The Only One ( Teen Wolf )

By CuteHelloGoodbye

THIS IS THE SECOND BOOK TO MY OTHER STORY "The Other Girl!" So please if you haven't read The Other Girl, ple... More

The Only One
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
One-Shot: Christmas
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 23

21.2K 735 208
By CuteHelloGoodbye

Hey guys! I didn't have a chance to put this chapter through word but I reread it multiple times to catch any errors so I apologize if there are any mistakes!! I am really happy with this chapter so i hope you guys like it too! Enjoy!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do not own the characters of TV show teen wolf such as Scott, Derek, Allison, Stiles, and so on. I do not own the show teen wolf. I do not own the ideas of the TV show Teen Wolf. (Though I wish I could be such an amazing writer as the writer of Teen Wolf!!!) I do own my characters such as Emily and her friend Stephanie, and Sean because I created them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 23:

--Sean's POV:

"What do you mean her hand is healing?" Derek's low voice said into the phone.

I could hear wind muffling the speakers on the phone where ever Derek was. He was more than likely making sure Isaac wasn't going to turn feral again and was out of harms way for the time being.

"I have no idea how it happened but you need to get here now." I replied as I paced Emily's kitchen, the handcuffs and other necessities on my police utility belt chimed quietly as I walked.

"I'm on my way." Derek replied quickly before he hung up.

Emily hadn't said much when we had left the vet clinic earlier. She was exhausted and could barely stay awake in the car ride home. She had told me that she was getting really cold as well so I did my best to keep her warm. I tried asking her questions about what Deaton had said and if he had done anything to her hand to heal it but I received no answers.

Emily looked like she hadn't slept well in days. I wasn't sure if it was because she still had a cold or what. As soon as we had arrived back at Emily's house, I had brought her upstairs and placed her in her bed. As quickly as I had pulled the sheets over her, her eyes had shut and her breathing had become slow and quiet.

I had taken her hand in mine to look at it one last time before I called Derek. Her skin was still so cold and it concerned me.

I was downstairs now, pacing the kitchen still, waiting for Derek to arrive. I at first had thought it would be a good idea to contact Scott about this but had decided it was better if Derek knew first. Derek knew much more then Scott and I also didn't want those two in the same house together. I knew Scott and Stiles were out causing trouble so they wouldn't be home anytime soon anyways.

The clock soon struck midnight just as a knock came from the front door.

Knowing it was Derek, I opened the door. I was surprised to see the same tired look that Emily had was also written across Derek's face.

"Where is she?" He asked as I stepped aside to let him in.

"She's safe and upstairs sleeping. I couldn't keep her awake to ask her anything else." I said, watching as Derek's gaze went to the stairs.

"Why is she so tired?" Derek said as he glanced back at me.

"I'm not sure." I said as I closed the front door, the creaking of the wood echoing throughout the house.

"Where did you take her?" Derek asked and I could hear a tint of anger in his voice.

At first I wondered why he hadn't gone up to see Emily yet but then again I knew he was listening to her every heart beat while we spoke.

"She called and asked me to take her to see Deaton. She said that she needed some answers." I responded, knowing very well that this may lead to a brawl.

Derek shook his head but didn't protest, to my surprise. He knew that he wasn't providing any answers and that Emily would eventually find answers on her own.

"So what did Deaton tell you?" He asked and I felt myself tense slightly.

"Well that's the thing, Deaton wasn't there when we got to his vet clinic." I started, "I told Emily to wait in the car so I could check it out first. Thankfully I had because when I walked up to the door Argent and Gerard were already there."

"What did you just say?"Derek growled and now I could hear the anger clearly in his voice, "You took her to a place filled with hunters?"

"You and I both know that if I had known that the Argents were at the vet clinic, I would have never taken Emily there." My own anger now danced on my tongue as I replied.

Derek didn't say anything at first. He took a deep breath and leaned against one of the walls next to stairs.

"So you never saw Deaton?" Derek asked.

"The Argents were meeting at the vet clinic because of the death of one of their hunters. The same murder case I had to investigate earlier when we were discussing you going to see Deaton." I said, ignoring his question because I hadn't made it to that part of the story yet, "Somehow, they had gained access to their friend's body and had brought it to the clinic. Gerard had me examine the body. It wasn't anything like I have ever seen before."

"And they think Emily did it." Derek asked but it came out as more of a statement.

"I know for a fact that it was the creature that attacked us on the full moon that killed that hunter. But that's not the part that bothered me. When they discussed who was responsible for their hunters death, they spoke about someone they called their 'target.' I believe that the hunter that attacked Emily was there at the clinic as well. He was the one that spoke about how he had almost captured Emily I believe. Unless there's a female werewolf out there in the woods that we don't know about, Emily is in more danger than we thought."

Derek was quiet as he took in all the new information.

"The claw marks on the hunters body were deep and vertical, the complete opposite of a werewolf attack. The hunter's blood also had a poison like substance in it that paralyzed him as well."

"The same thing that happened to us when we were attacked on the full moon." Derek said more to himself.

"There's no doubt in my mind that the creature is behind his death, but I know there is no way to convince the Argents of that. Gerard has brought in new hunters that are a completely ruthless and they have no code."

"And there is no way we can convince them that Emily is still human..." Derek started but didn't finish the sentence he was on.

"You need to see her hand." I told him, both of us knowing what it possibly meant if her hand healed.

We were interrupted with a loud sneeze from upstairs, followed by a petite voice saying excuse me afterwards.

I looked at Derek funny. If her hand had started healing, then we could assume that she had finally turned but why was she still sneezing?

Derek gave me the same confused look before he moved upstairs, me following right behind him.

As I walked through the door way to Emily's room, Derek was already at Emily's bed side. He had turned on the lamp next to her bed yet Emily didn't move. She was laying on her side, facing Derek with the covers up so high that they almost covered her face.

"Em?" I heard him ask but there was no response. She must have already fallen back asleep.

Derek carefully pulled on some of the covers to reveal her face and shoulders.

"Why does she have your jacket on?" Derek asked as he motioned to the light brown Sheriff's department jacket wrapped over her shoulders.

"She kept saying that she was freezing." I asked, the tone in my voice never changing.

We were both baffled about the situation and had no idea what to think of it.

"Em." Derek said as he placed a hand on her side over the blankets.

This time she moved a little. Within seconds her eyes were slowly opening.

"Hey." Emily whispered to Derek as she saw him but she still didn't move.

Her eyes looked up at me as well and she smiled.

"Please tell me you two are getting along." She mumbled in almost an inaudible tone.

"Always." I chuckled.

Derek glared at me for a second before he looked back at Emily.

"Can I see your hand?" He asked.

She nodded her head slowly before she slid her hand out from under the covers. Derek took her hand in both of his and I could see him tense.

"You weren't lying." He said to me but never looked away from Em's hand.

I leaned over to take a look again as well.

"It looks as if it had been healing for at least a month or two." I said, "It's healing too fast for a human."

"I don't understand how..." Derek was sudden interrupted as Emily's eyes opened quickly all the way.

She kicked off the blankets and slipped out of my jacket as fast as she could.

"Emily, what's wrong?" Derek asked after she took her hand out of his.

"I'm sorry, excuse me!" She said as she jumped up and ran for the bathroom. She slammed the bathroom door shut with a loud thud.

I looked at Derek completely confused and concerned. He was now standing by her bed side staring at the bathroom door.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked as Derek made his way to the bathroom door.

He tried to turn the doorknob but Emily quickly told him to not come in.

"Emily, what is wrong?" Derek asked, obeying her request to stay out. I knew he wouldn't listen for very long though.

He was answered by the awful sound of vomiting in the other room.

"I'm coming in," Derek said with concern.

"No! Please don..." Emily yelled but once again the horrible sounded returned.

Derek waited for a few seconds before he opened the door. It had grown quiet in the bathroom indicating that her sudden sickness had passed for now.

I followed behind Derek into the bathroom. Emily was sitting next to the toilet with her hair pulled back into a messy bun. She had her hands covering her face and her knees pulled up against her chest.

"I'm so sorry. This is so embarrassing and gross." She said quietly.

"Are you alright?" Derek asked as he knelt down in front of her.

"I think so." She replied, lifting up her head.

Her face was pale and she looked like she felt terrible.

"I'm sorry. I felt nauseous and exhausted and I couldn't stop myself from throwing up. I'v been so nauseous lately." She said.

My eyes narrowed, something in the back of my head telling me something I didn't want to hear, "Derek."

"Don't," He growled, obviously knowing exactly what I was thinking.

"What?" Emily asked, completely unaware of what we were implying.

"Can you give us a second?" I asked Emily.

"Uh, sure." She nodded her head, a confused expression written along her features.

"Are you alright for now?" Derek asked.

"I'm fine. Just feel a little sick still, that's all."

"Ok," Derek said as he stood.

He glared at me as he passed by and then into Emily's room.

I followed Derek and shut the bathroom door quietly behind me, leaving Emily alone but not for along.

"Do not say it." Derek said quietly so Emily could not hear.

"You know exactly what I'm going to say." I replied just as quietly as Derek had spoken, "She's nauseous, she's been sick, and she's felt exhausted ever since you two got back from your beach trip. I don't think I have to add up everything for you to get the big picture. This could explain so much."

Derek took a deep breath as he listened to what I was saying.

"There's no way her body can handle something like this. It could kill her." I spoke, trying to not sound angry.

"There's only one way to know for sure." He replied as he walked past me and opened the bathroom door yet again.

Emily looked up at us and at the expressions on our faces and froze.

"What's going on?" She asked as Derek moved in front of her. He crouched down so that he was a little higher than Emily's eye level.

"It's ok, I just need to see something." Derek said.

I watched nervously as he reached out to her.

She moved away a little but Derek stopped her.

"It's ok." He repeated as he lifted her shirt a little.

"Derek, what are you doing?" Emily asked quickly as she squinted her eyes but he didn't answer.

He placed a hand gently over her now bare stomach and closed his eyes. His large hand almost covered her entire stomach. Emily said nothing as she watched him. My hands tightened into fists as I saw Derek's eyes opened and they were glowing red, not knowing what exactly his response meant. He looked down at his hand that was covering her exposed stomach before he took his hand off of her and his eyes returned to normal.

"Derek?" Em whispered.

Derek leaned forward and kissed her on the forehead before he turned towards me.

"I don't sense anything." He said before he turned back to her.

I could feel relief flood my body.

"You don't sense what?" Emily asked but out of no where it was as if she suddenly put all the pieces together in her head.

"You two think I'm pregnant?" She asked loudly.

I laughed nervously as Derek rubbed the back of his head.

"We had to be sure." I told her as Derek helped her up to her feet.

"Just because I feel sick for a while doesn't mean I'm pregnant you idiots," She smiled yet I knew she had been worried about the same thing, "but I appreciate the concern."

Of course, the tension in the room fizzled out immediately and I could tell everyone had relaxed a little now.

Derek and I left the bathroom soon after so Emily could wash up a little and brush her teeth after getting sick and all.

We both waited for Emily until we heard her bathroom door open. She walked out slowly and went straight to her bed. Emily sat at the edge of the bed where I then took a spot next to her. Derek stood in front of her and asked to see her hand again. Now that the other situation had been handled, it was now back to the mystery of how Emily's hand was healing so quickly.

"How did your hand heal so fast? Do you feel any different?" I asked.

"Deaton actually helped it heal." Emily replied.

"What do you mean?" Derek asked as he turned her hand over to see the exit wound from the arrow.

"He put some herb on it that he said would help with the pain and heal it. I didn't believe him at first but look at it now." She said as she looked down at her hand.

I could tell that she felt ten times better now that the wound had started to heal.

"Do you know what the herb was called?" I asked.

"I think Deaton called it yellow monkshood but I could be wrong." She replied.

"Aconitum anthora." I replied under my breath.

"He gave her wolfsbane?" Derek said louder, the concern in his voice was evident, "It's lethal to werewolves and almost always deadly to humans."

"Then why would he give that to me?" Emily said, a little panicked.

"This type of wolfsbane can be used to heal some wounds but it's main use is to exterminate werewolves." I started, trying to calm both of them down as quickly as possible, "He must have diluted it so it wouldn't harm you. It also could be why you feel so sick right now as well."

"So if I get hurt, can I just use this type of wolfsbane to heal?" Emily asked.

"No. It doesn't work like that. This specific type, is used on older wounds that have had time to heal on their own. But your wound is healing much faster than the usual effect of this wolfsbane." I told Emily.

"It's because she's my mate, isn't it?" Derek asked, his eyes meeting mine.

"The fact alone that she is an Alpha's mate is impressive enough but adding in this wolfsbane has increased her ability to heal these wounds tremendously." I replied, "There is no way on Earth that any other ordinary human could heal like this."

"Well that's good to know. It's something we can now use if we need it." Emily said with a tired smile.

It didn't take a scientist to know that Emily was still exhausted, especially with all the commotion from earlier.

Emily's gaze went to her hand as she turned it over again and again slowly. Examining the small red line that indicated the exact place the arrow pierced her flesh.

"Can I ask a favor?" She suddenly asked, her eyes meeting mine, then Derek's.

Derek nodded his head, silently indicating her to continue.

"It's something I have been thinking about for a while now and I think it's the perfect time now to ask. You can both say no if you dont think it's a good idea." She started as a hint of a giddy smile began to form on her face, "As soon as my hand has healed, I want to learn how to fight."

Both Derek and I raised our eyebrows.

"Fight?" Derek repeated, amused.

"Yes." Emily said sheepishly, "I don't want to become some ninja or anything like that. I just want to know how to at least try and defend myself. I'm tired of being saved all the time."

It wasn't until she spoke that last sentence that we both realized exactly how important this was to her. She was being completely serious.

"Of course." Derek told her as he took her good hand into his.

Emily smiled as she looked at him before her eyes traveled to me.

"That's fine with me." I replied with a laugh.

"Good." She replied to both of us.

"You need to rest for now though and let the wolfsbane take it's course." I told her and Derek nodded.

It wasn't until then that I realized how late it really was.

"I really need to get going. I have work in a few hours." I said as I sighed, knowing I wouldn't be getting a good night sleep tonight.

"Alright." Emily replied as she stood to walk me out but I motioned for her to stay. She frowned as I told her to rest.

"Drive safe." She said as she say back down.

"Always," I told her with a smile, relieved that she was going to be ok, for now.

-----

--Emily's POV:

"So you want to learn how to fight?" Derek said, his grin grew as he spoke.

"Yes," I replied with a glare, "It's not funny.

"I know. I am just a little surprised." Derek said as he stood and closed my bedroom door that Sean had left open when he had left a little while ago.

"Surprised?" I asked and Derek replied by shaking his head.

I was still sitting on my bed before I leaned back and laid against the multiple pillows I had lying against the headboard. Derek stood at the edge of my bed watching me get comfortable. I felt my face start to turn red as he began to remove his black leather jacket, then shirt. His body was simply something that shouldn't exist in this world, only in dreams. I turned my head away as he took off his pants, leaving him only in his black boxers.

I didn't look back at him until I felt the bed dip down next to me and the covers being pulled over me until it rested on my hips. I was still sitting up a little against the pillows but Derek was lying down all the way, with his head resting of the pillow next to me. I looked down at him and couldn't help but smile.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked quietly, nervous about what I was about to ask.

Derek hummed a yes as he looked up at me.

"Would you prefer if I wasn't human?" I asked even quieter than my last question.

Derek raised his head off the pillow and rested on his forearm so that he was eye level with me.

"Of course not." Derek asked as his eyes searched mine, "Why are you asking this?"

His expression changed to concern and slight confusion.

"I don't know really. I just sometimes worry that you will get tired of me being human." I said, looking down at my hands, "Aren't Alphas supposed to be with other werewolves?"

"There is no difference between having a human mate or a werewolf mate." Derek said as he leaned forwards, "And I could never be tired of you."

His lips met mine but I stopped him with a smile. I still had a few things to say.

"Deaton told me that it is extremely rare that a werewolf and a human are together. He says it can make the werewolf weak and vulnerable." I said.

Derek watched my eyes carefully before he replied, "The only reason why it could make a werewolf vulnerable is because other wolves could use the fact that you're a human and not as strong as a werewolf, against me."

"But Deaton said that mates who are both werewolves feed off one another and there strength. If I'm just a human, you could be put in more danger because of it. I'm supposed to make you stronger, but I can't because I'm human." I said and took a deep breath.

"You do make me stronger." Derek replied without pause, "The moment I met you, I had felt stronger. It doesn't matter if you're a werewolf or not. It is the connection between mates that makes a werewolf strong, not wether or not one is human or not. A werewolves connection with their mate is stronger than any love a human could ever have with another human. Even though you are human, you still somehow feed off me. It works both ways for us. What we have is extremely rare."

I opened my mouth to reply but I nothing came out. I had felt my heart begin to race as he spoke. It wasn't very often that Derek spoke like this.

"Are you ok?" Derek asked and I knew it was because he was listening to my heart.

"I don't know why, but I love that you can hear it, even when you're a little ways away." I said quietly, referring to my heart beat, "It makes me feel so safe. I just wish I could do the same for you."

Derek chuckled before he wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me down so that I was laying on his chest. I could hear his heart beating loudly in his chest. As his hand gently ran over my back I closed my eyes. This man under me, has so much power and strength running through his veins. He could easily kill with a snap of his wrist, yet his fingers danced slowly and carefully across my back as I rested on him. There was something about the sheer power of a werewolf that fascinated me.

I felt Derek kiss the top of my head before I wrapped my hand around Derek's other hand. Our fingers intertwined before I fell into a deep, deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

176K 3.4K 24
Megan and Derek go back to since they were babies. They were in love with eachother since they understood love. They were both born werewolves so the...
2.8M 139K 46
Grace has spent the past two years locked up and held prisoner by Kellan and his rogues. Now that she is finally free she wants nothing more than to...
142K 2.7K 15
Sam McCall, younger sister of Scott McCall finds herself in a sticky situation as her and her brother get bit by a wolf. How will she deal with the...
218K 12.8K 31
(Book 2) (Sequel to *Warning:do not bite*) Cyan can't remember a time before war. From what he's picked up from passing servants over the years, it's...