our mother asks when she walked into the room smoking on a cig.

“Because someone sorry excuse of a husband put her in the hospital, her ribs are bruised pretty badly from someone kicking her.” Taylor sneered.

“Don’t talk to your mother like that you little shit,” Jim yelled as he mange to push Taylor onto the floor.

“Taylor,” I called as I reach to help him up.

“Hmm, pull up your shirt.” Our mother asked as she stepped in my path.

“What? No, I’m not lifting up my shirt.”  

“Listen to your mom you little bitch, you kids are too disrespectful.”

“I give respect when it’s given to me, and I’m not lifting my shirt.” I screamed.

I cried out when my mother smacked my face, I was shocked. She only ever hit me once, “now lift up your shirt you little brat.”

Taylor shouted my name as I lifted my shirt, showing her my bruised chest. She stared at my chest with a blank expression on her once pretty face. A flicker of emotion flashed into her face. Making me believe that maybe she was realizing what she is putting though, “mom.” I called, and then it was gone.

“Next time I ask you to do something do it you little whore,” and with that said she took her cigarette that was hanging from her mouth and pressed it onto my already bruised stomach. I cried out in pain once again. Taylor shouted my name as he tried to get off the floor, but Jim put he’s foot on he’s back so he couldn’t get up. Taylor still shouted my name as he begged our mother to let me go.

“Shut that noise up,” she screamed at my twin. “The next time I tell you to do something you will do it right?” She questioned staring me right in my eye.

“Hey is anyone here, sorry to just walk in but your…..” Jay stopped talk when he noticed the situation in front of him. He’s eyes connected to mines as tears ran down my face.

“Jay, you have to leave.” Taylor said.

At the sound of Taylor voice Jay looked away, he stared at Jim as he took he’s foot off Taylor back.

“Who’s this Taylor, another one of your faggy lovers? Or is this your boyfriend Alexz, is daddy little girl whoring herself out?”

“Fuck you Jim.” I screamed causing my mother to smack me as she told me to respect my elders.

“Jim can you please leave?”

He stared at me for a second before shaking he’s head, “No.”

“Your friend doesn’t have to leave you little slut.” My mother said she finally pulled away from me, leaving me to fall to the ground. She and Jim laughed, “well kiddies we’re about to leave.” Jim stated then made he’s way out the door, however not without stopping to tell Jay to wear protection when dealing with whores like me. A minute later we heard their car speed away. When we knew that they were gone Taylor come over to me, with tears running down he’s face as he said he was sorry.  I tried to comfort him but I was in too much pain. Jay must have realized this because he came over towards us, and gently pushed Taylor away. He picked me up and then asked when me where my room was, I was in too much pain to push him away. So I told him where my room was, he laid me onto my bed then left. I thought he went home until he came back five minutes later with some cream that took the burn away. Next he wrapped my ribs up,

“you should really keep your ribs wrapped.”  

“I did for a while, but they were starting to feel better so I didn’t think I needed it.”

“Who would’ve guessed some crazy lady would’ve put her cigarette out on your stomach?”

‘Funny. That crazy lady was my mother.”

“I’m sorry to say this but your mom seems like a bitch.”

I gave a humorless laugh which made my ribs hurt, “I’m sorry she is too.”

“That big guy is your dad?”

“That asshole will never be my dad, my dad died.”

“I’m sorry.”

“Yeah me too. So what are you doing here?”

“Taylor and I project needs to be finish, we haven’t even started yet.”

“How did you know we’re we lived at?”

“I stopped at Jamie house but no one was there, then I pulled some connections to find out where you guys lived.”

“What connections?”

“A man never gives up their connections Alexz.”

“Doesn’t matter to me,” no one say anything as he finished wrapping my chest.

When he was done I look up at him as he stood from my bed, “I guess I should leave?”

“Yeah, thanks by the way.”

“No problem.” He said as he made he’s way out of my room.

Before he walked out though I called he’s name, “Jay, you cannot tell anyone what you sawed here. Better yet forget you sawed anything, please.”

“You should say something, I assume that they are the reason you we’re in the hospital. No one should have to live like this.”

“You don’t understand, we’re in our last year of high school, we are about to leave soon. If we tell the police then they would take us away. Taylor and I are so close to this being over, telling the police would complicate things even more. Just please forget you seen anything?”

 “I won’t forget that I seen anything,” and with that he left.

Closing my eyes I tried to forget all that happen, a few minutes later Taylor came into my room and climb into my bed and laid down.

“I’m useless. I promised I would protect you but I couldn’t, you got hurt again.”

“Not your fault, It was foolish to think that we you could protect me from him. Thanks for trying my lovely twin.”

“I can’t wait until all this shit is over.”

“Me too.”

Continue Reading