The Paid Mother (BWWM) ✔

By josie321

Jackie is a full time clown who lives to put smiles on people faces. Kevin Powers is a hard working business... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Soundtrack
What's next?
My Valentine (Bouns Chapter)

Chapter 8

16.8K 772 40
By josie321

Kevin

I had so much work to do, I don't think I would be able to get done tonight. So far I had two back to back meetings with no break and as soon as I got out. I found out there was a problem with one of our shipments to China.

 Gosh, can this day get any worse? I was busy looking through documents on my tablet and talking to one of my business partners in China trying to see if there could be a way to fix it without having to leave the country. 

 "Yes, I know---no, no that's not what we said!"  the conversation with Mr. Lee and I wasn't going anywhere and I was so tired. "Mr. Lee we sent them over a week ago and you---" this man really loves to cut people off. I heard a knock on the door thinking it was the files I asked "Come in" I yelled and going back to this never-ending the conversation with Mr. Lee. The smell of hot food made me forgot about Mr. Lee, I turned around to see the clown; she smiled and raised her arms showing me the plate of food she had. Holding up my hand signing to her to give me a minute I went back to my call.

 "Yes I'm here," I said when Mr. Lee started yelling out my name. I was all over the place I felt like I was running a marathon. Going back in forth from the computer, to my documents, and then back on the phone with Mr. Lee I looked up to see the clown at the island table sitting up the food, I let out a sigh. 

 "Ok, how abo--, wait, wait what are you doing?" I yelled as the clown took my phone from my hands and end the call. "What the fuck that was a very important call!" I yelled I watch as she saved my stuff and shut off my computer and tablet.

 "What are you doing?" I asked again when she wouldn't answer me. I followed her as she walked towards the table where she set the food.

 "Sit" she said pointing at the chair, letting out a deep breath I took a seat. She sat across from me "Eat" she said taking a spoon of mac and cheese, I am not a big fan of mac and cheese but at this point, I didn't care I'm staving. Taking a huge bite I started to eat.

 "Was that so hard?" she said, I felt something cool hit my face and turn to see she dabbing my face with a wet cloth, I didn't even notice she got up. "You can't keep doing this to your self Kevin, you have a kid remember," she said dabbing my neck.

 "Yeah, but he has you" I said taking a sip of my water.

 "Yes, but you're his father. You can't keep working your self like this" she said raising her voice, what she said was nothing new I got the same talk from my family and Josh.

 "Where's Max?" I asked changing the subject.

 "He's asleep now, Rose is with him" she answered sitting back.

 I started to eat my chicken tenders "How was he?"

 "He was good today, after school, we went shopping I bought him some age-appropriate cloth-"

 "What was wrong with what he has?"

 "Kevin, Max is six and he doesn't own any toys or even has one pair of superman pj's" she said as if it's a crime.

 "And?" I said not seeing her point.

 "All he owns are plan boring clothes, he's a kid and he needs to wear bright happy colors with his favorite super hero's" rolling my eyes I looked at my watch shock of how late it is.

 "Kevin" I heard her whisper "I just want to know if I'm going to be Max's mother, how will I explain this to others" I turn to face her.

 "Others?" I said confused.

 "Yeah, people here at work and the teachers at the school?" 

 "What would you rather say?" I asked getting up and making my way towards my desk I heard her follow me.

 "Well...I already told one person we are dating, I mean if that crosses the line--"

 "No it's fine" I said cutting her off and picking up my things.

 "Really?" she said shocked.

 "Yes, why not? its way easier to explain than saying you're his paid mother" grabbing my keys I made my way towards the door.

 "Wait what about the food?" she asked following me behind.

 "Someone will clean it up" I said as we walked out of my office. "Do you need a ride?" I asked opening my car door.

 "No, its ok I drove here" she said.

 "Alright," I said getting into my car.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 106 14
When an abandoned circus comes to life one chilling night, Cassandra is swept into a world of nightmares and dreams beyond her wildest imagination. ...
254K 6.4K 47
𝑠𝑢𝑔•𝑎𝑟 𝑑𝑎𝑑•𝑑𝑦 (𝑛𝑜𝑢𝑛)𝚊 𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚑, 𝚘𝚕𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚕𝚊𝚟𝚒𝚜𝚑𝚎𝚜 𝚐𝚒𝚏𝚝𝚜 𝚘𝚗 𝚊 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚐 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗 𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚗 �...
130K 6.5K 51
About a woman who struggled to keep her marriage but ended up trying for nothing. That's what she thought until someone unexpected helped her get the...
4.2M 124K 35
Jessica Summers is a simple and a beautiful young lady who has recently lost her parents and has moved to stay with her aunt. Within a few weeks, her...