Double life

By axellesmet

Everyone has three lives, a public life, a private life and a secret life. Skylar Callaway has taken this qu... More

Double Life
Profiles
READ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Sorry.
CONTEST !!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
MY LORD
I think I'm dying
Chapter 11
...ö
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter : 14
Chapter : 15
Chapter :16
I'm really sorry :(
Problem
CHAPTER 17
chapter : 18
Chapter : 19
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
attention !
SHORT INTERMEZZO
Chapter 26, finally !
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30 f*ck yeah
Chapter 31 XL
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
the end

Chapter 10

19.7K 577 46
By axellesmet

Chapter 10

© axellesmet 2014

All rights including those in copyright in the content of this story are owned by axellesmet. It's illegal to steal and/or copy.

____________________________________________________________________________

-------->>> picture on the side is GABE

Chapter 6

' Guys, guys , you're driving me crazy, I don't know what happened to her but I know she'll be just fine when she wakes up. She might have a minor concussion and trouble walking but rather than that she'll be okay. ' A velvet sweet voice said.

Wait, where is this coming from? All I can see is black.

' When will she wake up? ' I know this voice! It's Gabe!

But why is he here? And where is this here?

' Anytime soon now, she didn't slip into a coma. Just a long pass-out. Can someone tell me what happened to her? ' The velvet voice again.

What in the world is going on here?

' She got into a fight. ' A new voice said. I know it too. It's Carter but not quite Carter. he doesn't sound as happy as he usually is. I heard footsteps fading away and people shuffling around.

' You don't have to stay here, mate. You don't really know her and you've been here all this time. Does she even know you?' Gabe said, apparently addressing two o more boys in the room. All I know is that there is a nurse, Gabe, Carter and a few mystery guys I may or may not know.

' No, we want to stay, I know her and she surely knows me, I need to talk to her but I'm just not sure if she'll be happy to see me.' An oddly familiar voice stated. I can't quite place who it belongs to so I decided to listen into them a bit.

' What do you mean? '

' I know her but we're not exactly associated as friends, even though I might want to be.'

Okay, now I want to know who this guys is! I tried to open my eyes and move my arms at the same time and to my surprise, I could. Mostly in those books you read that they try to open their eyes and it doesn't work for the first time and then when they try it a second time it worked immediately. Well I wasn't like that.

When I lifted my eyelids I was greeted by a white light. too white.

Hospital.

I blinked a few times so my pupils could adjust to the bright light and lifted my head to sit up a bit. I could feel the stinging pain in my chest but I wasn't about to wince or hiss. Nah, that would be acting like a baby. Beside me were all the guys I know and cared for with bags under their eyes. My gang were all together huddled up on the couch. How all 4 of them fitted on a two person couch-without being on each other laps- I have no clue. They all looked extremely tired, how long have I been here?

Gabe was standing with his back to me, talking to a mystery guy who probably was leaning against the wall. Next to him was ... Jason? Jason from history class?

What is he doing here? I definitely didn't see this coming ...

I sat up and touched my face, checking for damage. My cheek was swollen and I'm sure it looked yellow or purple.

'Shit..'

With that first word leaving my mouth, everyone snapped their heads up at me.

Gabe and Carter were the first ones to stand beside the bed and ... you know, be worried.

' Sky are you okay?' Only Carter can ask me if I'm okay when I'm in a hospital.

' Of course not Carter, shut up will you? ' Ugh, guys...

' How long have I been here? You guys all look like shìt.' Wow, I kind of just woke up from whatever happened and I'm already rude. Way to go Sky. Jake was chuckling so he probably saw the humor in my overnice comment.

' Yeah , she's alright.' He smirked, getting Gabe and Carter off my back. Thank you.

The nurse must've heard the commotion and came in because I finally could see to who that velvet sweet voice belonged. And to tell you it suited her was an understatement. She was a tiny women who looked around the 30's with a bubbly appearance. I caught her glance at Gabe when he wasn't looking at him and vice versa. When she walked over to me to turn off the breathing machines or whatever the hèck they are Gabe couldn't stop staring at her. And not an I-want-to-bàng-her-right-here kind of stare, no more like an I-want-to-be-the-guy-she-deserves stare. Cute.

His eyes saddened more and more the longer he was looking at her, and I know exactly why. He thought he wasn't worthy of a girl like her. He thought he could never be with someone like her because of what he does for a living. He's doing some very risky and dangerous stuff and he doesn't want a woman involved in his business because that could hurt her. That's why he's still single at 36 years old.

But trust me, any woman would want to be with him. He's sweet, caring and a real gentleman. He would do anything to make his girl happy and treat her like a princess.

' Ask her out.' I mouthed to him when I was sure he wasn't looking. He immediately shook his head no.

' Come on ... ' Still a no.

' Excuse me, nurse, can I ask you a few questions? ' Before I pretend to be an amazing matchmaker, I want some answers. I want to get out, hospitals bring back terrible memories.

' Sure Hun. ' She looked so sweet, I need to get Gabe and her together.

' I kind of don't know how long I've been here and I want to get out.. ' I asked and honestly tried not to sound annoyed or rude. I'm really trying not to freak out because of this awful place. Flashed of what happened keep haunting my vision...

' Well as soon as you sign the release papers, you can get out and these nice men brought you in about a week ago and haven't left your side since then. You've got some great friends there. ' I nodded and inched her closer, I just hope she likes Gabe too.

' The guy about your age in this room, that's Gabe and he's a bit shy. But I can see he would like to take you out sometime. Could you help him a bit? ' when I was done whispering in her ear and she comprehended what I just told her, her eyes slowly lit up like a child on Christmas eve. She must've noticed him too then.

' I honestly thought there was something wrong with my charm.' She breathed and walked out the room after tucking a small paper in his hand. Her number.

His eyes shot dangerous daggers at me and if looks could kill I'd be six feet under. I know he doesn't especially want a girlfriend but I believe he needs one. He's been alone for too long. And like I said, he's a good catch. Except for what he does, of course. I wouldn't mind if my boyfriend would be in the same business as Gabe because I'm in too. But I guess it could be hard for an outsider to understand.

After signing the release paper, I changed back into my regular clothes. Well, my fight clothes. Not ideal, but it'll do for now.

I was ready to go but when I saw no movement in the room, I became a bit suspicious. I looked up from my business and saw them all staring at me. Sighing I stood up.

' What's wrong guys... I'm fine and ready to get out of here. This please gives me the creeps. ' They all looked from the one to the other and back. Spit it out ! Instead of saying something, Carter took off his T-shirt and handed it to me.

' Come on, it's my fighting clothes, don't be such a wuss Carter.' I chuckled. They've all seen me like this and in less. What got their panties in a twist?

' Sky it's not us, they're people here that we don't know if they know you. Euhm, some guys named Connor and Jason? ' Connor... Is ... Here? Why dafùck is he here? Didn't I kind of make it clear at school that I didn't want anything to do with him? He's a jerk and a player.

Everyone knows that.

But if he's here, then he must've been at the fight together with Jason?

Or my gang called him? Nah, it must be the first one. My gang doesn't know anything about my life out of their world.

It kind of makes me sad.. I don't want to hide anything from them but to keep this secret , I had to keep my two worlds separated.

But how am I going to do this now?

Does Connor know?

Does Connor know?

Please tell me Connor doesn't know..

The words kept replaying themselves in my head as I was lost in a trance. It made my head spin and my stomach knit together. I doubt this is good for a healing person. Realization hit me like a brick wall. If someone from school know my secret, my real identity... I stumbled backwards, as if an invisible force pushed me away from him. My back collided with the cold stones of the wall and cut me roughly out of my thoughts.

' Sky? ' I heard Justin's voice but I wasn't about to answer him. I didn't want to hear him, I wanted answers. But I couldn't get any because of them. They have to go.

' I'm fine Justin,' obvious lie, ' Thanks guys, for staying, for caring but I think I need some time alone. We'll meet up in the garage at 3:30 and you all going to tell me what all happened yeah? '

They all looked worried and amused but they didn't want to go in against me. I know they want to comfort me even though I'm not one in need of it. They want to make sure I'm okay because they don't only see me as their leader or as the best racer in town, they also see me as a girl. They saw me cry one time. One time. And I'm planning on letting it stay that way. I guess I wouldn't be able to take it. I don't like people seeing me weak, vulnerable. Except for at school, of course. There it is my goal to look as weak as possible.

After the four of them left together I turned my attention towards Jason, Connor and Gabe, who were the only ones left in the room. I don't know if Jason knows but if he doesn't I'm not about to let another person know.

I composed myself from my earlier moment of weakness and awkwardly cleared my throat. The air was thick and loaded with electricity.

' So, who are you and why have you been here all week?' I tried not to sound rude but asking what the hèll they are doing here? I can't put it nice.

Luckily Jason is the first one to speak.

' Euhm, I'm Jason and I'm friends with your gang, this is Connor my friend.' So Jason doesn't know.

Let's keep it that way.

He smiled kind of sheepishly at me and glanced at Connor, probably wishing for him to save him from this awkward conversation. I find it quite funny.

' We stayed because even when we don't know you, we were worried. We'd like to introduce ourselves because we like the guys and wanted to know their leader too. ' He obviously knows. His tone made it clear.

' Oh, well I'm Sky, as you probably know. I'm sorry you had to wait a week. You didn't have to. Normally I'm more.. conscious if I meet people.' They both chuckled at my lame joke as I pushed past them to finally get out of the hospital. Gabe hadn't said anything while the guys were talking so I figured he knows what's up. He brought me to his car and when we got in he didn't start up.

' You know one of them from school don't you?' he's never wrong. I'm an open book to him.

' Both of them actually. ' the road suddenly seemed more interesting than where my conversation with Gabe was about to go.

' I can tell there's more Sky, tell me. ' He sighed.

' Fine, for the past few weeks, Connor has been taking an interest in the nerd-me. He's been trying to figure out what my name is and whatnot. Of course I didn't risk anything and I told him just to back off. Since then he must've kept an eye on me and put the pieces together or something because obviously , he knows.' I know I was being vague about the whole 'Connor knows' thing but if I was explaining everything in detail, he would eventually come to the ràpe.

I wasn't about to tell him that because he would literally track down Cameron and his friends and kill them. When I looked over at him he was already staring at me. He didn't believe me yet, but whatever he does now, I'm not telling him more. After all what I told him is the truth. Just shorter.

But his eyes, clouded with worry, made my heart melt and I couldn't just ignore him. I needed to try and reassure him that I'm okay.

'Gabe I'm fine, honestly. I'm just going to go upstairs, take out my SpongeBob pajamas and crash. Nothing to worry about. And if you really want to check up on me, come to the garage when the boys will be there yeah ? ' I really hope he can't see that I'm lying my áss off. I'm not going upstairs and waste my time with sleeping and doing useless stuff. Being in the hospital for a week made me also miss a week of school. I need to catch up on things.

'Fine, I'll see you at 3:30 at the garage. You better be there.. then we can also celebrate you being the best fighter and racer in town. ' Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. I did win. I can finally upgrade the garage an finish the car.

Derek ...

I shrugged those thoughts out of my head before bitter sweet memories could come crawling up again. Though, a proud feeling did settle in the base of my stomach and after saying a quick goodbye and a small wave to Gabe I made my way upstairs.

I took a quick shower and searched for some proper clothes. My body showed in the mirror on the wall and on my stomach was covered with a huge bruise that was starting to turn from deep purple to dark yellow on the sides. Some small ones on my legs and arms and my left cheek was also turning yellow. My lips were busted and a small, clean cut was right above my eyebrow.

Seems like a week wasn't enough to heal...

Wearing a long sleeved, white blouse that showed nothing but the bruises on my face, I started with covering the ones on my face. If I would've been like any other girl in high school, I probably would've done a pretty good job at blending and covering everything. But me being, well ... me, I did a terrible job and you could still clearly see the blue and purple bruises.

Great.

( outfit : http://www.polyvore.com/m/set?.embedder=10868820&.svc=copypaste&id=125584086 )

By the time I made my bag, checked my phone on no missed calls and fùcking up pancake batter, I grabbed my stuff and head out the door. It was 7:55 so I had to move fast ... fùck this, I'm taking my bike. I grabbed my house keys and the keys to my motorcycle, I wanted to take my Chevrolet but my baby was still on the cold grounds of the old boxing centre.

Don't worry, momma's coming soon !

For a minute I thought about taking one of my real racecars but immediately shook the thought away. That would attract even more attention.

And I would never drive my Bel Air again ...

Our Bel air ...

***

'Derek ! Derek please?? Please let me do the engine! Pwetty pwease?'

' Come on princess... You know I don't like you getting on my car. The engine is a complex part, you need to clean it with care. And you definitely can't put it together . '

Puppy eyes ?

' Aw princess, don't pull that card on me.. you're too young to do things like this. It's only for the strong men. '

But I AM strong.

'This is discrimination! Just because I have a vag-' A hand covered my mouth before i could even finish that statement.

' Language !! anyway , Fine we'll make this car our baby, our little project and I'll teach you even more about cars okay? '

' Yes! THANK YOU DEREK!! ' I hugged him tightly around his waist. He was much bigger than me of course, but I didn't mind. I loved him either way.

'I love you Derek! ' I called already waggling over to the cleaning supplies for the engine.

' Love you too princess...'

Tears brimmed in the corners of my eyes by looking at the car as the memories of us are pounding in my head. Before I can even register it myself I am on my bike, tears rolling off my cheeks scowling at myself for being so weak.

Grow some balls Sky ! He wouldn't want to see you like this , he would laugh at you gòddamit !

Princess ...

***

A/N

Yay, chapter 10 is up :)

Less yay is that I have only 3 chapters left pre-written and I have no computer OR inspiration ...

Having writers-block sucks ....

SO I hope for you guys that this long update is good and I hope you enjoyed !!

I did writing it ;) when I DID NOT have not a single idea

Okay that isn't really a sentence but boo freaking hoo :)

LUVS xx- axellesmet

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653K 28.2K 48
"In a house full of eight, disgusting, inconsiderate, illogical, and inconvincibly stupid older brothers, what's one more?" *** Alex has eight o...
20.3K 956 16
A year after Dream was defeated, people made stories about the man in the smiley face mask who was blamed and turned into something he wasn't, and st...
115K 2K 26
Sequel to the babysitter. ‼️TW‼️
74.2K 3.5K 59
What happens when you're waiting for your favourite latte in your favourite cafe and suddenly there are people in suspicious, ridiculous masks who wa...